Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople (7574 Views)

Peter Obi Walking Home On Lagos Bridge After Church Service (Photos) / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO) / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople by SUBWAY101(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
[s]
ARIZONA123:
. It sucks to be heoruba. They can't even boldly name their forsaken state other than to attach themselve to lagos. COWARDS
[/s]

Accursed bastard, you should have tell me to force myself in claiming another state since I dont come from there. I am not yiibhoe that see my state as eldorado or heaven before they can make it. Here are your cursed brothers that were deported for being a nuisance. Go face your cursed red mud land and stop running away from there. Shameless people

Re: Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople by 7lives: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
scholes0:

Benin's former name was Igodomigodo before the Yorubas changed it to Ile Ibini... and later Benin
We Conquered it.....

You want to run a backyard game on Lagos ownership via Benin, I will run that same game on you on the ownership of Benin itself via Yoruba.

It was actually '' Ile ibinu '' the land of anger, and later to Ile ibini, some other names are Ile Ado now Edo.
If you get to Ile- Ife today, you will see the graveyards of ancient Obas of Benin, that place is called " orun oba Ado " meaning the " heaven of obas of Ado ".
The Obas of benin were also omo Oduduwa and so must be return to their roots when they die hence the burial at " orun oba Ado " in Ile-Ife..

2 Likes

Re: Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople by 7lives: 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
scholes0:

Did the Indigenous Yorubas of Lagos make you their spokesperson or what??
loool

O su mi o.
Re: Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople by Olayinka8793(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
Flyoruboy:

You are a fool, simple. Get a map and clean out the border between Lagos and Ogun state and what do you have? A BIG ASS Ogun state swallowing up Lagos. No other group but the Yorubas could be the natural inhabitants of Lagos -- to the West of Lagos is Rep. Of Benin, while Ogun and Ondo are to its East. So either way you wanna look at it, Lagos has ALWAYS been bordered by Yorubaland and her vassals. You no try at all.
LWKMD @big ass Ogun state,bro na my state u dey describe so?,no vex me o
but seriously,it is true,my home is in Ogun state (Agbado in Ifo local govt)but I could walk on foot to some parts of Lagos like Agege,oko oba,iju .et.c just so u know how close Ogun is to Lagos state.
Re: Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople by 7lives: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
huangcheng:

An Igbo man is a natural capitalist, he never wants anything for free and he never offers any goods or service for free. An Igbo man will be the last person to steal a piece of land, he will rather pay a price for the thing he wants and a fair price too. The indigenous people of Lagos have nothing to fear from the Igboman. Rather his fear should be channeled to those who pretend to be their Yoruba brothers by day and orchestrate ways of taking over their land at night.

Can you believe that Tinubu, an Osun man is now the king maker of Lagos, he even influences who becomes the Oba of Lagos. Chai!!! What an insult to Lagos ancestors!! I don't know if you have met the true indigenous Lagosians before, man you should visit Badagry, somewhere under the bridge where they like to gather in sunny afternoons to drink palmwine. You would just love them for their peaceful nature, civility and hospitality.

I cannot say the same for these migrants. They are just so annoying, loud and lack basic manners. They actually have messed up the once peaceful Lagos state i grew up knowing, they brought Agbero, road side markets and other insanity you see around Lagos, they are also very dirty in nature. My Lagosian friends are tired of them but they can't do anything because they are very few.

Igbos will do everything they can to help send these Ogbomosho dwellers back to their evil forests and cursed lands. Why are they running away from their ancestral lands though? The worse is that they never return or plan to return someday.

Its like Ogbomoso people are dealing ruthlessly with so you can't say anything without metioning Ogbomoso.
Anyway my father is from Ogbomoso and your people are also in Ogbomoso constituting themselves into nuisance as you're presently doing in Lagos.
Don't say you're not warned, every Ogbomoso person is a potential black scorpion so tell your folks in Ogbomoso to be careful grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Some History On Lagos And Yoruba Migration - Nigerpeople by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
7lives:

Its like Ogbomoso people are dealing ruthlessly with so you can't say anything without metioning Ogbomoso.
Anyway my father is from Ogbomoso and your people are also in Ogbomoso constituting themselves into nuisance as you're presently doing in Lagos.
Don't say you're not warned, every Ogbomoso person is a potential black scorpion so tell your folks in Ogbomoso to be careful grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

grin grin Who cares? Just head back to whatever evil forest you migrated from and leave Lagos to indigenous Lagosians to manage please. They are tired of being suppressed and marginalized by their sophisticated "brothers".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown / Breaking: Buhari Shows Up, Shock Fayose, Releases Powerful Proof / Unseen Photos Of Governor Obiano And His Wife At Their Wedding 29 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.