Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43563 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by samazagudu(m): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus did not die neither he is resurrected. according to Saint Paul.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by victorazy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
mpowa:

What Soul are you saving? Trying to convince people who've made up their mind? that's not how to save souls; the Kingdom harvest is only for ready souls... Bible says don't get involve in vain ARGUMENTS they only lead to more ungodliness, just do one simple thing for them, Pray that they have a problem that no man can solve - see how they'll run to you and before you even open your mouth they say I BELIEVE.

There are two ways people created by God learn
1. Humble has a child; submit to God, and just BELIEVE, don't try to prove God
2. Stubborn as a goat; These ones, if God really wants to save them, He makes them suffer - den go come humble - All their philosophies and intelligence go jump out of the window - SOME PEOPLE NEEDS THAT.

If there's any 3rd choice na eternal destruction be that, I don't pray that for anybody.

Nice one. Is ok sir. Na me give u the like.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by jahstech: 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

I don't know if anyone has been able to give you an answer but I would like to chip in some points.
From the source that brought up this question in believe you are an atheist or aspiring to be one, why everyone on earth has FREEWILL to do what he likes, it is wise we consider what we end up using our so called FREEWILL for. True YOU can't deny this fact, it gets to a point in your life when you tell yourself that you can do anything you want, why do you have this feeling, why not stay under the guide of your LOVING PARENTS? The son of the late Minister James Ocholi made a statement and I quote him "It is better to live your life as if there is a God and die to discover there is none than to live as if there is no God and to die and discover there is one". Am sure those words were born out of something. 1Peter 2:16

What may guide you in your quest for answers? Ask yourself if there is a basis to believe in an ancient book called the Bible, that's where the entire answer you seek for sterms from. True, many today question the validity, reliability, accuracy and authenticity of the Bible, but am sure the bible has proved itself beyond reasonable doubt. So may say things are JUST happening as they ought to be and no one is involved or controlling anything, one very important question I think of is the source of DEATH, despite all claims and accersion I have heard of, I know and can prove that no one wants to or is happy to die. But yet we are faced with this stalker of all stalkers. Science itself can't explain the concept of death, if our bodies are programmed to regenerate when we have an injury or have one problem or the other then where is the death coming from?

I once reasoned with a man who was claiming there is no basis to believe in any God or forces of good or bad, after a lengthy discussion and trying to convince himself he refuted my above claim that he enjoys life and that he would rather die than continue living, the said man is still alive till this very minute. Don't try to justify any claim with the rate of suicide, it doesn't fit one bit, do the maths, among 10 people standing how many would have suicide on their mind? No need beating around, the world population tells the whole story. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Death apart, am yet to see the best explanation to humans history, you can tell me yours maybe it makes sense. Is it the big bang theory? Or what do you have? I would be eager to hear yours. Evolution is a process we are still waiting for, an hypothesis yet to be proven unless you can come out and prove it. Hebrews 3:4

Thanks for now, waiting for your response.
Hoping to have a nice and problem free conversation.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Cool. We can all go home and sleep well. You make a positive assertion that is neither testable nor material, somehow, it requires 'faith' to dismiss. Either your understanding of faith is quite shallow -- I really hope so -- or your foolishness on this thread is deliberate and only a ploy to push the burden on the one who denies the rubbish you've created and worshipped in your mind. The rubbish that died on a cross 2000 years ago so you can stop fornicating.

I'd rather be a fool in your imaginary world.

Read what I said. How can you dismiss it when you cannot test it?

You really have missed the point!

Plus you comment on the cross is offensive to hundreds of millions of people. But then you knew it would be.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ben6ene:

Shut up? People like u will one day come to see d truth since u are too deaf to hear it, Jesus Loves u, admit it and don't b stubborn like ur ancestors who will regret d steps they took which u are taking right now!
Yawn.. tell your dead Gay savior to come die another cross for me. I'll set up the cross myself on Olumo rock. Wetin concern me with carpenter pikin wey im tribesmen for Israel kill 2000 years ago... mscheew.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gud4dbest(m): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
For these aboldened I av no answer 4u!
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Read what I said. How can you dismiss it when you cannot test it?

You really have missed the point!
How can it be known if it can not be tested?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Lawal25(m): 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ben6ene:

Jesus died and rose, believe it my brother, He is Whom u should serve! Only Him alone!!

I can never serve Jesus nor worship him.
When God is there for me, why run to a MAN.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Kingsley10000: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
nairaland is full of atheist
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Eeroh95(m): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
Obviously you haven't encountered hard-boiled Christ defenders of the insane types who will tell you some UFO technology was involved such that those back then wouldn't have understood.

Why didn't you contact someone at the Vatican ? or report to the nearest Catholic center.

Get where exactly ? And who are the we ?

If it was distorted, then it means there exist the genuine story, thus why would anyone want to have the original thing distorted, only to render it ridiculous ? To what purpose ? To what end ? I say there was never a Jesus story. Given to some of my private researches. . .I think perhaps whatever the genuine story was, it was Europeanized or might I say semiticized by Europeans.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Listen
And listen good

Anything that BASICALLY (emphasis on Basically) does not make sense
DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!

Your creator did not give you the ability to reason for no reason

That is why you are not the same with other creatures around you

Rationalizing twisted and illogical logic is what belief systems (such as religion) and emotions do to people

Ones you subscribe to belief systems such as religion
you start losing you natural human nature

You basically start becoming a ZOMBIE aka remote controlled puppet
Do you think that the world is accident?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

How can it be known if it can not be tested?

It is not known. That is the point of Faith. If we knew God exists we could prove it. We have faith he exists NOT knowledge. Mind you, if he didnt exist I dont know where I woul get the patience to keep explaning extremely simple concepts to someone like you who clearly cannot follow them!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Phaymostip(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Na waooo
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

How do you test for God?

Oh, wait, God by definition can not be tested. Lol. Non-faith is a type of faith.

You should start by first asking what the TRUE! meaning of that word GOD is

Most people keep calling this word but don't know its true meaning

It is supposed to be an English word but it has no true meaning in English!

English came from the roman, latin, german, greek languages
but word GOD does not explicitly exist in those languages

So now where did that word come from

Note
It is not a co-incidence that majority of the human population of the modern world have been brainwashed into constantly calling that word!!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
kevoh:

A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause.

Source : http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sacrifice

Examples:
1. You (sacrifice) give up one of your two healthy kidneys to save your ailing aunty or friend who needs a kidney transplant. The sacrificed kidney never comes back to you in 3 days, it's gone forever.

2. You sacrifice your time saving/helping accident victims on a Monday morning making you miss an 8a.m presentation to a billionaire client and got sacked by your no nonsense boss for coming late due to that. Time sacrificed will not come back to you in 3 days time! You have lost it forever and your job too!

John 3:16 for God loved the world so much that he gave his begotten son,(then a condition was given for everlasting life for those that believe) for everyone exercising faith might not be destroyed but everlasting life.matt 20:28 just as the son of man came,not be ministered to,but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.what is ransom?The ideal of a ransom basically involves two things.first, a ransom is the price paid to release someone or to buy something back.secon,a ransom is the price that covers,or pays the cost of something.No human could pay for the damage that Adam did when he sinned ad brought death upon us.psalm 49:7,8 because all of us are imperfect. The ransom that had to be paid was another perfect human life.That is why it is called'' a corresponding ransom.(1 timothy26:6) that ransom had to have the same value as the life that Adam lost
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

It is not known. That is the point of Faith. If we knew God exists we could prove it. We have faith he exists NOT knowledge. Mind you, if he didnt exist I dont know where I woul get the patience to keep explaning extremely simple concepts to someone like you who clearly cannot follow them!
So how does denying the existence of that which can not be proved amount to faith? Is WHITE a type of BLACK?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

You should start by first asking what the TRUE! meaning of that word GOD is
There's no true meaning for GOD. Everyone just makes up nonsense in their head.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
then they must b a special place for u in hell.
Dear PROFESSOR I want u to know that jesus broke d law of gravity when he ascended into heaven...... Read ur bible bro
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by riddo2(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
macof:
Jesus is dead and he will always remain dead
you've cursed yourself forever and so shall it be
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
dapipson:
Do you think that the world is accident?

Of course not

It was created
But not by those entities you people are praying to

But everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) started from nothing

You are a creation and also a creator

A creator is not greater than his/her creation cause he/she just harnessed energy to create
cause everything is ENERGY!
and everything is EVERYTHING
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Raziii:
are you afraid to tell me you are a traditional worshiper? Don't be! Its what you believe in... That's why God himself doesn't hate you for that. But he expect you to seek him. When you do, you will find him. Most of our ancestors believe in what they believe because there was no enlightenment, so many questions but no answers. But you everyday you hear of miracles of God's wonder and yet?

Hahaha..... Don't be delirious. Where did I tell you I worship anything. So to acknowledge your identity is now a bad thing.. ;DSee the results of indoctrination. What is enlightenment if I may ask?

Who is Yahweh to the Israelites...? He is their traditional god. The stories in the bible is their traditional stories/history. And here you are, a bonified gentile speaking on behalf of an isrealite deity.

And yes, we hear of miracles. Just like we hear of muhammad ascending to the sky. No big deal..
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kurlz(f): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?

Thanks for this. I love you.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by tobyemmanuel(m): 8:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus died for me and resurrected on d 3rd day. Accept Him. You can't convince me. I pledge eternal allegiance to trinity
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ripples334(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
When one who is mortal tastes death (early or later) it's not a sacrifice. When an Immortal one tastes death (even for as short a time as three days) that's a sacrifice.
The army officers fighting Boko Haram would eventually die- whether they had that battle to fight or not- but Jesus would never have died if He chose not to.
I wonder why it's hard to believe that Jesus died, resurrected and ascended when these are co-truths in the same bible that tells of the creation of the earth, life, time and space?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.

And who told you that He ascended with a fleshly body? You doubt out of sheer ignorance
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Of course not

It was created
But not by those entities you people are praying to

But everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) started from nothing

You are a creation and also a creator

A creator is not greater than his/her creation cause he/she just harnessed energy to create
cause everything is ENERGY!
and everything is EVERYTHING

The very science that has misled you says that something cannot come out of nothing
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
micodon:

The very science that has misled you says that something cannot come out of nothing
But God can? Why add more mystery to mystery.. How much do you know about nature to determine it's unable to produce life without help from any external interference?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Malawian(m): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
You are talking abt your GOD who made the universe and gave it its laws. Fear God!!! for your sake.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Hahaha..... Don't be delirious. Where did I tell you I worship anything. So to acknowledge your identity is now a bad thing.. ;DSee the results of indoctrination. What is enlightenment if I may ask?

Who is Yahweh to the Israelites...? He is their traditional god. The stories in the bible is their traditional stories/history. And here you are, a bonified gentile speaking on behalf of an isrealite deity.

And yes, we hear of miracles. Just like we hear of muhammad ascending to the sky. No big deal..

"the traditional story of Israel" said that
1. the Earth was hanging on nothing.
2. The Earth is a circle
3. Talked about the water circle of the earth

All of these..... Tens of Centuries before science even began having wrong ideas.

You need to be Smart and think for yourself
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

There's no true meaning for GOD. Everyone just makes up nonsense in their head.

The word GOD is not nonsense

It has a meaning a purpose for it's connotation (every significant word like that has a meaning!)

But of course
Those who gave it to you people will not let you know about the truth to it

Remember
That word was not in use till the modern age
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mysteryman2014: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
frank317:
CaptainJune, you are just bringing in unnecessary Logic here. How exactly is Jesus or God's death a sacrifice? Sacrifice to what end? Sacrifice to who and for what?
He was a spirit man. He took a temporary flesh body and looses it for just three days and in those three days he just simply became his main spirit man. After that he came back to temporal flesh. And you call that a sacrifice? Lol
Yet he willingly returned back to his spirit being. What's the sacrifice there really?
If I am asked to die for the whole world for three days and you give me just 10000 naira in return, I will gladly "sacrifice" my life cool

Can u suffer what he suffered in d flesh
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by bomijuwon(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=Atlantian post=37172172]It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.[/
Your position is quite understandable, but remember, HIS conception remains mystery. However, no one understand a man except himself so also, no one understands a the spirit except one who is connected to the spirit. Believe it or not HE is Risen and He hast make all things new. HE has removed the veil the kept us from entering to the Holy of Holies. Now we can cry haha father......

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement / Shepherd Bushiri Buys Maserati For His Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.