Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

New York Vs London - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New York Vs London (91963 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! / New York Vs London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Vs London by sherloklewis: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2010
London is rapidly emerging as a center of financial innovation. London-based hedge funds are snapping up property in Mayfair, and London has also outgrown New York to become the world’s center of over-the-counter derivatives. I prefer London (even though I've been for all of 4 days, as opposed to several trips to NYC).
It's nearly as multi-cultural, has incredible low-rise density, and I guess the x-factor is that it just smacks of charm for me. The tubes can be disgusting and I experienced a few stoppages, but there was a certain charm to them missing from NYC's rusted tin cans blasting through the underground. It sure made quick work of my wallet though! Greatly expensive.
Re: New York Vs London by shotster50(m): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Afam,

Sorry but when you talk, other people get hoarse just listening. How can you judge a place from a mere book You have not being to either places so you really cant have an opinion. Next you will be arguing if the New York Subway is better than the London Underground. Pathetic.
Re: New York Vs London by cheaphost: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
New York is wayyy better than London.
Re: New York Vs London by chi21: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2010
i like both new york and london
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2010
london hands down!!!!! born and bred!!!!!!!!!!!! been new york it was okay!!!!!!!
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2010
london is home to some of the best football teams in the world too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New York Vs London by bubugul(f): 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2010
Enugu state rules.
my Greatground mom has an "abacha" farm
that can feed any visitor, any part of the world for months
Re: New York Vs London by rite2salas(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2010
New York Rules on a platter of Gold!
Re: New York Vs London by cuddlycub: 3:45am On Nov 10, 2010
Its pretty obvious that most people making comments on this topic have neva been to either city. NY is the freaking capital of the world. Go get urselves a visa and tell me about it when u actually stand in the middle of Times Sqaure!

1 Like

Re: New York Vs London by oyewolejos(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2010
cuddlycub:

Its pretty obvious that most people making comments on this topic have neva been to either city. NY is the freaking capital of the world. Go get urselves a visa and tell me about it when u actually stand in the middle of Times Sqaure!

Hope there won't be a bomb planted there ?

1 Like

Re: New York Vs London by kadman(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2010
oyewolejos:

Hope there won't be a bomb planted there ?
grin
Re: New York Vs London by Mylesudeh: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
Traveling to Lagos-Nigeria and its surrounding areas?? Let us provide you with a chauffeur driven car rental services. Our prices are remarkably low and our services are like never before seen in Nigeria!! www.unityglobalventures.com or call 202-459-2103
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
This thread don show face again.
Re: New York Vs London by Jerseyking: 10:29am On Feb 10, 2011
New York,New York cool
Re: New York Vs London by doncorti: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2011
london may not have the same spirit as new york has, but definitely is better cheesy

london flughafen
Re: New York Vs London by AS7(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2011
London.

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2012
Bump
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 28, 2012
Never been to the UK
but oh man!! New York is my old stomping grounds!
Nothing like it!! kiss

It's one of the most culturally diverse places on the planet.
It's hip, it's urban, it's classy.
It's beauty and trashy. Nothing like NY (New England area).

This is the only year (2012) I haven't been back. sad
But I plan to go back and visit soon.
Last time I was there I made sure to go to Golden Krust to get some
peppered shrimp and beef patties and to get one of those Puerto Rican
iceys. I remember the chill out spot used to be @ Canarsie Pier. #memories

BK/BX all day! kiss
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 28, 2012
Jerseyking:
New York,New York cool

And Jersey!!
for sure. kiss
Re: New York Vs London by Ugosample(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
This thread is hilarious

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos) / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.