Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:21 PM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (32793 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusion so soon. cry

Apology accepted.

Let's move on.

Now, can I respect someone other than 'the son'?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Apology accepted.

Let's move on.

Now, can I respect someone other than 'the son'?

Yes, provided they are on this side of eternity. smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Ok,

But who gave the condition?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Did you read the next verse?

"And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah. For he knew not what to say; for they were sore afraid" (Mark 9:5,6).

Do you want to make a doctrine out of what someone said in confusion? Do you remember rebuking Peter when he allowed Satan to speak through him?

And Jesus did not rebuke Peter for proposing idolatry, abi?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Ok,

His cartoonist.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

1Peter2:17 Give honor to all, love the community, fear God, honor the king.

You keep contradicting the bible.

smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

1Peter2:17 Give honor to all, love the community, fear God, honor the king.

You keep contradicting the bible.

smiley

You have to qualify your "all". Does your "all" include demons? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
@Olaadegbu,

I asked.

dmandy:

Ok,

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Now you call the Holy Spirit's "all", my own.

Am I the writer of 1st Peter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

And Jesus did not rebuke Peter for proposing idolatry, abi?

Jesus knew he was discombobulated so there was no need for a rebuke. cool
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

No gymnastics, see another translation:
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king” (1 Peter 2:17).

Watch who make up everyone in the passage.

Again, look at the word 'proper', what respect is proper for demons?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:
@Olaadegbu,

I asked.

1. Where is it written that Mary and the Saints cannot hear, then?

2. 1Cor13:12 and 1John3:2 that say we will be like God and know fully are my Church traditions?

3. What do we know and prophesy in part, that we will know and prophesy fully (according to 1Cor13:9-12 )?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:
@Olaadegbu,

I asked.

I asked too:

2. 1Cor13:12 and 1John3:2 that say we will be like God and know fully are my Church traditions?

3. What do we know and prophesy in part, that we will know and prophesy fully (according to 1Cor13:9-12 )?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

I asked too:

dmandy:
@Olaadegbu,
I asked.

Who gave the conditions for respect

How can we discuss if you keep evading questions? Remember, some non-Christians may be converted through reading this post.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

No gymnastics, see another translation:
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king” (1 Peter 2:17).

Watch who make up everyone in the passage.

Again, look at the word 'proper', what respect is proper for demons?

Has he told you who gave the condition to respect only those on the side of eternity?

And if the Angels and Saints are on the side of eternity?

1 Like

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

Has he told you who gave the condition to respect only those on the side of eternity?

And if the Angels and Saints are on the side of eternity?

I am yet to hear from him o.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

I am yet to hear from him o.

When I show him 1Pet2:17, he says it is my words.

When I show him 1John3:2 and 1Cor13:13, he says it is My Church tradition.

He only believes in his cartoons.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Ok,

God. Listen to what the angel said when John wanted to bow the knee to worship him:

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (Rev. 19:10).

Below is what a Bible commentator wrote about this verse:

John wants to bow the knee and worship the angel. But the angel tells him not to do that because he is a fellow creature. If the angel says that he is a fellow creature like John and that John is not to bow to him, then neither should anyone else bow to an angel or any creature so as to offer worship. Worship includes prayer. Therefore, no one should pray to any created thing.

Biblically, prayer is always offered to God and is a form of worship. All religions view prayer as an act of worship to their god(s) since they contain petitions, confession of sin, requests of intercession, etc.,--things which are received and answered by God and not by created things.

Also, prayer is not the same thing as talking to someone face-to-face. Prayer is a humble petition to the Lord and not to a friend who's in the same room with you or on the other end of the phone--or in Heaven. Prayer is offered to God--never to any created thing. To do so is to offer worship that should only be directed to God, which is idolatry. Prayer should be offered only to God, and the Roman Catholic Church needs to repent of its false and idolatrous practice of praying to the saints.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

When I show him 1Pet2:17, he says it is my words.

When I show him 1John3:2 and 1Cor13:13, he says it is My Church tradition.

He only believes in his cartoons.

Lolx, trust me, Olaadegbu is not coming back until someone from his camp comes with a different topic entirely. He is probably somewhere bad-mouthing muslims and Christ embassy. That's his job.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

God. Listen to what the angel said when John wanted to bow the knee to worship him:

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (Rev. 19:10).

Below is what a Bible commentator wrote about this verse:

Waoh...

I never knew, you will come back. I'm sorry for thinking otherwise.

Now, the only differences between 'worship' and 'respect' is not in their spelling and pronunciations. The meaning and application also differ. Okay?

Did God say we should respect anybody, provided they are on this part of eternity?

added

I never knew that eternity had different parts. Thanks for that.

You see, we learn everyday. Sometimes I'm tempted to think that I am wasting precious man hour discussion religion on Nairaland. But when I remember that someone might read this discussion and learn, I stay put.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Lolx, trust me, Olaadegbu is not coming back until someone from his camp comes with a different topic entirely. He is probably somewhere bad-mouthing muslims and Christ embassy. That's his job.

He lived up to my expectations.

Rushed out to open anothet anti-Islam message out there. With so much religious intolerance, how can we continue?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

John wants to bow the knee and worship the angel. But the angel tells him not to do that because he is a fellow creature. If the angel says that he is a fellow creature like John and that John is not to bow to him, then neither should anyone else bow to an angel or any creature so as to offer worship. Worship includes prayer. Therefore, no one should pray to any created thing.

Biblically, prayer is always offered to God and is a form of worship. All religions view prayer as an act of worship to their god(s) since they contain petitions, confession of sin, requests of intercession, etc.,--things which are received and answered by God and not by created things.

Also, prayer is not the same thing as talking to someone face-to-face. Prayer is a humble petition to the Lord and not to a friend who's in the same room with you or on the other end of the phone--or in Heaven. Prayer is offered to God--never to any created thing. To do so is to offer worship that should only be directed to God, which is idolatry. Prayer should be offered only to God, and the Roman Catholic Church needs to repent of its false and idolatrous practice of praying to the saints.

Who is a Bible commentator?

I am also a Bible commentator, listen to what I have to Say.

Confession is also a form of prayer, St. Paul said 'confess your sins to one another'. So clearly, you can pray to creatures. Begging is also a form of prayer, ' At dawn the next morning, the angels begged Lot to hurry', clearly angels prayed to Lot.

Praise is also a form of prayer, Paul praised Timothy, 'I have no one like him'.

Tell, your Bible commentator that prayer is not the only form of worship. Tell him also to stop standing logic on its head. The Bible said John wanted to worship the angel and NOT john wanted to pray to the angel. Distortion of facts.

***added***
Tell him to get his facts right before accusing anybody.

Tell him that I put it to him that he does the following forms of worship to people (creatures)
1. raising of hands
2. thanking and appreciation
3. kneeling down
4. bowing
5. Showing love and affection
6. offering
7. Salutation and greeting
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by benjibabs(m): 1:28am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

I would take the road that leads to my destination 100%.

In this case, both roads lead to my destination 100%.

Concerning the bold, you're saying Matt17:3, 1Cor14:12, 1John3:2, John11:26,27 etc that prove that the saints can hear and communicate are not scripture?

Meanwhile you have not shown one verse that says "Mary cannot hear prayers"...from Genesis to Revelation.

See your life outside! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
A simple test, you failed woefully. Little wonder you're quoting scriptures out of context and picking and choosing.

Was this what the question say?
In this case, both roads lead to my destination 100%.

For some weird reason you wanted to take road B, but to get you to your destination for sure on Road B, you must change the question. The same thing you are doing with the bible. Despite the fact that Jesus said he is the only way(100%) to the father, you decide to follow some Mary/Saint way (that will maybe or maybe not get you to the father) and therefore you much change the bible to fit your assumption. Q.E.D.

It is finished! cool
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by benjibabs(m): 1:50am On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

I will take Road A sharp sharp.

What if you know a friend who has passed through road A, would you ask him to show you road A, or would you rather guess which road is A or B?

Brahahahahahaha !!! You and your bro from Italy are just unbelievable!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Was there any mention of friend in the question? Why do you have to guess? The question clearly states Road "A" and road "B." If the question simply said two roads without labels, then the risk of missing which is which will exist. See you life outside? Simple question, you failed woefully. grin grin grin

The same thing you do with the bible - add your own piece by the way of assumptions and complicate simple verses.

E.g in one of your posts, you asked me what those saints did when they rose up from their graves . How on mother earth would I know? the bible did not say more than they rose form their grave and showed themselves to folks. Whether they spoke to anyone, met with their families, ate, drank, returned to their graves, rose to the sky or stayed alive for several more years, WE DON'T KNOW. So, leave it that way! Don't assume anything. Those few lines that described the event were included in the scriptures for a purpose and they achieved the purpose. So, what they did afterward is of no significance. I'll leave you to figure our that purpose. wink FYI, it is okay to say I don't know as a christian and that is why the bible say we know in part in this world. You cannot know everything, otherwise you don become God be that o!

Here is the same final thought I gave to ya bro from Italy:
For some weird reason you wanted to take road B, but to get you to your destination for sure on Road B, you must change the question. The same thing you are doing with the bible. Despite the fact that Jesus said he is the only way(100%) to the father, you decide to follow some Mary/Saint way (that will maybe or maybe not get you to the father) and therefore you much change the bible to fit your assumption. Q.E.D.

It is finished! cool
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 5:26am On Sep 10, 2015
benjibabs:

See your life outside! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
A simple test, you failed woefully. Little wonder you're quoting scriptures out of context and picking and choosing.

Was this what the question say?

It is finished! cool

Is is Jesus that told us to pray for one another. It is Jesus that told us to confess our sins to men.

Because he knew that intercessory prayer doesn't take him out of the picture...that intercessory prayer of Saints is directed to him.

Unfortunately, you're making a fool of yourself by condemning what was encouraged by Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2015
benjibabs:

Brahahahahahaha !!! You and your bro from Italy are just unbelievable!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, you enjoy talking down on people you don't know, if it makes you feel good.

benjibabs:
Was there any mention of friend in the question?

No, I answered your question. I said I will follow road A then I put a fullstop (.).
benjibabs:

Why do you have to guess? The question clearly states Road "A" and road "B." If the question simply said two roads without labels, then the risk of missing which is which will exist. See you life outside? Simple question, you failed woefully. grin grin grin

Your question was answered. I introduced the guess aspect, that was my question not yours. I answered you. How did I fail?

benjibabs:
The same thing you do with the bible - add your own piece by the way of assumptions and complicate simple verses.

No, I don't do this. Can you prove this assertion.

benjibabs:
E.g in one of your posts, you asked me what those saints did when they rose up from their graves . How on mother earth would I know? the bible did not say more than they rose form their grave and showed themselves to folks. Whether they spoke to anyone, met with their families, ate, drank, returned to their graves, rose to the sky or stayed alive for several more years, WE DON'T KNOW. So, leave it that way! Don't assume anything. Those few lines that described the event were included in the scriptures for a purpose and they achieved the purpose. So, what they did afterward is of no significance. I'll leave you to figure our that purpose. wink FYI, it is okay to say I don't know as a christian and that is why the bible say we know in part in this world. You cannot know everything, otherwise you don become God be that o!

I asked you a question, the best thing to do was answer, 'they showed themselves to many as the bible recorded'. But you chose to answer for everyone 'WE DON'T KNOW'. But you are wrong, the Bible told us they went and showed themselves to the people. Matt 27: 53 That, my brother is communication (a proof of resurrection)

@Bold, Yes, its okay not to know, but instead of saying so, hear yourself 'WE DONT KNOW', Who are you speaking for brother?

benjibabs:
Here is the same final thought I gave to ya bro from Italy:

I am glad you said, it was your thought and guess what your thoughts are not the thoughts of God. Is 55:8

benjibabs:
For some weird reason you wanted to take road B, but to get you to your destination for sure on Road B, you must change the question.

If you were reading without bias you would have read me say 'I will take road A', Its there for you to see.

benjibabs:
The same thing you are doing with the bible. Despite the fact that Jesus said he is the only way(100%) to the father, you decide to follow some Mary/Saint way (that will maybe or maybe not get you to the father) and therefore you much change the bible to fit your assumption. Q.E.D.

It is finished! cool

Jesus is the only way (100%), Very correct. But, Jesus has asked us to lead others to Him. And that what Mary and Saints (those here and those already in glory) do, they lead us to the only way, Jesus. Listen to her, 'Do whatever He tells you' John 2:5.

Thanks for the argument so far.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
If God allowed Mary to see what's going on in earth in her name, what do you think Mary would do or say?

1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2015
Mary already knows what is happening on earth.

She is like God (1John3:2) and knows in full (1Cor13:12)

In fact, she already knew while on earth that 'all generations will call her blessed.'

She must be crying for you calling her demon.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

Mary already knows what is happening on earth.

She is like God (1John3:2) and knows in full (1Cor13:12)

In fact, she already knew while on earth that 'all generations will call her blessed.'

She must be crying for you calling her demon.

If she is like God and knows in full then that explains why Roman Catholics have exalted her status to deity and hence worship her as the "Queen of heaven" and that explains why she will be crying right now. undecided

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If she is like God and knows in full then that explains why Roman Catholics have exalted her status to deity and hence worship her as the "Queen of heaven" and that explains why she will be crying right now. undecided

There's no "if."

It is the bible that said she is like God and knows fully.

You need to read the Bible and become a Christian.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Welcome back!!!

I knew you would come whenever someone from your camp raises another point.

How far?

I purposely, cancelled that your claim, its unfounded and we will definitely arrive at that if you stop evading questions.

My questions for you again...... please be sincere.

Who gave you the conditions for respect?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

Welcome back!!!

I knew you would come whenever someone from your camp raises another point.

How far?

I purposely, cancelled that your claim, its unfounded and we will definitely arrive at that if you stop evading questions.

My questions for you again...... please be sincere.

Who gave you the conditions for respect?

Pls olaadegbu don't forget my questions which you've been dodging

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Vitus Nnadi: A Catholic Priest Artist Shows Off His Talents (video) / Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.