Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet (59461 Views)

#bbnaija: Viewers Regard Cee-c As The Strongest Female Housemate / Gruesome Zombie Scenes By Special Effects Artist. Viewers Discretion Adviced / Bbnaija: See How Viewers Voted For Nominated Housemates (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by abatically(m): 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
PDPwayoo:

why waste money on dstv? the solution is buy smart tv and watch all live matches free online channels. or use your pc to watch all live matches online.
Im sure internet speed in Nigeria has improved and cheaper now.

I know more than 20 channels u can watch premiership. I ENJOY LIVE WWE RAW, SMACK DOWN, WRESTLEMANIA, SUMMER SLAM ETC ONLINE...... DSTV CANT NEVER SHOW LIVE WWE ONLY RECORDED.

Streaming cannot be compared with watching on TV. I also stream and I pay more than 15k a month for internet if I am to watch up to 6 live matches within that month. So bro, streaming is way way more expensive, plus if ur internet is not fast enough na buffering be that. And with the internet speed we have in naija its still not possible to stream HD content seamlessly without buffer.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
abatically:

Streaming cannot be compared with watching on TV. I also stream and I pay more than 15k a month for internet if I am to watch up to 6 live matches within that month. So bro, streaming is way way more expensive, plus if ur internet is not fast enough na buffering be that. And with the internet speed we have in naija its still not possible to stream HD content seamlessly without buffer.

it depends on the country u live. I pay $13 for wifi unlimited for one full month and can connect up to 10 computers at a time.......... communication companies are eating Nigerians raw.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
abatically:

my friend where i live, my internet is as fast as tv if im streaming. I have cable in my house but i prefer watching on PC sometimes cos is very fast as tv. and i can make bigger choice of what i want to watch.
no refresh, no slow connection.

The problem is that internet is expensive and slow in Nigeria....
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by segunotiti(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
Don't know if am the only one seeing this, but this news is for Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by parrotibaba(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
tochstorm:
star time has/have or shows epl now why don't you guys purchase star time.
what? shocked
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
segunotiti:
Don't know if am the only one seeing this, but this news is for Zimbabwe
U better wake up from sleep. This shiiit also affects Nigeria.
See their response when i blasted them on facebook.
Hello Xxxx, Please be informed that Super Sport 5, channel 225 is now the home of Premiership while Super Sport 3, channel 223 has become the new home of other international football including the European Leagues.
Premium subscribers will have a total of 10 live games on a weekend while subscribers on the Compact plus bouquet will have 6 live games on a weekend.
All inconvenience is deeply regretted.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
olumide4christ:

I don't know why - Lagos seems to be so disadvantaged when it comes to satellite TV. In Abuja, my in-law uses ordinary MYTV decoder on which they pay N800 per month subscription to watch in addition to MYTV channels; all MBC channels and other free-to-air channels (JOYTV and the rest), which for you to get over here in Lagos, you will need between 1.8 -4.00 metre dish and expert installers to track and receive such channels.
I was really amazed. So unfortunate that we don't have that advantage here in Lagos.

As for me, I have been on DSTV Compact Plus for 4 years up till 6th of July, 2015 when I got tired of paying the new N9420 for subscription. I have ported to StarSat (Super Bouquet) last month for just N3600/month. They don't have EPL, LA LIGA, but who cares? How many hours in a day do I spend at home watching TV for me to pay N9420 or N13900/month for DSTV? Even a lot of times on weekends, I'm not at home to watch the EPL/LA LIGA because of church and other activities.

So for me, DSTV R.I.P. !!!

Sorry bro
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by jpphilips(m): 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
deebrain:
They should continue the headbutting... Shebi MTN nd co did that same nonsense.

They should not worry. The RKO im preparing for them would come in very handy.

The truth is this; when the so called competitor comes, he will still meet the level of corruption in NCC, he will meet poor electricity and multiple taxation, in the end believe me, there will be no significant price difference.

3 Likes

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by nigerianvenom(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
lomprico:

Where r u based?

Uyo
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Anowax(m): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2015
lomprico:

I dnt think they r in lagos yet, (dstv politics) cos if they do dstv will r.i.p. Its in ph, enugu, kd
Metro Digital are also in Onitsha and Delta. I love that company
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ndidibabe(f): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2015
georgee:

Forget dt yeye guy and lets face ds DSTV fight together. D dude is an slowpoke
Bros, what can we do in a country like ours where corruption is not stealing and vice versa? I won't be surprised to know that members of the NBC management who should be scrutinizing the operation of DSTV has been bribed. I'm sure most of their members will be watching the premier bouquet free of charge too. At the end of it all, there is nothing we can do.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2015
ndidibabe:
You are retarded! Just look at his definition of piracy. Did I tell you to reproduce for commercial purpose? Wannabe!! I said print that damn thing, read and shred instead of spoiling you frog here. In your usual childish manner, I expect you to edit this post. What a coward!!
k
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ndidibabe(f): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
shadowgwalker:
k
Your leg and brain!
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2015
I cnt pay for DSTV again..Neva
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
ndidibabe:
Your leg and brain!
k
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by swiftz(f): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2015
Jlow2:
tanks bro.

Hello.

I also reside in Ebonyi state. I called their customer care and was told their services aren't in Ebonyi.

Actv is available here but they don't show EPL. Though they show Spanish and German leagues.

I'm trying to reach Metrodigital but their numbers aren't reachable.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by swiftz(f): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2015
Please guys, don't let this thread die off. We have to find a way abeg.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 10:17am On Aug 13, 2015
Startimes has acquired right to broadcast Italian Serie A in addition to German Bubdesliga.. small small, they are gettong there
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by CorneliusSulla8: 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
georgee:
Startimes has acquired right to broadcast Italian Serie A in addition to German Bubdesliga.. small small, they are gettong there
Nobody cares about those two, the right to brodcast the EPL is too expensive I don't see anybody challenging dstv for the right anytime soon.
If only their would be a sharp drop in the rate at which people subscribe but that will never happen.
Which station will show the champion's league they never clarified that point
So na 70ngn for Onile sure pass.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by femi4: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
swiftz:
Please guys, don't let this thread die off. We have to find a way abeg.
if you have enough data, there is a way
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by swiftz(f): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
femi4:
if you have enough data, there is a way

Chief, please tell us ooo
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by femi4: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by CorneliusSulla8: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
femi4:
https://www.nairaland.com/2178101/how-watch-live-football-android/11
How many MB do you think streaming a normal football match in SD go chop ?
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by femi4: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

How many MB do you think streaming a normal football match in SD go chop ?
200-300mb

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by imatejammer: 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
So, DSTV has opened all Super Sport channels to aggrieved Compact Plus subscribers from 14th to 28th August. Also promising some new channels.

Well, make we dey watch. No way this can convince me to part with 14k monthly as I will most likely downgrade to Compact or Family and check out available alternatives to watch EPL matches.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by CorneliusSulla8: 4:17am On Aug 15, 2015
imatejammer:
So, DSTV has opened all Super Sport channels to aggrieved Compact Plus subscribers from 14th to 28th August. Also promising some new channels.

Well, make we dey watch. No way this can convince me to part with 14k monthly as I will most likely downgrade to Compact or Family and check out available alternatives to watch EPL matches.
They can shove their channels somewhere else.
I just have to find away to get these bein sport and am golden.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
imatejammer:
I'm with u on this bro.. I can never pay 14K/month just to watch football.. I will be visiting viewing centres during matches and downgrade my bouque to family cos of my son's cartoon channels. Very soon, we will be delivered from the evil claws of DSThieves
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
imatejammer:

Pls what happens after 28th August.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
elampiro:

Pls what happens after 28th August.
Startimes

2 Likes

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by landinfo: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
georgee:
All of una wey dey shout CTL and metro.. How can u help us in Lagos.. I knw most eastern states dont depend on DSTV.. Its mostly Lagos and Abuja.. Can we get CTL and Metro in Lagos

I'm in Lagos like u but u cannot get MCL, METRO-DIGITAL, ABG, BEIN or CTL in Lagos or Abuja cos DSTV would sue their as.s pretty bad....pple that use these cable stations are better off in big enjoyment than those with DSTV cos;

1. Aljazeera sports HD, Aljazeera sports HD 1-4, Aljazeera. Sports 1-8, ART sports 1-8, Dubai sports, Showtime 1-5 sports, etc
Mehn, their studios na Oilyel money studios & they have @least 2-4 journalists live in all stadiums esp in Europe & Asia, they also have @least 2 talking to fans/supporters that are about to enter the stadium, they have new & ex-footballers as commentators, etc....DSTV can never try that in their miserable existence
All matches all over the world are shown live from Africa, The MiddleEast, SouthAmerica football (12am-4am), Epl, Laliga, Bundesliga, French league, Fa cup & CarlingCup, Copa Del rey, German cup, Caf cup & champions league, Uefa cup, Uefa championz league, Copa liberdotories, Copa America, the Euros 2016, Asian champions league & nations cup, etc any match u have never seen in your life is there.....& it includez sports u have never seen plus the ones u have seen. DSTV can never beat this in their 500 years of existence

2. WWE/F live...yes live

3. Recent Showtime movies, MBC movies....3-5moths old

4. Any Series.....recent episodes

5. Adult-movies (but it has to be censored cos of the children)

Note: Some states in the East, Delta state & the Northern part of Nigeria don't or hardly use DSTV xcept they want to show-off as big boys

.....& to those complaining @ the comfort of their homez, let it be known to u that;

1. DSTV haz it's termz & conditions

2. It is a private station so they have the right to what they are doing

3. NBC does not have any "legal" right whatsoever to do or say anything to DSTV.....any citizen can sue them but it'z like pouring water in a basket....u are not only wasting your time sueing, but your hard earned money that your Lawyer is interested in.

4. Hope that an indigenous would out-bid them but bear in mind that no company eats with one customer. For instance, the indigenous station that should outbid DSTV should have other varieties of channels eg BBAfrica, Series, Telemindo/Zee good movies, etc....all over the world, it is hard for any cable station to survive on only Epl, Laliga, Football alone, No, that station is doomed for that was what DSTV had over HITV (dough Hitv waz mis-managed sha)...Varieties!!!!!!!!

5. The big boys in Lekki phase 1, Ikoyi, VI, VGC, Ikeja, Ajah, Maitama, Asokoro, & other places where the rich & wealthy lives, have paid for 5 yearz subscription....yes, it is possible cos an uncle of mine in those years paid for subscription in the "village" for 6 yearz non-stop. Another of my uncle then in Adetola-Aguda paid 2 years. So shey na those people go follow u go court ni, abi then go fight DSTV for u Oh boy open than ya super-glued eyez & wake up to reality

5. Any politician or boss that gets elected/selected into a big position whether Councillor, Senate, Reps, NNPC, NICON, Customs, Immigration, etc...DSTV, Etisalat, Airtel, Glo like all other profiteering companies (Indians, Chinese, Americans, English, Japnese, etc) have all gone ahead of us to greet them with enough goodies & packages, so forget their help cos it is an unwritten rule....."Scratch my back, I scratch yourz"

The following are what you can do;

1. Relocate to those places where u want to watch for 3,500

2. Drop the decoder & say to them bye bye

3. Watch online But it is xpensive to do that

4. Go to viewing centre

Note: when it cu.mz to enjoyment of cable football & sportz generally, Lagos & Abuja is not the place to be I tell u cos Aba & Jos were fun for me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mawuli Gavor: Diane Walks Out On Housemates As Ebuka Calls Out Her Crush / 8 Nollywood Actors & What They Will Say When Their Wives Catch Them Cheating / Princess Onyejekwe Flashes Her Nude Butt During Stunt On BBNaija Show (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.