Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? (17986 Views)

Monopoly Products In The Nigerian Food Market / Nigerian Food (Pictures Only) / Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:23am On Apr 02, 2009
where did you buy that kind bitter bitter leaf? eh Ebony? lol. anyway, my mom sent me dried bitter leaf. i don't buy here. you wouldn't taste the bitter in it.

i was tempted to buy there washed bitter leaf sometime ago. man! that thing really bitter. bad business cheesy i threw it away.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 02, 2009
@Hauwa
If you have beans, onions, maggi, salt etc. . . .then you can make akara over there.

Puff puff. . . .go to Sam's Club or WalMart to buy flour, yeast, eggs, and sugar

For okro-  Publix or those spanish stores. It seems to me that SA like okros too.

Eba. . . .dnt know where you can get that.

Lol, sisi oloje ke? I take am resemble you tongue tongue grin

But I think you're right, na b/c I eat them too much jare
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:27am On Apr 02, 2009
look at Pataki, the only first and only post here and he is disliking something.
Jo wake up and smell the lovely cooked Ikokore.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

where did you buy that kind bitter bitter leaf? eh Ebony? lol. anyway, my mom sent me dried bitter leaf. i don't buy here. you wouldn't taste the bitter in it.

i was tempted to buy there washed bitter leaf sometime ago. man! that thing really bitter. bad business cheesy i threw it away.
My mom sends me the dry ones. . . .plenty naija store dey where she lives.

lmao, I hate when bitterleaf is added to okro soup. gosh!!
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by DeReloaded: 3:30am On Apr 02, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

lmao, I hate when bitterleaf is added to okro soup. gosh!!

Ive never heard of such an abomination in my life
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:31am On Apr 02, 2009
ise akara ti poju jo. maybe during summer. that thing dey chop my olive oil too  cheesy

ise puff puff ti poju too. again my evoo go finish and i go broke  grin

just not into garri over here lol. i see them in the carribean store but not my style. i prefer my own home garri. not the dorty they sell  grin yes iyepe ati dorty wa ninu garri won. lipsrsealed grin

fresh okro ummm, with smoked fish and prawn etc. those are rare so i don't eat okra (no real naija ingre to make it)
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:33am On Apr 02, 2009
okra and bitter leaf? Ebony what are cooking over there? grin grin
tell me you made a mistake grin
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:34am On Apr 02, 2009
i just feel like eating fresh Ila with naija beef stew with ata rodo and tatashe grin
(bell pepper can never take the place of tatashe)
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 02, 2009
DeReloaded:

Ive never heard of such an abomination in my life
lmao. . . .you know what?

I want to know what you eat.
I bet your head dey grow on rice and obe ata.  grin grin tongue

*Hauwa*:

i i prefer my own home garri. not the dorty they sell  grin yes iyepe ati dorty wa ninu garri won. lipsrsealed grin
Rotflmao. . . .

Excess garri here, I'd have given you some. Nobody in this house appreciates garri anymore. It's just there  undecided

OMG, I still dnt know wetin you dey call prawn. Sounds like something inedible.  tongue
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by DeReloaded: 3:36am On Apr 02, 2009
Go sit down jare. Pepper is Pepper  tongue
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by DeReloaded: 3:37am On Apr 02, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

OMG, I still dnt know wetin you dey call prawn. Sounds like something inedible.  tongue

smells like a diaper filled with diarrhea. One of the reasons why I hate egusi.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i just feel like eating fresh Ila with naija beef stew with ata rodo and tatashe grin
(bell pepper can never take the place of tatashe)
Aren't they the same thing?
shocked shocked
*Hauwa*:

okra and bitter leaf? Ebony what are cooking over there?  grin grin
tell me you made a mistake  grin
Not when am cooking it.

But when others are cooking it, they seem to add bitter leaf. It's called ogbolo or ojolo. sth like that

DeReloaded:

smells like a diaper filled with diarrhea. One of the reasons why I hate egusi.
grin grin
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:40am On Apr 02, 2009
check out wikipedia my dear maybe you will get a good idea. do you know crayfish? crayfish is whitish, prawn is the huge one, red in color when dried.
okay let me give a better example. do you go to chinese eatery? ever seen the red shrimp? okay shrimp yeah, same thing. just that naija style it is smoked.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Nobody: 3:42am On Apr 02, 2009
Oh yea, the one that tastes like excess maggi.

Thanks for adding one more to my list.

@post
Prawn
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:43am On Apr 02, 2009
not the same, taste very different, (though they both make soup red). tatashe is more  kiss with nice aroma that bell pepper don't have.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:45am On Apr 02, 2009
lol well it is because they add lo mein to it grin
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by A40(m): 4:35am On Apr 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

A 40, you know better food so?  grin

Ebony Silk
I don't know what it's called, but that bitter leaf soup used to substitue efo in egunsi soup. Egusi soup is really nice with slight touch of bitter leaf, very small quantity  kiss

I'm starting to hate akara. what? you eat Akara over there? I like my akara with yaji  kiss but haven't had it in a long time. no time to make it.

Can't stand puffpuff anymore. you chop those things too much o, abeg no tease me no more. you be champion. see as you dey hate them (due to overfeeding on them). long time since i tasted puffy

Eba is getting on my nerves too  shocked man!! lol, haven't had eba for a very long time. maybe the first food i will eat if i leave SA.

Shaki or w/e it's called. Also used in egunsi suop You chop them too much. that's why you don't like them anymore. sisi oloje   grin
Yes i know good food e.g starch and banga,amala and egusi or veggie soup e.t.c not that foul smelling iru
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Hauwa1: 3:17am On Apr 04, 2009
you know i just need to make you a good Iruish Apon soup with lots of smoked hausa fish, mangala and tinko.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by tpia: 3:54am On Apr 04, 2009
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by SamMilla1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2009
amala and ewedu
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by eldee(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2009
Yeah . . . Ikokore is the most irritating mixture ever served in a plate!!!!

My mum's Edo (Ishan to be specific), they've got this Banga soup thing . . .it's awful!!!
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by ochukoccna: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2009
Gosh! Any real Nigerians here? seems most of the posters prefer junk food like burgers. How can u hate Pounded yam or Amala or Nkowobi? U B oyinbo? Just my 2 kobo though.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2009
Fufu and Semo.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by AloyEmeka9: 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2009
Beans and everything it represents like moi moi, akara etc.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2009
not liking certain Naija foods means liking "burgers"?

Short yellow bus rider.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by vanitty: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2009
Aadun (made with maize and palm oil ) I use to and still detest it. My mother used to force us to eat it back in the days.
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by lalaboi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2009
I eat anything naija. . . . . .lol . . . . except for some hausa foods like that. . . .no food is worse, maybe the way it was cooked sha. . . .

peeps hating on Ikokore. . . . .wetin do una? that is some crackingliky food right ther. . . . . . When cooked right. . . . grin
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by A40(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2009
vanitty:

Aadun (made with maize and palm oil ) I use to and still detest it. My mother used to force us to eat it back in the days.
Aadun was the bomb abeg!! maybe you guys didn't add enough sugar back in the day

Anything that's got Iru(locust beans) heck you could kill me with it
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by ochukoccna: 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Short yellow bus rider.

@ least ain't sucking white dycks!
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by DisGuy: 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2009
Fufu or some fufu, smells like raw starch! and it's transparent too!
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by eldee(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2009
Okro, Okra whatever the name is . . . puke
Re: Your worst Nigerian Food/dish? by vanitty: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2009
A-40:

Aadun was the bomb abeg!! maybe you guys didn't add enough sugar back in the day

Anything that's got Iru(locust beans) heck you could kill me with it

hated it, no matter how much sugar or salt was put
It has a unique taste, too much palm oil also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi Confluence Rice Hits The Market (Photos) / Ibadan Restaurants / Quick Easy Recipe To Make A Sweet Tasty Peanut Burger By Yourself In Just 4 Minu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.