Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title (44896 Views)

2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by successinlife: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Almost done.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by rockiedink(m): 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Up NEPA!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by rockiedink(m): 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
New backboard fixed!

Can we go ahead with this game and finish whipping the Ugandans? cool
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by rockiedink(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
Game on!

OkOkoye (who broke the glass initially) restarts with a couple of free throws! cool cool cool
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
92:56
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
Game re-starts 93-56
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Olawasere dunked grin
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
These Ugandans would wish the glass broke more often.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Okoye with a 3-pointer!
98-59
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Full time
Uganda 59-98 Nigeria

2 wins out of 2, and 4 points.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Game ends 98-59. CFCFan didn't get 100 points
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 7:46am On Aug 22, 2015
You can rewatch Nigeria's games online for free on the Afrobasket site and Youtube.

Follow the links below

http://www.fiba.com/afrobasket/2015/Nigeria

http://www.youtube.com/fiba

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Havilah93(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2015
@CFCfan, @successinlife, nice work with the commentaries for those of us who can't catch up with the game. the game.

D'tigers doing well so far. . .

When is our next game, and against which opponent?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2015
Is that Uzor guy in the team? Our coach should go after Jalil Okafor. That guy will add quality to our team in the future.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Nigeria is currently ranked number 1 in the competition in terms of points per game and difference in scorelines. Meanwhile H2H with Tunisia, we played 88-63 with CAF, Tunisia played 68-53 with same team. Tunisia played 77-55 with Uganda and we played 98-59 with same team. Hopefully we continue the winning streak

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2015
Havilah93:
@CFCfan, @successinlife, nice work with the commentaries for those of us who can't catch up with the game. the game.

next game is tomorrow by 9pm(or 10) against Tunisia
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by isaiah9(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2015
LagosEconomist:
You can rewatch Nigeria's games online for free on the Afrobasket site and Youtube.

Follow the links below

http://www.fiba.com/afrobasket/2015/Nigeria

http://www.youtube.com/fiba
chairman none of them have the full game video only the highlight. Why is it so hard to get afrobasket full matches videos, i've searched and searched but still can't get it
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by luvablesam(m): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
safarigirl:
Nigeria is currently ranked number 1 in the competition in terms of points per game and difference in scorelines. Meanwhile H2H with Tunisia, we played 88-63 with CAF, Tunisia played 68-53 with same team. Tunisia played 77-55 with Uganda and we played 98-59 with same team. Hopefully we continue the winning streak

Madam,this isn't football that they use head to head as a way to judge teams...We have a good scoring ratio n they got a tight defense,period!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
Havilah93:

Thanks. The next game v Tunisia, tomorrow at 9pm.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
luvablesam:

Madam,this isn't football that they use head to head as a way to judge teams...We have a good scoring ratio n they got a tight defense,period!
uncle, don't address me like i'm dumb. You just came here to look for trouble and post an irrelevant info. If they have a tighter defense, it won't help against a high-scoring team, attack wins games, not defense, ask USA, and that is EXACTLY like football. Besides, I added that 'HOPEFULLY' our streak continues, nowhere did I give Nigeria victory over Tunisia, so your point is moot. You no post since, na now you wan form who sabi.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by luvablesam(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
safarigirl:
uncle, don't address me like i'm dumb. You just came here to look for trouble and post an irrelevant info. If they have a tighter defense, it won't help against a high-scoring team, attack wins games, not defense, ask USA, and that is EXACTLY like football. Besides, I added that 'HOPEFULLY' our streak continues, nowhere did I give Nigeria victory over Tunisia, so your point is moot. You no post since, na now you wan form who sabi.

Am not trying to make u look dumb....i just made a simple remark. Check the first page of the thread,apart from the OP I was the only person that commented for a whole week.
If tight defenses don't win games,ask Germany(2014 WC) Or Chelsea in EPL,how they win games if not through their lovely defense(since u seem to know soccer well).
As per AFROBASKET,ask Senegal how they won us in 2013 if not for a good defense that checked our free scoring forwards n outscoring us in a low scoring match. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
luvablesam:

Am not trying to make u look dumb....i just made a simple remark. Check the first page of the thread,apart from the OP I was the only person that commented for a whole week.
If tight defenses don't win games,ask Germany(2014 WC) Or Chelsea in EPL,how they win games if not through their lovely defense(since u seem to know soccer well).
As per AFROBASKET,ask Senegal how they won us in 2013 if not for a good defense that checked our free scoring forwards n outscoring us in a low scoring match. Shalom
now you bring in football after stating "this is basketball, not football". I posted a remark as well, I got the stats from the site, your ITK wasn't necessary and was a jab I didn't appreciate. It offended and hurt me cuz it came off as "shut up when we're talking things you know nothing of"...I didn't say we would win based on that, I was being optimistic and you just shot me down. You shouldn't shoot people down like that oga. Good evening
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by luvablesam(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
safarigirl:
now you bring in football after stating "this is basketball, not football". I posted a remark as well, I got the stats from the site, your ITK wasn't necessary and was a jab I didn't appreciate. It offended and hurt me cuz it came off as "shut up when we're talking things you know nothing of"...I didn't say we would win based on that, I was being optimistic and you just shot me down. You shouldn't shoot people down like that oga. Good evening
Am so sorry if I hurt ur feelings.....never meant to. Am so sorry....peace now?

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
Breaking news: Ike Diogu will be available for the knockout rounds.

Source: Nigeria basketball twitter handle
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2015
luvablesam:
Am so sorry if I hurt ur feelings.....never meant to. Am so sorry....peace now?
peace

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
anyone up for this decider? Nigeria to blow Tunisia away....link on the way.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Game about to begin
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
Crowd really urging Tunisia on. 7-0 tunisia lead.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
11-0. Tunisia leading. Nigeria yet to register a point!
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Was 17-2 when the gen was turned off, what's the score now? Wey all the peeps wey dey watch other games?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
I wish the guys all the best against the Tunis...no light here and I am too lazy to start gen !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa / Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.