Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (31673 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

To be omniscient means you know all things which I believe is an attribute of God. If you say Mary hears your prayers does that not mean that she can hear all the 7 billion of our prayers simultaneously? Does she now know all things? undecided

Like i said she now Divine and Godlike, same with other saints in heaven .....she now with God and can see him and with God all things are possible smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2016
Patheos:

Like i said she now Divine and Godlike, same with other saints in heaven .....she now with God and can see him and with God all things are possible smiley

So you now believe that Mary now has the ability to hear all the prayers of about 7 billion people and process them at once, right? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

So you now believe that Mary now has the ability to hear all the prayers of about 7 billion people and process them at once, right? undecided

With God all things are possible
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
Patheos:

With God all things are possible

This proves that you believe and have been taught that Mary is part of the Godhead or rather the third person in Trinity, no? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

This proves that you believe and have been taught that Mary is part of the Godhead or rather the third person in Trinity, no? undecided

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24am On Dec 27, 2016
Patheos:

Does that surprise you? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Does that surprise you? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19am On Jan 10, 2017
Patheos:

Why the long face? Is the following creed not what you believe?

Mary sits at the right hand of Christ: " . . . she is the supreme Minister of the distribution of graces. Jesus "sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high" (Hebrews i. b.). Mary sitteth at the right hand of her Son . . . " (Pope Pius X, 1835-1914, Ad Diem Illum Laetissimum, 14).
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39am On Feb 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What about other saints?

We often hear how Mary can hear our prayers and even answer them. I've had Catholics tell me that other saints can hear prayers as well. Can they also hear prayers in different languages, both thought and spoken, all simultaneously from all over the planet? If they can, why the focus on Mary? Furthermore, all of the so-called Roman Catholic Saints are creatures. They were created by God who is infinitely greater than they. Why go to Saints and pray to them when Jesus said to seek Him (John 14:14, Matthew 11:28) and that He alone was the way to the Father (John 14:6)? Isn't Jesus enough? Isn't God the Trinity enough? Of course God is sufficient . . . unless you take your eyes off of God and put it on your tradition. Then, new doctrines creep in and with it comes a host of errors.

The conclusion. smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 6:31am On Feb 16, 2017
God is infinitely powerful so 7 billion people on earth can not measure his infinite power, 7 billion no matter how big it may be is a finite number... it is a shame some people limit God's power to 7 billion prayers and think that is all he can do... omniscience means knowing everything infinitely and 7 billion prayers or languages is not infinite so that does compare to God.... so because a person says Mary or the Saints can hear prayers made to them that doesn't take away from God's power because God is infinitely powerful and 7 billion is a finite number... concerning languages... there Is no human language barrier in heaven... here are some Bible verses to ponder over..

Hebrews 12:1 As for us, we have this large crowd of witnesses around us. So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us.

this says we have witnesses who watch us from heaven 1 or 7 billion of us
Luke 15:7 In the same way, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine respectable people who do not need to repent.

it doesn't say just God, but rejoicing in heaven, therefore angels, saints etc will all rejoice so all in heaven take note of repentant sinners

Rev
19:1-4 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a large crowd of people in heaven, saying, “Praise God! Salvation, glory, and power belong to our God! 2 True and just are his judgments! He has condemned the prostitute who was corrupting the earth with her immorality. God has punished her because she killed his servants.” 3 Again they shouted, “Praise God! The smoke from the flames that consume the great city goes up forever and ever!” 4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. They said, “Amen! Praise God!”

from this we know that the crowd of people knew what happened on earth when "Babylon" in rev 18 was destroyed..

rev 6:9-10I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed because they had proclaimed God's word and had been faithful in their witnessing. 10 They shouted in a loud voice, “Almighty Lord, holy and true! How long will it be until you judge the people on earth and punish them for killing us?”

this tells that the martyrs know that their persecutors are still alive here on earth

Mind you there are not 7 billion Christians let alone Catholics on earth... and even if there are.. it doesn't measure to God's infinite power... unfortunately some Christians limit God's power to 7 billion prayers
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 7:56am On Feb 16, 2017
What about other saints?We often hear how Mary can hear our prayers and even answer them. I've had Catholics tell me that other saints can hear prayers as well. Can they also hear prayers in different languages, both thought and spoken, all simultaneously from all over the planet? If they can, why the focus on Mary? Furthermore, all of the so-calledRoman Catholic Saints are creatures. They were created by God who is infinitely greater than they. Why go to Saints and pray to them when Jesus said to seek Him (John 14:14, Matthew 11:28) and that He alone wasthe way to the Father (John 14:6)? Isn't Jesus enough? Isn't God the Trinity enough? Of course God is sufficient . . . unless you take your eyes off of God and put it on your tradition. Then, new doctrines creep inand with it comes a host of errors.

Jesus saved us.. yes... and He is the only way to the Father..yes
Jesus is that and more for every Catholic... we just believe what other passages of scripture say also

Heb 12:22 Instead, you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, with its thousands of angels. 23 You have come to the joyful gathering of God's first-born, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, who is the judge of all people, and to the spirits of good people made perfect.

And we believe that We are all part of the body of Christ like Paul says in Romans 12, 1 Cor 12, Ephesians 4 etc and that there's only one body of Christ not two ( one in heaven and one on earth ) eph 4:4, col 3:15.. Not even death can separate us from the love of Christ and from his body because of his victory over death see 1 cor 15:25-26, 54-56, 2 cor 2:14, Romans 8:35-39.. and because of Christian charity we are asked to pray for each other, see 1 Tim 2:1-3, 2 cor 1:10-11..

SO JUST LIKE IT DOESN'T BOTHER JESUS WHEN I ASK FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR INTERCESSION SO ALSO IT DOESN'T BOTHER HIM WHEN I ASK MARY AND THE SAINTS FOR THEIR INTERCESSION BECAUSE WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF HIS BODY AND HE ENCOURAGES US TO LOVE AND PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER....

WHY IS MARY'S PRAYERS MORE REQUESTED THAN OTHER SAINTS..
1. because no one can have a closer "personal relationship with Jesus than his mother.
2. because we have seen her intercession work in scriptures see John 2
3. Because she heard the word of God and obeyed it and did his will see Luke 1:38.
4. Because he gave his mother to us and his disciples see John 19:26-27 ..
5. because we believe she is in heaven
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 16, 2017
easymancfc:
why the focus on Mary?
I think that's the protestants problem not ours
I know many Catholics whose favourite saint is not Mary
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2017
Patheos:

I think that's the protestants problem not ours

I know many Catholics whose favourite saint is not Mary

And who would that be? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
easymancfc:

God is infinitely powerful so 7 billion people on earth can not measure his infinite power, 7 billion no matter how big it may be is a finite number... it is a shame some people limit God's power to 7 billion prayers and think that is all he can do... omniscience means knowing everything infinitely and 7 billion prayers or languages is not infinite so that does compare to God.... so because a person says Mary or the Saints can hear prayers made to them that doesn't take away from God's power because God is infinitely powerful and 7 billion is a finite number... concerning languages... there Is no human language barrier in heaven... here are some Bible verses to ponder over..

Hebrews 12:1 As for us, we have this large crowd of witnesses around us. So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us.

this says we have witnesses who watch us from heaven 1 or 7 billion of us
Luke 15:7 In the same way, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine respectable people who do not need to repent.

it doesn't say just God, but rejoicing in heaven, therefore angels, saints etc will all rejoice so all in heaven take note of repentant sinners

Rev
19:1-4 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a large crowd of people in heaven, saying, “Praise God! Salvation, glory, and power belong to our God! 2 True and just are his judgments! He has condemned the prostitute who was corrupting the earth with her immorality. God has punished her because she killed his servants.” 3 Again they shouted, “Praise God! The smoke from the flames that consume the great city goes up forever and ever!” 4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. They said, “Amen! Praise God!”

from this we know that the crowd of people knew what happened on earth when "Babylon" in rev 18 was destroyed..

rev 6:9-10I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed because they had proclaimed God's word and had been faithful in their witnessing. 10 They shouted in a loud voice, “Almighty Lord, holy and true! How long will it be until you judge the people on earth and punish them for killing us?”

this tells that the martyrs know that their persecutors are still alive here on earth

Mind you there are not 7 billion Christians let alone Catholics on earth... and even if there are.. it doesn't measure to God's infinite power... unfortunately some Christians limit God's power to 7 billion prayers

When did knowledge translate to answering our prayers? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

When did knowledge translate to answering our prayers? undecided

Mary and the saints don't "answer" prayers, they only take our intentions to Christ and Christ to the Father, who answers prayers.. what they do is that they join us in prayer..

YOUR ORIGINAL POINT WAS THAT MARY OR ANY OTHER SAINT REQUIRED OMNISCIENCE TO HEAR THOSE WHO ASK FOR THEIR PRAYERS WHICH IS A FALSE PREMISE
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
easymancfc:

Mary and the saints don't "answer" prayers, they only take our intentions to Christ and Christ to the Father, who answers prayers.. what they do is that they join us in prayer..

YOUR ORIGINAL POINT WAS THAT MARY OR ANY OTHER SAINT REQUIRED OMNISCIENCE TO HEAR THOSE WHO ASK FOR THEIR PRAYERS WHICH IS A FALSE PREMISE

So you believe Christ needs Mary and the saints to know our intentions?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

So you believe Christ needs Mary and the saints to know our intentions?

No i dont... just like you dont need your pastor or prayer warrior to make your intentions known to Christ but you ask them to pray for you anyway... God loves it when we pray for one another... It no different asking Mary or the saints to pray for us...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
easymancfc:

No i dont... just like you dont need your pastor or prayer warrior to make your intentions known to Christ but you ask them to pray for you anyway... God loves it when we pray for one another... It no different asking Mary or the saints to pray for us...

I can give you scriptures that tells me to go to my brethren for prayers if need be. Can you show me where the scriptures permit you to pray to the dead or images of those who are no longer here on earth? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 6:58am On Aug 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can give you scriptures that tells me to go to my brethren for prayers if need be. Can you show me where the scriptures permit you to pray to the dead or images of those who are no longer here on earth? undecided

Can you give me scriptures that say the dead in Christ are no longer part of the body of Christ
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
easymancfc:

Can you give me scriptures that say the dead in Christ are no longer part of the body of Christ

There should be no contact between the dead and the living. At death one either goes to heaven or hell. God forbids necromancy and divination. When you pray to the dead you are opening up yourselves to the demonic world.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

There should be no contact between the dead and the living. At death one either goes to heaven or hell. God forbids necromancy and divination. When you pray to the dead you are opening up yourselves to the demonic world.

What is necromancy?
raising up the dead to get information from them.

Divination is looking for fortune telling of future events...

All of which is not what asking for prayers from heavenly members of the body of Christ and which the Catholic Church condemns
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
easymancfc:

What is necromancy?
raising up the dead to get information from them.

Divination is looking for fortune telling of future events...

All of which is not what asking for prayers from heavenly members of the body of Christ and which the Catholic Church condemns

They all speak to the dead so what's the difference? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 6:34am On Aug 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They all speak to the dead so what's the difference? undecided

Necromancy is a two way communication that involves waking up the dead using demonic powers.. There's a world of difference...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Aug 14, 2017
easymancfc:

Necromancy is a two way communication that involves waking up the dead using demonic powers.. There's a world of difference...

When you are praying to Mary don't you expect her to answer your prayers or is it a one way communication? How do you know that it is not influenced by demonic powers? undecided

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

When you are praying to Mary don't you expect her to answer your prayers or is it a one way communication? How do you know that it is not influenced by demonic powers? undecided

I don't expect her to "answer" my prayers.. I expect my prayers to be answered by God through her intercession.. Just like I expect the answer to be from God when I ask for you or any other Christian to intercede for me.
There's no demonic interference because by prayers are directed to God in Jesus name... Even if you claim there may be demonic interference... All the glory goes to God when the prayer is answered so the demon will be working for God...

NECROMANCY IS A TWO WAY COMMUNICATION THAT REQUIRES REANIMATION OF THE DEAD..

IF YOU HAVE SEEN WHERE CATHOLICS RAISE UP THE DEAD TO ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
easymancfc:

I don't expect her to "answer" my prayers.. I expect my prayers to be answered by God through her intercession.. Just like I expect the answer to be from God when I ask for you or any other Christian to intercede for me.

The difference here is that the dead cannot interceed on behalf of the living.

easymancfc:

There's no demonic interference because by prayers are directed to God in Jesus name...

You might as well say that your prayers are directed to God through Mary. undecided

easymancfc:

Even if you claim there may be demonic interference... All the glory goes to God when the prayer is answered so the demon will be working for God...

God will not share His glory with any man, woman or demon.

easymancfc:

NECROMANCY IS A TWO WAY COMMUNICATION THAT REQUIRES REANIMATION OF THE DEAD..

IF YOU HAVE SEEN WHERE CATHOLICS RAISE UP THE DEAD TO ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

Since you are both communicating or contacting the dead there is no difference.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The difference here is that the dead cannot interceed on behalf of the living.

You might as well say that your prayers are directed to God through Mary. undecided

God will not share His glory with any man, woman or demon.

Since you are both communicating or contacting the dead there is no difference.
1. Where does it say that the dead in Christ cannot intercede for the Living...

2. Jesus is God so ultimately it is to God (Jesus is God) through Mary... just like It is To God ,(Jesus is God) through any other Christian who's intercession we ask for...

3. Amen to that... Thats why I said a demon would be working for God's glory...

4. No it's not... Just draw false conclusion... There is a mountain of difference . one involves going to necromancers who conjure up dead people the other does not...
this is what the dictionary says

Divination involving the dead or death.
Loosely, any sorcery or witchcraft, especially involving death or the dead, particularly sorcery involving raising or reanimating the dead.

Besides Luke 9 at the Mountain of transfiguration shows a communication between the living and the dead... So at least biblically some contact is permitted...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
easymancfc:

1. Where does it say that the dead in Christ cannot intercede for the Living...

If it is not written in Scripture that we should pray to God through the dead in Christ then we should not go beyond what is written.

easymancfc:

2. Jesus is God so ultimately it is to God (Jesus is God) through Mary... just like It is To God ,(Jesus is God) through any other Christian who's intercession we ask for...

When Jesus said we are to seek Him in (John 14:14; Matthew 11:28) and that He alone was a way to the Father (John 14:6) why are you seeking and praying to Mary as a way to the Father? undecided

easymancfc:

3. Amen to that... Thats why I said a demon would be working for God's glory...

You are opening up yourselves to demonic influence when you go outside what God has commanded in Scriptures. cool

easymancfc:

4. No it's not... Just draw false conclusion... There is a mountain of difference . one involves going to necromancers who conjure up dead people the other does not...
this is what the dictionary says

Divination involving the dead or death.
Loosely, any sorcery or witchcraft, especially involving death or the dead, particularly sorcery involving raising or reanimating the dead.

Besides Luke 9 at the Mountain of transfiguration shows a communication between the living and the dead... So at least biblically some contact is permitted...

Jesus could communicate with the dead because He is God but He commands us to communicate with the Father in His (Jesus') name. Are you saying Jesus is not enough? Is God the Trinity not enough to hear your prayers? Let your faith be in Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith otherwise you will be exposing yourself to demonic influence as king Saul did. smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by obisco4u: 1:57am On Aug 17, 2017
If bros J himself and his papa cannot hear and answer prayer na Mary go come hear una?
Prayer is a waste of time. If you got a problem, hustle and solve it.
Christianity ain't good for nothing exept when they need 10% of your income.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by easymancfc(m): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If it is not written that in Scripture that we should pray to God through the dead in Christ then we should not go beyond what is written.

When Jesus said we are to seek Him in (John 14:14; Matthew 11:28) and that He alone was a way to the Father (John 14:6) why are you seeking and praying to Mary as a way to the Father? undecided

You are opening up yourselves to demonic influence when you go outside what God has commanded in Scriptures. cool

Jesus could communicate with the dead because He is God but He commands us to communicate with the Father in His (Jesus') name. Are you saying Jesus is not enough? Is God the Trinity not enough to hear your prayers? Let your faith be in Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith otherwise you will be exposing yourself to demonic influence as king Saul did. smiley

1. My dear friend, Argument from silence doesn't work here...
secondly the bible tells us to ask for one another's intercession, it doesn't specify that living should pray for the living only... In fact it says that we all as members of the body of Christ need each other (1 cor 12:21) and that death doesn't separate us from Christ meaning we can't be separated from his body either (Romans 8:38)...

Besides that the Bible expressly tells us that we have come to "the dead in Christ" so how can we be cut off from them if we have "come to them" just like God and Jesus..

Hebrews 12: 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,23 and to the assembly of the FIRST-BORN who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the SPIRITS OF JUST MEN MADE perfect, 24 and to Jesus,

So have all of them..

2. I agree with all those verses you have mentioned...I don't seek Mary as a way to the Father... Jesus is as you rightly said.. Mary is an able intercessor and I do well to ask for her intercession as well as the saints... living and dead..
Just as your Pastor praying for you doesn't make your pastor a way to the father instead of Jesus... so too does Mary praying for me doest make her same..

3. No am not.. there's no divination involved.. Necromancy involves reanimation.. am happy you mentioned Saul... Saul went to a medium... Who divined a Spirit who Saul spoke to and got a reply from... They had a two way communication... Go and Read 1 Sam 28 and see what God necromancy is and what God condemned... That is what God condemned not asking members of the body of Christ for their prayers..
no demonic influence where no reanimation or divination is involved

4. Jesus was both Man and God... and Jesus as Man would not break his own commandment.. Much less in front of his disciples... the Bible records that Jesus obeyed the Law... And that we should imitate him...
Amen... He commands us to do that... But he also commands us to communicate with the Father (in his name) for one another and the bible tells us to ask for others to pray for us and for us to pray for one another because it is pleasing to God (1 tim 2:4).... Am not saying God (Trinity) is not enough to answer prayers... You are the one saying that... What I am saying is that asking the saints who are members of the body of Christ to pray to God (Trinity) for me in no way shape or form takes away from Jesus because
a. They are members of his body and he is their head...
b. Since he is their head all prayers ultimately go through him to the Father..
c. Jesus is God also so if they pray to God then they are Also praying through Jesus

SO THERE'S NO DEMONIC INFLUENCE BECAUSE THERE NOTHING INVOLVING DEMONS.. JUST MEMBERS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST IN HEAVEN PRAYING FOR THOSE ON EARTH...
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

secondly the bible tells us to ask for one another's intercession, it doesn't specify that living should pray for the living only... In fact it says that we all as members of the body of Christ need each other (1 cor 12:21) and that death doesn't separate us from Christ meaning we can't be separated from his body either (Romans 8:38)...

Besides that the Bible expressly tells us that we have come to "the dead in Christ" so how can we be cut off from them if we have "come to them" just like God and Jesus..

Hebrews 12: 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,23 and to the assembly of the FIRST-BORN who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the SPIRITS OF JUST MEN MADE perfect, 24 and to Jesus,

So have all of them..

Since angels are also among the cloud of witnesses, do you pray to them too? undecided

easymancfc:

2. I agree with all those verses you have mentioned...I don't seek Mary as a way to the Father... Jesus is as you rightly said.. Mary is an able intercessor and I do well to ask for her intercession as well as the saints... living and dead..
Just as your Pastor praying for you doesn't make your pastor a way to the father instead of Jesus... so too does Mary praying for me doest make her same..

Don't you believe the Vatican that says that you should see Mary as a co redemptrix and co mediator?

easymancfc:

3. No am not.. there's no divination involved.. Necromancy involves reanimation.. am happy you mentioned Saul... Saul went to a medium... Who divined a Spirit who Saul spoke to and got a reply from... They had a two way communication... Go and Read 1 Sam 28 and see what God necromancy is and what God condemned... That is what God condemned not asking members of the body of Christ for their prayers..

No wonder you see apparitions of the Mary you pray to. cool

easymancfc:

4. Jesus was both Man and God... and Jesus as Man would not break his own commandment.. Much less in front of his disciples... the Bible records that Jesus obeyed the Law... And that we should imitate him...
Amen... He commands us to do that... But he also commands us to communicate with the Father (in his name) for one another and the bible tells us to ask for others to pray for us and for us to pray for one another because it is pleasing to God (1 tim 2:4).... Am not saying God (Trinity) is not enough to answer prayers... You are the one saying that... What I am saying is that asking the saints who are members of the body of Christ to pray to God (Trinity) for me in no way shape or form takes away from Jesus because
c. Jesus is God also so if they pray to God then they are Also praying through Jesus

SO THERE'S NO DEMONIC INFLUENCE BECAUSE THERE NOTHING INVOLVING DEMONS.. JUST MEMBERS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST IN HEAVEN PRAYING FOR THOSE ON EARTH...

Jesus did not command that we should break the second commandment which says that you should not make yourself any graven image. He said we should pray to the Father in His own name. Anything more than that is stretching the truth.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

So have all of them..

Since angels are also among the cloud of witnesses, do you pray to them too? undecided

easymancfc:

Don't you believe the Vatican that says that you should see Mary as your co-redemptrix, co-mediatrix and advocate?

easymancfc:

No wonder you see apparitions of the Mary you pray to. cool

easymancfc:

Jesus did not command that we should break the second commandment which says that you should not make yourself any graven image. He said we should pray to the Father in His own name. Anything more than that is stretching the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Arrives Uyo (photos) / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? / Ladies Please Save Us The Distraction In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.