Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship (663 Views)

Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship / How To Get Any Girl, Regardless Of Her Status Or Relationship With You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship by playnaija(m): 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
I want to thank my dear readers, this blog is all about you, today, I would be discussing a vital issue that has crippled most marriages and families, this evil is called covetousness. This has affected both the big and the small, rich and the poor. Everyday, we hear of stories about rape, broken marriages and sometimes, stuck relationships and many other vices.

Covetousness is an uncontrollable craving, desire for more than what someone already have, it is a dissatisfaction with ones position, money and this case marriage or relationship. In Hebrew 13:5, God warns about this for us to guard our heart concerning this. If coveting a woman you already have could bring that fulfillment, one would be glad, but rather it destroys it victims with grief that are unbearable most times. The more we search for that woman we seem would give us the joy we desire, and maybe lucky to have her in our life, soon we find fault and our mind restart the circle again until we finally realized we trapped in that circle of womanizing and never finding a perfect person to be with, no amount of beauty in that woman can fulfill that desire, or money a man has can fulfill that greed.

The truth is that you do not need another relationship to be happy, you also have not made any mistake marrying that person you once loved, you only got stuck not loving that person again or you stopped being committed to the relationship. The devil is a master of deception, he is so good at it that he always want us to find fault in a person that was not perfect in the first place. He deceives us into wanting to find a perfect person that would make all of our problem vanish, he slowly does this until thought is conceive. But really, can loving someone else make all your problem to be solved and go away? This answer is no, you are only lost in covetousness.

As I write this, I remember David in the bible that saw another man's wife bathing, thought about how he can have her in his arms, yes oh yes, a man after God's heart was tricked by the devil to believing she is the solution to his happiness. That action brought about the death of her husband, a child, God rejecting David and also his inability to build God a temple. Just imagine the calamity that befell that great king all because of lost. Was David's problem solved? Never but only multiplied. Instead of working on our marital problems and seeking God's direction, we move to seek joy in the wrong place.

Imagine the challenges you may face trying to covet another woman, you may end up contracting STD, broken homes, losing lot of money in the process, preventing God favour and grace upon your life and so many others.

More I can say, but I hope this article makes you thinks about the hurt you may be doing to your relationship and why you most avoid this.

http://www.clarkegilbert.com/2015/08/how-overcoming-covetousness-can-save.html
Re: How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship by Cutehector(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
We all covet something....
Re: How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
WWW.
Re: How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship by jamex93(m): 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
Good write up
Re: How Overcoming Covetousness Can Save Your Marriage Or Relationship by SkinnyDude(m): 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
lord save me from covetousness. i have many shoes, and they are still not enough for me.. my cousin has only one, inferior one. but he is okay with it

(1) (Reply)

Some Of Our Babes Need To Change Their Mindset / Ladies Above 30 Only ......jump In. / Can You Trust Your Bestfriend With Your Boyfriend /girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.