Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail (32803 Views)

Subsidy Removal: PPPRA Pegs Naira At N298/$ For Fuel Imports / Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports / Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refinaries Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by atlwireles: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gboliwe:

The broom carrying witches won't tell you kerosene is literally "out of stock" in Nigeria. I was broke some two weeks ago and said to buy 10ltrs of kero as against refilling my 12.5kg cylinder. I figured it was cheaper till I got my feet back. I travelled far and wide looking for this essential commodity, I didn't find. I was forced to "borrow" from another allocation to refill my gas. Few days later, it started selling for N180 a litre. That's how much we have fallen

This is the sad reality, yet the lying and pathetic sai chanters have all lost your tongue. Even petrol is a pain to buy.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
Many filling stations in Ibadan now sell pms at 87 naira. Probably in the south east they have short supply of fuel due to distance so they still sell at higher rates.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Gboliwe: 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
atlwireles:

This is the sad reality, yet the lying and pathetic sai chanters have all lost your tongue. Even petrol is a pain to buy.

I wish we still had "smart" boys in the military. This is the kind of stuff the notorious Babangida just couldn't take and he did the needful.

Who will bell the cat before we queue up like in our parents did in time past?
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Gboliwe: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
django1:
Many filling stations on Ibadan now sell pms at 87 naira. Probably in the south east they have short supply of fuel due to distance so they still sell at higher rates.

Lol @ distance. Chai! South East, see your life!
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gboliwe:

Lo @ distance. Chai! South East, see your life!

Well fuel comes in through Lagos. That's the reality for now.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by fx45(m): 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
guntranno:

Why do you seems so aggressive?

I told you I buy fuel @ N87... You shld av asked your question of where before you start calling sm1 a Lair.

To make it clear, I reside in Abuja not Sautyeast nor sautsaut...
And you think because you buy fuel at N87 in Abuja, same applies to the rest of the country? You can't be serious... By the way how much is the current pump price of kerosene? Or don't you buy kerosene?
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by chudionu58(f): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
fx45:
And you think because you buy fuel at N87 in Abuja, same applies to the rest of the country? You can't be serious... By the way how much is the current pump price of kerosene? Or don't you buy kerosene?
They can never answer you anything about kerosene!!! Never.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by ideykwum: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
You're very tribalistic! In Port Harcourt it's 110 with cruel meter adjustments! Oya, say it's an Igbo thing too! Olodo!

9jii:

Miss leading Title to the people who don't read the details.
The news said things well get better b4 the end of 1st qtr of 2016.

And if your brothers decided to hike the price in the SE to blackmail this gov.its your problem completely.

And the Op must be igbo
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by ideykwum: 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
When will Buhari start taking responsibility? After all, Jonathan met a compromised system too! Should we start extrapolating back to Tafawa Balewa?

Beremx:
This is the kind of news TANoids love to hear.

If the refineries fail to refine crude oil,then the blame should go to Jonathan. After all, president Muhammadu Buhari never took glory for what TANoids have been claiming is Jonathan's achievements.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by guntranno(f): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
fx45:

Kerosene? I don't buy kerosene... You that make use of Kero shld tell us how much you buy it
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by guntranno(f): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
erico2k2:
ABJ abi, let us wait and hear from ABJ people, we will confirm
You've gat voovoozela... Pls call dem on board
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by 1miccza: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gboliwe:

The broom carrying witches won't tell you kerosene is literally "out of stock" in Nigeria. I was broke some two weeks ago and said to buy 10ltrs of kero as against refilling my 12.5kg cylinder. I figured it was cheaper till I got my feet back. I travelled far and wide looking for this essential commodity, I didn't find. I was forced to "borrow" from another allocation to refill my gas. Few days later, it started selling for N180 a litre. That's how much we have fallen

Honestly i still don't understand why we love decieving ourselves in this country.....
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by 1miccza: 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
django1:
Many filling stations in Ibadan now sell pms at 87 naira. Probably in the south east they have short supply of fuel due to distance so they still sell at higher rates.

Bro where in Ibadan are you referring to because i came in from Ibadan some days ago and i'm sorry to say that was not the case?
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by 1miccza: 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
mrmetoo1:
When I told you guys to leave the wailers to take the credit for the refineries, some of you disagreed with me. Now most of them are now backtracking and saying this news is a failure of Buhari's government.

Just watch, if tomorrow another news headline reads "refineries now fully operational", they'll say it's GEJ that miraculously made it start working again.

Funny thing is, the headline is misleading because more was said in the bottom part of the article

Bros leave this GEJ,Buhari,wailers ,Tanoid,and whatever things and face the reality affecting me,you and other fellow country men.. If there would be hunger today it wouldn't single out a select group....
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by fx45(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
guntranno:

Kerosene? I don't buy kerosene... You that make use of Kero shld tell us how much you buy it
98% of Nigerians use kerosene. It's not about me, it's about the majority of the populace. When next you go to buy your N87 petrol, make out time to ask the pump attendant how much kerosene is sold.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by chudionu58(f): 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
fx45:
98% of Nigerians use kerosene. It's not about me, it's about the majority of the populace. When next you go to buy your N87 petrol, make out time to ask the pump attendant how much kerosene is sold.
No mind am... they gleefully tell us how much fuel is sold in some select filling stations in cities but would never tell us how much kero is sold! SMH
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by erico2k2(m): 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
guntranno:

You've gat voovoozela... Pls call dem on board
where I live we dont have people who use mad stuff like that mayB ur end has them SMH
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
fx45:
Y waste time ask that kind question , she no use kerosine ,its 2 xpenssive she change to fire wood grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
1miccza:

Bro where in Ibadan are you referring to because i came in from Ibadan some days ago and i'm sorry to say that was not the case?

Many places bro, I'm sure of all bovas filling stations (dugbe and total garden for certain), I've bought at fatgbems and a couple of stations at apata and oluyole. There are still some selling above pump price but like I said, many already sell at 87 naira with no queue at all.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by 1miccza: 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
django1:

Many places bro, I'm sure of all bovas filling stations (dugbe and total garden for certain), I've bought at fatgbems and a couple of stations at apata and oluyole. There are still some selling above pump price but like I said, many already sell at 87 naira with no queue at all.

Then that's happening only in Ibadan here in Lagos and Ogun you hardly find those selling at 100 or even 105,and it's da same in a whole lot of states..
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by coolbis: 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
fx45:
What kind of improvement? Fuel sells for N110 almost everywhere. What nonsense are you talking about?
fuel has never sold for an official pump price in the SE, so y blame PMB.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by coolbis: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
1miccza:

Then that's happening only in Ibadan here in Lagos and Ogun you hardly find those selling at 100 or even 105,and it's da same in a whole lot of states..
its same in lag here bro, 87naira confirmed and no queue at all
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by 1miccza: 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
coolbis:
its same in lag here bro, 87naira confirmed and no queue at all

What area in lag bro??
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by fx45(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
coolbis:
So what change is your PMB bringing if the status quo remains?
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by kjhova(m): 12:51am On Aug 12, 2015
All of these political anti PMB talk is actually appalling & childish. Whoever won the March 28 elections, our present economic situation was bound to happen. The difference is how GEJ or PMB would go about digging us out of it.

PMB has obviously decided to engage the international community, tackle insecurity, stem theft & larceny in public institutions and invest in infrastructure. The critical issue is that our public exchequer is empty & there's so little funds to invest in public works. The government has to get aggressive in recovery of our recently stolen commonwealth if we are to get anywhere.

The reason why petroleum products prices are high is because of insufficient supply which is due to government being broke due to mismanagement in the last few years.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 12, 2015
coolbis:
Shameless liar! Do you live in the southeast? I've lived in the southeast for almost 2 decades. Fuel sold for govt approved price in the whole of southeast all thru the last regime, except during rare period of general scarcity. In fact, at a certain point, we bought fuel #1 less than govt approved price.

God punish all liars
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by Maximum222: 3:45am On Aug 12, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
It seems we have a super-clueless govt that can't even manage ongoing projects inherited from it's predecessor

Since May 29, we've not been able to buy fuel at govt approved #87 in the whole of the south east and many other parts of the country. Prices fluctuates between #105 and 110. Even NNPC Mega stations now hardly ever have fuel. It seems we're back to the dark era (obj and yar adua era) when govt subsidized fuel for only Lagos and Abuja, while the rest of Nigeria should go and die.

In the last regime, we bought fuel at govt approved prices for the most part, except during rare general fuel scarcity. Using public fund to subsidize fuel for only Lagos and Abuja, and maybe a few other cities, cannot be said to be fair. It's either the subsidy goes round, as much as possible or they scrap it entirely. And it is possible to go round because it went round in the last regime, just that govt will have to pay more for fuel subsidy because more volumes will obviously be needed.

This govt should get down to work already and roll out it's programmes and policies rather expend energy and scarce resources on propaganda and trying to lay claim to projects and programmes of the last administration

saTaoid,wailing wailer,i no u can not c anything good from thix govt.just chill after our stolen comon whealth is recovered from yr sponsors,u will c more development even in yr houx
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by jpphilips(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
tuniski:
the question is ; what is the Selling price of pms from our refineries? If subsidy is paid on imported products, is it being Paid locally too?these people are just deceiving themselves. Since we became self sufficient in cement production, it has never been cheaper. What then is the hype?

The lower the intl. crude price, the less subsidy you pay on locally refined products, at present, I think there should be no subsidy for locally refined products because the price of crude is pretty low.
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by jpphilips(m): 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Shameless liar! Do you live in the southeast? I've lived in the southeast for almost 2 decades. Fuel sold for govt approved price in the whole of southeast all thru the last regime, except during rare period of general scarcity. In fact, at a certain point, we bought fuel #1 less than govt approved price.

God punish all liars

Where does the petrol sold in the south east come from? so we can calculate the cost to know how much you pay, to say you have lived in the SE for 2 decades and bought PMS at the Govt rate throughout the last regime is not only a lie but also a mockery of your own sensibilities.
Sometimes when you want to criticize, don't leave your brain at home.
With the structure on ground now, petrol cannot sell at government rate in the southeast except at mega stations, whether you even understand the structure on ground is another story for the gods.
Sometimes you are more useful when you shut the fvck up!!
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by tuniski: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
jpphilips:

The lower the intl. crude price, the less subsidy you pay on locally refined products, at present, I think there should be no subsidy for locally refined products because the price of crude is pretty low.
at no point should subsidy be paid on locally produced petroleum products cos we own the crude and the production mechanism. Abi govt they pay it self? It is gimmick to say the least. Whatever happens in the international market should not affect local refining! I am yet to hear that products from our refinery are cheaper!
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
jpphilips:

Where does the petrol sold in the south east come from? so we can calculate the cost to know how much you pay, to say you have lived in the SE for 2 decades and bought PMS at the Govt rate throughout the last regime is not only a lie but also a mockery of your own sensibilities.
Sometimes when you want to criticize, don't leave your brain at home.
With the structure on ground now, petrol cannot sell at government rate in the southeast except at mega stations, whether you even understand the structure on ground is another story for the gods.
Sometimes you are more useful when you shut the fvck up!!
U can't just generalise. Petrol sold for 87 fru out last yr in PH
Re: Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail by guntranno(f): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
fx45:

You are right... It's about the populace. Since the time of Obasanjo, they've been selling Kero at over #100 except at the NNPC mega station around Zone1 that sells at #50 per litre. The queue alone long reach heaven.

Sometime last year, I remembered when I asked and was told #180 and #155 at different times.

Recently, I asked how much they pump at another NNPC semi-mega station in Lagos but was stunned when I was told #160

This issue of Kero has been lingering long before now.

Note: I have seen any justification whatsoever for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Panic As Police Shoot Sporadically In Osun Ahead Of Rerun Election. Photos / Meet Dr. Sanusi Ohiare, The Youngest Executive Director In Nigeria / Femi FaniKayode: If Cows Were Affected By Coronavirus, What Buhari Would've Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.