Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment (2534 Views)

I Invited Osinbajo To London To Thank Him ―buhari / Buhari May Cut Fashola's Ministry To Give Way For Kachikwu / Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, on Thursday tasked President Muhammadu Buhari on the ongoing Second Niger Bridge, the Warri Port and some other strategic roads in the state.

Okowa spoke with State House correspondents shortly after a meeting he had with Buhari inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said he decided to visit the President and thank him for the appointment of an indigene of his state as the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation even though the appointment was on merit.

The governor said he also used the opportunity of the meeting to call the President’s attention to the Gas City Project in Ogidigben, Delta State.

He said the project which is a Public Private Partnership would create a lot of jobs for Nigerians.

Okowa said, “We thought that there was the need for that project to be given some strength and we believe it is in the interest of Nigeria and Delta State that that project is carried out.

“Beyond that too, you are also aware that the Warri Port has come alive and even with the refinery that has started, the port’s activities have improved, but there is a problem because of the Excravos basin.”

The governor said the dredging of the “Excravos bar” would help to improve the port’s activities and improve the size of cargos that come to the port.

He said he also reminded the President of the Second Niger Bridge.

“We also reminded Mr. President about the Second Niger Bridge, which is also another PPP arrangement, and the need for the Federal Government to ensure that that PPP arrangement is strengthened.

“Though work is ongoing, we needed to ensure that it is brought to the knowledge of Mr. President, and he has told us that he is receiving information about that and we hope that activities on the Second Niger Bridge is heightened in the next few weeks.

“There is also an intersection of roads between Benin through Asaba to Onitsha by Igbuzu Road which is quite problematic for us. Sometimes, you can experience traffic gridlock in that place, sometimes, you find out that the accident rate on that road is much and we thought too that the best way forward is to have an interchange at the point.

“Being a Federal Government road, we do need to seek for presidential approval even if it may have to be at our own cost and that was brought to the attention of Mr. President,” he added.
http://www.punchng.com/news/okowa-tasks-buhari-on-second-niger-bridge/
Cc lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by ladyF(f): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
Talk about gratitude
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by deadZONE: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
undecided undecided Slave mentality

2 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
Rubbish! South - South Governors, always a disappointment
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Sweetlemon(f): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
hanzdude:
Rubbish! South - South Governors, always a disappointment

Oh! So you are no longer attaching by force, it's now Jealousy ehn?
Stay dere!

9 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Joke of the month.

Soon the brighter and smarter youths from the SS will take over from these funny governors, and then shall the main resource control agitation start.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by merry02(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Foolishness!!!

1 Like

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by politricks: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
This is what is dragging us backwards. Must he visit him before he shows appreciation.

1 Like

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
politricks:
This is what is dragging us backwards. Must he visit him before he shows appreciation.

It shows the quality of folks we have. I just don't seem to understand them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Abugab(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thank PMB for what?
Kachukwu merits his appointment and thus he got it.
Sycophants have started invading the villa ooooo, we thought we have moved past this praise singing era.
Oya Oga Presido block every way of sycophants and praise singers in the Villa.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

It shows the quality of folks we have. I just don't seem to understand them.
Okowa is supposed to be one of the smarter ones, very disappointing to see him reduce to this.

1 Like

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Mogidi: 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
OK
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
SenseiX:

Okowa is supposed to be one of the smarter ones, very disappointing to see him reduce to this.

Maybe there are some other latent reason for doing so.

Bro, I don't know what more to say.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by kokoA(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Even Baba sef go shock naw shocked Used tax payers money to fly all the way to Abuja just to say "thankyou" Shey GSM network no dey Delta abi he no get Baba number PMB, please beware of all these PDP politicians o.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Sweetlemon(f): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Just look at them. Little by little their true colours are showing.
There is nothing like SS/SE
We are two completely different regions.
SE allow us to play our own politics the way we deem fit ok? We are not babies and you aren't our "big brothers"

Thank Goodness and Mercy that my SS people are beginning to wise up and have stopped seeing the rest of Nigeria as their enemies.

6 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Mogidi: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sweetlemon:
SE allow us to play our own politics the way we deem fit ok? We are not babies and you aren't our "big brothers"

[size=15pt]Thank Goodness and Mercy that my SS people[/size] are beginning to wise up and have stopped the rest of Nigeria as their enemies.

Who are your SS people? How many SS people here agree with the vitriol that continuously emanate from nitwits like you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by hinwazaka: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
People fail to read between the lines. Kachukwu's appointment was a PDP affair, and nothing more. His appointment was forced as a deal brokered by the republican party after the huge disappointment that was handed to PMB when he was at the US. Accept his appointment or no guns, that was the deal. You honestly think PMB will hire an easterner to be the farmer who rears the goose that lays the golden egg. Why do you think the peace committee visited him? Why do you think KPMG and Price waters have been hired to audit the accounts? Why is Lai Mohammed all of a sudden crying like a baby with his pampers filled with poo? Why is Okowa the first govenor to pay the president an appreciation visit on an appointment. It is a message, and if you don't understand it, then you will understand nothing

1 Like

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by ArodewilliamsT: 7:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Thank Goodness and Mercy that my SS people are beginning to wise up and have stopped the rest of Nigeria as their enemies.

This yorobaboon, your idiocy never gives up. You have nothing in common Igbos in Asaba.

7 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Happiness87(f): 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
deadZONE:
undecided undecided Slave mentality
op[SenseiX] is the slave, okowa went to woo fg presence to his state not to thank him, even the title on his source is different.
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by atlwireles: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mogidi:

Who are your SS people? How many SS people here agree with the vitriol that continuously emanate from nitwits like you.

Thanks for this comment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Mogidi: 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
atlwireles:
[b][/b]

Thanks for this comment.

Bros that "woman" revealed sometime ago that her mum is Yoruba. Some of these nitwits become SS when it suits them. There's also another girl that used to eulogize Tinubu but would never be seen in any Edo state topic, yet her username is Edogirl. On one hand she proudly displays "Edo" in her name but then refuses to come near Edo matters, who do they think they're fooling?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by wordcat(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Foolishness of the year!
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by atlwireles: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros that "woman" revealed sometime ago that her mum is Yoruba. Some of these nitwits become SS when it suits them. There's also another girl that used to eulogize Tinubu but would never be seen in any Edo state topic, yet her username is Edogirl. On one hand she proudly displays "Edo" in her name but then refuses to come near Edo matters, who do they think they're fooling?

99% of these sai chanters are google based Niger deltans. I blame the internet and the search engines content providers. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Sweetlemon(f): 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mogidi:

I know you are one of those who have ransacked my entire posts on NL looking for the slightest excuse to "expose" me. You can't find anything that's why you've resorted to lies.
I have never seen this kind of desperation to attache in my entire life!
God forbid!
Tufia kwa!

5 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Mogidi: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
atlwireles:

99% of these sai chanters are google based Niger deltans. I blame the internet and the search engines content providers. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Mogidi: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I know you are one of those who have ransacked my entire posts on NL looking for the slightest excuse to "expose" me. You can't find anything that's why you've resorted to lies.
I have never seen this kind of desperation to attache in my entire life!
God forbid!
Tufia kwa!

Me search through your post, not in this life or the next, delusion of grandeur.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
LOL, see as how the wailers have been silenced; they are now grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by GENTLENNAJI(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Men without honour
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
10,000 politicians to defect to APC in bayelsa as Buhari welcomes them.

Delta governor goes to abuja to thank PMB concerning Kachukwu's appointment as NNPC boss.

Are the Ibos left behind in this rapture?
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by ikechu1278: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Thank Goodness and Mercy that my SS people are beginning to wise up and have stopped seeing the rest of Nigeria as their enemies.

You try so desperately to be SS, you highly praise the most ridiculous, stupid, act from any SS just to give off the impression you're SS. Your behavior is highly pathetic, it's disgusting. Go sit somewhere with your disgraceful @ss. Yoloba attache.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by brirold1(m): 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
Call us for ur Multifunctional USB Flash Drives, Data Transfer Cable, Charging Cable for both Android Phones/Iphones/Tablets/Computers ------ (All in 1) and also for ur OTG Flash Drive For Smartphones/Tablets/Computers, Monopod Selfie Stick and Mini Light for Laptops/Powerbanks
Re: Delta Gov Okowa Visits Buhari To Thank Him For Kachikwu's Appointment by ikechu1278: 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
Roots is the dumbest thing I've seen from an deltan. I thought this okowa guy is going to be one of the pride of anioma but it looks like he is going to be one of the biggest disgrace. Sadly, I expected much from an ika. Just f2king pathetic. What's he licking the @ss of buhari for? I swear I'm just embarrassed right now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Yoruba Against Biafra? / Real Reason Why President Muhammadu Buhari May Not Complete His Tenure. / STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.