Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? (20084 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:
I am presently in my first year in the university studying Philosophy. I came to Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.

But I just met someone who works in a very prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.

That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said I may not even need to touch my salary at all for a year.

But, my school is in the North Central, very far from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already have an OND from a Polytechnic which qualifies me for the job.

This could help me start my dream as I intend going into Agriculture.
What should I do?
Why don't you wait & secure the job first bro....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by yomalex(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by adanny01(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
Find a school in or around Lagos and find admission. Defer the other school by a semester and keep the job on trial.

If the job does not make sense or cant find another admission that soon,go back to your other school. If your deferment wont work. Dont risk your bright future.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Melahou(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
GO BACK TO SCHOOL...
what if after a year or so the firm folds up

You will get a job when you are through with school

is not all that glitters is Gold...stay focus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
NOUN is there for you na

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin
yemi2plus:

No two way about it. You're a KSU student, your GST exam start by Monday, hope you're reading?

The bad guys got me. grin
But, I'm really thinking of leaving though. Will leave on sunday for the exam sha.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by sidneyj(m): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
(Killing two birds with one stone) PT program will be the best. You don't need to sit for jamb. Just get your form early and you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Evaromantik(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
You can decide for yourself........there is no job opportunity here and Buhari is not ready to tackle it but to probe every mosuquito and ant that bites.......upon his Bennin Republic visit,he told Nigerians there not to return and add to Nigerian burden

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Joshmon(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisi:
Thats very good. I am presently in my first year in the
university studying Philosophy. I came to
Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is
over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm
still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.
But I just met someone who works in a very
prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered
to help me get employed in the firm next
month.
That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k
plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said
I may not even need to touch my salary at all
for a year.
But, my school is in the North Central, very far
from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already
have an OND from a Polytechnic which
qualifies me for the job.
This could help me start my dream as I intend
going into Agriculture.
What should I do?

Personally,I'll suggest u accept d job offer,quit ur skul and start a PT program ASAP...

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by focus7: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
You can't mortgage you studies and your future on the platform of 70k, that amount may seems huge to you now but it will soon become too little for you to build your life on. What education offers you is more than knowledge, it offers you platform, it offers you leverage, please go ahead and complete your studies so that you can provide employment for some tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by WaleBinSanusi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
I will advice you stay on the job and try get a school in Lagos to further ur education.
You need both

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
Melahou:
GO BACK TO SCHOOL...
what if after a year or so the firm folds up

You will get a job when you are through with school

is not all that glitters is Gold...stay focus

It can't fold up bro. I would have said it's a govt organization but, GEJ already privatized that sector.
Thanks tho.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
lasu do part time
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by freecocoa(f): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Whatever you do, be sure the person will come through on his promise, some people are very unreliable.

You should not quit school, a part time schooling in Lagos will do.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Take up the job, then opt for a part time degree program in any accredited university around your place of employment.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
focus7:
You can't mortgage you studies and your future on the platform of 70k, that amount may seems huge to you now but it will soon become too little for you to build your life on. What education offers you is more than knowledge, it offers you platform, it offers you leverage, please go ahead and complete your studies so that you can provide employment for some tomorrow.

Thanks, but u just succeeded in getting me the more confused.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by kayceeD2(m): 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:
I am presently in my first year in the university studying Philosophy. I came to Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.

But I just met someone who works in a very prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.

That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said I may not even need to touch my salary at all for a year.

But, my school is in the North Central, very far from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already have an OND from a Polytechnic which qualifies me for the job.

What should I do?
osisie wait are u kidding me?
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by bibi1234: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

What should I do?
Best advice just defer your admission and see if the job is worth it and you can go back later and continue I am not of the idea doing part time just don't quit.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Take the Job and get a part time degree.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Alajiki(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
I'm talking from experience. Job is hard to come by this day. Defer your education for a year and take up that job. If the job is worth it, quit that school altogether and enroll for PT. I have a friend who us a don at NBC now. He left school and stuck to the NBC job. He later earned his degree via PT and today, he calls the shot.

The 70k is okay for your level. I have several MSC holders today who do not have that kind of job.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
kayceeD2:

osisie wait are u kidding me?

Kaycee, stop! I'm not kidding u.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by fibonacciseries(f): 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

What should I do?

Don't quit schooling but you can change school and run it on part-time. It's better to work and study rather than after the study, you'll be looking for the job. Pls, take each opportunities as they come.
Best of luck Op.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by harsysky(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

What should I do?

@Op, unless there is Something very wrong with my reading comprehension, you said he offered to help you secure a Job. That means he has not gotten the the Job, yet, for you. A bird in the hand is worth two in thE bush. You have ur education now, continue handling it till you confirm he has secured the job for you. And if he finally does secure it, many on this forum have given you quality advices to follow. God will cause you to make the better decision.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by olamind15(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Quit schooling nd engage in parttym in lagos . Pls hlp me I nid a job 2 ooo
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by olamind15(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Quit schooling nd engage in parttym in lagos . Pls hlp me I nid a job ooo
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:
You are economical with the truth, which firm will pay a 100level undergraduate 70k per month when the Graduates are still roaming about to secure a 50k job? You people should just fear God. Or the person who promised you the job is a scammer.

U never know.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
But i can rap so Bleep school I'm too brut to go back
Give me a Mic and show me where the fucking studio's at...

IS EMINEM NOT AMONG THE MOST FAMOUS AND RICHEST??

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
saintTim:
Few months later after he took the job, buhari sacked the head of the firm and replaced with another there was a Shake off and the gentle man was rellived of his work he couldn't get another so he commited sucide hmmmm eyaaa

That is how lala will post ur obituary
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're crazy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Firstinland: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
A newly established financial firm with international affiliation requires the service of vibrant business development officers to drive the new business.
The requirements for this position are as follow: Minimum of BSc or equivalent in any discipline. Must be outgoing and fluent. Good knowledge of computer operations, internet and social networking Must possess good organizational skills Must be able to work with little or no supervision. Organization of Marketing/promotion campaign experience will be added advantage Interested applicants to please send their Credentials and CV to this email: Firstinlandmicrofinancebanks@gmail.com Office location is around Lagos-Ikeja axis.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by heftycul: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Take the job
Dnt quit school
Change school

Probably distance learning program in unilag
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by slimmyjimmy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
HerexG:
I suggest you pick up a part school form asap

It will be so illogical going back school and coming back to the labor market after graduation.

Abeg pick the job jare or what are you going to school for ?

It is called using a stone to kill two birds

wink
-HerexG
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by noraola: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
IF U ARE A BELIEVER - PRAY TO GOD FOR DIRECTION
QED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt / Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.