Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! (647 Views)

Intending Groom To Be Buried On His Wedding Day In Anambra State. Photos / Intending Bride And Her Friends Rock Swimsuits (Photos) / Intending Bride & Her Friends Pose With Their Backsides In Bikini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! by cellors: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
In order not to keep deceiving ourselves, we need to realize that there are no two people who come into marriage completely fit into each other’s lifestyle immediately. Irrespective of the number of years spent courting, we still find out that there are a number of underlining concerns to deal with, some lose ends to tighten up, compromises to make, attitudes to shelve, ideas to nurture and characters to model when marriage finally happens.

The main reasons for this is in most cases is due to the fact that there has never been any opportunity to stay under one roof as a couple for 24 straight hours, so there are quite a number of issues that we never had the opportunity to encounter most especially for those who didn’t practice the live-in lover style. This now makes it easier for us to gloss over a lot of issues. But sadly enough, the expectation of so many of us while we go into marriage is that things should just automatically go well, no, it doesn’t happen that way. Marriage takes a process of adjustment.

In as much as it is not out of place to have such an expectation, having courted for a minimum of one year, the assumption is that we should have at least been used to one another properly. But is this realistic? No wonder, quite a lot of marriages break up and no thanks to this strange and cumbersome expectation. Issues happen based on individual differences which need not be allowed to get out of hand if only we are ready to confront them. There is a process of adjustment that we need to realize and negotiate internally with our spouses but before then, let me quickly demystify two misconceptions we have about marriage.

First of all, it is important for us to know that our marriages are just the sincere extension of who we were before walking down the aisle. No miracle of transformation happens on the wedding day per se. The huge misconception here is that we think our partners must have a change of attitude and character in all ramifications the moment we both say “Yes, we do”! That guy can’t change from who he used to be neither has that lady changed a bit. A dishonest guy will keep being dishonest; a sneaky and naturally withdrawn woman will still manifest the same thing in marriage due to the fact that they are who they are. The same thing goes for those who have not been happy with themselves and think marriage will transform them, most times, it fails!
PLEASE CONTINUE FROM HERE: http://expressng.com/2015/08/attention-newlyweds-and-intending-couples-realitywithtid/

1 Like

Re: Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! by ojun50(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! by ChappyChase: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
If I check out that yeye blog, make my d!ck long pass my middle finger!
Re: Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! by Cutehector(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
K
Re: Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! by micklplus(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Well written once again.
This should be useful to intending and new couples.

Cc Lalasticlala, farano, rocktation

(1) (Reply)

Love And Ethnicity! What Is The Way Out ..pls Help / Guys Get In Here! Question For The Day! / Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.