Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (112948 Views)

Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of Flats In Owerri (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2016
wanaj0:

What is the price for this WC and wash hand basin?

EMail for Pricing as Client doesn't want me to post price online in this forum.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hi Skimanski,

A few questions.

What kind of nails do you use for the skirting boards?
Do you use a Pneumatic Nailer to get the nails in?
Do you install wood flooring?
Do you install false walls with plaster boards/Polysterene?
Do you take on projects from a different Architect?
Do you install wooden stairs like this ?

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by tivta(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2016
nateevs:
Hi Skimanski,

A few questions.

What kind of nails do you use for the skirting boards?
Do you use a Pneumatic Nailer to get the nails in?
Do you install wood flooring?
Do you install false walls with plaster boards/Polysterene?
Do you take on projects from a different Architect?
Do you install wooden stairs like this ?

I won't suggest such in a tropical environment like Nigeria where termites are in abundance
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by nateevs(m): 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
tivta:

I won't suggest such in a tropical environment like Nigeria where termites are in abundance

I don't understand. Are there not other wood features in our homes already? Bed frames, Kitchen Cabinet, Living Room furniture etc? Why have termites not decimated these already?

4 Likes

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by tivta(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
nateevs:

I don't understand. Are there not other wood features in our homes already? Bed frames, Kitchen Cabinet, Living Room furniture etc? Why have termites not decimated these already?

There are but trust me, all wooden furniture eventually get attacked, besides something as important as stairs should be permanent. I don't know how its done abroad but I know it is not conducive here.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
nateevs:
Hi Skimanski,

A few questions.

What kind of nails do you use for the skirting boards? (Concrete Nails)
Do you use a Pneumatic Nailer to get the nails in? (no)
Do you install wood flooring? (Yes)
Do you install false walls with plaster boards/Polysterene? (Definitely Yes)
Do you take on projects from a different Architect? https://www.nairaland.com/2770635/construction-works-units-flats-new (This building was drawn by another architect. I just made slight aesthetic changes to make the external look pleasing)
Do you install wooden stairs like this ? (Yes)

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
tivta:

There are but trust me, all wooden furniture eventually get attacked, besides something as important as stairs should be permanent. I don't know how its done abroad but I know it is not conducive here.

Oga i totally Disagree with you. God knows the door in my fathers house has been there for Over 32 years. and nothing. even his bed.

3 Likes

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allCopacetic: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
tivta:

That's quite speculative,
Fixtures like the attached are made from "well treated" wood, and believe me when i tell you, they stay that way for a long time.
Besides, there are termites in North America and Europe too.

2 Likes

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allCopacetic: 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
I think those stairs might have a steel frame or concrete core neatly cladded or finished with wood.

@skimanski , If the stairs are assumed to be solely wood, is that length of cantilever or protrusion structurally possible from a 9inch wall?considering the absence of any other support structure
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
allCopacetic:

That's quite speculative,
Fixtures like the attached are made from "well treated" wood, and believe me when i tell you, they stay that way for a long time.
Besides, there are termites in North America and Europe too.

Bros email some ceiling fittings to me sir.

Skimanski4life@yahoo.com
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
allCopacetic:
I think those stairs might have a steel frame or concrete core neatly cladded or finished with wood.

@skimanski , If the stairs are assumed to be solely wood, is that length of cantilever or protrusion structurally possible from a 9inch wall?considering the absence of any other support structure

That stairs cant be all wood. Definitely some concrete Structure as main frame with wooden finish.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by tivta(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2016
skimanski:

That stairs cant be all wood. Definitely some concrete Structure as main frame with wooden finish.
Exactly what I was thinking
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allCopacetic: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2016
skimanski:

Bros email some ceiling fittings to me sir.

Skimanski4life@yahoo.com

Alright Chief, will do.
Just to be clear.... you mean surface mounted ceiling fittings like the below right ?

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by chimexview: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2016
I'm really impressed 100%
Good job
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by nateevs(m): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
skimanski:

Can you kindly explain why it cannot be all wood? I will need it installed that exact way and will like to know why there needs to be any form of concrete at all.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by nateevs(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
allCopacetic:

Alright Chief, will do.
Just to be clear.... you mean surface mounted ceiling fittings like the below right ?

To my email sir.

and more of the modern and simple Light fittings
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
nateevs:

Can you kindly explain why it cannot be all wood? I will need it installed that exact way and will like to know why there needs to be any form of concrete at all.

as you can see the Stairs is protruding out of the wall without support, means for it to carry a reasonable weight, the part that goes inside the wall by be firm enough, and wood is not firm enough to hold that support.

Trust me when i tell you that the stairs in that pics is not all wood. there are some form of reinforcement internally. may be STeel rods or steel beams.

2 Likes

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by nateevs(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2016
skimanski:

as you can see the Stairs is protruding out of the wall without support, means for it to carry a reasonable weight, the part that goes inside the wall by be firm enough, and wood is not firm enough to hold that support.

Trust me when i tell you that the stairs in that pics is not all wood. there are some form of reinforcement internally. may be STeel rods or steel beams.

Okay. I agree. That makes sense.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
still on Master's washbasin

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kitchen Electrical Sockets and switches

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kitchen Sink

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
On going Internal Painting

2 Likes

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by FastShipping: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
skimanski:
On going Internal Painting

Oga, I like these your custom made doors. I need 13pcs.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by motemi111(m): 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good job you got here. I will like to have the quotation for foundation to roofing and also the finishing. Can you work in osogbo? adeyemifatoyinbo@gmail.com.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2016
FastShipping:

Oga, I like these your custom made doors. I need 13pcs.

Ok sir, Will email an invoice for 13 Pieces.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by caleb404: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2016
Can I pls get the details of this structure. Email is calebo101@yahoo.com.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by AkProsper(m): 10:47am On Oct 22, 2016
Happy weekend. in case you need tiler for you client, fell free to contact me. Thank you.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by allhavesinned: 6:46am On Oct 23, 2016
AkProsper:
Happy weekend. in case you need tiler for you client, fell free to contact me. Thank you.

How much do you charge laying of tiles per Sqm and location : Owerri
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by caleb404: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
skimanski:

EMail for Pricing as Client doesn't want me to post price online in this forum.

Oga I don leave comments here like twice. You don't respond to me.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by AkProsper(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2016
allhavesinned:

How much do you charge laying of tiles per Sqm and location : Owerri
I stay in Lagos. #600 per sqm

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.