Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari (52786 Views)

My Husband Became President Because He Never Gave Up – Aisha Buhari / Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" / Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by smsshola(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
A 22 year-old-girl Lola Oguntade has narrated an amazing story of how she quit her job in a bank and became a ‘chronic’ campaigner for Muhammadu Buhari.

In her interview granted to SaharaTV, Lola said she gave up everything to campaign for “Change” during Nigeria’s 2015 presidential election.

The “Buhari girl” quit her job in a Nigerian bank in order to focus on supporting the APC’s presidential candidate in the March 28 election.

Oguntade was not joining or being funded by any political party or Buhari’s campaign.

Lola said: “The majority of people are not on social media, so I decided to talk to them on markets, they also have their PVCs so they should know about General Muhammadu Buhari.

“I met somebody from the Facebook campaigning team and they invited me to their meeting. When I came they were just looking at me and I understand that I was the youngest one there.

“And they began to nominate official people for campaigning and I raised my hand and said: I want to be an assistance coordinator of this group.

“Everybody looked at me: Who are you? You have just come and want to be coordinator of this group.”

“When I was giving my speech I said that as a matter of fact I am not experienced. I have passion for Nigeria, I have passion for General Muhammadu Buhari, I am eager to sacrifice to work for this organization.”

Then the young girl talked about the desperation that came after shift of polls from February 14 to March 28, 2015.

“After they postponed the campaign, after they postponed the election then there was show because the people were upset and we can’t give up,” Lola said.

“We didn’t have money, and only the encouragement from Facebook kept me going. So when people said we don’t have money I said don’t worry the God will provide.”

Lola further stated that when she needed money to organise rallies, she wrote on social media and Nigerians donated the money.

“They were really supportive and encouraging. I was not funded by the APC, it was all done by Nigerians. I gave money for campaign, Nigerians gave.

“Then they sent me invitation for the inauguration but I really didn’t have money to fly to Abuja, I chatted with my friends and they said Lola you must go.

As for her current affairs the Buhari supporter said: “I keep advocating for good governance. We have to ensure that Buhari will deliver all his promises.”

It should be recalled that the former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari, who turned a democrat, has become the first opposition aspirant to win a presidential poll in Nigeria.

Final results showed that Buhari beat Goodluck Jonathan by more than 2.5 million votes.

Jonathan called his rival to concede defeat and congratulate him. Buhari’s supporters took to the streets to celebrate on March 31.

President Buhari has already more than two months in the office, and he is trying to do his best serving Nigerians. However the delay in appointment of ministers, new Boko Haram attacks and drop of the national currency, naira, mar the performance of the new administration.

https://www.naij.com/510062-gave-read-confessions-buhari-girl.html

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by debedebe(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lola I love your courage... PMB will deliver by the grace of God, all we need is prayer and support
Let say good things about Nigeria our country.

Nigeria will be great!

Dancing for Christ smiley wink wink

195 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by jamex93(m): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
she did it for a better Nigeria

tanx

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by domopps(m): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
Aiiirt!

Sai Baba

Sai Buhari

Cheeeeers

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by ladyF(f): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lol

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by iyobosadavid: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
And the chang is here already, baby gurl did you know you just layed a solid foundation for you children and you children children to come by campaigning and voting for change

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
nice

3 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by xrayz(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Adesina,take note minister for genda affairs.

1 Like

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mumu gal. She take style dey find job; am not surprised say na yoruba babe,,, they always have this 'licking-a$$' attitude kiss

194 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by cnwokike(m): 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
Sai Baba

5 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
For the love of country, for a better future. Your children and grandchildren will benefit from your patriotic effort. God bless you

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by smsshola(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
himkers:
Mumu gal. She take style dey find job; am not surprised say no yoruba babe,,, they always have this 'licking-a$$' attitude kiss

shoro niyen....

157 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by marshalcarter: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
I smell lies

No banker would leave his/her job to cum nd campaign for sum1 dat doesn't knw you undecided except dem dey folo you from villa grin

But if dis is true....nne.....you deserve the 2015 best afriFOOL award grin

262 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Imortal001: 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Determination wins the race.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
Imortal001:
Determination wins the race.

Which determination??

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by mdbissalla(m): 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
abeg which pot cook this story? e never done well...

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by realtestament(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
cry cry cry

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Imortal001: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
himkers:

Which determination??
The kind of amaechi determination.
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by mytime24(f): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
Linus

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
She loves her country.

4 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by denedene(m): 12:29am On Aug 08, 2015
don't give your all for a politician especially Nigerian politician undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by dhantey324(m): 1:33am On Aug 08, 2015
She try sha...so is she employed now?

4 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by lonelydora: 3:32am On Aug 08, 2015
PMB will not fail you Lola

9 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by ENGRJCJ(m): 4:26am On Aug 08, 2015
marshalcarter:
I smell lies

No banker would leave his/her job to cum nd campaign for sum1 dat doesn't knw you undecided except dem dey folo you from villa grin

She might be a marketer and u knw if you don't meet the target, na problem so she quit for a better job

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Pangea: 4:32am On Aug 08, 2015
God bless you Lola,
It's people like you that will take over from those turncoats like husband and wife Odumakin!
They have eaten the DODO!
They can no longer say ODODO!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by hassan85(m): 4:51am On Aug 08, 2015
marshalcarter:
I smell lies

go do ur research b4 u come talk rubish here. Ur unemployment is gettin into ur head. U think peopl just went to vote thats al? Alot of sacrific was made to remove that clueless man.

those of u mentioning me should better stop it. yes i believ her

i sat and watch a lady speak on channels how her worker took 3months break to work or just to campagn for Ambode She too went back home to Anambra or Abia cant remember to campagn for her APGA candidate. so wats lie in ds?

you all are asking if this change will benefit you but you dont want to sacrific.

keep ur unemployed offic on NL and keep disbelieving

smh

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Rilikoko(m): 5:27am On Aug 08, 2015
I can confirm seeing this same girl a number of times on television news,always on a rally with a megaphone campaigning vigorously during the last general elections.Some of her videos are on youtube and facebook sef.....you can always feel the passion in her then,kudos girl

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by uniklinkum(m): 5:41am On Aug 08, 2015
himkers:
Mumu gal. She take style dey find job; am not surprised say no yoruba babe,,, they always have this 'licking-a$$' attitude kiss

Definitely the stupidity is hereditary in your genome.

22 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by marshalcarter: 6:21am On Aug 08, 2015
ENGRJCJ:

She might be a marketer and u knw if you don't meet the target, na problem so she quit for a better job
So now.....whr is the better job

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by marshalcarter: 6:24am On Aug 08, 2015
hassan85:
go do ur research b4 u come talk rubish here. Ur unemployment is gettin into ur head. U think peopl just went to vote thats al? Alot of sacrific was made to remove that clueless man.
So how's dat ma business

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial / Buhari In Love With Fashola / Armed Thugs In ‘Government Vehicles’ Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Abuja - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.