Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

New York Vs London - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New York Vs London (91959 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! / New York Vs London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Vs London by shotster50(m): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2010
Afam seems to jump back on this thread everytime an anti New york post surfaces.
Re: New York Vs London by Fidelo(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2010
I cant believe london is being to compard to NYC,

Anyway i'm sooo anti-UK, little houses, little, annoying right-hand drive cars, annoying accent, soooo conservative lifestyle and all.

London, used to be cool, no more. In fact, i'll pick my Toronto over London.

If u disagree. . . . bring it on. grin
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2010
Fidelo:

I cant believe london is being to compard to NYC,

Any city can be compared to another - all cities have their fans.

Fidelo:

little houses,

Houses come in all shapes and sizes, both in London and New York. A lot of Nigerians would rather invest in a 8-bedroom house with a swimming pool, despite being a wife, husband and a 2-child family, with no plans for more kids. As for the pool, some can't even swim! The larger house is often a status symbol, and nothing more. wink

Fidelo:

little, annoying right-hand drive cars, annoying accent, soooo conservative lifestyle and all.

A lot of current cars in the United States are Euro models. The old, massive Bel Airs, Buick Regals, Mercury Mornachs etc are no longer in vogue. The current models reflect their Euro counterparts, unless you're telling me a US Mercedes E320 is larger than a Euro one? How do you define being "conservative"? And accents, Americans actually love the British accent. Hardly a basis for an argument!
Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2010
Siena:

Houses come in all shapes and sizes, both in London and New York. A lot of Nigerians would rather invest in a 8-bedroom house with a swimming pool, despite being a wife, husband and a 2-child family, with no plans for more kids. As for the pool, some can't even swim! The larger house is often a status symbol, and nothing more. wink

A lot of current cars in the United States are Euro models. The old, massive Bel Airs, Buick Regals, Mercury Mornachs etc are no longer in vogue. The current models reflect their Euro counterparts, unless you're telling me a US Mercedes E320 is larger than a Euro one? How do you define being "conservative"? And accents, Americans actually love the British accent. Hardly a basis for an argument!

I know you're spoken for but I adore you at times Siena. My regards to the Mrs. cheesy
Re: New York Vs London by AjanleKoko: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2010
@OP,
If you haven't been to either, I struggle to understand why you would want to compare.

I think London overall is a better place. Less congested, nice mix of the old and the new, transportation is as close to excellent as you'd get.
NYC is just like Lagos. A developed Lagos, in fact. The place looks bursting at the seams.
Re: New York Vs London by Fidelo(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
Siena:

Sienna dear, dont get too emotional, its not a presidential debate.

Of course I assume u've been to both cities. I see UK on ur location so i can feel the bias creeeping in - afterall u're a fan like u said. i dont live in either city but being to both (severally). Maybe u're using a different yardsticks to compare but if its abt being modern then London is way behind.

And please if you can afford the 8-bedroom mansion, please buy it, it dosent bite. And wat do you mean by a lot of nigerians, wat percentage of Nigerians own those big mansions u're even talking about in those 2 citites. So ur British people dont buy mansions.

Hisssssss, I'm out jare.
Re: New York Vs London by kadman(m): 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2010
The fans of New York could not even argue logically, having to result to insults and childish sentiments. AngieFan held up every argument. DeReoladed and Co just kept on refuting and refuting but made no point. Chei it's good to be intelligent small o.

And people who supported London,aren't any of you in a business schools or business men / women. New York fans said NY is the finance capital of the world.  .  . But they were WRONG !
London is actually the financial capital of the world and has been for a long time

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/26/business/worldbusiness/26iht-london.3300721.html

http://nymag.com/guides/london/29440/

As for the OP Afam who hasn't been to either cities, he should just shut up.

I actually prefer NYC by far,and it's my dream city. But I respect people who can argue reasonably and sway me i.e AngieFan and Beaumont.  smiley

1 Like

Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2010
AngieFan:

I know you're spoken for but I adore you at times Siena. My regards to the Mrs. cheesy

H'ya, Angie, how're you doing?

Will pass on your regards to Mrs Siena. smiley
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
Fidelo:

Sienna dear, dont get too emotional, its not a presidential debate.

Of course I assume u've been to both cities. I see UK on your location so i can feel the bias creeeping in - afterall u're a fan like u said. i dont live in either city but being to both (severally). Maybe u're using a different yardsticks to compare but if its abt being modern then London is way behind.

And please if you can afford the 8-bedroom mansion, please buy it, it dosent bite. And wat do you mean by a lot of nigerians, wat percentage of Nigerians own those big mansions u're even talking about in those 2 citites. So your British people dont buy mansions.

Hisssssss, I'm out jare.

Lol, I'm hardly being emotional, just factual, as I see it. You're the one actually spitting teeth and blood, try to relax, least you burst a blood vessel, the red light's showing on your pressure gauge. wink

Nothing wrong with your choice, NYC. It's just the reasons you've posted don't make any sense - small cars? Buy a larger one! Small houses? Buy a palace! And as for modern, I never mentioned that, so where did you get that from? cheesy
Re: New York Vs London by Fidelo(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2010
Siena:

Lol, I'm hardly being emotional, just factual, as I see it. You're the one actually spitting teeth and blood, try to relax, least you burst a blood vessel, the red light's showing on your pressure gauge. wink

Nothing wrong with your choice, NYC. It's just the reasons you've posted don't make any sense - small cars? Buy a larger one! Small houses? Buy a palace! And as for modern, I never mentioned that, so where did you get that from? cheesy

I was just bored, saw this thread and just hopped in to pass some time and Siena ended up making my time here worthwhile. Thanks for the argument but its time to get busy again.

@ Siena, just try to visit the US this summer, I'm sure you will fall in love - Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Hawaii, Palm Beach, various spots in California and the hated New York - SHEER VARIETY. Compared to Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Glasgow - all boring, I would rather go to Paris.

Ok, keep the debate going on. Time to hop out.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2010
Fidelo:

I was just bored, saw this thread and just hopped in to pass some time and Siena ended up making my time here worthwhile. Thanks for the argument but its time to get busy again.

@ Siena, just try to visit the US this summer, I'm sure you will fall in love - Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Hawaii, Palm Beach, various spots in California and the hated New York - SHEER VARIETY. Compared to Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Glasgow - all boring, I would rather go to Paris.

Ok, keep the debate going on. Time to hop out.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fidelo, I've been to the US a number of times, both my elder brothers live there, I have no restrictions as far as living there's concerned. wink

You're referring to life in the fast lane. And just noticed - this thread's about London Vs New York, both large cities. How has it become a thread of Britain Vs America? It appears you're confused! cheesy

And I fail to see why if one prefers one city over another, the least preferred one is "hated."
Re: New York Vs London by kayode256(m): 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
i live in east london and and i spent 7daays in new york BBCOS I HAVE MONEY BECAUSE I LIVE IN D top financial city of dd world, bothcities are similar. london has lots of nigerians but that doesnt mean that it is worse, even if it is easier to get into london than new york dat means little. dis adam and dis reloaded guy have not left nigeria. dey dnt no what they are talking about. if i get u viSA to come here you wouldnt be talkin that rubbish bcause you will make plenty money because we are d top financial city of the world. adam if you never go school u can even do yahoozee here im tellin you.
go and feed your goat jare NOOOONSENSEEE!
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2010
kayode256:

i live in east london and and i spent 7daays in new york BBCOS I HAVE MONEY BECAUSE I LIVE IN D top financial city of dd world,  bothcities are similar. london has lots of nigerians but that doesnt mean that it is worse, even if it is easier to get into london than new york dat means little. dis adam and dis reloaded guy have not left nigeria. dey dnt no what they are talking about. if i get u viSA to come here you wouldnt be talkin that rubbish bcause you will make plenty money because we are d top financial  city of the world. adam if you never go school u can even do yahoozee here im tellin you.
go and feed your goat jare NOOOONSENSEEE!

I fail to see the relevance of your post, or your insults. As for Adam and De-Reloaded not having left Nigeria, what makes you so sure? And you've left Nigeria, but your mentality hasn't changed? Still raw, and looking to make a fast buck, regardless of how!
Re: New York Vs London by kayode256(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2010
I fail to see the relevance of your post, or your insults. As for Adam and De-Reloaded not having left Nigeria, what makes you so sure? And you've left Nigeria, but your mentality hasn't changed? Still raw, and looking to make a fast buck, regardless of how!

who said i went to london to change mentality, i went to eNjoy d money and im enjoyin SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLLLLELUJAH!!! LOOOOL grin grin grin BACK TO D POINT YOU WANT MONEY COME TO LONDON FINANCIAL GIANTS OF WORLD.
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2010
kayode256:

who said i went to london to change mentality, i went to eNjoy d money and im enjoyin SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLLLLELUJAH!!! LOOOOL grin grin grin BACK TO D POINT YOU WANT MONEY COME TO LONDON FINANCIAL GIANTS OF WORLD.

As I previously asked, what's the relevance of your post here?
Re: New York Vs London by Fidelo(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
Siena:

Fidelo, I've been to the US a number of times, both my elder brothers live there, I have no restrictions as far as living there's concerned. wink

You're referring to life in the fast lane. And just noticed - this thread's about London Vs New York, both large cities. How has it become a thread of Britain Vs America? It appears you're confused! cheesy

And I fail to see why if one prefers one city over another, the least preferred one is "hated."

Dats true, I'm CONFUSED.

Wont say more. Back to life on the fast lane.
Re: New York Vs London by Shari8581(f): 6:44am On Apr 16, 2010
Empire State of Mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New York Vs London by whiteroses(f): 2:51am On Jun 06, 2010
london is an old place they like castle and being traditional, most places in UK looks rundown and dull from outside and inside is just clean and they love antique, newyork is opposite
NEWYORK concrete jugle where dreams are made of lets hear if for NY
Re: New York Vs London by member65: 3:27am On Jun 06, 2010
London and NYC keh? If you want to be objective you know say London na glorified Lagos man. They're not just on the same level. Even the entire UK as a whole. UK's time has passed. They're living on past glory.
Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2010
LONDON ALL THE WAY!!!
Pictures courtesy of Skyscrapper.com

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2010

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2010

A regular residential London street

London newest Shopping centre - Westfield, Shepherds Bush.

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2010

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2010

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2010

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2010

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2010

Re: New York Vs London by SEFAGO(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
London and New York are both shit places- I would know. I have just been in both of them for the past month, and they are both fresh in my mind. There are better places than both of them, and way cleaner places uuuuugggh
Re: New York Vs London by SeanT21(f): 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2010
new york

The Big apple
!!
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2010
kadman:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/26/business/worldbusiness/26iht-london.3300721.html

http://nymag.com/guides/london/29440/

As for the OP Afam who hasn't been to either cities, he should just shut up.

It's you who should shut up. So wat if i havn't been to either cities. That's why there are books. How come you believe what's in your the holy book(Bible or Quaran). Were you there when it all happened? Another idiot.
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

It's you who should shut up. So wat if i havn't been to either cities. That's why there are books. How come you believe what's in your the holy book(Bible or Quaran). Were you there when it all happened? Another idiot.
You're supposed to experience certain things before comparing, books can only tell you so much  undecided
Re: New York Vs London by david23: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2010
cheesy    there is nothing to compare, london is a shit and the rest of the uk too.(and the british accent LOOOOOL), New york is the best City in the world, USA number one!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.