Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (28225 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Woman Steals Bride’s Money At Wedding / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by cococandy(f): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2015
Edusouls:
u re a very intelligent woman, u re right no be small thing ooo.
smiley
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Damianbrown(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2015
I wouldnt lie with such a thing, jus imagine say me stil dy commit theft i for don bcome kirikiri president or kuje, i for no dy here
laserjet:

I mean ure not lying but definitely ure not saying the truth grin
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by fynex(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2015
1) Take him out of the boarding school, he has an issue and you guyz need to monitor him
2) He needs help, counselling probably, take him to someone who is accommodating and straight, a good counsellor
2b) Spiritual help from God, have you thought of doing a fast? You and your hubby, you both brought him forth, look into your family lineage, you don't have to go from one place to another, PRAY for him!
3)How often do you take him for programs and what kind of programs do you take him to; the kinda friends he has,
4)How close is daddy to him, abi daddy leaves him for mummy...
There are many things to look into, that boarding may "make him, or mar him"

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by NoRetreat(m): 6:47am On Aug 20, 2015
I share your pains .My advise is that you must never lose sight of him.pray with him on daily basis.Ask him anytime you see him if he had stolen anything? Check his pockets and bags often,be creative,change tactics of questioning and searches. Make yourself unpredictable with him.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by rabbuy(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2015
It depends on the child's attitude.... Have you tried torture ...I know you don't wan hear such cause it yo child but remember spare the rod spoil the child... Pain changes people

My take though...
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by inkreezz(m): 7:02am On Aug 20, 2015
kill him.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by LasoulMacuby(m): 7:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Just kill the kleptomaniac and free the world from a bigger problem
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Adelekedove(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2015
Prayer and advice thru d word of God s the best way to save him @ first it might look fruitless but is working.

U should try as much as possible to mk him feel save to confess all his sinful act to you, it will help him to reduce the lies nd the taught of stealing.
Try to understand y he steals. Cos he doesn't hv it or is a hobby.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by ObiBlessed(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2015
whizqueen:
it started before age 11. The mom only noticed when he was 11

Because it must have been since primary school where he steals Pencil, biros, etc. as the mom you should have noticed your son with more than one Pencil of which you can identify the one you bought for him. You should be very observant with the slightest things with kids. Taking he small things like balloon that doesn't belong to you deserves severe punishment.

Child upbringing is really hard especially when they grow up to become teenagers. Only God can help raise a child. I really feel for the mother, don't neglect the place of prayer and always advice the child, provide him with what you can afford that he needs. Some little children even steals to provide themselves with what they need.

Imagine an eight year old kid that forgot his pen at home and is fully aware of the punishment that comes from the teacher for coming to school without a pen. The next thinking that might spring up in his head may be to take that of his classmate to avoid been beaten. At the end of the day he would most likely not return the stolen pen.

May God change that little boy sad

You're so on point dearie..
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by cupidhero(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Get him a good friend and always be receptive when this friend comes around. I even met one of my homeboys who was a klepto last sunday and we even joked and laughed about it. He did it for years till me and him became friends. I simply told him he would lose me and many others like me if i heard any bullshiit about him. Just pray he finds a good friend who he will like and who is well mannered. It will be tougher for you to change him later so i suggest you start now. I met another klepto during my fresher year in school and it was harder but i had to bring him into my cliq for full re-orientation,showing him the level of cool dudes he will lose if we heard bullshit about him and luckily for him there was no cooler cultist to lure him into their frat crap so he rode with us and he is still riding with us.
Pray he finds a good friend who he listens to.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by nwadiuko1(m): 7:39am On Aug 20, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html
I think it might be a medical problem I.e kleptomania..(hope I spelled that correctly).....
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by holysina(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2015
I guess he is a cripto, they is nothing you can do than to pray for him and change of environment helps alot in such situations
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Uchwilliam(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2015
This is d solution from experience.engage him in sth dat will make him busy nd earn him moni..most ‘thief-minded‘ kids are adventorous nd moni concious.dis was caused by simple to complex tins upbringing,genetic,environment,peers etc.
Uchwilliam
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by vivypretty(f): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
lol.....i dnt tink u dont no d power of influence and peer pressure
trust me i know more than u think
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 20, 2015
My dear na wa o but with the Almighty there is always a solution. My sincere advise is first of all check your lineage on you and your husband's side if there are any records of such behaviour. Then you take it to a place of prayer and then you also have to start getting him to understand the God he serves. I have come to realise from experience that even after deliverance and salvation that if the image in front of one is distorted, one's soul will remain distorted. I don't think beating can do anything right now...just enter the place of prayer with all seriousness and with faith create the type of life you want him to live and constantly teach that image to him and with time things should change... All the best dear..

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by bigpsalmy(m): 8:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html

All you need do is to take it to God in prayer. Since many other means have failed before.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nelrulez(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2015
It's disease called Kleptomania. Only Jesus can save him but it advisable you see a certified counsellor for help.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:34am On Aug 20, 2015
MsBliss:
Carry am go Army school or report him to one soldier then leave him in the soldier's care for just one day.Go back in the evening to pick up your changed son.
u ddnt tell her to go wth an ambulance js incase......
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by front247: 8:38am On Aug 20, 2015
Put pepper in his penis
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by stevepee42(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2015
show am some jungle justice footage make fear enter him body....
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by fpeter(f): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2015
I just wanted to know, if he was in Boarding School...well, there lies the problem.
most kids get introduced to such vices when they go to boarding school, it is a
normal thing to replace your stolen property ASAP with another student's stuff.
I went to a boarding school and in my first year/first term i only went home with
myself!
back to the situation, pray for him,take him for counseling,withdraw him from the
current school and either make him a Day student or take him to the seminary
school and tell the rector to keep an eye on him. Don't threaten him get him a good
GC....
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by fpeter(f): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2015
kaorama:
Ask ur Mum what she did when she was in the same situation.

you wicked o, are you saying it is hereditary or genetic? cheesy
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by andreernest28(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2015
HE NEEDS TO BE DECIPLINED,IS NOT ALL ABOUT PUTTING UR BEDROOM ON LOCK.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by BobUg28(m): 10:47am On Aug 20, 2015
slap1:
I hate boarding school! Why not keep your kids close and train them your own way?

I advise you send him to a soldier for some flogging, with a promise of better flogging next time.

His kleptomaniac act has nothing to do with 'boarding school' what her child needs is a good parental upbringing.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Send him to Sambisa
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by slap1(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2015
BobUg28:

His kleptomaniac act has nothing to do with 'boarding school' what her child needs is a good parental upbringing.
Which the child can't possibly get in a boarding school.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Michaelkelvin1(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2015
tongue use am exchange recharge card na
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by BobUg28(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
slap1:

Which the child can't possibly get in a boarding school.

Listen bruv, the bible said "train up a child in the way he should go so that when he grow up he will never depart from it "

It's true that one can never rule out the effects of peer pressure on human being but whenever you instigate a child with the fear of God right from the outset, he/she will definitely grow up to frown upon those kind of anomalous attitudes whether he's in conventional, seminary, boarding or day school.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by pamelerin: 11:29am On Aug 20, 2015
MY BLATANT TRUTH IS THAT "WITHDRAW THE YOUNG CHILD FROM THE SCHOOL"...GET A DAY SCHOOL FOR HIM AND START TRAINING HIM WITH BIBLICAL INJUNCTIONS AFRESH WITH CLOSE MONITORING AND ENCOURAGEMENT....DONT ADOPT THE IDEA OF SEVERE AND UNDUE PUNISHMENT whenever he pilfers, otherwise he gets used to it and you may not get the desired result, he becomes unrepentant and graduates over time. Do more of talking monitoring with some level surprising gifts provided he does not pilfer for a certain period of time....target driven.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by goodychet: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
P
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Cutehector(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
goodychet:

BUT IS YOUR HUSBAND A PDP CARRYING MEMBER?
I am man... U can clearly see 'm' after my moniker
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by 2dillu2(m): 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
whizqueen:
it started before age 11. The mom only noticed when he was 11

Because it must have been since primary school where he steals Pencil, biros, etc. as the mom you should have noticed your son with more than one Pencil of which you can identify the one you bought for him. You should be very observant with the slightest things with kids. Taking he small things like balloon that doesn't belong to you deserves severe punishment.

Child upbringing is really hard especially when they grow up to become teenagers. Only God can help raise a child. I really feel for the mother, don't neglect the place of prayer and always advice the child, provide him with what you can afford that he needs. Some little children even steals to provide themselves with what they need.

Imagine an eight year old kid that forgot his pen at home and is fully aware of the punishment that comes from the teacher for coming to school without a pen. The next thinking that might spring up in his head may be to take that of his classmate to avoid been beaten. At the end of the day he would most likely not return the stolen pen.

May God change that little boy sad
thumbs up to your mom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? / My Son's Birthday In Pictures. / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.