Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity (24115 Views)

South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / 5 Interesting Facts About Nothern-nigeria Pride Queen Aminat (pics) / Igbos Vs Yorubas: Similarities In Diversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Sweetlemon(f): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
author=cheruv post=36878511]

That map is more like it. Please take it round all those biafra threads so they can stop harassing SS people who are just not interested in joining. No hard feelings bro. But we just NOT related. Simples!
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
bokohalal:

The South South Igbo question is unsettled.

NA UR PAPA UNSETTLE AM
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Why must you guys turn every thread into a center of rancour. Obviously, this thread was created to highlight the geographical location called the south south. If you have anything to add, just do so and stop acting like terrorists.

6 Likes

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
ABEG NO VEX WHO BE THE WE HERE...WHICH TRIBE, I KNOW SAY NON OF THESE SOUTH SOUTH WHATEVER RELATE..SO WHO BE THE WE

ABI YOUR TRIBE NA SOUTH SOUTH

Sweetlemon:

That map is more like it. Please take it round all those biafra threads so they can stop harassing SS people who are just not interested in joining. No hard feelings bro. But we just NOT related. Simples!
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
THAT IS THE PROBLEM...THERE IS NOTHING IN GEOGRAPHY CALLED SOUTH SOUTH..SO THE TERM SOUTH SOUTH IS CONFUSING AND ABBERRATION SO EXPECT THE CONFUSION HERE

Afam4eva:
Why must you guys turn every thread into a center of rancour. Obviously, this thread was created to highlight the geographical location called the south south. If you have anything to add, just do so and stop acting like terrorists.

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Igbo Deltans in the house na true?
The last time I was in Asaba, the Igbo Deltans wore bowler hats and all like other SS people although they also wear Igbo caps too. They also love fish too and they enjoy banga and starch like the average Deltan.
In fact apart from the Igbo language I don't see much difference.
shocked shocked shocked...now you are waking up right....

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
THAT IS THE PROBLEM...THERE IS NOTHING IN GEOGRAPHY CALLED SOUTH SOUTH..SO THE TERM SOUTH SOUTH IS CONFUSING AND ABBERRATION SO EXPECT THE CONFUSION HERE

You are the one that is cobfused here. No one has said that the SS is a heterogenous region buy you have taken it upon yourself to pick fights where there is none. With the way you're going, if I was from those Igbo areas in the SS, I wouldn't want to have anything to d do with your kind. Youre a disgrace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by cheruv: 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
bokohalal:

The South South Igbo question is unsettled.
It'd be settled once our SS blood is carved back into the SE..thank YHWH the black gold is drying up,and our armies are training day and night.we'd not rest till these areas are returned to us
1]delta north
2]rivers east excluding okrika & ogu/bolo
3]rivers south east excluding the 4 ogoni LGs
4]the onelga and ekpahia parts of rivers west
5] abi LG in CRS

Its a shame that outta 6 states in the SS,only bayelsa and AKS refused to partake of the partition of Igbo land angry

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
thank lord you are not from the areas so you can do the lagoon thing

south south is a misnomer, an abberation and not in geography, not in tribes, not even in the swampy ogogoro drinking clans there, so you cant be an igbo from the Niger Delta ...

Bounce

Afam4eva:

You are the one that is cobfused here. No one has said that the SS is a heterogenous region buy you have taken it upon yourself to pick fights where there is none. With the way you're going, if I was from those Igbo areas in the SS, I wouldn't want to have anything to d do with your kind. Youre a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
atbu1983:

I am south south from edo. This thread is not about igbo. Please dont make it about it. It is this kind of over bearing attitude that make many south south wary of Biafra!!! Everything is not about Igbo!!!!! is so annoying!!

I have told you align yourself more to the yorubas.... SS is not ethnic group or an identical ethnic group, except you are from IGBANKE.
He made an innocent statement/description about his tribe why is it paining you son of hate

2 Likes

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Afam4eva(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
thank lord you are not from the areas so you can do the lagoon thing

south south is a misnomer, an abberation and not in geography, not in tribes, not even in the swampy ogogoro drinking clans there, so you cant be an igbo from the Niger Delta ...

Bounce

What's exactly is your problem? Is it the denonyn? Would it make any difference of the name is changed? Or do you just feel like you have a stake in the territory?

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Sweetlemon(f): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
Ishekiri men stand tall and proud (Yeah, proud bunch they are) no matter their ages.
In my opinion, They are the tallest in the SS cos I've never seen a short Ishekiri man.

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
atbu1983:

You omitted my tribe Esan tribe in edo state. Anthony Enahoro ( d man who moved motion for indepedence in 1956) Tony Anenih ( PDP former BOT/thief) , Cardinal Okojie, Sunny Okosun the legendry Musician and Tom Ikhimi are all from Esan.

No wonder.....

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
is that so?

Afam4eva:

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by cheruv: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Of course limon.. The map is a starting point kos the Mmoño Union(Ibibio/efik etc) would've to vomit to us the enyong and andoni parts kos of arochukwu and opobo.
When I tell your fellow SS marranos that not an inch of SS igboland would be left behind they think we're joking undecided
Anyway, what's the oron version of effiong..that's my uncle's name.you said something about name variations among Mmoño tribes
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sweetlemon:
The Esan swag is legendary! atbu1983 I hope this is Esan?

Now I know why atbu1983 has identity crisis.... their dressing is in-between Yoruba and delta Igbo

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

What's exactly is your problem? Is it the denonyn? Would it make any difference of the name is changed? Or do you just feel like you have a stake in the territory?

stake, in what territory? is it a terrirotory that isnt in geography or cardinal point? we have to first define what is south south and how it camre about and let us know if it is in geography before I think of having a stake....so from a crathographer and geographer point of view nothing is like south south...any body that believes that is in foooools paradise...then after that we talk about satkes and mind you stakes are high

lol

stakes kor, takes ni
Afam kpachara anya gi.... egwu kam na egwu

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Sweetlemon(f): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
cheruv:

Of course limon.. The map is a starting point kos the Mmoño Union(Ibibio/efik etc) would've to vomit to us the enyong and andoni parts kos of arochukwu and opobo.
When I tell your fellow SS marranos that not an inch of SS igboland would be left behind they think we're joking undecided
Anyway, what's the oron version of effiong..that's my uncle's name.you said something about name variations among Mmoño tribes

Come and take land na. Ino npko! Unam ikot akamba!

Effiong is a universal name. But it is more common among the Efiks.
There are universal words and phrases among us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by madenigga(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Ikwerre wear bowler hat like the Ijaws. But the Anima dress just like easterners with their famous akwaocha. Anioma don't wear bowler hat...They are very cultural savvy.
They also wear the normal igbo red caps too.
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
lygn19:

It seems u don't know ur people, it seems we know ur people more than u do; 80% of ediots from the SS who attack and hate anything igbo is from Edo state. I can start listing them for u.

TRUE.... even trying to be more yoruba,
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by madenigga(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

stake, in what territory? is it a terrirotory that isnt in geography or cardinal point? we have to first define what is south south and how it camre about and let us know if it is in geography before I think of having a stake....so from a crathographer and geographer point of view nothing is like south south...any body that believes that is in foooools paradise...then after that we talk about satkes and mind you stakes are high

lol

stakes kor, takes ni
Afam kpachara anya gi.... egwu kam na egwu
Guy stop acting silly.

3 Likes

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
THEY ARE PLAINLY IGBO SPEAKING IKWERRE DIALECT JUST LIKE NKWERRE SPEAK NKWERRE DIALECT ALSO

madenigga:

They also wear the normal igbo red caps too.
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
AND STOP ACTING FOOLISH
madenigga:

Guy stop acting silly.
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by madenigga(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
AND STOP ACTING FOOLISH
Ur attitude is annoying, d only reason y I choose not to attack u, it's because I know it's not all South easterners dat are as silly as u, if not...

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by madenigga(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
God bless Rivers state...
I thank God for making me a Rivers man, I can't believe myself being in d same state boundary with some nut heads. undecided.

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
THE ONLY REASON YOU I CHOSE NOT TO ATTCAK YOU IS THAT YOU ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL TO MY EXISTENCE ...HAVE YOU BEEN TO SWAMP LATELY ....THERE IS NOTHIN LIKE SOUTH SOUTH..ITS AN ABBERATION ...GO AND READ GEOGRAPHY BOOKS

madenigga:

Ur attitude is annoying, d only reason y I choose not to attack u, it's because I know it's not all South easterners dat are as silly as u, if not...

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Which tribe in rivers sate, abi you have turned rivers into a tribe...lol ..they no fit call the name of their viallage..are you from the same place the judas of ubima came from or otuoke the place of clueless one or

you are my neighbour..the irritants

so much...
madenigga:
God bless Rivers state...
I thank God for making me a Rivers man, I can't believe myself being in d same state boundary with some nut heads. undecided.
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by tonychristopher: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
they are bunch of confused soul...they even allowed yoruba to write their history for them

CHESSBOARD:

TRUE.... even trying to be more yoruba,
Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
bokohalal:
This thread is about the South South of Nigeria. The Easterners can open a thread and say whatever they want about the East,as they have done numerous times, and no Southern minority will intrude UNLESS they become expansionists and include minority territory in Biafra.

I am SS, and I am Igbo, so why do you want to exclude me from this SS thread.... Is IMO and ABIA state more "EASTERN" than Cross River and Akwa Ibom??. Ewu when will you ppl have sense. Biafra is bigger than 5 SE states, again when will you and the like of sweetlemon get this into your old colonial/ divide and rule mentality head.
Some EDO ppl from IGBANKE are already calling Radio Biafra that they will always be part of Biafra, so Esian man why speak for other ppl undecided

5 Likes

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by cheruv: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Come and take land na. Ino npko! Unam ikot akamba!

Effiong is a universal name. But it is more common among the Efiks.
There are universal words and phrases among us.
Azhepako!! Its mkpo not npko angry go villa you no gree dey Lagos dey form azhēbōta' grin
We're coming..our armies have crossed the Oyono river and are marching towards Oko ita.
Anyway let's leave military affairs for now..when next are you coming around

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Sweetlemon(f): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
cheruv:

Azhepako!! Its mkpo not npko angry go villa you no gree dey Lagos dey form azhēbōta' grin
We're coming..our armies have crossed the Oyono river and are marching towards Oko ita.
Anyway let's leave military affairs for now..when next are you coming around

lol. typo!
oya come na. we dey wait una.

1 Like

Re: South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Ishekiri brides? Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is another confused Attire and culture.... melding between Delta Igbo and yoruba.... I pity them, they should make their choice soonest where to align, Odua or Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beauty Of Igbo Women / Which Tribe Bears Foreign Names The Most? / Does Any One Knows Why twins Were Killed In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.