Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion (18917 Views)

Foreign Reserves Rise To $30.5B As CBN Targets $40B Before Year End / External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn / Naira Further Crashes To N245 Per Dollar As Reserves Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by JingoOAU(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2015
Imagine GEJ in power

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by emydot(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by qualityovenbake(m): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2015
Ok. We are getting there. All leakages must be blocked.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Okay o.

At least some good news about our economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by elipheleh(m): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2015
elipheleh:
Thanks to ndiigbo contribution

Igbos are working while the dullard is barking in abject corruption. I remember the hardship if his military regime. Thanks to ibb the rescurer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by shamecurls(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Wailing Wailers! Another meal is ready ooo....Come and eat[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by brainpulse: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2015
Baba restoring the years GEJ locusts and cankerworms have eaten. This is what happens When sources of corruption and unnecessary expenditures are blocked.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by free2ryhme: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2015
funmilade4real:

http://www.today.ng/money/08105968-nigerias-foreign-reserves-rise-to-31-5-billion/

Change, a change we all want is come with more to come.

keep it coming Mr. president
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by anonimi: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2015
socialmediaman:
Even with drop in oil revenue? I laugh. I remember one time an ex-president told workers to prepare for hard times just because he could not control corruption and funds leakages and theft that dwarfed government revenue

Wrong narrative and misinformed interpretation.

Unlike Jonathan who SPENT on railways, roads, universities, almajiri schools and ensured the 36 states got their share of the Excess Crude Account, ECA as constitutionally guaranteed for the JOINT owners of the Federation Accounts, Buhari has done NOTHING since May 29 except travel with N2.2 billion to the US and other tourist trips.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2015
queenzibah:
d increase is even very poor, cos ntg hav been done in dis country since may 29 even no ministersss so d increase is too poor cos its like our money is in fixed deposit till december. Baba go slow , poor baba y d small increase na wen u neva touch d money b4 nd havnt touch d new one comin in , nawa . Na one chance we dey . Ehe less I forget baba pls I'm misin new pix since dat ur photographer got wedded , plls sack nd probe him nd giv us corruption free photographer for more pix . Ehe baba less I forgot dat ur last pix wit obama is not full but cut also d oda group pix was cropped but dat guy charged all d same amount. Pls probe dat guy nd giv us more pix , we APC fans re misin new pix nd dats y we voted u sir. Thanks my shout out to: barcanista , tmitemi1, firefire, demdem phhocphockman , truckpusher, ishilove (my enemy) , lalasticlala (like him or her ) , seun (not his fan ) ......and others , if I didn't get ur name right pls try and answer name with good spelling nxt time
My Dear, what we are witnesing is BUHARInomics that defies common sense and has no positive to Nigeria's growth. I summarised it here...

The Buhari/Emefiele Situation
1. The CBN has stopped receiving dollars from banks, as a result the banks has stopped accepting dollars at the counter because their vaults are full.

2. As a result of 1(above) the banks also refuse to request dollars from the CBN's foreign exchange reserve. The CBN will then come out to scream "RESERVE IS GROWING".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Flye: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:
Okay o.

At least some good news about our economy.
There is nothing good about this news my friend. What is the use of hoarding reserves when production activities are on standstill?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by anonimi: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2015
barcanista:

My Dear, what we are witnesing is BUHARInomics that defies common sense and has no positive to Nigeria's growth. I summarised it here...

1. The CBN has stopped receiving dollars from banks, as a result the banks has stopped accepting dollars at the counter because their vaults are full.

2. As a result of 1(above) the banks also refuse to request dollars from the CBN's foreign exchange reserve. The CBN will then come out to scream "RESERVE IS GROWING".

The total effect of that is similar to what happened during his first coming as military DICTATOR =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2191699_bc5fu8aevkci_jpeg7fd60ed9cdeded70e187b8a2c1fd9480

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2015
anonimi:

The total effect of that is similar to what happened during his first coming as military DICTATOR =>
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2191699_bc5fu8aevkci_jpeg7fd60ed9cdeded70e187b8a2c1fd9480
High Chief (Dr) Anonimi may God bless you. We are in perilous time in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by ochallo: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Nigerians are the most sentimental people , i have ever met. They don't believe in facts , but only work on sentiments and bias.

Can someone tell me what buhari has to do with this?
He hasn't fullfilled any campaign promise but every little thing that happens which is mostly birthed from the previous administration is quickly accredited to him.

This CBN Governor that has achieved this, was picked and appointed by GEJ, after he placed the cattle rearer on suspension, the cattle rearer whose only achievement was to render bankers jobless all over the banking sector and make depositors lose confidence in banks. While a small bank acquired a mega bank. Yet people still immediately sing praises of buhari.

This is not even taking into consideration, the fact that the whole foreign reserve growth is completely artificial.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2015
elipheleh:

Igbos are working while the dullard is barking in abject corruption. I remember the hardship if his military regime. Thanks to ibb the rescurer

What did ibb rescue you from and what legacy did he leave?

How did Buhari leave the economy in 1985?

Answer these questions so that I can have the right response for you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2015
barcanista:

High Chief (Dr) Anonimi may God bless you. We are in perilous time in this country.

What perilous times? Quit that refrain pls and hide your ignorance.

The country was/is broke by the time Jonathan was leaving! How were the April and May salaries paid?

As things stand, the CBN is left with little choice other than what they are doing.

Or do you have an alternative? Suggestions?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by queenzibah(f): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2015
Rashe:
trust me ur brain is too unripe 2 be on social network...grow up kid!!!
tnx its true my brain iss unripe on social media but ripe in labour market cos noww I'm making my cash and u re here socializin , u need it more than me to console ur dirty life. Thanks
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2015
anonimi:

What's your point really?

Is dom account a right?

Do Nigerians earn revenue in dollar CASH?

Hide your ignorance pls!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2015
barcanista:
There is nothing good about this news my friend. What is the use of hoarding reserves when production activities are on standstill?

Another fallacy!

Those reserves do not entirely belong to the Fg. Because they've already received naira for it.

Deplete those reserves and face damning economic consequences!

Must you desperately look for thin reasons to just criticize?

This really sounds hollow and ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by engineerboat(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2015
barcanista:

They are very quick to tell us our foreign reserve is growing, but are not quick to give us ministers, embark on meaningful project, foreign business transactions, and other government activities.

We are waiting till He appoint his ministers and other Executives members, then lets see what happen from there not this, mouth talk with no action.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by puffcitylife: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2015
Demdem:
Each and every day I keep on seeing reasons to continue to back the General with the same and stronger vigour I used in chasing out the curse Jonah-daft.
lols... Correct!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2015
engineerboat:

They are very quick to tell us our foreign reserve is growing, but are not quick to give us ministers, embark on meaningful project, foreign business transactions, and other government activities.

We are waiting till He appoint his ministers and other Executives members, then lets see what happen from there not this, mouth talk with no action.

Another hollow approach to the reserves news just to sound like a critic.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by ayindejimmy(m): 9:49am On Aug 10, 2015
jmoore:
Before nko, I no suppose rise?

Folks go dey celebrate because of 0.2 per cent rise. smh
....in two months. Now think of the number of months in 4 years and do the arithmetic

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by adedayourt(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2015
DrOkoroafor:
Don't get too excited.

HATER!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by engineerboat(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2015
Activa:

Another hollow approach to the reserves news just to sound like a critic.

Give your own analyses now, Mr commenter. Why are you CHANGErians playing on NIGERIANS intelligence like this. Ile ti mo, owuro la mu ise se. Owuro lojo eni ma rire. Aro la ti n san imo gbigbe.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by superstar1(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2015
barcanista:

What you described casually has successfully
1. Stopped money launderers to a large extent.
2. Stopped importation of things that can be produced locally with our dwindling FX. This will lead to job creation in the medium to long term.

The future is looking bright for our dear country under PMB. So proud I voted out cluelessness and voted in direction and leadership

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by funmilade4real(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by juman(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2015
This is nothing special.

This is a government that has done no project, ofcourse the reserve will go up.

During jonathan time there was a period like this, we criticized him for not implementing the budget.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 10, 2015
engineerboat:

Give your own analyses now, Mr commenter. Why are you CHANGErians playing on NIGERIANS intelligence like this. Ile ti mo, owuro la mu ise se. Owuro lojo eni ma rire. Aro la ti n san imo gbigbe.

Who is interested in your APC/PDP nonsense?

Ask me any question about the economy or let me ask you.

I'm not here to joke or for petty politics.

I'm in support of what the cbn is doing. I've given my reasons in earlier posts.

Critique that stand or the reserves and let's slug it out. It's a challenge.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by saintol(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2015
BUHARI - Bringing Us Hope And Removing Injustice
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 10, 2015
juman:
This is nothing special.

This is a government that has done no project, ofcourse the reserve will go up.

During jonathan time there was a period like this, we criticized him for not implementing the budget.

Are projects funded from reserves?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Displays At The 2019 Nzem Berom Festival / Atiku Abubakar Receives PDP Certificate Of Return / What's The Benefit Of Education To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.