Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account (38582 Views)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know / Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mynd44: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Specifically articulate some of the "changed" Security, Infrastructure and Corruption policies of this government...... Waiting
Security.....interesting if you cannot see that the armed forces is better positioned with leaders and the moving of the command centre against insurgents in the NE then something is wrong.

This total implementation of the Treasury Single Account policy as conceptualized in 2004 is a movement in the right direction in curbing corruption but this time, it will be moved to all sectors. A standing order that ministers will not be issuing contracts(a brand new policy), a total probe of all government agencies is not movement?

And if you are hoping to see infrastructural changes from a government of less that 3 months, I think I have better things to do with my morning.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by kaboninc(m): 10:12am On Aug 10, 2015
Goke7:

so how come all those billions went missing?

Abugab:

If all the accounts with MDAs were moved into a single account in 2013 how come this govt in June asked that the same be done?
We had a govt in the past that lacked implementation and that is the difference here.
Do your findings and check how many accounts of MDAs were moved into a single account till this govt took over.
There is no hyping here as the previous govt lacked the will to follow up on their policies and directives

shegxi:
bros, i guess u dnt fully undastand d diff btw d two propositions of noi(GEJ) and what buhari is offering. Wat NOI did is simply to regulate and make more transparent how govt agencies and ministries spends money. But wat buhari is saying is dat money earned and accrued to govt shld first be paid into one account b4 onward payments to various MDA's to spend.
D simple reality is dat we must first be fully able to transparently ascertain what govt can earn b4 even talking about how what is earned is now spent. That is what d TSA is all about.

People like this drain, suck and sap (choose whichever word that appease you) my energy in Politics. And they have a large following!

No wonder they said MANY are MAD but FEW are ROAMING!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2015
marv1:
But was it efforced. You continue to give credit to GEJ when to me he vhas none. If Nigeria happens to be your father"s company and some body ran it agroung the way GEj did i know you wont be saying all this trash here....
Lol... GEJ did that of expenditure and Buhari wants to continue with the incomes!

No need applauding... its continuation bro.. or have Buhari announced a CHANGE in the expenditure accounting system by NOI? for me that's the Change
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Olsoo(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2015
Day11:

Oga wake up. It's past 8'
grin
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mynd44: 10:15am On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

1. Providing screenshots, instead of a link so i can read up and draw my conclusions is what is termed spoon feeding, kindly do well to get your facts right.

2. Your guess is as good as mine. I do PR too.
When sending press releases, more oft than not, the newspaper editor uses our caption/words verbatim....as long as they're okay with it.

3. I am merely stating a truth that we've been sounding ....cosmetic change is a farce. Transformational change is the real deal. Don't get it twisted.

4. Touche! Now they are promoting sole administratorship, in a democratic setting. Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that he has unofficial advisers, including Transformer Ebele Jonathan.

cheesy
Obviously you believe I have time for going back and forth and touching issues that have been discussed.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by check4elems: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
This is a nice one............
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Abugab(m): 10:25am On Aug 10, 2015
kaboninc:

People like this drain, suck and sap (choose whichever word that appease you) my energy in Politics. And they have a large following!

I can see you are among the few roaming the streets and markets.
Keep roaming.....
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Collins87: 10:27am On Aug 10, 2015
A good one from Buhari.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by olalat(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2015
Yes, it was get innitiative but he could nt gather d courage to implement it. His directive was nt obeyed. Irony!
yang:
This was done by GEJ
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2015
Mynd44:

Security.....interesting if you cannot see that the armed forces is better positioned with leaders and the moving of the command centre against insurgents in the NE then something is wrong.

This total implementation of the Treasury Single Account policy as conceptualized in 2004 is a movement in the right direction in curbing corruption but this time, it will be moved to all sectors. A standing order that ministers will not be issuing contracts(a brand new policy), a total probe of all government agencies is not movement?

And if you are hoping to see infrastructural changes from a government of less that 3 months, I think I have better things to do with my morning.

There we go!
Moving command and control center?? that is the Change?? scant for me especially while you are still romancing Chad and Niger using the spv MNJTF.. Change indeed.

"single treasury policy"...conceptualize in 2004, here we go again! never used by GEJ?? is that all? Change indeed.

this is the problem; call an APC apologist to articulate Buhari's policies and programmes in its original state and watch how he/she will either bolt away or fumble spectacularly!... 3 months too short to articulate an infrastructure policy!!! smh
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by henryuzor(m): 10:29am On Aug 10, 2015
yang:
This was done by GEJ
Zombie
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by egobetatoday: 10:31am On Aug 10, 2015
deebsman1:
Truly the idea was started by gej administration going by d link the poster above gave, but for baba buhari to want to continue and implement it, i think it's a thumbs up. Continuity of good policies and scrapping of the bad one is a good development for way forward in Nija

more and more propaganda being dished out!

i will only start writing things like this(even though we all know Gej started it) as achievements of his administration when i read BUHARIs ASSETS DECLARATION. Until then he is still the man with no single atom of integrity. Mtchewww

well posterity will judge him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Goke7: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
I publicly challenge you to name them or shamefully keep quiet.

anger won't get u anywhere bro, you can continue to praise GEJ for all I care, even for the air we breath, nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by kaboninc(m): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Mynd44:

Please give honour to whom honour is due. The sad truth is that Mr. Buhari has not done anything

Sometimes, you guys get things wrong and I'll suggest we read properly. Buhari gave an order that the Command and Control Center IN Abuja be moved to Bornu State. After military and intelligent advice and of course public outcry, a NEW Command and Control Center is to be established in Bornu State. This center will coordinate activities in the NE and will also work with the center in Abuja. You do not move a Command and Control Center to a battle field. A single strike on that center cripples the entire security architecture. Mind you, the Command and Control Center in Abuja (which Buhari instructed to be moved) operated not only for the North East Zone but other restive regions in the Country.

You should provide a link showing how this policy was conceptualized in 2004. In the mean time, the honour - NOI/GEJ should be given to them. Then, Ministers do not give contracts. The Government does. Ministers recommend to the government and they have an approval limit which I think is about 50 million Naira. If above the limit, it is brought to the Federal Executive Council which deliberate and if okay with it, approves and ratifies it.

Secondly, we have been reading probe this probe that, looted funds in Europe, in Asia and American Banks. All are wills, they are intentions but not actions. I tell you, in time to come, Mr. Buhari will elect to work quietly even against the wishes of his party, the APC.

We are not hoping to see infrastructural changes from a government of less than 3 months but a commitment to continue on-going projects, a commitment to be creative in building new projects, a commitment to be transparent and show accountability in awarding new infrastructural contracts. A commitment not to re-invent the wheel. We want to see the policy direction - in Oil and Gas, in Power, in Agriculture, in Aviation, in Road Construction, our Foreign Relations, these are what we want and we do not have the time to be snapping pictures.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Goke7:

anger won't get u anywhere bro, you can continue to praise GEJ for all I care, even for the air we breath, nonsense!
Thank God you didn't take up the challenge.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by egobetatoday: 10:36am On Aug 10, 2015
olalat:
Yes, it was get innitiative but he could nt gather d courage to implement it. His directive was nt obeyed. Irony!

in the same vain, we may still hear such directives from a new govt in 2019- 2023. heheeheheheh so all na one of those PROPAGANDA from the Chief Propagandist Buhari lol.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Goke7: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2015
kaboninc:

chai some people are really having sleepless nights with this wind of change o! whether they like or not, we are more proud to be Nigerians now and there's nothing anybody can do about it!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Goke7: 10:38am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Thank God you didn't take up the challenge.

keep consoling yourself by wailing grin
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Jchi9876: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:
i have noticed something on this forum, any time buhari strikes a blow against corruption, on this forum, all the people grumbling and protesting are igbos. things that make you go hmmmm. not saying every igbo on the forum is complaining, but all the complainers and opposers on the forum are igbo

SAYS ALOT ABOUT THOSE FOLKS ACROSS THE NIGER!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by williaam(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2015
To me if fully implemented by the President; that would be a plus; and pple here clamoring for GEJ, should knw that if his govt was able to have done the full implementation of this, there will be no need for the present administration to come out with the same policy that has been full implemented and made a law by the past administration. And the guy ranting that the president is only continuing instead of bring the change he promised; I must tell u that it was a childish statement by u and I wonder y for someone as academically sound as u, I guess would say such. What is the aim of every political parties and politicians all over the world; its quite simple “gain power”, how u may as, by selling ur manifestos. So I knw that some may not be happy abt the emergence of Mr Buhari; at least the best we can do is to applause his good moves, but I think it is the role of other political parties to be opposition and not individuals, that way our democracy will thrive
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:46am On Aug 10, 2015
Goke7:

keep consoling yourself by wailing grin
Typical! all mouth no action!! we no your extraction
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by vivavik(f): 10:48am On Aug 10, 2015
All leakages are getting blocked. I've always said it, stamp out corruption, the major problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2015
williaam:
To me if fully implemented by the President; that would be a plus; and pple here clamoring for GEJ, should knw that if his govt was able to have done the full implementation of this, there will be no need for the present administration to come out with the same policy that has been full implemented and made a law by the past administration. And the guy ranting that the president is only continuing instead of bring the change he promised; I must tell u that it was a childish statement by u and I wonder y for someone as academically sound as u, I guess would say such. What is the aim of every political parties and politicians all over the world; its quite simple “gain power”, how u may as, by selling ur manifestos. So I knw that some may not be happy abt the emergence of Mr Buhari; at least the best we can do is to applause his good moves, but I think it is the role of other political parties to be opposition and not individuals, that way our democracy will thrive
Guy I applaud the move! but it shouldn't be praised out of context.

are you insinuating we ignore APCs Change because "all political parties seek to gain power" hmmmmm... where went accountability.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2015
Mynd44:

Mynd44 is simply blinded by his hatred for Jonathan ...

Plz my dear chudionu58 don't get it twisted...Revenue accounts were moved to CBN...

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/fgs-deadline-mdas-treasury-single-account-tsa/

https://www.nairaland.com/2166172/hard-times-banks-mdas-close

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-moves-mdas-capital-accounts-to-cbn-2/

I challenge you Mynd44 to provide links showing Obj implemented 1% of this initiative...Knowing what's good isn't enough but doing it...Same way, buhari derided Jonathan for subsidy payment but came in and refused to remove same...Intentions doesn't cut it, actions does...I am not interested in discussing your fiscal policy, infrastructure etc comment today...

Reason for this publication is same reason Buhari dissolved NNPC board that was not existing...which is to give the impression that he's working & appeal to sentiments...What single novel initiative has buhari brought to governance since inception outside carrying out Jonathan initiatives(Which you hypocritically applaud but deride the man who did same before him)...

Finally, adding agencies like NNPC etc here is just mere propaganda because by LAW, these agencies are allowed to deduct their capital cum recurrent expenditures before remitting balance to federation account...DPR, FIRS, & co retain certain percentage of their revenue as operating cost before remitting balance to federation account...

Don't be hoodwinked by buhari and his spin doctors lies and propaganda...

Cc. Mizmycoli

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by AdeniyiA(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2015
afolwalex20:
*yawns* too long Only read two paragraphs..
I believe he did something right!
lazy ass,cheesy

youths of today undecided smh
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by mildflame: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2015
GEJ no sabi d word Implement na only 2shack OGOGORO n GOSSIP
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Mynd44 is simply blinded by his hatred for Jonathan ...

Plz my dear chudionu58 don't get it twisted...Revenue accounts were moved to CBN...

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/fgs-deadline-mdas-treasury-single-account-tsa/

https://www.nairaland.com/2166172/hard-times-banks-mdas-close

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-moves-mdas-capital-accounts-to-cbn-2/

I challenge you Mynd44 to provide links showing Obj implemented 1% of this initiative...Knowing what's good isn't enough but doing it...Same way, buhari derided Jonathan for subsidy payment but came in and refused to remove same...Intentions doesn't cut it, actions does...I am not interested in discussing your fiscal policy, infrastructure etc comment today...

Reason for this publication is same reason Buhari dissolved NNPC board that was not existing...which is to give the impression that he's working & appeal to sentiments...What single novel initiative has buhari brought to governance since inception outside carrying out Jonathan initiatives(Which you hypocritically applaud but deride the man who did same before him)...

Finally, adding agencies like NNPC etc here is just mere propaganda because by LAW, these agencies are allowed to deduct their capital cum recurrent expenditures before remitting balance to federation account...DPR, FIRS, & co retain certain percentage of their revenue as operating cost before remitting balance to federation account...

Don't be hoodwinked by buhari and his spin doctors lies and propaganda...

Cc. Mizmycoli
Thanks bro! their propaganda is nauseating... that's how one Yoruba tailor was shouting how Buhari started cleaning ogoni and that GEJ didn't bother about it.. I washed him clean Saturday morning.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by MizMyColi(f): 11:07am On Aug 10, 2015
gringringringringrin
You guys are the bomb!!!

cc: whynotthetruth

chudionu58:
Thanks bro! their propaganda is nauseating... that's how one Yoruba tailor was shouting how Buhari started cleaning ogoni and that GEJ didn't bother about it.. I washed him clean Saturday morning.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:

No mind them bro...

Thanks @Mizmycoli...

We have to keep bursting bubbles here...these guys are shameless liars... BTW this is the second time, they are running this lie and propaganda since buhari's inauguration gringringrin maybe they forgot they have used this line abi topic before gringrin Or they think by lying continuously it will sink in? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by anwo247: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2015
APC and LIEs

We were already done with this in Januray

https://www.nairaland.com/2082943/close-revenue-accounts-banks-fg
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

No mind them bro...

Thanks @Mizmycoli...

We have to keep bursting bubbles here...these guys are shameless liars... BTW this is the second time, they are running this lie and propaganda since buhari's inauguration gringringrin maybe they forgot they have used this line abi topic before gringrin Or they think by lying continuously it will sink in? cheesy
Hehehehe! notice how one Goke7 ran away when I publicly challenged him to list obj buit projects Jonathan commissioned!! Nawao
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by MizMyColi(f): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

No mind them bro...

Thanks @Mizmycoli...

Busting lies and needless huff puff is my newest hobbysmiley
https://www.nairaland.com/2515378/oil-scam-fg-shuts-ascon#36803116

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / #RevolutionNow Protesters Block Abuja Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.