Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion (18919 Views)

Foreign Reserves Rise To $30.5B As CBN Targets $40B Before Year End / External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn / Naira Further Crashes To N245 Per Dollar As Reserves Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by superstar1(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2015
barcanista:
When Emefiele placed FX ban on some 41 item§, I agreed with him. But when he moved a step backward to stop receiving dollar from the banks, I disagreed and maintained that it is counter productive. You don't use military style to fix economic mess.

CBN did not have a choice than to do that. The commercial banks decided that on their own and they got CBN to make it official.

Presently, there is over 1billion dollars physical cash in the vaults of banks, that is a non-earning assets and there is no way they can move it out of the country. How do you want the banks to.pay interest on depositors funds that they are not earning anything on?

The only way we can deplete that physical dollar sum is by payments of PTAs and BTAs by banks.

If you have any suggestions on how banks can handle the physical dollars, please share it. This will go along way in arresting the situation.

Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by nikaleyot: 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
queenzibah:
d increase is even very poor, cos ntg hav been done in dis country since may 29 even no ministersss so d increase is too poor cos its like our money is in fixed deposit till december. Baba go slow , poor baba y d small increase na wen u neva touch d money b4 nd havnt touch d new one comin in , nawa . Na one chance we dey . Ehe less I forget baba pls I'm misin new pix since dat ur photographer got wedded , plls sack nd probe him nd giv us corruption free photographer for more pix . Ehe baba less I forgot dat ur last pix wit obama is not full but cut also d oda group pix was cropped but dat guy charged all d same amount. Pls probe dat guy nd giv us more pix , we APC fans re misin new pix nd dats y we voted u sir. Thanks my shout out to: barcanista , tmitemi1, firefire, demdem phhocphockman , truckpusher, ishilove (my enemy) , lalasticlala (like him or her ) , seun (not his fan ) ......and others , if I didn't get ur name right pls try and answer name with good spelling nxt time
Thats true, very poor like your English wink
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by ARIZONA123(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
superstar1:

CBN did not have a choice than to do that. The commercial banks decided that on their own and they got CBN to make it official.

Presently, there is over 1billion dollars physical cash in the vaults of banks, that is a non-earning assets and there is no way they can move it out of the country. How do you want the banks to.pay interest on depositors funds that they are not earning anything on?

The only way we can deplete that physical dollar sum is by payments of PTAs and BTAs by banks.

If you have any suggestions on how banks can handle the physical dollars, please share it. This will go along way in arresting the situation.

Desperate situations call for desperate measures.
. Conehead! Always spewing trash
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by tucky200(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
[quote author=engineerboat post=36802427][/quote]
How much did he meet at the foreign reserves ?
And how much did he remit when leaving ? ?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Popemax(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
Weldon Baba bt plz increase ur speed
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by dammytosh: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
socialmediaman:
Even with drop in oil revenue? I laugh. I remember one time an ex-president told workers to prepare for hard times just because he could not control corruption and funds leakages and theft that dwarfed government revenue

Tanoid will come and quote how Jonathan sent the money.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
BS without development to show for it! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by ayindejimmy(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
jmoore:

Why not do the maths yourself dude?

$200 million per month= $2.4 billion a year times 4 years= $9.6 billion in 4 years

That's very poor for our country. I don't celebrate mediocrity.

undecided
And that is if things remains as it is...which I doubt.
However little...
Wouldn't that be an increase to our reserve unlike the decrease it witnessed in gej's govt?
That's the Maths I was hoping you'd do.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Manir9ja: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
"i'll go slow but steady"...... Keep on Mr. President
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Manir9ja: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
DrPrickson:
has the ordinary man on the street feel the impact of this?
No need to rush you retar.d....... Slow and steady dude.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by omonnakoda: 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
queenzibah:
d increase is even very poor, cos ntg hav been done in dis country since may 29 even no ministersss so d increase is too poor cos its like our money is in fixed deposit till december. Baba go slow , poor baba y d small increase na wen u neva touch d money b4 nd havnt touch d new one comin in , nawa . Na one chance we dey . Ehe less I forget baba pls I'm misin new pix since dat ur photographer got wedded , plls sack nd probe him nd giv us corruption free photographer for more pix . Ehe baba less I forgot dat ur last pix wit obama is not full but cut also d oda group pix was cropped but dat guy charged all d same amount. Pls probe dat guy nd giv us more pix , we APC fans re misin new pix nd dats y we voted u sir. Thanks my shout out to: barcanista , tmitemi1, firefire, demdem phhocphockman , truckpusher, ishilove (my enemy) , lalasticlala (like him or her ) , seun (not his fan ) ......and others , if I didn't get ur name right pls try and answer name with good spelling nxt time
Which school did you attend?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
queenzibah:
tnx its true my brain iss unripe on social media but ripe in labour market cos noww I'm making my cash and u re here socializin , u need it more than me to console ur dirty life. Thanks
wow!!! sweetheart don't take it personal...was jus trying 2 advise u...
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Xano(m): 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
these can only happen under Sai buhari. that man that use to hoist bowler hat and his wife nearly ruin this country.

this is good news. Though Senators and House of Reps salaries have not been paid since after the elections. NDDC have not received funds from FG, thus, no new projects yet. Multinational companies are waiting for policies from PMB administration before they resume agreed projects.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by charlesbailey(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
great!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by gebest: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
DrPrickson:
has the ordinary man on the street feel the impact of this?
yes, if things goes beyond control in this country, that money can be use 4 importation for gud 24months so wit dat every body will feel d impact nd u kn what thats means.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by queenzibah(f): 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rashe:
wow!!! sweetheart don't take it personal...was jus trying 2 advise u...
dosnt tak anyfin away from me . Tnx
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
anonimi:

Wrong narrative and misinformed interpretation.

Unlike Jonathan who SPENT on railways, roads, universities, almajiri schools and ensured the 36 states got their share of the Excess Crude Account, ECA as constitutionally guaranteed for the JOINT owners of the Federation Accounts, Buhari has done NOTHING since May 29 except travel with N2.2 billion to the US and other tourist trips.
The SUBSIDY,that he removed FOR 2YRS WHILE OIL PRICE WAS SELLING ABOVE $100 and now below $50,,,,

2. $5BILLION DEBT INCURRED DURING HIS REGIME,,.,,

3. YARADUA LEFT PETROL PRICE @#65 HE INCREASED IT TO #97,,,, #32 difference for 2yrs..,,,

4.. DEPLETION IN FOREIGN RESERVE NOT INCREMENT DURING HIS REGIME,,,

5.SHARING OF ECA FUNDS AND BUHARI STILL HAD TO BAILOUT SOME STATES FROM NLNG EARNINGS....

YOU NEED TO COMPARE HIS ACHIEVEMENTS WITH ALL THE MONEY HE INCURRED.... Spent On Universities yes thanks to AASU who went on strike for 6(six) Months..
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Rise To $31.5 Billion by bejeria101(m): 1:44am On Aug 11, 2015
Frm empty treasury? Na breeze una sell? Ewu zambia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu / Tanko Muhammad Swears In Eight Supreme Court Judges / LP Etiosa HOR, Hon. Atta Thaddeus Donates Transformers And Engages Constituents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.