Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK (6816 Views)

Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era / Buhari, APC Lied In Disowning Campaign Document, “my Covenant With Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 02, 2015
There is currently an ongoing desperate attempt by the Buharist to dissociate themselves from all of their campaign promises, upon which Buhari and APC was elected. A video is currently in circulation where Buhari was said to have addressed the issue of first 100 days in power. Buhari made the following statement in the video:

“Yes, I respect that question because quietly I was thinking about these high expectations. Those who are following the trail of our campaigns can see how people are turning out, some becoming emotional and crying. I am really getting scared that if I get there they will expect miracles within the next week or months. That would be very dicey handling that one. I think we have to have a deliberate campaign to temper high expectations with some reasonableness on the part of those who are expecting miracles to happen.....Just to go first to the first 100 days, some of it is fraudulent and I don’t want to participate in any fraud in any form. Nigerians know that we are in trouble as a people and as a country. When we get there we will quickly get correct intelligence of what is on the ground and inform Nigerians and just learn what I have just read. We will make sure that the appropriation and application of public resources will not be allowed. You would be surprised by how much savings we will realize. That saving will be ploughed back into development and this is what I can promise. But I would remove that ‘100 days’.”
https://www.nairaland.com/2568898/buhari-addressed-issue-first-100

It is important to note that we're talking about 2 campaign documents here, one titled “My Covenant With Nigerians” and another titled ‘One Hundred Things Buhari Will Do in 100 Days’. While the video showed that Buhari may have talked about the 100 days document, no mention was made of the “My Covenant With Nigerians” document in the entire video.

According to Premium Times investigation, the "My Covenant With Nigerians” document was produced by the APC leadership and authorized by Buhari himself
https://www.nairaland.com/2568497/buhari-apc-lied-disowning-campaign

Rather than dissipate energy and time on denying all of it's campaign promises, Buhari and APC should get down to work and deliver on its campaign promises. We know APC is a party of lying liars, but we will not allow them get away with this particular lie.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 02, 2015
dude, get some english lessons.

The so called "My convenant bla bla bla" was not a poduct of Buhari or the APC.

Besides, any document may be fabricated by any dick and harry.

I thought you had a counter video where Buhari listed his goals for the first 100days.

Now let me point another video to you, the last campaign video from buhari....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX62Trg96MA

That should again, wipe away your wailing tears

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by MizMyColi(f): 6:51am On Sep 02, 2015
cheesy

Thank you sincere9gerian for this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Mynd44: 7:07am On Sep 02, 2015
This issue of 100 days just silly. I must say that Garba Shehu messed up big time. A simple "We realize that we can not completely meet everyone's expectation but we are taking stock of the gains we have made and we will consolidate on them as the days go on"

This will have prevented the current wánk fest we are having with both sides of the divide screaming and making noise up and down.

On the flip side though, the wánk fest is enabling people know those who are willing to actually put the blame where it should go instead of blind followership.
Also shows us that the opposition is just petty as usual

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Mynd44: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2015
soe:

I thought you had a counter video where Buhari listed his goals for the first 100days.

Here we go again. Look, denying the document should not be the primary thing the presidency and APC should do.

A simple list of what they have done in the past days should suffice. Heck passingshot(?) did that and he is not on government payroll(I cant say that with authority).

The denial caused too much noise and is distracting.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy

grin
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by bloodkiIler: 7:12am On Sep 02, 2015
soe:

Dude go and rob bank with your Hopless bastard father so that you can buy common sense

son of a rabid dog

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy

Thanks dear! We should not allow the party of lying liars get away with their lies

Cc: Ishilove, lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by egift(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2015
soe:

Great video. Nigerians got it right and are on the path to greatness. No PDP and their corrupt #WailingLooters want to lie their way to Hell in hope of stealing their way back to power.

Nigerians are smarter than the dubious agenda of the failed PDP antics. We are stronger. President Buhari has all our support. The detractors are just few and noisy.

It is Sai Buhari all the way. PDP lies did not work in the Campaigns, it will still not work now.

Sai Buhari. God Bless Nigeria!!!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2015
You've not said anything, just rigmaroling in your own ignorance. Buhari never gave any specifics on 100 days, but said he would improve on the lives of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by ddippset(m): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2015
bloodkiIler:

Dude go and rob bank with your Hopless bastard father so that you can buy common sense

son of a rabid dog
instead of posting your own video to counter him, you're cursing! You smoke dry shit?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by MizMyColi(f): 7:35am On Sep 02, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

grin

Hahahahaha

Isaac o o
Why do I have a feeling you'll soon be hooked to politics like I amembarassed

If you're familiar with a Behaviour Modification term called modelling, You'd get what I'm on abouttongue

Megawax8 you're next in linewink
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by bloodkiIler: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2015
ddippset:
instead of posting your own video to counter him, you're cursing! You smoke dry shit?

Thunder gbagbuo nna i
Kitikpa gbagbuo nne i
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by major466(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2015
A party that came to power through lies and propaganda will continue to use lies to remain in power.
Let them keep on lying to Nigerians. One day, a dog will worth more attention to this APC led government.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by teemanbastos(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2015
May baba fire on joor.... May these wailers dey cry foul....
What shall it profit us if he works for 100days and goes to sleep for the rest of his term?
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

It is important to note that we're talking about 2 campaign documents here, one titled “My Covenant With Nigerians” and another titled ‘One Hundred Things Buhari Will Do in 100 Days’. While the video showed that Buhari may have talked about the 100 days document, no mention was made of the “My Covenant With Nigerians” document in the entire video.

Oga it's 100 days into Buhari's government, that's why this issue came up.
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hahahahaha

Isaac o o
Why do I have a feeling you'll soon be hooked to politics like I amembarassed

If you're familiar with a Behaviour Modification term called modelling, You'd get what I'm on abouttongue

Megawax8 you're next in linewink

You are already hooked....I'm still hovering tongue
Until then...I might as well playfully cheesy and prayerfully grin pull u out embarassed

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by PassingShot(m): 8:35am On Sep 02, 2015
Mynd44:

Here we go again. Look, denying the document should not be the primary thing the presidency and APC should do.

A simple list of what they have done in the past days should suffice. Heck passingshot(?) did that and he is not on government payroll(I cant say that with authority).

The denial caused too much noise and is distracting.
You're hereby granted permission to say it with authority. You can count on my words.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by PassingShot(m): 8:42am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy

Does this thread clarify anything?

1. Buhari was clearly unambiguous when he said he would "remove 100 days".

2. APC goofed by trying to deny the 100 days document and that of "my covenant with Nigeria"

However, this thread is not telling us any new things.

Good morning.
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by MizMyColi(f): 8:46am On Sep 02, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

You are already hooked....I'm still hovering tongue
Until then...I might as well playfully cheesy and prayerfully grin pull u out embarassed

Hahahahaha

Pulling me out is not an option swerrieesmiley
Maybe you should talk of helping me balance both passions....like you've been doing.
My inner circle consists of politicians.
GEJITES, BUHARISTS, PDPIANS, and APCIANS.
Plus, I'm a natural when it comes to administration and people orientedness.....it was only a matter of time before I towed this path.
Hehehehecheesy
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

Oga it's 100 days into Buhari's government, that's why this issue came up.
You created a thread with that 100 days document, so do you accept that you've been scammed personally?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by MizMyColi(f): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2015
PassingShot:

You're hereby granted permission to say it with authority. You can count on my words.

Hehehehe
Even though I know that to be true, let me just pretend like I don't.grin

Ehennn, PShot, I heard the directorate has increased it from 40K to 50K.
Waow!
I'm happy for you Bro.
Dash me some nagringringrin

*runs out of thread with my Bathroom slippers on my head*
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by PassingShot(m): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hehehehe
Even though I know that to be true, let me just pretend like I don't.grin

Ehennn, PShot, I heard the directorate has increased it from 40K to 50K.
Waow!
I'm happy for you Bro.
Dash me some nagringringrin

*runs out of thread with my Bathroom slippers on my head*
You goofed again. It's now 80k and not 50. PM your account details.
I am a cheerful giver seeking God's mercies. cool
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by dekdek: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2015
[b]It was very foolish of APC to have disown a document that was brandished from them/supporters/or whatever during the elections. I understand that this may not have been Buhari's opinion but these documents weren't rejected during the elections, why now? What would it have taken them to apologise to Nigerians for the delay in implementation and attributing to the mis-governance and thievery of past government headed by jonah-daft. All sane minds knows that jonah-daft destroyed this country and it will take far more time than earlier envisaged to stabilize things which is the obvious truth. Again, APC as a party goof on this.
However, am pleased with the Generals performance so far.
Also, I need to point out here that the op and his co fools weren't interested in what the General was saying during the elections, they were busy either looking for his certificates or watching propaganda video prepared by AIT. These fools are now in the forefront of looking for Buhari's past speeches. grin[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by PassingShot(m): 8:56am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hahahahaha

Pulling me out is not an option swerrieesmiley
Maybe you should talk of helping me balance both passions....like you've been doing.
My inner circle consists of politicians.
GEJITES, BUHARISTS, PDPIANS, and APCIANS.
Plus, I'm a natural when it comes to administration and people orientedness.....it was only a matter of time before I towed this path.
Hehehehecheesy

Already an addict. Just like many of us. Make Buhari do come give us job oooo. The 80k allawee no reach again o. cool
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by MizMyColi(f): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Does this thread clarify anything?

1. Buhari was clearly unambiguous when he said he would "remove 100 days".

2. APC goofed by trying to deny the 100 days document and that of "my covenant with Nigeria"

However, this thread is not telling us any new things.

Good morning.

undecidedundecided
Good Morning PShot.

Sincere9gerian made a salient point which I expect every one to note.

There is the document of 100 things I will do in 100 days.
And there is the document of "My Covenant with Nigerians"

The latter is the one which is causing so much rancour and actually poking serious holes into the Buhari Persona.

No one should create a document as one supposedly written by me, and I allow it fester for over 6 months without taking decisive steps to counter such.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by BlackPeni5: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2015
soe:

Why didn't Buhari or APC disown the document during the campaign...Why didn't they pull down the billboards promising a meal a day.

APC and Buhari sanctioned the lies to Nigerians and must bear the consequences.
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 02, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

You created a thread with that 100 days document, so do you accept that you've been scammed personally?
The document didn't come from the presidential campaign team as earlier thought, I got the mail the same way every media house did.
I accept full responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by MizMyColi(f): 9:04am On Sep 02, 2015
PassingShot:

You goofed again. It's now 80k and not 50. PM your account details.
I am a cheerful giver seeking God's mercies. cool

Okay.
That's good to know.
We want progress.
I will send you the account if you promise to give me 70% of the total proceeds.

If I hear say you call me opolo eyesundecided
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by PassingShot(m): 9:04am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

undecidedundecided
Good Morning PShot.

Sincere9gerian made a salient point which I expect every one to note.

There is the document of 100 things I will do in 100 days.
And there is the document of "My Covenant with Nigerians"

The latter is the one which is causing so much rancour and actually poking serious holes into the Buhari Persona.

No one should create a document as one supposedly written by me, and I allow it fester for over 6 months without taking decisive steps to counter such.

He wouldn't have been able to deny it in the middle of that heated campaign. Politics in Nigeria is like war. And we all know that all is fair in love and war. APC (even PDP) did all they thought they needed to do to win the election including the good, the bad and the ugly.

Having won the election with such strategies, outright denial of any of those documents is a no-no. They could have simply said: "given the situation we met on ground which is completely against our expectations, we will not be able to deliver on all our promises but we shall work to improve Nigeria. Please bear with us".

Disappointed they failed in this very simple challenge.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by PassingShot(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Okay.
That's good to know.
We want progress.
I will send you the account if you promise to give me 70% of the total proceeds.

If I hear say you call me opolo eyesundecided
No be only Opolo eye. Na Ojuyobo. Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop bah?
grin
Re: Buhari Did Not Disown The Campaign Document, “My Covenant With Nigerians", In UK by dekdek: 9:08am On Sep 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

The document didn't come from the presidential campaign team as earlier thought, I got the mail the same way every media house did.
I accept full responsibility.

Understandable. The only blunder I see here is their refusal to deny all these documents then but now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story / President Buhari Arrives Bauchi For APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off / My Experience With Blord's Famous App (worst Mistake) Screenshots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.