Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (31709 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2015
benjibabs:

Again, you cannot just remove a portion of a sentence and throw the remaining part away; you run the risk of wrong interpretation.

It says we'll see it all...and we'll know Him. The sentence did not end at "all." Was the portion I painted red in your post not part of the sentence?

No part, whether red or blue or green, says that "we will know ourselves."

The bible say we will see clearly and know in full.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2015
benjibabs:

Good job bro!

From your post:
Matt 17:3
Then the three disciples saw Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus.

Moses and Elijah only spoke with Jesus and that makes it an experience unique to Jesus. Moreover, that is totally different from what we are discussing here. Your example will only be acceptable if you confirm that Mary and the saints appear to you and you talk with them each time you offer your prayers to them. If you cannot confirm that, then please provide another example; again, just one. Just one, bro!

Matt 17:3 proves that people who have died and left this world can communicate on earth.

Yes or no?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2015
benjibabs:

Good job bro!

From your post:

Moses and Elijah only spoke with Jesus and that makes it an experience unique to Jesus. Moreover, that is totally different from what we are discussing here. Your example will only be acceptable if you confirm that Mary and the saints appear to you and you talk with them each time you offer your prayers to them. If you cannot confirm that, then please provide another example; again, just one. Just one, bro!

I take it that you are joking. Unique to Jesus you say? What does 'communicate' mean to you?

What do you make of this statement 'The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many'?

Was there communication of any form therein?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2015
benjibabs:

Good! I'm happy you have understanding of physical and spiritual deaths. So, if Jesus was talking about spiritual life, how did you come to the conclusion that physically dead human being who are spiritually alife can communicate with people that are not physically dead? Please show me one example, just one, from the bible where someone who is not dead had any form of communication with dead but spiritually alife person. Just one example , bro.

Then dmandy showed you one example.

Then you said again:

benjibabs:

Good job bro!
From your post:

Are you not ashamed of these lame evading tactics.

Why can't you, "christian," look the truth straight in in eyes and accept that dead men in the bible communicated with someone who wasn't dead?

This is what opposition to the Catholic Church does...

It inevitably leads to opposition to scripture.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2015
italo:

Then dmandy showed you one example.

Then you said again:

Why can't you, "christian," look the truth straight in in eyes and accept that dead men in the bible communicated with someone who wasn't dead?

Thank you Sir,

When he stops doubting the scriptures maybe he will start understanding that God is 'all powerful' and can do anything. Tell him that Our lord said 'He is in error because he does not know the Scriptures or the power of God' Matt 22:29
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

What proof do you have of these?

What kind of proof do you want?

Historical, legal, scriptural, empirical, philosophical?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2015
Mr OLAADEGBU,

I strongly believe you have gotten the answer to your questions.

They can all hear you, if you want any of their numbers all you need do is 'ask'.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by hahn(m): 11:27am On Sep 07, 2015
italo:

Historical, legal, scriptural, empirical, philosophical?

Personal.

What examples in your personal life can you give that prooves your god answers/even hears your prayers. An example of when you or someone close to you had a problem such as an illness, exam etc and got the solution without any personal effort and simply by praying will suffice.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

Personal.

What examples in your personal life can you give that prooves your god answers/even hears your prayers. An example of when you or someone close to you had a problem such as an illness, exam etc and got the solution without any personal effort and simply by praying will suffice.

After that what?

You didn't believe that God exists when Mama Peace said on national TV that 'there is God ooo', na personal example go make u change ur mind? If he told you, trust me, you will dismiss it as mere coincidence.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by menesheh(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

What proof do you have of these?

Provide any, logical, empirical, physical and any proof that is valid.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by hahn(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

After that what?

You didn't believe that God exists when Mama Peace said on national TV that 'there is God ooo', na personal example go make u change ur mind? If he told you, trust me, you will dismiss it as mere coincidence.

It's impolite to reply a question with a question
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

Personal.

You have already defined your idea of God hearing prayers.

You ask me for my personal proof of your idea of God hearing prayers.

Don't you see a problem there?

If it's my personal proof...the it should be my personal idea of God hearing prayers.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

Provide any, logical, empirical, physical and any proof that is valid.

Make up your mind.

What kind of proof is valid to you?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

It's impolite to reply a question with a question
Sorry about that bro.

Was only being curious about what you wanted to achieve by that question. I believe it will help in providing the 'desired' answers.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by menesheh(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2015
italo:

Make up your mind.

What kind of proof is valid to you?

Don't you know the meaning of evidence and proof?

Provide your evidence and proof first, then evaluation of the evidence kicks off.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by hahn(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2015
italo:

You have already defined your idea of God hearing prayers.

You ask me for my personal proof of your idea of God hearing prayers.

Don't you see a problem there?

If it's my personal proof...the it should be my personal idea of God hearing prayers.

So then, what's your personal idea of your god hearing your prayer? And what proof do you have to back up your idea as reality and not just YOUR idea
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by hahn(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Sorry about that bro.

Was only being curious about what you wanted to achieve by that question. I believe it will help in providing the 'desired' answers.

I don't have a "desired" answer. I just want to read his proof. That's all
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

I don't have a "desired" answer. I just want to read his proof. That's all

Better, you just want to read a proof. Goodluck with that.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

So then, what's your personal idea of your god hearing your prayer? And what proof do you have to back up your idea as reality and not just YOUR idea

I pray for God to help me be a better person...and he supplies me with the grace needed.

That is an example of my personal proof of God hearing and answering my prayers.

And it is my personal reality too.

Personal proof validates personal reality.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

Don't you know the meaning of evidence and proof?

Provide your evidence and proof first, then evaluation of the evidence kicks off.

There are many kinds of evidence.
When you're ready, tell me the kind of evidence you want.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by hahn(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
italo:

I pray for God to help me be a better person...and he supplies me with the grace needed.

That is an example of my personal proof of God hearing and answering my prayers.

And it is my personal reality too.

Personal proof validates personal reality.

Ok
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
dmandy:

Mr OLAADEGBU,

I strongly believe you have gotten the answer to your questions.

They can all hear you, if you want any of their numbers all you need do is 'ask'.

If you think Mary hears and answers your prayers you are in for a rude awakening. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you think Mary hears and answers your prayers you are in for a rude awakening. lipsrsealed

And she has just told you this?

But she hears me, If she doesn't hear you. Sorry about that, maybe you can ask God why. Maybe you are bashing Muslims too much... Our Lady loves people with kind heart.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
dmandy:

And she has just told you this?

But she hears me, If she doesn't hear you. Sorry about that, maybe you can ask God why. Maybe you are bashing Muslims too much... Our Lady loves people with kind heart.

Let me let you in on a little secret. Did you know? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
That moment when the OP derails his own topic with heretical memos because he can't stand the biblical evidence put before him showing that Mary and the Saints can hear us.

From "bible alone" to "memes alone."

Tomorrow, he'll say "Catholics don't read bible."

smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by benjibabs(m): 1:39am On Sep 09, 2015
italo:
No part, whether red or blue or green, says that "we will know ourselves."

The bible say we will see clearly and know in full.
Obviously, you have been brainwashed to the extent that you don't even remember your punctuation.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by benjibabs(m): 1:59am On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

Matt 17:3 proves that people who have died and left this world can communicate on earth.

Yes or no?
NO

Provide a scripture that says pray to Mary or example of anyone who prayed to Mary or dead saints, you are quoting the event on mount of transfiguration. Again, when you pray to Mary or dead saints, do they manifest like Moses and Elijah? If you cannot look at two situations and determine their similarities, where are we going to start to explain to you the significance of the event in Matt 17? If that event proved anything at all in respect of praying to the dead, it would be that it is not possible or why did Jesus not just talk with them without them manifesting on earth?
Eh bro?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by benjibabs(m): 3:44am On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

I take it that you are joking. Unique to Jesus you say? What does 'communicate' mean to you?

What do you make of this statement 'The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many'?

Was there communication of any form therein?

Braahahahaahahahahahahahah!!!!

Your case is like that person trying to hide behind a NEPA pole. How convenient? see the quote below:

@Italo,

Brother, u don't get it. Your man wants a verse in the Holy Book where it is explicitly written 'communication' not talking or any other thing. U de mind them?

Do you remember those words? See ya life outside! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now you want to use "communicate" and not "talking" since "talking" did no happen in the scripture you quoted. Just see ya head!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God you did not assume this time that the dead who rose up from their graves went back home and lived happily ever after grin grin grin

You should really cover your face with both your hands and run out of this thread with your tail between your legs just as you did earlier when @Jeromejnr crushed all your attempts to feed us with all the trash that your denomination has stuffed into your thick skull. grin grin grin

Again, this example does not show in any way that those who are dead can hear the living. The event you quoted has its significance in the work of salvation that Jesus came to accomplish. Do you know that both events on Mount of transfiguration that your bros provided and this one occurred only because of Jesus? Prior to Jesus and after him, was there any event like these?

How can I start to educate you on these deep verses when you don't even understand that man, either dead or alive, cannot be omnipresent e.t.c.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by benjibabs(m): 4:04am On Sep 09, 2015

dmandy:

Thank you Sir,

When he stops doubting the scriptures maybe he will start understanding that God is 'all powerful' and can do anything. Tell him that Our lord said 'He is in error because he does not know the Scriptures or the power of God' Matt 22:29

Both of you are clowns and should be confined in the circus to entertain unbelievers with your antics of trying to force a square peg into a round hole! grin grin grin

It is more than 2wks that this thread opened and you are yet to provide just one scripture to back up your claims. It is abundantly clear that you neither know nor understand the God you claim to serve. As I have mentioned earlier, the message of the bible is extremely simple, you will need someone to help you miss it. Let me ask you one last question before I leave . . .

If road A leads to your destination, 100% guaranteed and road B may or may not lead you to your destination, which one would you take? It is not a trick question o. Just apply common sense and should get the right answer. wink
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 6:51am On Sep 09, 2015
benjibabs:
NO

Provide a scripture that says pray to Mary or example of anyone who prayed to Mary or dead saints, you are quoting the event on mount of transfiguration. Again, when you pray to Mary or dead saints, do they manifest like Moses and Elijah? If you cannot look at two situations and determine their similarities, where are we going to start to explain to you the significance of the event in Matt 17? If that event proved anything at all in respect of praying to the dead, it would be that it is not possible or why did Jesus not just talk with them without them manifesting on earth?
Eh bro?

Let us understand you.

Explain what you mean by "NO."

Are you saying Moses and Elijah had not died at the time...?

Or are you saying they had died but they didn't communicate on earth?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 7:04am On Sep 09, 2015
benjibabs:

Both of you are clowns and should be confined in the circus to entertain unbelievers with your antics of trying to force a square peg into a round hole! grin grin grin

It is more than 2wks that this thread opened and you are yet to provide just one scripture to back up your claims. It is abundantly clear that you neither know nor understand the God you claim to serve. As I have mentioned earlier, the message of the bible is extremely simple, you will need someone to help you miss it. Let me ask you one last question before I leave . . .

If road A leads to your destination, 100% guaranteed and road B may or may not lead you to your destination, which one would you take? It is not a trick question o. Just apply common sense and should get the right answer. wink

I would take the road that leads to my destination 100%.

In this case, both roads lead to my destination 100%.

Concerning the bold, you're saying Matt17:3, 1Cor14:12, 1John3:2, John11:26,27 etc that prove that the saints can hear and communicate are not scripture?

Meanwhile you have not shown one verse that says "Mary cannot hear prayers"...from Genesis to Revelation.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2015
benjibabs:

Obviously, you have been brainwashed to the extent that you don't even remember your punctuation.

So punctuation is your latest excuse?! Here are the verses again:

1John3:2 Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when he is revealed, we will be like him, for we will see him as he is.

1Cor13:9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. [b]Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

How will we be like God?

What do we know and prophesy in part in 1Cor13:9-12?

Please answer, as I answered your own question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over Unguided Rant / Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.