Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? (2495 Views)

Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK / It Is Too Late For President Buhari To Disown The Campaign Promises- Budgit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by IGBOSON1: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Xetima:

You were making sense until you derailed and you derailed so badly beyond help. Jonathan did not destroy Nigeria, if anything he tried to unite her but your power-hungry Huasa-Fulani folks prefer divide and rule and to make Nigeria ungovernable. The result is what you get.

^^^Don't mind the guy! Any Niger Deltan or Igbo that believes this campaign of calumny the APC and co are churning out against GEJ to 'give a dog a name in order to hang it'......anyone that buys this is easily led and part of our problem!

It's because of these gullible arseholes among us that the 'owners of Nigeria' and their southern allies can easily find chinks in our armour and be able to perpetuate their hegemony over the rest of Nigeria! In stark contrast, look at how they rallied together in their region (including those in PDP, in GEJs gov't and even in INEC sef) to do the needful to snatch power away from that 'Ijaw usurper' and return it back to 'its rightful place'!

2 Likes

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Deltagiant: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
zendy:
Oliseh ( which is how Delta Igbos pronounce 'Olisah' meaning God)[b] introduced him self as "Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh" then immediately said " and if you are Igbo, I am not Igbo" after which he laughed.

Am I the only one who could see that the man was just joking and never denied being Igbo?

Another thing that amuses me is the way some Urohbos, Itshekiris, Isokos and even some Yorubas vehemently agree that Delta-Igbos are not Igbos but behind the back of the Delta-Igbo Man they will say "look at that Igbo man".

At the bolded, I had the same impression when i first saw the clip. But the issue of identity in the western Igbo is such an emotional one that Oliseh should have known it was no longer funny. He's got a new prominent job, and there will be many more opportunities to clarify his position on this matter. And he need to do it.
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by asha80(m): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Deltagiant:

At the bolded, I had the same impression when i first saw the clip. But the issue of identity in the western Igbo is such an emotional one that Oliseh should have known it was no longer funny. He's got a new prominent job, and there will be many more opportunities to clarify his position on this matter. And he need to do it.

the question is whether that event was organized for Igbo achievers or just Nigerian achievers because I dont see the reason why the issue of Igbo was even raised
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by after1: 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
AnambraDota:

You don't even understand what your saying, isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw or Itshekiri know Aniomas are Igbos, Yoruba and Hausas know they are Igbos.

They only chose what favours then when.

This is where Urhobo Progressive Union is accusing Aniomas of using the advantage of SE Igbos to hijack FG appointments in meant for Delta State.

Go through this link and see where the UPU was calling them Igbos.

www.advocateng.com/upu-berate-aniomas-on-2015-guber-quest-accuses-them-of-hijacking-all-fg-appointments-meant-for-delta-state/

During 2013 AfCon Yoruba media houses called Keshi's team "Biafra National Team" because it was Igbo dominated.
Hausa and Yorubas didn't call the team Ika or Anioma or Ndokwa dominated team but Biafra dominated team because of majority Igbo players.

Do you think that if they want to kill during riot in North that they will ask

Igbos go to left,

Aniomas go to right,

Ikas go to center,

Ndokwa sit on the floor

....after which they will slaughter Igbos and give the rest Kirishi and Suya garnished with Onion and Lettuce to eat while sipping fura d nunu grin grin grin

You better wake up oooooooooooooooooooooo

Ebuka, You have been cursed from womb. I know you will always find a way to smuggle Yoruba inside this thread. Enjoy your thread in peace and leave Yoruba out of your madness.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
pazienza:

Igbos are loyal to a fault. Once we are with you, or see you as one of our own, we would always stand by your side, in failure and in success. GEJ won in 2011, we were with him, and even now that he lost, we are still with him.

Such trait will serve us well in Biafra, but I see why such could be a big problem for us in an anomalous entity like Nigeria.

And since Igbos will never stop being Igbos, ie we can never master the treachery game other Nigerians play. Our best bet I have concluded is Biafra. If not we will keep going in circles.
Inasmuch as the Biafra idea is alluring, I am still among the few Igbos yet to loose hope in Nigeria. I speak only for myself. But I agree with you on the idea of us not mastering the politics of treachery. I don't even believe that going through such road will yield us much benefit on the long run. Let us stick to who we are. And let the treacherous folks continue with what they do best. For surely they will be a time when the arms of nemesis will come knocking at their door. NdiIgbo shall rise again. That which was rejected will one day lead this country to greatness. This I strongly believe.

1 Like

Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by forgiveness: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
A nation is a nation if it sees itself to be a nation.

If IKA sees itself to be a nation so be it.

If Ikwere sees itself to be nation so be it.

If Itshekiri sees itself to be a nation so be it.

If Benin sees itself to be a nation so be it.

If Ijebu sees itself to be a nation so be it.

are all Aniomas a tribe? because the last time i check i saw Igala, Yoruba, Ika e.t.c

Note: Abraham was the father of Isreal but they split into two kingdoms, Isreal and Judah. ' to your tents o Isreal" remember?
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2015
Guess who is in the news for the wrong reasons. 'Sunday Oliseh'.
Re: Had Ojukwu Disown The Ikas? by patrick89(m): 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
I have a very big issue to settle with abagworo! You need to learn something very important in interracial relationship, inter-ethnic relationship and other types of human related relationships. Stop accusing igbo people, it doesn't make you smarter or wiser!!
Since I was born, this kind of trait is majorly seen amongst igbo people why?
Stop talking down on your people in the name of saying the truth! Where's your allegiance?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki: US Congress Speaker Has Resigned Because His Party Want Him To Resign / Here Are The Consequences Of Corruption In Nigeria / Peterside And Amaechi Will Still End Up At The Tribunals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.