Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (28172 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Woman Steals Bride’s Money At Wedding / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by charlesucheh(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
Could this be the so called cleptomaniac disease?
Let me suggest, he need a thorough head washing from his village elders else, he'll end up getting being burnt by Nigerians wey dey para!
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by megaomo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
If a negative attitude or behaviour is rewarded,it becomes re-enforced and vice versa. My take is you bring you child home to a regular day school,change your parenting style to a more loving one and seek council from a trained psychologist.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Edusouls:
this is no joking matter, please this is not for immature and light headed youth like you that dosent know anything...foolish and wild boy,ur parents didnt even give u any home training, look at the way u talk...

Really sorry. Tot it was joke. Regret the pains my comment may have caused.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by flyforall: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
Try the following
1. Sunday School
2. Church counsellor
3. Punishment for any theft
4.Koboko
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by whoisuche: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html

He needs prayer. Let Pastors pray for her.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by MsBliss(f): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
u ddnt tell her to go wth an ambulance js incase......
Don't worry,she won't be needing that.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by MsBliss(f): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
romzyxy:

D man in u has spoken.
hia which one is the man in me again
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by MsBliss(f): 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
Reski:
Congratulations you just made him a hardened criminal in a day.
ifihear!! ein go mellow by force.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by tennyson10: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
I was also like this when I was young,used to steal from everybody untill one day when the lord touched my heart. My advice for you is to keep talking to your son and pray for him,beating him won't do anything at all
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by KELVIN086: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
whizqueen:
it started before age 11. The mom only noticed when he was 11

Because it must have been since primary school where he steals Pencil, biros, etc. as the mom you should have noticed your son with more than one Pencil of which you can identify the one you bought for him. You should be very observant with the slightest things with kids. Taking he small things like balloon that doesn't belong to you deserves severe punishment.

Child upbringing is really hard especially when they grow up to become teenagers. Only God can help raise a child. I really feel for the mother, don't neglect the place of prayer and always advice the child, provide him with what you can afford that he needs. Some little children even steals to provide themselves with what they need.

Imagine an eight year old kid that forgot his pen at home and is fully aware of the punishment that comes from the teacher for coming to school without a pen. The next thinking that might spring up in his head may be to take that of his classmate to avoid been beaten. At the end of the day he would most likely not return the stolen pen.

May God change that little boy sad

very informative, thanks
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by romzyxy(m): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
MsBliss:
hia which one is the man in me again
Never mind
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Maynekky(f): 2:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Deliverance is what the child needs. Please pray and involve a true man of God. Remember,prayer without work is dead. So don't relent in your job as a parent. You will surely have a testimony.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by MsBliss(f): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2015
romzyxy:

Never mind
undecided I mind
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by romzyxy(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2015
MsBliss:
undecided I mind
tongue
MsBliss:
undecided I mind
Dnt
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Timsilver(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html

Deliverance is the key or serious prayers. Go to any MFM book stall or Christian bookshop and buy a book called "BREAK YOUR CHILDREN FROM BONDAGE" or "PARENTS BREAK YOUR CHILDREN FROM BONDAGE." is written by Dr. Olukoya of MFM.
Coming from someone who as a kid skipped school, lessons or anything related to academics for no good reason until my primary school proprietress who is a pastor caught me once and told my mum what to do about it. Funny, enough my mum has refused till date to tell me how she handled it cause I sometimes wonder how I started attending classes and why I never liked school in the first place.

Mums especially her that book and pray for your children. It's very important.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by MeandSum: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
I"m a catholic

Well, same difference. while your priest may find it more difficult to embezzle funds as a catholic priest, he is still covering up and partaking in worse things. You know the old joke ...a priest and his commitment to his altar boys...
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Cutehector(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2015
MeandSum:

Well, same difference. while your priest may find it more difficult to embezzle funds as a catholic priest, he is still covering up and partaking in worse things. You know the old joke ...a priest and his commitment to his altar boys...
hmM

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Become Emotionally Strong / "My Wife Is Very Dirty, Everywhere In The House Smells" – Man Tells Court / Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.