Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account (38581 Views)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know / Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by ssuccess(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:
i have noticed something on this forum, any time buhari strikes a blow against corruption, on this forum, all the people grumbling and protesting are igbos. things that make you go hmmmm. not saying every igbo on the forum is complaining, but all the complainers and opposers on the forum are igbo
You know the problem with this your folly? it's that it not only sells you out ab being merely st*pid, it also puts to vain the efforts of all true indigenous humanitarians who fought and are still fighting for our unity.
Comments like this DIVIDES. The Igbos start to feel what they felt 'back in the days'
The nation then gets into a new Civil war, hopefully, you and your family gets killed in the War. Unfortunately, others could end up with you.
so please, for whatever you believe in's sakes, LET US BE ONE! !!
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by kingsboy12(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2015
I'm yet to see the change we were promised.... seeing continuity without corruption (I hope d fight against corruption is not just for mouth as time will time)
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Hehehehe! notice how one Goke7 ran away when I publicly challenged him to list obj buit projects Jonathan commissioned!! Nawao

Outside throwing insults and writing "GBAM" to sentimental rants, most of those guys are empty...I took one on a particular thread, he said shamelessly notwithstanding that I have won the argument with facts but Jonathan is hated so he can't just start loving him alone...
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by MizMyColi(f): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Outside throwing insults and writing "GBAM" to sentimental rants, most of those guys are empty...I took one on a particular thread, he said shamelessly notwithstanding that I have won the argument with facts but Jonathan is hated so he can't just start loving him alone...
shocked
Link please?
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by arsetalks(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2015
Buhari is living up to his name. Truly a baba go slow - slowly killing those who wants him to fail. I am loving this.

Meanwhile - I have used 20 litre of fuel for 1 week. I was using 10 litres per day before. Not regretting campaigning for this man one bit.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Lol
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by tociano009(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2015
shegxi:
NNPC, FIRS, NIMASA and imigration will be d biggest casualty of this TSA cos dats d 4 biggest revenue-generating govt agencies and dats also where a whole loads of shady dealings are practiced.
One onli needs to look again into dat pricewater audit report on nnpc and u will undastand dat this directive is a big deal.
bro you forgot NPA

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
shocked
Link please?

Abeg nah punishment be that...it happened couple of months back...I can't even recollect the topic...Also add to the experience with that Dhaniel guy(I hope I got his moniker right)...who couldn't justify his support for APC & allies...there abound many of them here...
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Washingtonben: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2015
BABSIN:
Buhari orders MDAs to run Treasury Single Account

President Buhari used just one stroke of the pen yesterday to block what many Nigeria believe is the biggest source of leakage in Government revenues, when he directed all ministries and government agencies to maintain the Single Treasury Account (TSA) domiciled at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Henceforth, all Federal Government Ministries, Department and Agencies are now to run a single account, the Treasury Single Account (TSA) for all revenues, incomes and other receipts.

This is a directive issued by President Muhammadu Buhari to specifically to promote transparency and facilitate compliance with sections 80 and 162 of the 1999 Constitution, a press statement to this effect said.

“Henceforth, all receipts due to the Federal Government or any of its agencies must be paid into TSA or designated accounts maintained and operated in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), except otherwise expressly approved” Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President, Media & Publicity, Laolu Akande, said in press statement on Sunday.

The TSA is a unified structure of government bank accounts enabling consolidation and utilization of government cash resources.
It can be a singular bank account or a set of linked accounts through which the government transacts all its receipts and payments and gets a consolidated view of its cash position at any given time.

The directive applies to fully funded organs of government like the Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Foreign Missions, as well as the partially funded ones, like Teaching Hospitals, Medical Centres, Federal Tertiary Institutions, etc.

Agencies like the CBN, SEC, CAC, NPA, NCC, FAAN, NCAA, NIMASA, NDIC, NSC, NNPC, FIRS, NCS, MMSD, DPR are also to comply.

For agencies that are fully or partially self-funding, Sub-Accounts linked to TSA are to be maintained at CBN and the accounting system will be configured to allow them access to funds based on their approved budgetary provisions.

According to Laolu, the presidential directive would end the previous public accounting situation of several fragmented accounts for government revenues, incomes and receipts, which in the recent past has meant the loss or leakages of legitimate income meant for the federation account.

It can be recalled that the President had promised state governors at the inaugural meeting of the National Economic Council, NEC, in June, that under his watch, all revenues prescribed for lodgement into the federation account will be treated as such and that he will ensure strict compliance with all relevant laws on accounting, allocation and disbursement.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/08/buhari-orders-mdas-to-run-treasury-single-account/#.VchFuHFVhBc

cc Lalastica
It's a welcome development. How I wish that CBN officials themselves would be honest and transparent, and all the MDAs comply appropriately.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Goke7: 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Typical! all mouth no action!! we no your extraction

@ my guy u sabi English well o! grin anyway we knew someone who had no action for six years hence the reason why you guys are desperately trying to do damage control irrespective of what the whole world knows, you guys can keep worshiping him and castigating the present Government, we will continue to sympathize with your loss on march 28, we know how bitter you guys are!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Goke7: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
arsetalks:
Buhari is living up to his name. Truly a baba go slow - slowly killing those who wants him to fail. I am loving this.

Meanwhile - I have used 20 litre of fuel for 1 week. I was using 10 litres per day before. Not regretting campaigning for this man one bit.

My brother, don't add more to some people's misery here, they would soon come and say it was GEJ who is making you use less fuel now grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by chudionu58(f): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Goke7:

@ my guy u sabi English well o! grin anyway we knew someone who had no action for six years hence the reason why you guys are desperately trying to do damage control irrespective of what the whole world knows, you guys can keep worshiping him and castigating the present Government, we will continue to sympathize with your loss on march 28, we know how bitter you guys are!
Lol... is that why you are running away from the challenge? Ofe mmanu
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Goke7: 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Lol... is that why you are running away from the challenge? Ofe mmanu

hmmm, that is your trade mark, oya call me more lol
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by katunj: 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
chudionu58:
Seriously I don't understand all these hype! This initiative started in 2013 by NOI... She moved all capital accounts of the MDAs into a single account! The second segment is the recurrent, so please there is nothing new here but rather continuing with the initiatives of the previous "corrupt government"

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-moves-mdas-capital-accounts-to-cbn-2/
Then the question you should be asking yourself is, do they ( MDAs ) comply to the directive by GEJ and NOI?
And if they do not, who is to be held responsible? I hope you wont say it was APC that asked them not to.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Eshinery(m): 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
yang:
This was done by GEJ
excuse me if you have no reasonable comment just save yourself the embarrassment by reading through comments of the intellectuals here on Nairaland don't just type rubbish in the name of commenting ok!
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by 989900: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
tociano009:
bro you forgot NPA

Customs too.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by deebsman1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
don't drag Buhari into this
egobetatoday:

more and more propaganda being dished out!

i will only start writing things like this(even though we all know Gej started it) as achievements of his administration when i read BUHARIs ASSETS DECLARATION. Until then he is still the man with no single atom of integrity. Mtchewww

well posterity will judge him.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:
i have noticed something on this forum, any time buhari strikes a blow against corruption, on this forum, all the people grumbling and protesting are igbos. things that make you go hmmmm. not saying every igbo on the forum is complaining, but all the complainers and opposers on the forum are igbo

No matter your opinionated view, Igbos are not selfish, senseless and mischievous like lots of Yorubas who cry wolf when there is none just to divert attention from their crass looting of our commonwealth. Your attempt at consoling your Yoruba tribe with such diatribe cannot in any way exonerate Yoruba leaders from the rot entrenched in the system or diminish the fact that they contributed in no small way to the destruction of Nigerian economy!
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Not all Igbos are campaigning against the progress of this country. But all those campaigning are Igbos.

And when everything goes bad, they will be the first to cry foul.

Cry foul in what way - that your people are treasury-looters who wrecked Nigerian economy?
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
This makes it easier for all the Daura appointees to steal money from CBN, seeing how all the cash will be pooled in one location.
If you believe this will curb corruption, then you can believe anything.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by puffcitylife: 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
Day11:

Oga wake up. It's past 8'
u guys have to grow up nd stop all dis ur tribalism act nd put naija interest first!. God bless my country nd her people.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
ssuccess:

You know the problem with this your folly? it's that it not only sells you out ab being merely st*pid, it also puts to vain the efforts of all true indigenous humanitarians who fought and are still fighting for our unity.
Comments like this DIVIDES. The Igbos start to feel what they felt 'back in the days'
The nation then gets into a new Civil war, hopefully, you and your family gets killed in the War. Unfortunately, others could end up with you.
so please, for whatever you believe in's sakes, LET US BE ONE! !!

'One Nigeria' seems to be just for self benefit - anybody or tribe who is benefiting from it, be it in civil service, politics or business through monopoly, backed by evil structures put in place by past evil leaders.
Except Nigeria is restructured, power decentralised, and ALL criminals and looters of the treasury brought to book every other attempt at forging ahead is more or less cosmetic.
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by charlesbailey(m): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
Nice move by the presidency i suppose...
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Mopolchi: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:

Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by ssuccess(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
xtrorse:

'One Nigeria' seems to be just for self benefit - anybody or tribe who is benefiting from it, be it in civil service, politics or business through monopoly, backed by evil structures put in place by past evil leaders.
Now this attemptsto tempt it's reader to try to imagine what tribe benefits most ,and which benefits least.
The last time anyone thought in this line, we had a civil war.

Except Nigeria is restructured, power decentralised, and ALL criminals and looters of the treasury brought to book every other attempt at forging ahead is more or less cosmetic.[/quote]
So true
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Its a good idea
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by shady26(m): 9:34am On Aug 11, 2015
sukkot:
And you have an app or template that tells you who is igbo on every forum? undecided
Do you know Bigotry is speculated to be a leading cause of suicide?
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by kodded(m): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
BABSIN:
This development is more than welcome...El-Rufai did same and I hope all other State Govt will adopt same.
how market
Re: Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account by sadiqabba2020: 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
TeamSimple:

But was that actually the case? Even @ that most of the ministries n agencies run seperate accounts. That was why the CBN last year complained about some ministries not remitting to the CBN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Sacks Uche Secondus As PDP Member And National Chairman / NLC Releases Statement After First Day Of Strike, States Demands / Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.