Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation (2789 Views)

Biafra: INM Calls For Probe As Group Fingers Obiano, Ekweremadu As Kanu Sponsors / Godswill Akpabio Returns Home After His Invitation By The EFCC / Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by mex004(m): 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
doctokwus:

It doesn't matter if it was instigated by Tinubu or whoever; the point is that there are documented allegations of fraud against fashola not just over the website scam but in some other projects.
He should go answer those queries at the EFCC;if not guilty he can continue his political carrier, if guilty he should face d law and forget any cabinet post.
The days of allowing sentiments becloud our sense of judgement/justice and allowing tainted individuals to be part of the govt under PMB are over.

Hmmmm.....
This is your most reasonable comment on nairaland.....
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by luvmijeje(f): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
doncaster:
How can state agency award contract for tundefashola.com?

They can if it falls within their preview. The Lagos State procurement agency has the power to award contract after due process have been follow. For more info check out
http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/

To your question, I'm not not Fashola attorney but as at the time the contract was contracted Fashola was the Governor which means he was a public official and the website was reporting official assignment he carried out. So yes the agency can award contract based on that.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by luvmijeje(f): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
aresa:

Let me cut through the chase and just agree with you that Fashola awarded and approved the contract for the sake of argument because I see where you are heading.

The governor came out already to deny ever paying the said amount, he said they spent N10 million and not N78 million.

So, in whose court is the ball now? The state of course.

Why not just produce documented facts to prove that that Fashola actually spent N78 million and also that Fashola was personally paid for the contract.

They should just go ahead and produce the contract terms spelling out what was ordered, the amount negotiated and paid, who was paid, who the checks was written to and who cashed the checks.

This is how you get to the bottom of issues, not by posting some random and meaningless numbers on a website.

The courts won't accept website posting as evidence of guilt unless it's accompanied with facts stating categorically who was paid and how much.

If people are really concerned, they should be demanding contract and payment documentation, not meaningless posting on a government website...

You can not convict or jail anybody with posting on a government website. PERIOD.

Totally agreed. We both know the state government will never dare such but this issue is casting a shadow over Fashola's name. And I'm wondering if Fashola is that innocent why is he not going a step further through releasing of necessary documents? Why is he playing defensive?
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by aresa: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
luvmijeje:

Totally agreed. We both know the state government will never dare such but this issue is casting a shadow over Fashola's name. And I'm wondering if Fashola is that innocent why is he not going a step further through releasing of necessary documents? Why is he playing defensive?

I see what you are saying, but Fashola is a private citizen with zero access to official state documents and this is no secrete to the folks peddling the unsubstantiated rubbish.

The best he can do is call their bluff by denying and stating categorically how much the state paid, not it's up to the state to put their money where their mouth is and stop acting like cowards...
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by luvmijeje(f): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
aresa:

I see what you are saying, but Fashola is a private citizen with zero access to official state documents and this is no secrete to the folks peddling the unsubstantiated rubbish.

The best he can do is call their bluff by denying and stating categorically how much the state paid, not it's up to the state to put their money where their mouth is and stop acting like cowards...

I see..... I now understand why Ambode went on a sacking spree immediately he resumed as the Governor. But Fashola must find a way of being more proactive.
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by aresa: 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
luvmijeje:

I see..... I now understand why Ambode went on a sacking spree immediately he resumed as the Governor. But Fashola must find a way of being more proactive.

Unfortunately for the former governor, he can not do much beyond seeing them in court with their evidence of wrongdoing and his image as the best Governor of Lagos state and even in Nigeria is cemented in the hearts of Lagosians.

Fashola used to commission multiple projects every week, but Ambode haven't commissioned 1 single projects even though Fashola left behind hundreds of projects in different stages of completion. I'm sure many are ready for commissioning.

Why? Is he staying away from Fashola's projects or denying them completion or funding.?

Something about the guy looks very very off and unsettling..
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by fx45(m): 2:57am On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:
To start with, Fashola did not award any contract, it was awarded by a state agency and to our knowledge, the state and the folks peddling this rubbish are yet to show us who they gave the contract to, who they paid and who cashed the check/s.
The bullet-proof vehicles you crucified Stella Oduah for was acquired by who? A state agency isn't it?

Niggah please!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by aresa: 3:30am On Aug 13, 2015
fx45:
The bullet-proof vehicles you crucified Stella Oduah for was acquired by who? A state agency isn't it?

Niggah please!

Ode confused joker peddling apples and oranges.

With your crooked Oduah, we had receipt and proof of purchase, also who approved and ordered the cars and even signed delivery receipt with names attached to it.

Now go back to the village hole you crawled from and comeback with names of the website contractors, who was paid, amount paid and who cashed the checks..

Beats me why you villagers try so hard to sound so shallow and unintelligent..
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by mercy111(m): 4:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Call us for ur Multifunctional USB Flash Drives, Data Transfer Cable, Charging Cable for both Android Phones/Iphones/Tablets/Computers ------ (All in 1) and also for ur OTG Flash Drive For Smartphones/Tablets/Computers, Monopod Selfie Stick and Mini Light for Laptops/Powerbanks
Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:

4. The largest public works project in Africa is going on in Lagos state aka Lagos 10 lane/Metro/BRT Badagry express.

7. 15 water works cost money

Please tell me a 5year project is now going to 8years(do you know the heavy corruption going on in that project by the past government, even FG wanted to put it on hold because the money borrowed by the past government for the work our unborn generations cannot pay the debt/interest finish). Still the road is not even half completed. So many manpower/hours(multiply the effect to the economy of that environment) lost daily because of the traffic caused by that road.

Please is Lagos State Water Board still working because the last time I remembered seeing their impart is like 20yrs ago, borehole everywhere.

The past government have tried, yes I agree but it's still not half of what is obtainable from government even in countries like Ghana.

And why is it that areas from Mile 2 to badagry (dat side no be lagos) not seeing any of these projects you listed right from tinubu era till now...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by rozayx5(m): 6:28am On Aug 13, 2015
dptrix:

Please tell me a 5year project is now going to 8years(do you know the heavy corruption going on in that project by the past government, even FG wanted to put it on hold because the money borrowed by the past government for the work our unborn generations cannot pay the debt/interest finish). Still the road is not even half completed. So many manpower/hours(multiply the effect to the economy of that environment) lost daily because of the traffic caused by that road.

Please is Lagos State Water Board still working because the last time I remembered seeing their impart is like 20yrs ago, borehole everywhere.

The past government have tried, yes I agree but it's still not half of what is obtainable from government even in countries like Ghana.

And why is it that areas from Mile 2 to badagry (dat side no be lagos) not seeing any of these projects you listed right from tinubu era till now...

if you like live in lekki

if you dont have your private orehole . na water u go buy

fashola.govt was just camera

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Facing EFCC Case As Group Petitions For His Invitation by fx45(m): 8:23am On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:
Ode confused joker peddling apples and oranges.

With your crooked Oduah, we had receipt and proof of purchase, also who approved and ordered the cars and even signed delivery receipt with names attached to it.

Now go back to the village hole you crawled from and comeback with names of the website contractors, who was paid, amount paid and who cashed the checks..

Beats me why you villagers try so hard to sound so shallow and unintelligent..
Ranting and throwing tantrums isn't going to help your case... You're completely missing the plot here....

A state agency under the management of Stella Oduah awarded contracts for, purchased and took delivery of bullet-proof cars. Princess Stella Oduah took the stick for it.

Now according to you, another state agency under the management and supervision of tundefashola.com has awarded contracts for and made payments in lieu of a website upgrade. A cheap paid hack like you is running amok, scampering around and attacking anybody who has a different and unbiased opinion like a rabid dog. What is good for the goose should equally be good for the gander. Tundefashola.com has to take the stick for this. No sacred cows and that's the reality of the Buhari anti-corruption crusade.

Let us kill kwarapshan before it kills us!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Kayode Ogundamisi Exposed Inciting Hausa And Igbo Violence With Fake Pics / Beware Of Another Civil War, US Report "Nigerian Unity In The Balance" / # Live Update Of Nnamdi Kanu's Case#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.