Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? (20085 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by unbrandedspace(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Dont quit sch for any job. ]

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by unbrandedspace(m): 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Open university if u ask me,is not really recognised o
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by cococandy(f): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
jaybee3:
A degree in philosophy wouldn't enhance your chance of securing a better pay upon graduation

You already have an OND and will almost certainly be pushing above your weight with a 70k job

I'd say bone the philosophy degree for now

Exactly.

Philosophy in Nigeria? Or anywhere else for that matter. How lucrative is the degree?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by jaybee3(m): 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
cococandy:

Exactly.

Philosophy in Nigeria? Or anywhere else for that matter. How lucrative is the degree?
I dey tell you
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by 400billionman: 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

Admission isn't easy to get in this country u know. Waited a long time b4 I got this one.

Going to school is not an END. but getting a good job is.

School is just a means to an end and it's not the only MEANS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by tall2ce(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
change sch probably go to yabatech or unilag and accept the job.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Missbizy(f): 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Since you are just in ur first year you can quit that school apply for part time admission to anoda school that is within the state, gettin a job isn't easy so make a wise choice.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
AncientJerk:
Oga Sir, the end justifies the means. What is your goal in life? Does studying Philosophy tie into your vision for life? don't go for just any course simply because yo want to attach graduate to your name. In this situation, which of the two options will take you in the direction of your vision and goals?

GOD Bless U real good! U just asked a question many people never considered b4 giving me advice.

Education is not really my thing. Although I'm good at it. My goal in life is to be a successful entrepreneur. I wanna set up businesses here and there. And then do a lot of agriculture.

I also wanna do music with all my heart. And I guess I don't need a degree to be successful in music.

I only fear the discrimination u get to face when u don't have a degree, and that's the ONLY reason I'm actually in school. I'll eventually quit the job once I've grown my asset column.

Oh, I forgot to mention my dream school.....New York Film Academy, yeah I love film making. Thanks, a lot. I guess its been too much talking.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thank u guys, the responses have been tremendous. I was shocked to see this thread on front page.

I must confess, I got lost in the excitement.

It's really hard when u don't have no one supporting u through school and u just have to hustle for every penny u get.

The lack and hunger I had to bear coupled with inability to pay my rent just shifts me off balance. Like I said, I'm doing a holiday job, just so I can catch up on my bills.

U know how when a session ends, u begin thinking of how to pay ur fees and all.
I had wanted doing that NOUN stuff before I got the admission. People say the school isn't for young folks.
I'm just thinking to skip lectures, but do assignments and run to sch for exams. If I can catch up. A good idea?

I must appreciate everyone. Thank u so much. Especially the poster that asked what my dream in life is.

Kind Regards.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by udmydearest(f): 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Darling drop that school and take that job pls. Am a graduate, earning 22k monthly, and am the luckiest of my 3friends who are still unemployed after 2yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by gidjah(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
Its because u do not have money boy, by d time u start ds job and grow up a bit, lots of addmission lettes will be bgging for attention on your table in d office o room.Pls get d job and start a new sch plan.wait sef, which one be philosophy?,wetin dem dey carry am do?y would i wanna study dat in a Uni??
Osisie:

Admission isn't easy to get in this country u know. Waited a long time b4 I got this one.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Sunnypar(m): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:
You are economical with the truth, which firm will pay a 100level undergraduate 70k per month when the Graduates are still roaming about to secure a 50k job? You people should just fear God. Or the person who promised you the job is a scammer.
You hardly get truthful contribution on NL.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by frenchboy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good one
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Zaikon(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nicepoker:
this ur advice is a disaster
lol but i never attach your name so why taking it personal.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by uvalued(m): 2:30am On Aug 22, 2015
delishpot:
Change school dont quit school.
agree jor best answer ... as for me oh
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by BrightForYou(m): 4:32am On Aug 22, 2015
Guy,no mind those folks asking and abusing you that you must go back to school that accepting the job is not wise. They know the truth but will never tell you. Please,don't lose the opportunity millions out there are seeking. We all know the situation in this country. You have nothing to lose bro. By the way,you said have passion for music and enterpreneurship, why not pursue a degree on either probably on a part time mode around lagos. Trust me you will be happier.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Antebellum(f): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2015
Sweetheart don't quit coz wen u graduate,better offers will come ur way.nothing beats education

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by tonididdy(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2015
anigbajumo:
What u need nw is to go for PT program in Laspotech nd quit skul asap.....

If only u wnt consider these factor:

Bt earning 70k monthly in lag na suffer ooo..

Feeding...
Transportation...
Buy designers...
If u b dat street nigga (social finz)

Out of dat 70k? Follow yer mind thou undecided lipsrsealed
but he said he may nt have to touch his monthly 70k for a whole year ,did u miss that line?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by buoye1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
I'm just in the same situation... Thank God for the comments

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Jeezbaby(f): 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
I suggest u change ur school by obtaining a part time form in any school here in lagos or go for online schooling , by so doing u will not loose ur job cos to get job this days is an opportunity and once u loose it, it turns to a regret. I hate the word "had I know". Think wide. I rest my case.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Jeezbaby(f): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Antebellum:
Sweetheart don't quit coz wen u graduate,better offers will come ur way.nothing beats education
A lot of pali under the bed. Only God intervention

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by GboyegaD(m): 12:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Osisie:
Thank u guys, the responses have been tremendous. I was shocked to see this thread on front page.

It's really hard when u don't have no one supporting u through school and u just have to hustle for every penny u get.

The lack and hunger I had to bear coupled with inability to pay my rent just shifts me off balance. Like I said, I'm doing a holiday job, just so I can catch up on my bills.

I had wanted doing that NOUN stuff before I got the admission. People say the school isn't for young folks.
I'm just thinking to skip lectures, but do assignments and run to sch for exams. If I can catch up. A good idea?

I must appreciate everyone. Thank u so much. Especially the poster that asked what my dream in life is.

Kind Regards.

You know what is best for yourself however, I don't encourage you quit school for any reason whatsoever. More so, N70k is small if you ask me since you have to pay rent, transport cost, and other day to day expense.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Montmayorblanc(m): 12:32am On Aug 26, 2015
Osisie:

Kind Regards.

My advice is for u to try and secure the job first cos ur school is secured already before deciding on wic to go for right now. From my experience so far after graduating I will say go for the job n do part-time even if it takes anoda 3yrs to get admission, save as u can n go into your agricultural farm u dream of owning.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2015
70k cnt last freva oh, nd with ond dnt tink ur pay wil eva increase xo goto sch nd get ur bsc. dnt let dat moni tempt u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt / Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.