Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (28191 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Woman Steals Bride’s Money At Wedding / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Edusouls(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
kaorama:
Ask ur Mum what she did when she was in the same situation.
this is no joking matter, please this is not for immature and light headed youth like you that dosent know anything...foolish and wild boy,ur parents didnt even give u any home training, look at the way u talk...
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by GogetterMD(m): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html
The child needs therapy. A child psychologist, and a psychiatrist. And the earlier the better
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by fleexee(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
Take him to OLX. Sell it
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by JudgementHammer: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Op u didn't mention if he's ur 1st child or so and hw abt d siblings. Some likely causes dat most parent overlook is if u and ur hubby don't unite in doing things in d presence of d child when he was little. Perhaps dad is a muslim, mum is xtain, dad and mum eats seperately and even use separate rooms. As in he does his things, I do mine or only one of d parents really hav d desire to correct d child while d other pampers or there wasn't intimate connection like emotional or so with d child while growing up or u were permissive to him giving him space.

Would like to ask; does d boy really fear u..by fear I don't mean he has to be afraid of u but is d respect he has for u really high

The reason I'm asking all these is cuz stealing in children is usually due to parental extremeness of strictness or pampering. There should be a balance btw d 2 especially at growing stage. This balance serves as a proof against external influence.

Work on these questions. Be united as parents. Let d child knw ur common fears as parents 2gether not as mum alone or as dad alone and pray for him. If after doing so he doesn't change then it may nt be ordinary

B4 u can call it medical or psychological, a family history of u and ur husband is necessary to know if anyone has or had had such an ailment.

2 Likes

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by kennyman2000(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hmmm..
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
I think the boy may be suffering from kleptomania. Should go and see a psychologist.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Dynaman(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html
take him to boston home.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by kenoz(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Be praying for him and always talk to him to stop it
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

Ain't nothing like doing it yourself my dear, that good teacher too gat his own worries too.

I like you, you sound like a potential great mom. Can I get to know you ?
mehn,see pick up line.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by solobenzo(m): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] carry am go
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by mzthompson15: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
I can totally relate cos av been in his shoe b4 tho mine was suffering ( was living wit my uncle nd wife den,and d wife hardly gives me good food) buh wen I went back to my parent,i discovered d stealing stopped cos I had everytin in excess. You shld just take him to a good counsellor/ psychologist ,it can still be curbed now dat he's still young,and keep praying for him
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by ignis: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
Kleptomania in the building. ..
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by spenca: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
You need to pray about it and often talk to him , these stuffs he takes ,it might not really because he wants them but because he lacks contentment and feels inferior , give him attention and often take him out . These would help him.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
@ op Jst keep on advicing him he will surely change.when i was little i steal a lot mine was even worse dat' at the age of 14 i stole 38,000 naira from a stranger...i normaly buy phones wit the cash i steal tho my parents dont carter 4 my entertainment needs jst food,clothes nd school shiit only they taught i will become an armed robber when i grow up buh hay i changed along the line.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by kingthreat(m): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
Show him Nairaland pictures of what happens to thieves when caught in public. No mercy, tires around their necks and roast to death. May it not be his portion.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by basileze: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
I suggest a very emotional "tet a tet" backed with prayers.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
MsBliss:
Carry am go Army school or report him to one soldier then leave him in the soldier's care for just one day.Go back in the evening to pick up your changed son.
Congratulations you just made him a hardened criminal in a day.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by mikaj(m): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
everything in Nigeria to Nigerians is spiritual. Here is someone asking bout what to do and someone here is say deliverance. Omo u Gats go deliverance to free yourself frm this backward mentality. #justsaying
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Joeace3000(m): 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
A psychologist is what he needs. Like most Africans, all they do is beat, beat and beat without using their brains. You don't beat behaviors like this out of children. You need a psychologist who will scare them with happens to thieves. when he has watched series of documentaries of how thieves have been executed gruesomely, he would start considering his options.

[b] Meanwhile.............

Get our complete Brilliantlights Media Fiverr Training packages Todayand start offering unique services professionally on Fiverr and generating income from your living room.

Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have extras of up to $100, $200 per Gig (you are permitted 20 Gigs at a time)and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 per Gig selling your skill on fiverr every month on only one account! Now imagine up to 5 accounts with 20 Gigs each!. For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands like me are making money off it every day. All it requires is possessing the knowledge of how to build profitable accounts, optimizing them for constant orders and delivering with continuous positive reviews and high ratings.

The complete training packages covers five Hot in-demand services from ARTICLE WRITING TO GRAPHICS DESIGN, VIDEO AND ANIMATION, WEB DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT. It includes Hours of Training Videos created by our Experts on each service covering: Opening a Service Specific Professional Fiverr Account, Creating Attractive Gigs with Captivating Gig Images and Gig Videos, Delivering orders and Receiving your Payments in Nigeria. The package also include tools like Adobe Photoshop for creating Gig images and Camtasia Software for Gig videos creation respectively along with Special Tools specific to each service included in each pack. Interested participants would also be introduced into our Facebook Brilliantlightsmedia Support Group as well as our Whatsapp Group through 070-665-64342 for follow up.

After many years working and earning on fiverr, we as a reputable company put our heads together to help introduce others who are in desperate need of financial upliftment, having heard and seen how desperate jobless youths have become in a bid to land jobs or engage in any business whether bad or dehumanizing just to survive or how companies are retrenching people daily and sending them into the over saturated Labor market.

The internet is a trillion dollar per month platform everyone should be working on today and Fiverr is one of the easiest means to start earning from it. However you need to get on it the right way. Stop creating accounts that have no potential for profit. Get the skills that you can sell not only on fiverr and other freelance sites (Like Elance, freelancer.com) but also required by Big businesses and companies around us, even better, you could create your own business like we have done as a Social Media Management company and stop complaining about lack of jobs, wicked requirements or jobs already arranged for the connected

Please use our contact forms on the website or through our numbers at the foot
[/b]
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by MRLINGTON(m): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
use him for sacrifice or direct killing
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by okotv(m): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

Yes it has but its disadvantages are overwhelming
The truth is that a child that would be bad would be no matter where he schools.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by janvier27(m): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Something definitely went wrong in his upbringing & figuring out and addressing this will help change him. I believe he will change with more maturity.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by lastpage: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
kaorama:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Cheesux Christ!

I dont mean to be rude but...... did l hear you say like Mother like Son?

Hmmm... sins of our Parents! angry angry

May God deliver him. Please pray for him

Lastpage!
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by dele55: 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
You have to be very close that child and make him to tell you what he crave for at every point in time. Try to provide it for him or else he seeks for it the wrong way.

As he grows older he will always tend to maintain and let things be, instead of getting His want satisfied the wrong way.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by shizzy7(f): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
LET HIM SPEND ONE WEEK IN PANTI PRISON,, HE WILL BECOME A PASTOR by the time he's out..
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by DaBullIT(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
[b][i]How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. l

Send him to a military school
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by shizzy7(f): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
dele55:
You have to be very close that child and make him to tell you what he crave for at every point in time. Try to provide it for him or else he seeks for it the wrong way.

As he grows older he will always tend to maintain and let things be, instead of getting His want satisfied the wrong way.
Really, and what If he craves for an IPhone 6
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by U2ice(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
kaorama:

Guy u wicked...

U mean sey d woman sef bin get same issue..

Well I fink she shud take to ur advice
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Apina(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
Since when did going to boarding school make one a master of every possible vice? It's indicting to those of us who attended boarding schools. D parents know d source of their childs problem so should tackle it accordingly applying more tact and less brute.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by hvq229(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
Here is what I would do

Let all past incidents go. don't punish him for them but make it clear to him stealing is morally wrong and if he steals again he will be punished

Pray for him, provide him with guidance and counseling if would help him

Let him know in return for meeting expectations which would include not stealing he will gain certain rewards such as more trust and privileges

Inform him of consequences if he again steals-- which would include corporal punishment as well as loss of privileges and trust

If you flog him combine it with other tools of discipline
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Jeneral4: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
ordinarily, I dnt love making. comments, bt blv ds one is critical . Deliverance as suggested by many is nt d issue in ds case, in as much as I blv In it.... He needs a leadership training.... u may nt understand ds aspect, bt will explain to u wen u contact me.... u can whatsapp me on 07038832917

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.