Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) (81236 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy / In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by successinlife: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
I thought God doesn't make mistakes in His creations, I guess the Bible lied

Don't be ignorant my man.With due respect to your person,can you please explain to us if it is Bible that makes an amputation caused by accidents?our problem in Africa and Nigeria in general that we atribute anything that happened to us as from God due to our religious beliefs,checking that picture carefuly it is a total malformation that may be as a result of accident,i.e maybe the mother fell on her womb,got puched in the womb or maybe she tried to abort at an early stage of the pregnancy. Why is the other parts of the body similar to normal human,even the tiny part of the foetus,we can see clearly the baby sex,i will not look or conclude on this from any religious point of view,the mother should explain in details what happened during the course of her pregnancy.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by KingTom(m): 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
KingTom DrAify
Any explanation and possible remedy maybe for this? sad

DrAify:
It is called Treacher Collins syndrome.There is a face but distorted.
It is a genetic disorder due to mutation.
Treatment involves multidisciplinary approach.

Ditto cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by podosci(m): 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
What about hermerphrodites and conjoined twins? Can we now blame God
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by gabazin080(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
sonnie10:

Where is the human in you? Only a beast can make this type of comment in such situation. The earlier you start learning how to talk the better because this type of comment can ruin ones life.
sorry if you are offended. I now know I was wrong and am sorry for the post.
It has been modified
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by DrAify(f): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
It is called Treacher Collins syndrome.
casket:
It is a congenital defect of the face though I don't its name .

I really sorry for the baby and the parents especially, I can imagine the kind of pain they are passing through.

It may be due to drugs, radiation , herbal concotsions the mother exposed to probably for another medical condition during the course pregnancy.

Lesson: Don't use unprescribed drugs or herbal mixture while you are pregnant.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by shomutuski(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
This is genetic mutation!!! We had a lecture on ABG- genetics on mutation like this... Most are caused by chromosomal Abnormalities I.e when a cell doesn't contain the required 23/23 number of chromosome. Mutation might include turner's syndrome, mosaicsm, kinefeller syndrome, trisomy 18.. A Geneticist will surely know the kind of mutation the boy has... You know reading actually widens your horizon.. Pick a book today on genetics and see how informed you will be.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by VickyRotex(f): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
DrAify:
I'm not disputing but the cause of this is mutation of some genes and it hasn't been confirmed if it is as a result of what you listed.
This is Treacher Collins Syndrome

Oh, a similar case of Juliana Wetmore, the girl born without a face.

Ain't in the medical field tho

Thanks for the enlightenment Dr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by evans4sure: 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
OMG! DIS IS HORRIBLE... shocked
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:

Allah knew you were gonna ask this stupid question.

Hear him:

"O People, if you are in any doubt regarding the resurrection, then (reflect), Verily, We (Allah) have created you from sand, then from a sperm drop, then from a clot of congealed blood, then from a lump of flesh formed (i.e. properly shaped) and (sometimes) deformed so that we display to you (Our power). We keep you in (your mothers') wombs for an appointed time as We please, then We extract you as an infant." (Qur'an 22:5)"

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by DrAify(f): 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
You damn right.

What you actually listed were exogenous factors.
You are welcome
VickyRotex:

Oh, a similar case of Juliana Wetmore, the girl born without a face.

Ain't in the medical field tho

Thanks for the enlightenment Dr.

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Appareil(m): 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
The baby doesn't look day old. Something is not correct somewhere
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
DrAify:
It is called Treacher Collins syndrome.

Thanks dear..
I agree with you.
Though it is very rare, about 2 in 50,000 live births, autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance.

The family will need karyotyping with genetic counseling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Freegud(m): 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
All i knw is that anytin that happen to you is a result of what u did, or what u failed to do that all
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by bbjummy: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:

God has never made a mistake and never will he.
You never can tell the drugs she took while she was pregnant or what she might have been exposed to.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by podosci(m): 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
Allah wicked oo...so he intentionally deforms people for the fun of it? And this people would go through life with harshness and difficulty
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by podosci(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
What about hermerphrodites and conjoined twins?
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by DrAify(f): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
You welcome.
Yeah
casket:

Thanks dear..
I agree with you.
Though it is very rare, about 2 in 50,000 live births, autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance.

The family will need karyotyping with genetic counseling.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pierocash:
I Smell Abortion pill
nor b lie,d woman abort the child face
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by successinlife: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
danjumakolo:

Allah knew you were gonna ask this stupid question.

Hear him:

"O People, if you are in any doubt regarding the resurrection, then (reflect), Verily, We (Allah) have created you from sand, then from a sperm drop, then from a clot of congealed blood, then from a lump of flesh formed (i.e. properly shaped) and (sometimes) deformed so that we display to you (Our power). We keep you in (your mothers') wombs for an appointed time as We please, then We extract you as an infant." (Qur'an 22:5)"

Good reply to the man,i noticed in your al quoran quotation of we (allah), please how many body or people formed allah(we)? no need for insult please,i will appreciate your explanayion. Thanks in advance.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by blesoh(f): 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
This one na old man oh,i reject.wat kind of deformity is ds.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by VickyRotex(f): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
DrAify:
You damn right.

What you actually listed were exogenous factors.
You are welcome

Oh I get now.

Exogenous(external) /Endogenous (internal)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by DrAify(f): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
Yeah
VickyRotex:

Oh I get now.

Exogenous(external) /Endogenous (internal)

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Eniqurl(f): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by LordPhilip(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Maybe its poor antenatal care or something. There's got to be some sort of explanantion for this
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by cocokiller1(f): 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
ahamonyeka:
The woman might have taken a drug to abort the baby cos I have seen a case where a little boy grows hairs at his back round like a a hair growing on his head the father was shaving it one day and I ask what's this?the man told me that the mother try to abort the boy.
Lol,I'm not sure dats d cause....d father sef,medical experts can explain such conditions better.
might b some form of mutation.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
Take that baby to TB Joshua now.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by BobUg28(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
#piques!

This's disgusting! What could be the cause of this ailment cos I haven't seen this type all my life?
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Hi55: 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
My heart breaks for this innocent child and the family especially the mother. What will that woman be passing through now?
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by berrylicious(f): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
I, pity you. ....don't be deceived God is not mocked
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by IDEE4GOD(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=mecuzee post=36646998]Dear Lord! I know this is not your will. I pray for a miracle IJN! Amen He's able to do all things. He has done it before, he's still doing it and will do a new thing. Let people knowe bible can never be wrong
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Emilokoiyawon: 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
That's not a NEW baby. That baby in the picture is at least 5 months old. What's the story here? Birth deformations are not unusual absolutely no need to go all spiritual and kooky fellow Nigerians.
Re: Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) by Realist2: 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pierocash:
I Smell Abortion pill
Yea, i suspect interruption at embryonic formation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please What Can I Do About These Black Spots On The Face? (Photo) / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice / 3 Body Parts You Always Forget To Wash (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.