Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari (44634 Views)

Magu Can Serve Indefinitely, Presidential Committee Tells Buhari / Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Chubhie: 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
babestella:

Please stop dreaming, nobody is guilty until the court says so, we have a constitution & a law, we are not in a military government. Things must be done with civility and not kangaroo justice where the accused is already pronounced guilty by the media before trial. If you can't live with that, try Afghanistan.
Tell a process so far undertaken by PMB against corruption that's akin to Afgan? Don't be scared okay. It will even be televised on national television. You need to wake up and smell the coffee cos it ain't business as usual. What's in it for you that you seem scared?

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by authority2006(m): 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Shekau1:
I think your getting them wrong their in support of the fight against corruption but in a civil way
And what was not civil in what the agencies have done so far? I need enlightenment pls.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
babestella:
Buhari and APC must stop all these media trial. If GEJ or anyone is accused, let the courts handle the case and if found guilty let the person pay for his or her crimes. All these name calling and reeling out of bogus figures to hoodwink Nigerians will in end not work. Get down to work. Arrest and prosecute and stop ranting and making noise.
True talk. You are the first to make a sensible comment so far. This is all what the committee is telling buhari. The ediots commenting before you are daft, dumb and are part of the National problem.

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by oribi(m): 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
i dislike naija principle why chase only one regime when all are corrupt from APC to PDP.
truth be told APC or PDP serves us the same poo...
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by melvin0004(m): 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
ckmayoca:
If GEJ is clean why is he worried? And if he isn't then he shld give what that belong to ceaser back to him. Abdul Salam shey u dey fear halliburton too ni?
Buhari is involved 2
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by KanwuliaJara: 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
No kidding! grin
What do you expect from BARRACK Touts? grin
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by melvin0004(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
uselessgoat:
[size=13pt]

This so called ABDULSALAM is a big stumbling block to the fight against corruption with his bogus peace committee begging for leniency for criminals.

GEJ AND NNAMDI KANU MUST BE TRIED AND SENT TO LIFE JAIL. enough is enuf[/size]
wot brought nnamdi kanu 2 dis topic.....oga ur moniker says it all........
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by searay(m): 7:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
cleatoris:
This Abdulsalami guy is feeling funky. Military wise, he is by far Buhari's junior. He shouldn't think of dictating for the president like they did for the clueless Jonathan.

So it is only in military era that criminals and treasury looters can be prosecuted?
If that's the case, how many looters did he summon the courage to bring to book during his rule?

You did not read this part
"I think what we are concerned about is process. It is no longer a military regime, and under our existing laws, everybody is innocent until proven guilty.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Kzinne:
u have no understandng how the law works so shut up

You debate like a toddler.

I considered your request but regrettably must decline. Hope you understand grin
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by CuteTj(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
anwo247:
Tell the dullard please

#DauraDullard

Even though nothing dey your brain for saying Daura President but I must give Dat your picture a thumbs up. It really cracked me up. Thanks for it.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by 989900: 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Did anyone else read the article, it didn't have any sense/direction to me. Can someone help?
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by kaypound(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
merry02:
he responsible than ur Obj,buhari,ibb et al...... He handed over to civilian regime and facilitated the smooth transition government btw Jonathan and buhari....does it mean that everything that buhari do is right?how would a democratic president encourage a trial without proper step?pls let's be objective in our submission cos it may be another party/person tomorrow..some of you shout ecomium on Obj today despite his hypocrite and inhuman...he made yaradua a president despite his ill health,jonathan that knws nothin about government.....only God can judge them
Oga Ade i am not an Obj fan...i am after good governance. Abdulsalaam handed over to a civilian president after looting the country dry...wikileaks records him as one of the most corrupt presidents Nigeria ever had. MKO died under mysterious circumstances under his watch. He has his many skeletons my brother. After stealing so much he was still involved....haliburton scandal and he owns the biggest power plant (intergrated energy distribution) in the Nigeria bought with our money. He should just go and rest and enjoy his loot before history judges him while still alive...
he should allow Buhari sanitize the country of corruption and not trying to hinder the man with his thieving comittee.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by 989900: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
kaypound:

Oga Ade i am not an Obj fan...i am after good governance. Abdulsalaam handed over to a civilian president after looting the country dry...wikileaks records him as one of the most corrupt presidents Nigeria ever had. MKO died under mysterious circumstances under his watch. He has his many skeletons my brother. After stealing so much he was still involved....haliburton scandal and he owns the biggest power plant (intergrated energy distribution) in the Nigeria bought with our money. He should just go and rest and enjoy his loot before history judges him while still alive...
he should allow Buhari sanitize the country of corruption and not trying to hinder the man with his thieving comittee.

He would not because himself is as corrupt as scoliosis.
IBB is pulling his strings as we speak, they all know probing GEJ will eventually lead to them one way or the other.
It's up to we 'the people', to stand up and stand by the president; make sure he does our bid in lieu of the same set of people that've ruined the country --Buhari is willing -- and he needs our support!
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Shekau1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
authority2006:
And what was not civil in what the agencies have done so far? I need enlightenment pls.
detaining GEJ CSO for days in SS headquarters
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by gagewonda(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Im not against going after corrupt individuals bt im disturbed by wat I see on d news nowadays....buhari will probe dis, buhari will probe dat....so our anti graft agencies need buhari to tell dem to do der job? its a worrisome situation nd I expect buhari to work hard to strengthen these agencies rather dan personalising d anti graft war nd mking efcc nd co his bull dogs dat only go after who he wants dem to chase
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by just4now(m): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jonathan you see yourself, see where you let people push you. Those thieves you allowed stealing our money under your watch must be prosecuted. lf you are found wanting, sorry to see you behind bars. Nevertheless, we must realize that selective justice is no justice. Buhari government can't say it will limit the probe to Jonathan, don't forget, with such action he is giving wrong impression to Niger delta militants and region he is selective and unfair in his anti-corruption drive. No one is above the law we are equally liable under the law there should be no preference all who has stolen must restore their loots up till last fifteen years. Peace must reign at all cost, this should be the president stance regardless and he should not allow cabals to scuffle his government and efforts. Let's all support and pray for mr president to succeed in his quest to restore our dear nation. Thanks.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
some people are scared of jail time.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by enocan4life: 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
These elders should not feel as if they ate responsible for what we are enjoying today. Why should any right thinking person oppose fight against corruption?
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by kaypound(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
989900:

He would not because himself is as corrupt as sciliosis.
IBB is pulling his strings as we speak, they all know probing GEJ will eventually lead to them one way or the other.
It's up to we 'the people', to stand up and stand by the president; make sure he does our bid in lieu of the same set of people that've ruined the country --Buhari is willing -- and he needs our support!
that is the spirit my brother....you ave said it all.
we should all stand behind buhari during this period.
it is when these things affects them directly you hear them falling sick, shouting rule of law, democratic process etc...
the common man hasnt enjoy the dividends of the democracy and they dont care.
the common man is dying everyday on the streets they dont shout due process...
Allu 4 is still fresh in our minds they have refused to bring the culprits to book...
A man steals a goat in osogbo they sentence him to endless prison without trial
but when they steal billions of dollars that is meant for our health care that will reduce child and mother motarlity...they will remember rule of law...they fall sick...then they have endless trials in courts that never end (and they walk without any sentencing) because they keep changing the judge and sabotaging the efforts of the law and anit corruption cases.
I just hope our hopes wont be dashed just like the fani-kayode case...because even some of our judges are a bunch of jokers and corrupt mofos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
freedom96:
Yes and idiots are angry that he's.Whats wrong in having a good person come back after 45years?If Jesus come back to life today,will you allow him to lead you?Well he died over a millenium ago.

Dem say we na d leaders of tomorrow yet a full grown man who was petroleum minister 45 years ago is now the president.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by enocan4life: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
These elders should not feel as if they are responsible for what we are enjoying today. Why should any right thinking person oppose fight against corruption?
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by freedom96: 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
chuna1985:

Dem say we na d leaders of tomorrow yet a full grown man who was petroleum minister 45 years ago is now the president.
Bros,believe me if not for this "man",chances of having youths in government are next to zero.Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by mceze(m): 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
kennyman2000:
with the way this kukah is talking.. His aggressiveness and outburst seems to be of that someone who has been paid 200million naira to go and convince buhari to drop the corruption cases..

But, shey baba go hear... NO! Old soldier no dey gree..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.

Kukah is nothing but a thief disguising himself as a man of God...He should be happy and support such development
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by belloabdulrazaq(m): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
midolian:
Fvck the peace committee.. All these criminals must be brought to book. I don't fvcking care how undecided

The guilty and the brainwashed see buhari's fight against corruption as a "witch-hunt", but we, the well-meaning Nigerians see it as "progress-hunt". Naija must move forward!
God bless U.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by CORRECTMAN78(m): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Real men who understood what peace actually meant are trying hard to save Nigeria from chaos! But the miscratnts of the sw and northern Nigeria, in their prejuidice and sentiment echoes, "jail GEJ".

They forgot that their two monsters, OBJ and ThiefTinubu are the propagators of corruption. Any other corrupt person in Nigeria is 2nd to the above mentioned notorious men.

As gullible as most APC supporters could be, Amechi is corrupt-free cause he is a member of APC.
Sentiments and tribalism has brought Nigeria to her kneel, and will stil do worst than that.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by IYANGBALI: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
the guilty are afraid. Baba plobe them all grin
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by belloabdulrazaq(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Demex40:
If all the stolen national money would b re-funded, then i urge PMB 2 continue with what he has started!!
God bless U.
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Yorobastard(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
I don't believe this...I smell hypocrisy....why coming out to say that this is not a military regime after going into a secret meeting with buhari
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by Remii(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Abdulsalam was mentioned in Halliburton bribery case so they are not only to bail out GEJ, if you got my drift, grin
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by belloabdulrazaq(m): 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
sukkot:
this father christmas looking nigga named abdusalam needs to be flogged with cane. he talks too much
thank u jare
Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by InglishTeechar(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
midolian:
Fvck the peace committee.. All these criminals must be brought to book. I don't fvcking care how undecided

The guilty and the brainwashed see buhari's fight against corruption as a "witch-hunt", but we, the well-meaning Nigerians see it as "progress-hunt". Naija must move forward!

Sharrap, you are not a well meaning Nigerian. Have you forgotten the effort of this committee during the elections when Nigeria could have witnessed a civil war? I no blame you, if to say we go war you no for see phone or network to type this rubbish. just because you love APC no mean say make you no dey apply sense even if na small sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari by belloabdulrazaq(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
freedom96:
your father grin must enjoy change whether he likes it or not.U get me? grin

We must change u,we must develop Nigeria! cool
God bless U.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN / Soldiers Nab Bomb Makers In Gombe (see What They Recovered) / Boko Haram Beheads Governor Gaidam’s Bodyguard, Others Flee (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.