Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title (44898 Views)

2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by klarrychenko94: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
safarigirl:
Was 17-2 when the gen was turned off, what's the score now? Wey all the peeps wey dey watch other games?
Nigeria 30-39 Tunisia..........Halftime
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
Half time. Lead is still about 10 points Tunisia.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
klarrychenko94:
Nigeria 30-39 Tunisia..........Halftime
thanks. Much more encouraging score-line
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by peterd53(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
OPERA.SPORT.COM 4 live updates
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
After the 1st half...
Tunisia 39 Nigeria 30

Nigeria shooting 50% on 3 point range but turnover, lack of spacing, and too many fouls leading to free throws has cost them...

Hope they play better in 2nd half...

Sleep calls
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Arsenate(m): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
update guys... pls tell us what's happening
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by whales88: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Q3 Tun 52- Nig 30
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by peterd53(m): 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
NIG 49 TUN 57
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Final scores-- Nigeria 59 Tunisia 70

Nigeria can still improve especially on defense and also movement of the ball..

Knock out stages begin...

Wish them all the best
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 24, 2015
embarassed
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 3:15am On Aug 24, 2015
CFCfan:
Nigeria's next game is against Mali, in the Round of 16 on Tuesday.

It will be against the winner of Mozambique and Morocco. We now play the 3rd team in Group B.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2015
LagosEconomist:

It will be against the winner of Mozambique and Morocco. We now play the 3rd team in Group B.
Ok. Got my info from wiki
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by LagosEconomist: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
Confirmed. Nigeria to play Mozambique in the last game on Wednesday. If we get past that, it will probably be Cape Verde next on Thursday (that is where a deep bench could be an advantage)
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by goldfish80(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2015
D'tigers should improve on their defense. I wasn't impressed with their game against Tunisia. The defense was all over the place and nobody seems to take the game by the scruff of the neck offensively. I think Okoye should be given more time on the floor, that fella can light up the fireworks if he's in the mood like I saw him do in their penultimate game in 2013 where he racked up about 30 points.

Ike Diogu if fit should come in handy in this later stages as he's our best scorer on the floor.

Lawal cannot afford to have another poor game.
Aminu must step up to the plate, I personally think he will play better with Diogu on the floor. They seem to have a degree of chemistry between them.

The stakes are so high now with the Olympic ticket on the line. I will have a nervous breakdown if they don't pick up the Olympics ticket.

Finally, I don't understand why a solid shooter like the kano pillars guy Usman is not on this team. Stanley Gumut was chosen ahead of him in the last afrobasket. What exactly will the guy do to get on the team, did he piss on a sacred alter or something? Even Matthew Omonya deserves a look in. In my opinion of course.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2015
It's the top 4 teams that make it to the olympics, right?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Arsenate(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
LagosEconomist:
Confirmed. Nigeria to play Mozambique in the last game on Wednesday. If we get past that, it will probably be Cape Verde next on Thursday (that is where a deep bench could be an advantage)
not an easy route. the Portuguese speaking African countries are difficult customers when it comes to basketball.
all the best to d'tigers
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
It's the top 4 teams that make it to the olympics, right?
Only the winner qualifies directly to the Olympics. The others will need a wild-card invitation to FIBA's Olympic qualification tourney, as a last chance to qualify.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
Arsenate:
not an easy route. the Portuguese speaking African countries are difficult customers when it comes to basketball.
all the best to d'tigers
Does it have anything to do with them speaking Portuguese? I don't see Portugal and Brazil dominating basketball anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by shizzy7(f): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
GO!!!! D'TIGERS COME HOME WITH THE CUP I AM YOUR NUMBER 1 FAN!! and I LOVE YOU!!!

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by shizzy7(f): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
GO!!!! D'TIGERS COME HOME WITH THE CUP
I AM YOUR NUMBER 1 FAN!! and
I LOVE YOU!!!

DEAL WITH MOZAMBIQUE TOMORROW

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by shizzy7(f): 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
LagosEconomist:

We are good enough to beat any team in the tournament and can't be scared.

You have to beat the best to be the best, and there is only one goal here. Win and get the Olympic ticket.

If it makes you feel better, Angola will likely be first or second in group B, and will face the team that is third or fourth in our group, so we will probably not meet till the latter stages of the tournament.
We need to Dethrone that country
A king doesn't rule Forever

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by luvablesam(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
Angola was lucky today defeating CAR 62-61....with 2seconds to the end the scored their last basket. Hope we watch n learn
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
luvablesam:
Angola was lucky today defeating CAR 62-61....with 2seconds to the end the scored their last basket. Hope we watch n learn
worst way to lose. When is our game?
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by robosky02(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:

its our time to kill them off
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nigeria and basketball
Hmmmm.
Never knew those two have started appearing in one sentence
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by safarigirl(f): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
girly00zero:
Nigeria and basketball
Hmmmm.
Never knew those two have started appearing in one sentence
Nigeria is the 3rd best basketball team in Africa, 24th in the world.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by luvablesam(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
Tomorrow in the evening
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by olapluto(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
Tunisia losing with 34 seconds remaining! Nigeria really dodged a bullet in letting Tunisia take the group.
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
Nigeria is the 3rd best basketball team in Africa, 24th in the world.

thanks for the enlightenment.
I just never knew about that.

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
Morocco almost beat up Tunisia... What a block from the Tunisian player...

Overtime they go...

Nigeria so lucky to avoid those Morocco guys...
Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Havilah93(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Seamareggae:
Morocco almost beat up Tunisia... What a block from the Tunisian player...

Overtime they go...

Nigeria so lucky to avoid those Morocco guys...

Well, to be the best, you have to beat the best, isn't it? If we want to win this tournament, dodging teams is not an option. We have to beat them all! Take no prisoners!!!

1 Like

Re: Afrobasket 2015 - Nigeria on the march to elusive first African Title by Seamareggae(m): 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2015
Havilah93:

Well, to be the best, you have to beat the best, isn't it? If we want to win this tournament, dodging teams is not an option. We have to beat them all! Take no prisoners!!!
Well U can still avoid the some of the best during the knock out stage... Nd still win...

I just want Nigeria to lift the trophy..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa / Asisat Oshoala Leaves Barcelona. Moves To Bay City FC. / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.