Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102236 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hello all, please I need someone to mentor me on this Commonwealth scholarship stuff, send me a pm if you don't mind. I av a lot of questions fa, the EAS isn't going for example, the site doesn't seem user friendly to me etc. I have a university admission that is one of their priority area, do I have to ask the school to nominate me or what and how do I go about it.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Stevostical:
Hello all, please I need someone to mentor me on this Commonwealth scholarship stuff, send me a pm if you don't mind. I av a lot of questions fa, the EAS isn't going for example, the site doesn't seem user friendly to me etc. I have a university admission that is one of their priority area, do I have to ask the school to nominate me or what and how do I go about it.
Are you trying to apply for shared scholarship? If yes, shared scholarship is temporarily closed because of high traffic on EAS portal. It will be reopened on 20th November

2 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 7:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Stevostical:

Honestly, that EAS is not attractive at all smiley . But what can u do than use it as it is. While u're waiting for the EAS to open for Shared again, check if ur course is eligible for Shared scholarship in ur institution. And d schools also usually need one to submit a separate application for the Shared scholarship too. These are things u can do while waiting for the EAS.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Honestly, that EAS is not attractive at all smiley . But what can u do than use it as it is. While u're waiting for the EAS to open for Shared again, check if ur course is eligible for Shared scholarship in ur institution. And d schools also usually need one to submit a separate application for the Shared scholarship too. These are things u can do while waiting for the EAS.
Thanks for your response, the admission I have is eligible for the shared scholarship, are you suggesting I notify the school before applying or what? Besides can I still apply for the fsb if yes, pls help me with the link.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 10:57am On Nov 16, 2015
Stevostical:

Thanks for your response, the admission I have is eligible for the shared scholarship, are you suggesting I notify the school before applying or what? Besides can I still apply for the fsb if yes, pls help me with the link.

If you're going for Shared, check d Commonwealth Scholarship Shared Scheme application procedure on d university website. Most times, there's a sort of Expression of Interest form to submit in addition to ur normal application for the course and the EAS application. Apart from this form, you don't specifically need to notify the school except u have some personal enquiries.

And for the FSB, the deadline is still 19th November for submission. U can still apply.
*Start ur application on the EAS portal - https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSC_AppPortal.ofml
*Info on d scholarship - http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

2 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 11:41am On Nov 16, 2015
ProudOlodo:

If you're going for Shared, check d Commonwealth Scholarship Shared Scheme application procedure on d university website. Most times, there's a sort of Expression of Interest form to submit in addition to ur normal application for the course and the EAS application. Apart from this form, you don't specifically need to notify the school except u have some personal enquiries.

And for the FSB, the deadline is still 19th November for submission. U can still apply.
*Start ur application on the EAS portal - https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSC_AppPortal.ofml
*Info on d scholarship - http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

Tried applying but it was telling me, enter a valid number for the age. For example 50 na valid number na abi na fifty I for write?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by s3nn2x(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
Stevostical:

I think it all depends on the school. Most schools would require you to apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship via EAS website after securing admission in eligible course. But there is a school, University of Bristol to be precise, which requires you for you to apply for admission and indicate it in your application that you want to considered for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship and if your application is successful, you will be asked to fill the EAS website around end of January or Early February. So far, I think it is only University of Bristol that do such.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
Stevostical:

Tried applying but it was telling me, enter a valid number for the age. For example 50 na valid number na abi na fifty I for write?

Lol. Me I no get this kain encounter o. Dem wan turn u Baba 50 by force grin . I'm clueless how to resolve dat bro. Can't even remember dat part
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Lol. Me I no get this kain encounter o. Dem wan turn u Baba 50 by force grin . I'm clueless how to resolve dat bro. Can't even remember dat part

cheesy grin
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
ProudOlodo:

It's under the basic/extra details, they keep saying my age entered in Figure is not a valid number, I entered it in word, still invalid. Me no dey like dis kind stress ooo.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by CarterIV: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hi I tried replying ur PM... Kept bouncing...I hope am safe [quote author=Nony1 post=40057450][/quote]
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by zlatan(m): 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Please is it compulsory to attach an admission letter before submitting your application? I'm yet to get an admission letter from any of the schools I applied to so don't know if I should just submit like that
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=CarterIV post=40098458]Hi I tried replying ur PM... Kept bouncing...I hope am safe [/quote

I couldn't reply yours because it's a private mail so I decided to send you a Pm. Your safe. I appreciate your advice but it's better I just wait till am eligible.thanks.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by distinguished1(m): 8:28am On Nov 17, 2015
Must all referees fill their references before 19th?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2015
distinguished1:
Must all referees fill their references before 19th?
No. But, It's mandatory that they fill the reference report before nomination interview.

2 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by CarterIV: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2015
Wen u start seeing things from my point of view, you will wish you tried it o... [quote author=Nony1 post=40101251][/quote]
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jummaima(f): 9:19am On Nov 17, 2015
House Please,
1. Does it have to be three different courses in three different universities?
2. Or can I have same Course, but in three different universities?

Urgent please. Thanks in advance.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 9:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Jummaima:
House Please,
1. Does it have to be three different courses in three different universities?
2. Or can I have same Course, but in three different universities?

Urgent please. Thanks in advance.

Yea. U could have same course in different universities of 3 different courses in one universities.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 9:42am On Nov 17, 2015
Stevostical:

It's under the basic/extra details, they keep saying my age entered in Figure is not a valid number, I entered it in word, still invalid. Me no dey like dis kind stress ooo.

Hope u finally found a way out of this hitch
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2015
CarterIV:
Wen u start seeing things from my point of view, you will wish you tried it o...

Could you try to send me your email let's talk more. Thanks.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Jummaima(f): 2:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Yea. U could have same course in different universities of 3 different courses in one universities.
A million thanks!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dan2j(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Pls what is the difference btw shared and regular commonwealth scholarship in terms of the benefit to the beneficiaries?

Is it that the beneficiaries of shared scholarships are going to pay part of their fees?
Tnx
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dan2j:
Pls what is the difference btw shared and regular commonwealth scholarship in terms of the benefit to the beneficiaries?

Is it that the beneficiaries of shared scholarships are going to pay part of their fees?
Tnx
No Dan2j, Commonwealth, and Commonwealth Shared scholarship are fully funded scholarship. Beneficiaries aren't required to pay any fee. The difference is that the former is completely funded by Commonwealth Scholarship Council (UK govt department), while the latter is shared between the UK school to which you are applying and CSC. That is why if you are nominated by the school, you already have high probability of getting the scholarship. However, it is very competitive, as you will be competing with candidates for other African countries

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dan2j:

Tnx

And if u're married and planning to take some family with u, d Shared doesn't suit u grin
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lantessy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
ProudOlodo:

And if u're married and planning to take some family with u, d Shared doesn't suit u grin
Your moniker though... grin. You should be opposite
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
ProudOlodo:

NOT really, haven't had time to revisit it. Thanks for your concern.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
ProudOlodo:

NOT really, haven't had time to revisit it. Thanks for your concern.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dan2j(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
ProudOlodo:

lantessy:

No Dan2j, Commonwealth, and Commonwealth Shared scholarship are fully funded scholarship. Beneficiaries aren't required to pay any fee. The difference is that the former is completely funded by Commonwealth Scholarship Council (UK govt department), while the latter is shared between the UK school to which you are applying and CSC. That is why if you are nominated by the school, you already have high probability of getting the scholarship. However, it is very competitive, as you will be competing with candidates for other African countries
Thanks a lot.. I applied for only the commonwealth scholarships. I will hurriedly apply for the shared one before thursday by God's grace
lantessy:

Exactly
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dan2j:

Exactly
lantessy:
smiley
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by 29Ade07: 1:37am On Nov 18, 2015
Can somebody help me with this.

Hello,
To all the aspiring scholars in the house I wish you all God's favour.

I want anybody to please let me know when the CSC USUALLY RELEASE THE FINAL LIST OF SUCCESFUL SCHOLARS YEARLY.

THIS IS OF COURSE AFTER FSB HAS NOMINATED AND SENT THE LIST TO CSC.

WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ProudOlodo: 10:44am On Nov 18, 2015
29Ade07:

Can somebody help me with this.

Hello,
To all the aspiring scholars in the house I wish you all God's favour.

I want anybody to please let me know when the CSC USUALLY RELEASE THE FINAL LIST OF SUCCESFUL SCHOLARS YEARLY.

THIS IS OF COURSE AFTER FSB HAS NOMINATED AND SENT THE LIST TO CSC.

WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST.

I think I'm seeing this the second time now. I have no idea. But dnt u think it's too early to be curious, even b4 interviews and nomination. Just be patient

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / First Bank Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.