Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? (20083 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by testoy: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Don't Quit your school. get the job offer and proceed to get part time admission in Lagos. All those people that are telling you not to take 70k job are not even working at present. with 70k job in Lagos you can do so many things.

When you finish school, you will still come back to look for 50k job; if you ever see on time

Wise up man

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by tosmartak(m): 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
UNILAG is there. LASU is there. Job is hard to come by these days even after your BSc. You can be working and also enroll for a part time course in a university nearby. After all, you are just in your first year. With that and the job experience you will be getting at the same time, it's worth it.
After your BSc, you might get a better opportunity in thesame firm or better firm.
Nevertheless, don't settle for just the OND.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by TBD(m): 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Go and pick Inter University transfer form and change to Unilag or lasu. To get job in this country is not easy. I also need if u can help me here is my mail address Umarbaba35@gmail.com, study Maths and Computer science!

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by tosmartak(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
TBD:
Go and pick Inter University transfer form and change to Unilag or lasu. To get job in this country is not easy. I also need if u can help me here is my mail address Umarbaba35@gmail.com, study Maths and Computer science!

grin Sharp guy

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by HerexG(m): 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
slimmyjimmy:
-HerexG

Abeg who you be o ?
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
DonDemu:
But i can rap so Bleep school I'm too brut to go back
Give me a Mic and show me where the fucking studio's at...

IS EMINEM NOT AMONG THE MOST FAMOUS AND RICHEST??

Bros, ehmm, when I said I wanted to chase my dream....I refrained myself from saying it's music. So these folks won't lash me. But I'm a rapper too. And music is my passion as well as business and agriculture.

Thanks for being blunt.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:
You are economical with the truth, which firm will pay a 100level undergraduate 70k per month when the Graduates are still roaming about to secure a 50k job? You people should just fear God. Or the person who promised you the job is a scammer.

He has an OND he said.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by sunnychuks(m): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
If the Job is Genuine pick it and Enroll@ Lagos Open university.They have Courses that will be suitable for you including Philosophy. Cheers
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by 2good(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
If you quit school because of the OND job, you will have yourself to blame when you still earn 70k 10 years later. Most OND jobs don't have a career, so think wisely

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Manchelsea(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
A very big congrats to those that played our games, the winning has just started.....you can still check the posted games if you think it is a scam....on www.90minutesprediction.com sign up and get all our games free.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nlevel(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
....and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.Wait till you get d job first.That may just be one of those many promises without fulfillment.Take your time,be patient and see how things unravel with time...but if it works out bros i ll advice u take up the job oooo and look for a school around like NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY in Lagos to further your studies.Just be wise,do this and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by effrebor(m): 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
You can actually defer ur admission

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
One major problem with the University is how it sucks 4-6 full years away from real people who could be creating real value. In return for losing 4 years, you get an “education.” The assumption that you spend 4 years learning so that you never have to learn again? Of course, you’ll continue to learn for the rest of your life. So why spend 4 years just learning and the rest of your life working and learning? It makes no sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by ogawisdom(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

Admission isn't easy to get in this country u know. Waited a long time b4 I got this one.

getting a job dt can pay 70k monthly is harder than getting admission

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by adeoyesam(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Since u don't no about d job security and u don't want to loose in two ways. I will advice u to deffered ur admission and continue with d job and if u later satisfy with d job, u can then now go for part time programm and if it otherwise u can go back and continue from where u stopped.

Just simple as ABC shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Jennifer89(f): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
op u are yet to get the job. what if it doesn't work out as planed? just be wise. go back to school.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by fastlane84: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:
You are economical with the truth, which firm will pay a 100level undergraduate 70k per month when the Graduates are still roaming about to secure a 50k job? You people should just fear God. Or the person who promised you the job is a scammer.

Guy/babe coys they hoooo

.. P&G, Dellottie(wrong spelling)... MainOne cable
Etc
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by HDee(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
ogawisdom:

getting a job dt can pay 70k monthly is harder than getting admission
not if you have this money! You can do anything in dis country
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:
I am presently in my first year in the university studying Philosophy. I came to Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.

But I just met someone who works in a very prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.

That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said I may not even need to touch my salary at all for a year.

But, my school is in the North Central, very far from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already have an OND from a Polytechnic which qualifies me for the job.

This could help me start my dream as I intend going into Agriculture.

What should I do?
Differ ur studies for one year and see how the work goes.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Ridwan6588(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is pathetic MAN!, but since you've already gotten your OND, you can quit schooling since it is very far and you dont wana miss the opportunity, take DIRECT ENTRY into one university in Lagos now or even Obtain HND form there but it will be on a PART TIME Programme you know......... thats good

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by md4u2: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
if the job thing is geniue,pickup te job and apply for part time study.....i wish u good luck
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
phylosophy ko,phylosophy ni,pls drop it and face your job,and enrol parttime Agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by meforyou1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Op, I advise you to go and complete your studies. Forget the promises. 70k job, for holiday job is tempting, but for a graduate it is very small.
And if they sack u from the job one day, or you resign voluntarily, what certificate are u going to use to seek for another job?
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by murphybo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
if u get the job the best thing for you to do is grab it with both hands,you can enroll yasef in NOUN where u can gt your certificate with ease. Don't wish you to experience what labour market is made up off... think twice

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
Oga Sir, the end justifies the means. What is your goal in life? Does studying Philosophy tie into your vision for life? don't go for just any course simply because yo want to attach graduate to your name. In this situation, which of the two options will take you in the direction of your vision and goals?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by mandai01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Bro, I know a million and one graduates who are not doing jobs that offered them as much as 70k a month. One of the problems is studying courses that leave you in the middle of no where after school. Bottomline, if you are telling urself the truth about this job of yours, quit school, pick the job and find a school to get a better degree even through PT. You'll thank us later. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:
I am presently in my first year in the university studying Philosophy. I came to Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.

But I just met someone who works in a very prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.

That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said I may not even need to touch my salary at all for a year.

But, my school is in the North Central, very far from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already have an OND from a Polytechnic which qualifies me for the job.

This could help me start my dream as I intend going into Agriculture.

What should I do?
Have you heard of NOUN?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by fredleo95(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Bruh you can run a part-time program, you know some opportunities like this dont come very often... There are many institutions in Lagos and nearby states.... so dont ruin ur opportunity bro thats good cash

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by LKO(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:

He said he has an OND certificate, and that qualifies him for d job.

Take d job and register for a degree course later at national open university. I have friends who read philosophy and still battling to get a job. Philosophy is a funny course, I can bet my all, dat u didnt apply to study philosophy when u were seeking for admission, d sch gave u dat course when u couldnt get admission into ur preferred course. This is d situation for many people who are studying dat course.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nicepoker(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Zaikon:
bro. it a great opportunity dnt abuse it, remember thousand of graduate are praying for that. So be wise coz even after your sch u will still need it. About hard time in securing admission bro forget that it just as easy as eating banana, just forget that sch first.
this ur advice is a disaster

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by bibi1234: 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
tosmartak:
UNILAG is there. LASU is there. Job is hard to come by these days even after your BSc. You can be working and also enroll for a part time course in a university nearby. After all, you are just in your first year. With that and the job experience you will be getting at the same time, it's worth it.
After your BSc, you might get a better opportunity in thesame firm or better firm.
Nevertheless, don't settle for just the OND.
Mehn good say mehn I totally agree with you
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by kayceeD2(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

Kaycee, stop! I'm not kidding u.
bro no leave the job o.. Me wey be graduate self na 35k i dey earn for now.. Defer ur admission first.. Then see how the job will be for a year b4 concluding

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt / Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.