Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43578 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
curvilicious:
This op na confusionist, u want d pple to start argueing. I thnk God say christianity no be religion of war. If not axe, cutlass, gun nd bomb blast 4 don full this page. Hallelujah Christ arose!

Every belief system (ie: Religion, cult, occult, atheism etc) is EVIL!!!

You creator never asigned those things to you otherwise they would have been naturally put in you from birth!

You been decieved by Meta physical entities aided by their human collaborators who have cut a deal with them for mutual benefits
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by modeller(f): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
CHIRST is risen.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Vecto(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Stop reading that evil book called BIBLE as well as it other affiliates (eg: koran)

They are the portals through which your enemies aim to make you use to eventally meet your destruction!!

Thanks but no thanks really....

Have you ever watched debates? You do realize making a straw man out of your opponents arguments makes you damn silly...

So try to read and understand the opposing parties views before engaging them in a debate.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
Long thread can someone tell me who the sacrifice was for? Who needed Someone to Die?
You come die so that another dimension of you can forgive man for sins committed against you grin grin grin
E don they wey 419 start.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sunshine1974(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
frank317:
CaptainJune, you are just bringing in unnecessary Logic here. How exactly is Jesus or God's death a sacrifice? Sacrifice to what end? Sacrifice to who and for what?
He was a spirit man. He took a temporary flesh body and looses it for just three days and in those three days he just simply became his main spirit man. After that he came back to temporal flesh. And you call that a sacrifice? Lol
Yet he willingly returned back to his spirit being. What's the sacrifice there really?
If I am asked to die for the whole world for three days and you give me just 10000 naira in return, I will gladly "sacrifice" my life cool
the suffering he suffered b4 death guy, u cant stand it even for a promise of a Billion naira
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Allosaurus:

Allah is a bloodsucking demon and muhammad was a paedophile and rapist. He spent his entire useless life fighting and killing innocent people. Unfortunately, he died and was buried like a leper.
Your quran is the evil book Shekau recites before beheading his victims. So, tell me, why must I put my faith in Islam?

Wetin consign me consign Koran....

Allah, Yahweh and their prophets are demons...

Ye is a demon worshipper...
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
modeller:
CHIRST is risen.
Really?

bad guys are not the problem of the world but rather IDIIOTS!"

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KiNiBiGd: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
Why this argument, hold onto what you believe, either you like or not JESUS CHRIST IS LORD of the universe. We celebrate you master JESUS [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sammhi(m): 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
Vecto:

This is a logical deduction but its flawed on a closer analysis. Please explain Psalm 49:7 which emphatically states flesh cannot redeem flesh. Howfo you reconcile that with your assertion that it was only the human flesh that tasted death and NOT.HIS DIVINE NATURE?

BTW, all that scripture shows is that Jesus sacrificed his flesh, but continued as a conscious being so that he could raise up three days later. That shows he didn't die.
not so sir...
you must first understand why man need redemption. The first man was Adam ..he led his offspring to sin and death through disobedience . Rom 5: 12 and Rom 5 :19
the first man was human ...the second Adam(Jesus) had to be human not a god ! 1cor 15:45.a life giving spirit
but no human born from Adam could redeem himself not to talk of others ps 49: 7-9....so Jesus came as human to redeem man not as a God or spirit .
Jesus main task was to use his human body as a sacrifice for sins .. Math 20: 28
blood of goats and bulls were used for sin atonement before Jesus came to earth but Jesus used his own blood and flesh . Heb : 11-`14 which are far more superior . He was not born of flesh but made flesh . he was without sin. ..but every man is already with sin
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Na by force to receive miracles...!? To hell with how he rolls. You're the closed minded one here. Why don't you open your mind to prophet muhammad. I hope before you die you will receive his message.
my mind is already filled with a meSsages of Jesus. One whose message makes perfect sense and miracles I see everyday. What do you believe in?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Really?

bad guys are not the problem of the world
but rather IDIIOTS!"
IDIIOTS are not really the problem my friend but the IDIIOTS who think and hold strongly to it that they are the wise ones.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ibolt4m(m): 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
I think heaven saw d equility there,a perfect human dies to save d imperfect human race.....now ask urslf once more,did jesus deserve to die....? No is d most fair answer...thank u jesus!!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KiNiBiGd: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
JESUS NA YOU DEY REIGN O!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Chrisbenogor:
Long thread can someone tell me who the sacrifice was for? Who needed Someone to Die?
You come die so that another dimension of you can forgive man for sins committed against you grin grin grin

Go ask any Christian IF you are preoared to accept their answer! You just want to insult believers. What a sad person!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
That is why He's who He is. Different from you, right?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
God raise him from the death not by his power
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Apples are corporeal and thus will be seen if present and non visibility indicates non presence. Visibility is thus IN THIS CASE a valid test of presence of the object.

God is proposed as a non corporeal being. We could not see if he was there, we could not see if he was not.
If you could not see or know how/if he was there, how do you define his presence? You need faith to do that. Faith works one way; non-faith can not be described as a type of faith.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by bankylan: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
All these black heads that can't think of anything to better their lives now feel they have the spiritual depth to understand the death of the cross....Dont die until you realise the sovereignty of Jesus.....He loves you but hates the sins in you.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Raziii:
my mind is already filled with a meSsages of Jesus. One whose message makes perfect sense and miracles I see everyday. What do you believe in?

I believe in my heritage, lineage and the teachings of my ancestors. Not the heritage, lineage or teachings of someone else's ancestors.

Don't forget that you are a gentile according to the message of Jesus and him papa..
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ybalogs(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?
The time and period for which that sacrifice was made Is gone forever. Your discomfort for those days you left your bed for your younger ones, the fact that you won't use your laptop for that day you gave it to your friend and the fact that you may have to make use of okada or danfo just cos you sacrificed your car for that day. So it's not about loosing your priced assets for that day but the time, pleasure and extra cash sacrificed.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ybalogs(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?
The time and period for which that sacrifice was made Is gone forever. Your discomfort for those days you left your bed for your younger ones, the fact that you won't use your laptop for that day you gave it to your friend and the fact that you may have to make use of okada or danfo just cos you sacrificed your car for that day. So it's not about loosing your priced assets for that day but the time, pleasure and extra cash sacrificed is lost forever.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by dazzlingd(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
chai! aethists ti take over....damn, this too hot...runs outta thread..
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Coldfeets: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
kestolove95:
I saw jesus at viewing centr last nyt in nnsuka

You don't mean it!

This is serious!

Anyway, was he eating okpa nsukka when you saw him? tongue
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by deathmen12: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
And that is why at the mention of his name every kneel bow, every situation bow, and every tongue make confesion that he is d son of God...
Jamesrock:
I MAY NOT BE ALIVE THEN , BUT I SO BELIEVE HE DIED AND RESSURECTED ON THE THIRD DAY COS DEAD MEN DON'T ANSWER MY PRAYERS

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gud4dbest(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Bros,too much of logical reasoning will harm u...dis world has made it known dat there's a limit to logical reasonin...
GooseBaba:

"death which is permanent is not able to hold him "..Bros you read wetin you write so.?

If death is impossible to hold him, then that makes his sacrifice null and void. If you know before hand that your love one would die in front of you and ressurect in 3 days would you cry? If yes? Cry for what? the guy just make him mama cry anyhow for nothing..
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
musKeeto:

What was he to lose? His life.
What did he gain? His life.
Was he aware death wasn't final? Yes, he was.
What was he? A substitue for the livestock sacrificed under the Old covenant.
Did livestock resurrect, like zombie chickens and cows and pigs? No, they stayed dead.
Jesus didn't stay dead. So what was lost?

His life on earth was cut short. Even we christians tht believe in life after death dnt want to die young, not to talk of the grievous way Christ was murdered.
Jesus story and believers wouldn't have lingered this long, if the story was false.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by LOVEGINO(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

why d tomb come look like pu**y hole na cry
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by wiseoneking: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

The most stupid questions in years by lower brains. He sacrifed His life by dying so that if you died, you can live again. Remember it will be too late to ask Him this stupid question in Eternity. God in the flesh is far more than a sacrifice. Dont mock Christ in your great ignorance. Thats too expensive. Eternernity is just at the door of few months/yrs which is right there with your dead.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Chrisbenogor:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 corinthians 1:18
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Iamvictor(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
1 Corinthians 1:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ the Power and Wisdom of God
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

If you could not see or know how/if he was there, how do you define his presence? You need faith to do that. Faith works one way; non-faith can not be described as a type of faith.

Very incorrect but just the sort of confused thinking you seem always to exhibit.

What does "define his presence" mean? Lol.

Only agnosticism does not require faith.

By the way I am not agnostic.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Hilzidea(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=musKeeto post=37206060] Word!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.