Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

New York Vs London - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New York Vs London (91973 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! / New York Vs London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Vs London by Beaumont: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2009
London has been the worlds greatest city for more than 300 years. New York only gained brief superiority after London was nearly completely destroyed by two world wars. shocked

There have been many pretenders to London's throne but it is stronger now than at any time in the last 100 years. cool
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2009
I really dont know why u guys are making this "AFAM guy" thread look important,this guy hasnt been to either cities and he sits behind his PC and spew shit about London and newyork,he goes online and download pictures of newyork, nonsence angry angry angry angry

again @ AFAM have you ever been to NEW YORK?
Re: New York Vs London by SeanT21(f): 2:36am On Mar 30, 2009
femilangy:

I really dont know why u guys are making this "AFAM guy" thread look important,this guy hasnt been to either cities and he sits behind his PC and spew shit about London and newyork,he goes online and download pictures of newyork, nonsence angry angry angry angry

again @ AFAM have you ever been to NEW YORK?

So what??

I have not been to either cities but from reading about it I can conclude.
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 30, 2009
SeanT21:

So what??

I have not been to either cities but from reading about it I can conclude.

U have not been to either cities and u come here making authoritative and concluding statements about both cities, *hisses* , *leaves thread* angry angry angry angry
Re: New York Vs London by D1O(m): 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2009
Lagos.

Re: New York Vs London by AngieFan(f): 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ D10

"Snicker* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2009
New york, somply the best.
Re: New York Vs London by C2H5OH(f): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2009
Dude, are you serious? Booming economies in both cities? Have younot heard of the recession that has struck wall street so badly that the govt had to bail them out? And trendy restaurants moving into old industrial neighborhoods? I think the hospitality industry is in for a free fall.
lol
Re: New York Vs London by Claus(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
I hope everyone debating for either city has actually spent some time in each city.
Re: New York Vs London by Claus(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
Also, for the person that said New York has more billionaires than London, Moscow has more billionaires than either of them. Whether you want to rate Moscow over either city is another question.
Re: New York Vs London by mrsb(f): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
NYC is cheaper for shopping and hotels/eating out etc but you just cannot compare it to London.
London is so much more historic, cultural and more cosmopolitan. A LOT more class than NYC.
NYC is a pretender.
Re: New York Vs London by Sauron1: 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
mrsb:

NYC is cheaper for shopping and hotels/eating out etc but you just cannot compare it to London.
London is so much more historic, cultural and more cosmopolitan. A LOT more class than NYC.
NYC is a pretender.

NYC is rubbish. . . . . .Shouldn't even be compared to London in any department.
Re: New York Vs London by blackspade(m): 4:51am On Sep 05, 2009
London is an old tired city. . . . .New York has history and it has a lot of modernity.

London is like some 70 year old former ashewo who's trying to get back into the trade. No competition!

cool
Re: New York Vs London by johnkent(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2009
I havent been to NY thou but been to london a few times and i really wasnt impressed with anything. Everything seemed too old for my liking and besides that, everything was just too small. Very expensive city compared to most US cities. I will comment on NY when i visit next yr.
Re: New York Vs London by JJM(f): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2009
Live in London for the past 17 years and been to New York a couple of times. Frankly speaking, no difference in my opinion, both cities are fun when they want to be but I found New York surprisingly dirty, sad. New York is just another London and in my opinion not somewhere I would like to go again for holiday. Now for shopping? oh yes, will go again but for just 5 days maximum.

Equally as good, equally as bad!
Re: New York Vs London by clem2love(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2009
Have you guy ever had people say "SEE PARIS AND DIE"

You know what it mean
Re: New York Vs London by chiogo(f): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2010
Hmph, who knows?
Re: New York Vs London by Racheald1: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
I think say Newyork better pass London.
Re: New York Vs London by mamagee3(f): 12:03am On Jan 25, 2010
New York is beautiful but I prefer London. tongue
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
Let the competition continue.

Here are some pics of new york.

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2010
More pics

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
even more

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
Nyc home

Re: New York Vs London by Hotstepper(f): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
I was in NY last Year August for a conference, I was so excited but when I got there, I wanted to leave, the place is dirty, crowded, roads r small for the amount of cars on the road, their subway system sucked (no maintenance who so ever), people are rude, even to eat food there was a problem for me (I lost so much weight), no big deal in their so-called Times Square, in fact, if u think NY is bad, visit NJ, gosh, couldnt believe my eyes, what the problem in US is is that they do not maintain their infrastructure or even demolish it and build another one, Most of the houses in NJ, I thought it was going to fall down by any slightest wind blow
I have been to London as well, apart from their small roads and houses, I would prefer to visit London and not New York but CANNOT live in either one
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
NYC streets

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hotstepper:

I was in NY last Year August for a conference, I was so excited but when I got there, I wanted to leave, the place is dirty, crowded, roads r small for the amount of cars on the road, their subway system sucked (no maintenance who so ever), people are rude, even to eat food there was a problem for me (I lost so much weight), no big deal in their so-called Times Square, in fact, if u think NY is bad, visit NJ, gosh, couldnt believe my eyes, what the problem in US is is that they do not maintain their infrastructure or even demolish it and build another one, Most of the houses in NJ, I thought it was going to fall down by any slightest wind blow
I have been to London as well, apart from their small roads and houses, I would prefer to visit London and not New York but CANNOT live in either one

Anyway, that's your opinion. People have different opinions. There was a competition like this at city-data. new york flawed london hands down.
Re: New York Vs London by Hotstepper(f): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2010
well, NY is over rated just like US things are,
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2010
More new sub-urban streets.

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
even more

Re: New York Vs London by elderly: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hotstepper:

I was in NY last Year August for a conference, I was so excited but when I got there, I wanted to leave, the place is dirty, crowded,  roads r small for the amount of cars on the road, their subway system sucked (no maintenance who so ever), people are rude, even to eat food there was a problem for me (I lost so much weight), no big deal in their so-called Times Square, in fact, if u think NY is bad, visit NJ, gosh, couldnt believe my eyes, what the problem in US is is that they do not maintain their infrastructure or even demolish it and build another one, Most of the houses in NJ, I thought it was going to fall down by any slightest wind blow

LOL

NYC is known to be dirty and has the worst road.

It is densely populated.
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 12, 2010
This thread just refuses to die! cheesy

I'll always prefer London though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.