Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam (1029 Views)

I Am Not A Founder Or Sponsor Of Boko Haram,sheriff Shouts At Kayode / I'm Not A Founder Or Sponsor Of Boko Haram Sect - Ali Modu Sheriff / A Pastor A "Netanyahu" & A Former Editor: Meet Buhari's Latest Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Freegift75: 7:04am On Aug 12, 2015
www.dailypost.ng/2015/08/04/c-s-pastor-dumps-christianity-for-islam-converts-church-to-mosque/

The founder and leader of Apata Adura Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Ekute, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State,
former Pastor Adekunle Afolabi has converted to Islam.

Afolabi accepted the teachings of Prophet Muhammadu (SAW) after practicing Christianity for over 25 years where he even rose to become the General Overseer of his church.

Explaining the reason behind his conversion, the 45-year- old man now addressed as Alfa Abubakar Afolabi, said he had a divine encounter with a stranger in his dreams.

He said the man showed him certain flaws in Christianity and convinced him that indeed Islam is the only religion that leads to heaven.

Speaking to The Sun, he said had not regrets swapping to the other religion. On his foray into Islamic region, the cleric said, “I was preparing for the anniversary when I started having dreams that eventually led to my conversion. At first in the dreams, I noticed my members were sitting on the
floor in the church and some of them were covering
their heads. I also saw that people were washing their
hands and feet before entering the church just like it is done in Islam”.

Asked if he still engaged in some spiritual activities like he did while in Christianity, Afolabi said, “rendering spiritual help is given to all men by God for their own use, so the wisdom of it is given to me by God, he didn’t take it away from me because that is different from religion. It is a way of livelihood; so, if any one falls sick, wants to give birth, is having stillbirth, stagnation at work, that is all what we use that for. He showed me places in the Bible where many prayed to God in Islamic way. By this
praying, I mean to kneel down and bow down your head and face down”.

On how his church members reacted when he decided to dump Christianity, he said, “They all left me the day I invited an Imam to come and preach in my church, the day of our anniversary. I have also been stripped of my position as president of our association. The only thing the pastors do once in a while is to call to ask me if indeed I still want to continue in the new faith and I usually confirm it. As for friends, some have stayed, while others have left”.

Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Cutehector(m): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2015
Lmao.... U met d devil mehn...
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2015
Christainity and Christ not the same thing.The former is made while the latter made all things. You can dump religion because it's useless to humanity but you can't dump Christ because He is the key to life.
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by tuffgongjo(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2015
His kettle of agbo.
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2015
u are on ur way to hell.very soon we'll hear "newly turned imam joins book haram" undecided
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by reallest(f): 7:20am On Aug 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:
u are on ur way to hell.very soon we'll hear "newly turned imam joins book haram" undecided

d one u created grin grin
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by bonechamberlain(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2015
as expected, the white and red garment pastors. do they even call themselves pastor or prophet.
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by reallest(f): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2015
Freegift75:

www.dailypost.ng/2015/08/04/c-s-pastor-dumps-christianity-for-islam-converts-church-to-mosque/

The founder and leader of Apata Adura Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Ekute, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State,
former Pastor Adekunle Afolabi has converted to Islam.

Afolabi accepted the teachings of Prophet Muhammadu (SAW) after practicing Christianity for over 25 years where he even rose to become the General Overseer of his church.

Explaining the reason behind his conversion, the 45-year- old man now addressed as Alfa Abubakar Afolabi, said he had a divine encounter with a stranger in his dreams.

He said the man showed him certain flaws in Christianity and convinced him that indeed Islam is the only religion that leads to heaven.

Speaking to The Sun, he said had not regrets swapping to the other religion. On his foray into Islamic region, the cleric said, “I was preparing for the anniversary when I started having dreams that eventually led to my conversion. At first in the dreams, I noticed my members were sitting on the
floor in the church and some of them were covering
their heads. I also saw that people were washing their
hands and feet before entering the church just like it is done in Islam”.

Asked if he still engaged in some spiritual activities like he did while in Christianity, Afolabi said, “rendering spiritual help is given to all men by God for their own use, so the wisdom of it is given to me by God, he didn’t take it away from me because that is different from religion. It is a way of livelihood; so, if any one falls sick, wants to give birth, is having stillbirth, stagnation at work, that is all what we use that for. He showed me places in the Bible where many prayed to God in Islamic way. By this
praying, I mean to kneel down and bow down your head and face down”.

On how his church members reacted when he decided to dump Christianity, he said, “They all left me the day I invited an Imam to come and preach in my church, the day of our anniversary. I have also been stripped of my position as president of our association. The only thing the pastors do once in a while is to call to ask me if indeed I still want to continue in the new faith and I usually confirm it. As for friends, some have stayed, while others have left”.
[right][/right]

TRASH
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by dhardline(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2015
From the write up its obvious he was a muslim by birth then converted to christianity and then goes back to being a muslim while having a little of traditional spiritism by his side.Talk about being a confusionist.
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Advans(m): 7:40am On Aug 12, 2015
bonechamberlain:
as expected, the white and red garment pastors. do they even call themselves pastor or prophet.

caution ursef man! we are d real followers of christ
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by temitemi1(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2015
SMH for the imam...
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Demmocrats(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Christainity and Christ not the same thing.The former is made while the latter made all things. You can dump religion because it's useless to humanity but you can't dump Christ because He is the key to life.

You said it all am only adding the full stop
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by bonechamberlain(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2015
Advans:

caution ursef man! we are d real followers of christ
OK continue following christ by decamping to the Mohammedans.
Re: Pastor, A Founder Dumps Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Good for u alfa abi pastor, you are free to embrace any religion.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Udom Emmanuel To Perform Groundbreaking For AIT Transmission Station Abak / Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze / Sylva Surrenders, Accepts Cancellation Of Victory At APC Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.