Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,818 members, 7,824,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu (4641 Views)

Iara And Emmanuel Oshiomhole Visit IDPs At Uhogua (Pics) / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
There is no doubt ibos whether from the SE or the SS are happy about Buhari's appointment of Kachikwu as NNPC GMD even though they may not want to show it.

No serious Yoruba person will claim Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu is Urhobo/Itshekiri/Ijaw/Isoko just because he is from Delta state in a bid to spite the ibos.

However, when a Bukola Saraki emerges Senate President against the wish of the APC leadership, pained ibos are quick to claim Saraki is Fulani, a tribe that is virtually non existent in modern day Kwara state in a bid to console themselves having found themselves playing the role of a perpetual deputy.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order.

In actual fact, Bukola Saraki is more Yoruba than Ibe Kachikwu is ibo. How? The Kwara/Ilorin Yorubas speak pure Yoruba similar to that of Oyo people and don't have a dialect while Delta ibos speak diluted ibo as a result of interaction with the other neighbouring ethnic groups over decades if not centuries.

That aside, this is what a core Fulani has to say about Bukola Saraki's roots, albeit indirectly.

Three days after his inauguration, President Muhammadu Buhari has not been able to make key appointments due to a crisis of confidence that has pitted him against power blocs in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). This has made the National Coordinator of the Concerned Northern Professional Forum (CNPF), Dr. Mohammed Junaid, to accuse a section of the APC leadership of trying to arm-twist Buhari to make some appointments against his wish. He accused the APC of trying to use zoning to hold Buhari captive, saying resorting to allotting positions on zonal basis is inimical to good governance.

The president, which on Sunday named Managing Director, Sun Newspapers, Mr. Femi Adesina and head of media of his campaign organisation, Mallam Garba Shehu, as spokesmen, is yet to unveil names of Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and Chief of Staff, among others.

But New Telegraph learnt that intense pressure, as well as insistence on certain government positions from intra-party and regional power blocs, might have stalled further announcements of sensitive appointments by Buhari. “There is more to what you think, the president is not keeping the party guessing, rather, a brewing cold war has to be stemmed from getting out of hand”, an insider said yesterday. It was gathered that some powerful Northern power brokers had impressed it on the president to restrict his search for the headship of certain sensitive positions to the region.

The source, a member of the APC Board of Trustees (BoT) caucus, listed some of such positions to that of the SGF, Chief of Staff, National Security Adviser (NSA) and the headship of the Federal Ministry of Finance. He said some young, but powerful confidants of the president had drawn up a list of such positions with the support of certain influential power brokers from the North. “We fear if the president can say no to such persons under the present circumstances,” he added. He said a delegation of some influential Northerners had handed over what he called an ‘A’ list to the president.

“When you say the president as a person is keeping the party guessing, I laugh. In fairness to him, it is not true because we know as a matter of fact that some powerful leaders of the party from the North have insisted on certain key appointments. “Looking at their arguments for such, you will also agree that they might be right to say yes, we need to have these this time around because in whatev-er we do, once precedence has been set, it becomes difficult to fault when successive actions in similar light come to the fore.

“For instance, when today they insist on having the NSA, CBN governor, SGF, COS and even the Minister of Finance, you don’t have to blame them because right from the days of Obasanjo till Jonathan, we have come to realise that these appointments had at one time or the other, resided in a section of the country before. “In fact, there was a time former President Jonathan had his NSA, CoS and Finance Minister all from the South-South. So the issue is not just the president keeping the party leadership guessing, but what is at hand is how we will stem a brewing cold war within us to get out of hand into open confrontation.

“The truth remains that to say no, or simply ignore the demands presented by this group of our colleagues from the North will only be insensitive, that is why we are trying to explore more diplomatic means of concession to one another,” he said. It could not be immediately confirmed if the move by the Forum of Northern States’ Secretaries to Governments to endorse one of their own, the Secretary to Borno State Government, Ambassador Baba Ahmed Jidda, for the position of SGF was in line with the push as disclosed by the party top shot.

The forum, in a letter to Buhari and signed by the Coordinator of the Forum and former SSG of Niger State, Hon. Saidu Ndako Idris Kpaki, said the recommendation was part of their contribution to support the new administration to succeed in its quest to improve the lives of Nigerians. The position of the forum had raised curiosity; especially following reports that a founding leader of the APC, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, was being considered for the job. For the positions of the NSA and CoS, erstwhile Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau and Col Hammed Ali, all retired, are the prime candidates likely to get the jobs.

But New Telegraph gathered that on the cards for the positions of Finance Minister is Dr Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi, who was Chief Economic Adviser to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. But Junaid, who clarified that he was not speaking for the North, said the APC should be blamed for any crisis and delay over appointments by the president. He alleged that with the zoning of offices, the APC was already holding Buhari hostage. He said: “First and foremost, I have never claimed to be speaking for the North; my attitude has always been what is good for the nation.
Having said that, I think the APC is creating a problem for President Buhari by this zoning mantra. “Basically, I think it is because the party allowed crooks and counterproductive elements from the PDP to join its fold and these persons have now brought in this idea of zoning, which I think is very inimical to good governance. “For instance, the position of the SGF is a very sensitive office and it is the engine room of the government; the head of government must be allowed to pick whoever he feels is best suitable for the job.

When former President Obasanjo picked Chief Ufot Ekaette, it was believed that he picked out of merit and not zoning, so the APC should not try to impose any useless zoning on the president. “The same goes for other offices such as the CBN governor, NSA and all that, including the now annoying jostle for the position of the Senate president.

“Nigerians should be wary of those who want to plant seeds of discord that will cause confusion in the early life of this administration because from the way things are going, if care is not taken, leadership of the Senate might be in the hands of the same ethnic group that has grabbed the vice-presidency; that same ethnic group wants to be speaker of the House of Representatives. But I can bet you, it will not be allowed to happen in this country because we know ourselves.” But reacting to the allegation that the APC was holding the president hostage, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said such a statement should be ignored. “Please ignore such statements; it is too early to give prominence to statements that will not help this administration,” he said.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/2352188/appointment-apc-holding-buhari-hostage

The three major tribes cut across zones.

There are Hausa/Fulanis in the NW/NE/NC

There are Yorubas in the SW/NC/SS

The ibos are in the SE/SS

Congratulations to the ibos on the new appointment. I hope the wailing will cease for a while even though everyone knows ibos are an INSATIABLE lot.

One love.

7 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
What is dis one saying, ve u been to ilorin before?
Fulani owns ilorin

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Mynd44: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
OP, have you eaten?

3 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mynd44:
OP, have you eaten?

Ode ni e!
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
[s]What is dis one saying, ve u been to ilorin before?
Fulani owns ilorin[/s]

You are a dullard!

7 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Happiness87(f): 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
op, you are writing poo

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!
Full, I base in ilorin

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Full, I base in ilorin I am a fool based in Ilorin

'Full' indeed. grin
You are a dullard!

8 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by coolitempa(f): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fulani owns ilorin

Biafraudians....such a daft set of people..... cheesy cheesy...so saraki a yorubaman is now a supporter of the SE.......some people will continue to serve us until we dispatch them to their erosion land..... grin......

Dem no even get their own anymore......but to highlight a fight between two....Yoruba factions........ grin......

5 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Happiness87:
op, you are writing poo

How? Point it out.
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by coolitempa(f): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

'Full' indeed. grin
You are a dullard!

The muumuu is the biggest clown here....... grin
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Bollove: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fulani owns ilorin
Yoruba/Fulani own Ilorin @Ilorin, we have mixed Yoruba/Fulani !!!

Op we have Yoruba in SW/NC and SS as well as far away Benin, Togo and Ghana till Brazil and more !!!

As for Bukola Saraki, He is a Yoruba man from NorthCentral state of Kwara !!!

5 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Bollove: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Full, I base in ilorin
LiarMohammed, where in Ilorin
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
coolitempa:

The muumuu is the biggest clow here....... grin

hahahahaha

ibo semi-literates make up the bulk of active Nairalanders.

So sad.

5 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bollove:

Op we have Yoruba in SW/NC and SS as well as far away Benin, Togo and Ghana till Brazil and more !!!

You are right. We have Yorubas in the SS. I forgot to add SS.

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bollove:
LiarMohammed, where in Ilorin
Idiat, sanrab
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Bollove: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Idiat, sanrab
Which local government area is sanrab located
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bollove:

D guy is fulani, if u like kill yaself
Oloshi eshinwaju e fe kun da nu abi?

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by coolitempa(f): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

hahahahaha

ibo semi-literates make up the bulk of active Nairalanders.

So sad.

Soooooooo true.......d funny thing is.......their educated classes out of NL are embarrassed by them....... cheesy......as for me and my friends......I just come here to laugh and mock them...... cheesy......imagine Nnamdi Kanu leading a people......... grin cheesy grin grin......if you do not find that funny......what else can u find funny....... grin

Nnamdi Kanu for presido o jare..... grin
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Bollove:
Which local government area is sanrab located
Idiat, they ask me full oloshi
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

D guy is fulani, if u like kill yaself
Oloshi eshinwaju e fe kun da nu abi?

Olodo!
You are entitled to your own opinion no matter how senseless,useless and baseless. And thank goodness, your opinion doesn't count!
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Bollove: 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Sharrap !! mumu, must you lie abi U be LieMohammed !!
Omo ale !!!
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by coolitempa(f): 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Illiterate.....it's spelt 'fool'....muumuu....... cheesy
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Bollove: 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
D guy is fulani, if u like kill yaself Oloshi eshinwaju e fe kun da nu abi?
No , Saraki is a Yoruba !! Baba e lo ma "kun" dani sinu lagoon !!!

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Udmaster(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
coolitempa:

Soooooooo true.......d funny thing is.......their educated classes out of NL are embarrassed by them....... cheesy......as for me and my friends......I just come here to laugh and mock them...... cheesy......imagine Nnamdi Kanu leading a people......... grin cheesy grin grin......if you do not find that funny......what else can u find funny....... grin

Nnamdi Kanu for presido o jare..... grin

Abi o.

Let's watch and see if they will still cry for Biafra.

A shortwhile and they'll start praising Buhari to the highest heavens and paying him thank you/appreciation visits for the appointment and in the process ask for more appointments like Oliver Twists. grin

What a tribe! grin
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sophisticated fulls, how come d leader of yoruba race tinumbu don't want saraki to be d senate president?
And for dat full, am in ilorin south, come meet me dere if u get mind, close to dat babe dat sells bbq fish at sanrab junction
Ma kpa e danu bi ewure

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by VirginFinder: 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
[s]Sophisticated fulls, how come d leader of yoruba race tinumbu don't want saraki to be d senate president?
And for dat full, am in ilorin south, come meet me dere if u get mind, close to dat babe dat sells bbq fish at sanrab junction
Ma kpa e danu bi ewure[/s]

You are a dullard!
Who made Tinubu the leader of the Yoruba race? You?

Saraki's ambition to become Senate President was a stumbling block to Femi Gbajabiamila's (Tinubu's man) emergence as Speaker since both of them are Yorubas.
Tinubu may have supported Saraki if his man, Gbaja, was not in the equation.

3 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Udmaster(m): 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Saraki's ambition to become Senate President was a stumbling block to Femi Gbajabiamila's (Tinubu's man) emergence as Speaker since both of them are Yorubas.
IGBOS ROCK! You will Perish in your Hate if you don't repent.. TRIBAL MARKED EWEDU EATER.. We will ALWAYS PROSPER, No matter how they hate.

1 Like

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Indeed, your race is "sophisticated".
U better wake up and face reality
Fulani is saraki, saraki is fulani
Omo ale

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by coolitempa(f): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

Abi o.

Let's watch and see if they will still cry for Biafra.

A shortwhile and they'll start praising Buhari to the highest heavens and paying him thank you/appreciation visits for the appointment and in the process ask for more appointments like Oliver Twists. grin

What a tribe! grin

I am not a legally trained person but I hope Nigeria's constitution has provisions whereby other parts of its constituents can expel diliquent, non productive, criminal minded and obstinate parts. Then we can be rid of these chest beating vagabonds...... cheesy......soon they will start shouting Sai buhari...... grin....what a shameless bunch....... cheesy
Re: Comparing Bukola Saraki And Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu by coolitempa(f): 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Simple and straight........but wait small o....biafrans will soon claim saraki is yiboe....... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out What This Dog Did To Donald Trump (picture Of The Day) / Massive Anti-buhari Protest Storms Abuja / 2017 Budget: FG Targets N565bn From Recovered Loot, MTN Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.