Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (28129 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Woman Steals Bride’s Money At Wedding / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by thelish(f): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

If the parents had personally formed a closer tie with their kids monitoring him closely the damage won't be as much as this.

If the western peeps who brought in formal education hardly take their kids to a boarding school, boardings are meant for the orphanage child or children with guardians but here in Nigeria the case is otherwise.

The white people who created boarding school then was because there was limited schools back then and kids would come from far places to study so the best option is to board them. I don't support kids with parents taking their children to a boarding school, if they can't sacrifice their time for their kids why did they then decide to make kids ?
my dear, some of these kids are way better off in the boarding school. My younger sister and I have a different, hardworking, independent attitudes unlike the rest of my siblings who attended day school. Most parents this days, are just too busy to really monitor kids 24hrs of the day. All thanks to hustling. If u can instill good morals in ur kid from childhood, u don't have to be scared of good boarding schools.

2 Likes

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by HerexG(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2015
thelish:
my dear, some of these kids are way better off in the boarding school. My younger sister and I have a different, hardworking, independent attitudes unlike the rest of my siblings who attended day school. Most parents this days, are just too busy to really monitor kids 24hrs of the day. All thanks to hustling. If u can instill good morals in ur kid from childhood, u don't have to be scared of good boarding schools.

You are one of the lucky ones who escaped boarding school nasty practices and acts, I tell you of a truth no matter how busy I'm as a man it will never stop me having a quality time with my kids. I rather not have kids than leaving them in the mercy of some teachers who gat their own worries too.

3 Likes

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by thelish(f): 8:00am On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

You are one of the lucky ones who escaped boarding school nasty practices and acts, I tell you of a truth no matter how busy I'm as a man it will never stop me having a quality time with my kids. I rather not have kids than leaving them in the mercy of some teachers who gat their own worries too.
Thats OK. But what will u say about those kids with close monitoring by their parents who still turn out bad?
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by HerexG(m): 8:10am On Aug 19, 2015
thelish:
Thats OK. But what will u say about those kids with close monitoring by their parents who still turn out bad?

Close monitoring doesn't mean going extreme like caging them, of course I would give them freedom to see life from their on perspective. All I will just do is make them my best friends and them not being scared at my presence, this will enable them open up to me easily so as to guide them through life until maturity.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by vivypretty(f): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

Ain't nothing like doing it yourself my dear, that good teacher too gat his own worries too.

I like you, you sound like a potential great mom. Can I get to know you ?
my dear u cant raise a child alone

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by HerexG(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
vivypretty:

my dear u cant raise a child alone

Yes I won't do it alone , it will have to be I and my sweet wife when I finally find her grin

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by vivypretty(f): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

Yes I won't do it alone , it will have to be I and my sweet wife
not just ur wife dear.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by HerexG(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
vivypretty:
not just ur wife dear.
With who else again dear ?
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Ewuro4: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
When a kid is hell bent on fluttering the rhythm of his/her parents peace then he's definately craving their attention.

I know this for sure.

Parents should realize we now raise different generation who are tailored to seek parents approval in their everyday steps. Why? Because that's what we signed up for( school, Exra curr activities, iPads, phones, early exposure etc go figure).

So failure to fufil your part - Time , expect worse.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Lobolintin(m): 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
Sure boy
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by c4tnoelz: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
pray without ceasing
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by adesegun121(m): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
So painful
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by emmanuelcrawler(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
My own be say set a trap for am with money, if Im Fallin go ask Chinedu as Dat day be for am
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by neweraomo: 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
Encourage him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
Cutehector:
Only Jesus can save him
I agree with cute hector on this one. Take the child to a true bible believing church and let them run the child through deliverance truly only the power of Jesus christ can save the child. Don't take the child to one of these pastors looking for money o cos they will exploit you but take the child to a bible believing church that will follow the process lined out in the word of God.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by tociano009(m): 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html
Na ur pikin?
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Clone2020(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Seems like your child is a kleptomaniac.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by mranswer: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Take that naughty boy to the police before he becomes uncontrollable my neigbour had a son like that by the time they took the boy to station wey dey land the boy three hot slaps the boy start to behave.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by slap1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
I hate boarding school! Why not keep your kids close and train them your own way?

I advise you send him to a soldier for some flogging, with a promise of better flogging next time.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Clone2020(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Seems like your child is a kleptomaniac. You can give him the world and he would still pilfer from others. He needs rehab.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Edusouls(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:
First I really detest boarding school, why would I give birth to a child if I can't monitor the child's daily progress. I could recall a story of an old school mate of mine who her parent withdrew from a boarding school because of all manner of nasty things their female seniors make them do.

My advice is parents monitor the daily progress of your kids and stop leaving them in the hands of some teachers who gat their worries too

They should take the kid to a certified child Chancellor asap
what are u saying ur advice is off point, are u blaming the teachers for the boys behaviour, the fact is that the boy is a born thief....
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by youngsahito(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Take him to army barrack in dis summer brk...you will thank me leta
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by sunnyjah: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Take your child for deliverance,i believe that God will deliver your child, don't loose hope.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Edusouls(m): 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
cococandy:
This kind pikin, if you beat him, he will turn hardened and maybe even go into the big stuff.

Kleptomania is a psychological issue.

Poor parents embarassed
u re a very intelligent woman, u re right no be small thing ooo.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Dotwillis1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
Maybe yhu stole from your parent too and it's Coming back at you
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html
FIRST OF ALL ARE YOU IN NIGERIA OR ABROAD?

IF YOU ARE IN NIGERIA, YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A FOOLISH WOMAN.

CAN'T YOU BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HIM undecided IF YOU CANT DO IT, WHY DON'T YOU PUT HIM IN A CHILD PRISON ( PLACE WERE THEY DO DISCIPLINE STUBBORN CHILD)
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Some good strokes can reset him to his default setting. Trust me, I've been there, done that.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by lordtim001(m): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:
First I really detest boarding school, why would I give birth to a child if I can't monitor the child's daily progress. I could recall a story of an old school mate of mine who her parent withdrew from a boarding school because of all manner of nasty things their female seniors make them do.

My advice is parents monitor the daily progress of your kids and stop leaving them in the hands of some teachers who gat their worries too

They should take the kid to a certified child Chancellor asap
Child chancellor grin

3 Likes

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by slap1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Edusouls:
what are u saying ur advice is off point, are u blaming the teachers for the boys behaviour, the fact is that the boy is a born thief....
No one is a born thief. Teachers negligence (unavoidable, maybe) , is to blame.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
It is a spiritual issue, u will notice that most time he steal things he already have or things he needs not. Eg; u might see about 6/7 pens with him while he uses none.
Pray, advice and surround him with people with values or u go traditional if u CANT PRAY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity / Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.