Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

How Do I Handle This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle This? (1466 Views)

How Do I Handle This? / How Can I Handle An Overdemanding Girlfriend? / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This? by Johnny(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's well now
Re: How Do I Handle This? by peeparty(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
cool@ op this is a serious one anyway.although it not easy taking care of another man's child,but what would one do? already you where aware and you sign on to it.

my advice is,if you love your wife then replicate that same love to him.

And finally let the love of God,be a big deal to you.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Handle This? by faith551(m): 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Maturity is the key to a successful marriage.
Even without the kid, your wife was not a virgin before u married her, so making a mountain out of a mould hill is just hurting yourself. Sorry to say so, but it doesn't show Maturity.
I know it doesn't feel nice having the responsibility of taking care of another person child in a marriage even before taking care of yours, but the truth is that you were aware of all this before u took the leap, you did it out of pity but now you want to put her through another section of hurt, Infact u are doing so already.
Thinking she thinks good of a man who put her through misery is awkward.
My advice, let the little boy be, no body knows the future, he might be the one to salvage your family in future, take him as you would ur own child, meet a therapist for advice, Talking ng to your pastor and an elder can help too

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by richard04(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
You should have thought of all this before hitting the highway with her undecided

btw, check my signature
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Tapout(m): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
oga just carry your cross and stop whining ....after all, u weren't forced to marry her

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by faith551(m): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Wow, nice dp. Wanted to add a like but don't know how,(I know it's funny, but this is the first time I want to do so) any help?
Never thought I'll see my Lala's pic again. Never really recovered from the effects of you abandoning us sha
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
faith551:

Wow, nice dp. Never thought I'll see my Lala's pic again. Never really recovered from the effects of you abandoning us sha
Lol still haba its been months nau
Surely ur broken heart should b mended by now ..
How are u longest time cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Webbet(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
Brother i feel your pain. You are a man, get that over you. Just take the boy as your son and you will have a lovely family you wished. The boy will never forget your good deeds to him so treat him well. He might be of help to you or his half siblings in the future. No one knows tomorrow.
#my humble advice

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by faith551(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Lol still haba its been months nau Surely ur broken heart should b mended by now .. How are u longest time cheesy
Lol, Who for come mend am? I edited the initial post, check it and see if u can help
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
faith551:

Lol,
Who for come mend am?
I edited the initial post, check it and see if u can help
Should be at d bottom of d pic .. Not sure on the layout of ur phone or lappy
Re: How Do I Handle This? by libertyfather(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
If you love your wife, get over it....theres nufin u can ddo
Re: How Do I Handle This? by faith551(m): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Should be at d bottom of d pic .. Not sure on the layout of ur phone or lappy

Thanks, knew I sounded dumb, but I dnt form grin.
I didn't really check well initially.
So how u doing
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
faith551:

Thanks, knew I sounded dumb, but I dnt from grin.
I didn't really check well initially.
So how u doing
Im good thanks ..just chilling will head out later .. But lets not derail this topic tho
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
Like the phoenix, I shall be back.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by faith551(m): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Im good thanks ..just chilling will head out later .. But lets not derail this topic tho

Wasn't intending to, sorry to the Op. So dnt really want to miss the opportunity tho
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
The best option is to get the boy away from your house. Don't let your wife or anybody confuse you. If she says she doesnt have anybody to keep him with, she is lying. She is just looking for a way to keep him close.

These fellows on nairaland will be the one to crucify you when anything happens to that boy in your home. Even your wife you love so dearly will accuse you. Nigerian culture always associate the word "STEP" with evil and the fact that someone knows how you feel about the boy will always make you a potential suspect.

I'm surprised you didn't talk this through earlier. You should have told her earlier you wouldn't want him in your home. Taking care of your wife's son/daughter is a very hard thing to do except if you are both divorced, widowed or aged.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
@op let's just say d reverse is d case, u were d little boy, nd he is ur step dad, how will u feel if u knows wat he is harboring in his heart towards u all dese while, ur wife is not d first to have a child out of wedlock nd she won't be d last, nd u knew about dis before you married her, so y all dese feeling, if it will make u feel any better my elder sister had a child out of wedlock nd she is happily married now, nd her husband treats her daughter as if she was his own, nd he proudly calls her his first child,so op relax nd embrace dat child like it's ur own blood, u will see dat u will be more happier in ur marriage nd ur wife will be very happy too, or don't u want to see ur wife happy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Spikkylee: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
F
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Johnny(m): 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
jomile:
@op let's just say d reverse is d case, u were d little boy, nd he is ur step dad, how will u feel if u knows wat he is harboring in his heart towards u all dese while, ur wife is not d first to have a child out of wedlock nd she won't be d last, nd u knew about dis before you married her, so y all dese feeling, if it will make u feel any better my elder sister had a child out of wedlock nd she is happily married now, nd her husband treats her daughter as if she was his own, nd he proudly calls her his first child,so op relax nd embrace dat child like it's ur own blood, u will see dat u will be more happier in ur marriage nd ur wife will be very happy too, or don't u want to see ur wife happy

I really want to see my wife happy and that's what's bothering me now. I feel if the kid was a girl, maybe I would not have felt this way.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
Johnny:

I really want to see my wife happy and that's what's bothering me now. I feel if the kid was a girl, maybe I would not have felt this way.
boy or girl u will still feel the same,it's not d child fault dat he is in dis situation, deep down in his heart he might be trying his best for you to accept him as ur own, so please for d sake of ur wife, cos dey said a happy wife is a happy home, just put those taughts aside nd embrace him as ur own,trust me u will be glad you did

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Godfullsam(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
If you know you are not happy with d little boy ask ur wife to take him to her parent for peace to reign in ur home.

Another ootion is to love the boy and treat him like your own biological child. What ever you do unto him, do it 'as unto the Lord'.

The boy is already seven yrs old, do not let him find out you are not his real father through your attitude towards him. because the young shall grow and there is a law karma!

Remember the little boy is not @ fault, he is just a victim of circumstances. He needs love and care..
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Noloss(f): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Op, cheer up! If u're financially bouyant enough to take care or d boy pls don't hesitate to do so. Put ur self in ur wife's shoe n do unto her what u would want her do to u. Come to think of it, if she had aborted that pregnancy and it destroyed her womb would u av prefer barrenness to her present state. Look at Bola Ahmed Tinubu, he was adopted and was d only surviving child of d woman dat adopted her at her death. Mistake do come in life and nobody is perfect. What if she is ur sister?
Re: How Do I Handle This? by deniyor: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Not even sure where to start from but Dude you f..d up big time.
when you date and marry a single mom, you already accept that she's a package deal. Right from the onset.
You can't love her without her child. If you love her, you can't claim not to love her kid as he is a vital part of her. And you can't possibly try to separate her from her kid. THat would be cruel.

One thing about dating a single mother? You'll never be first in her life. Her kid comes first. You have to know that.

Your second screw up, marrying a lady cos she was pregnant within 3 months. You should have both used protection till you are okay with having kids. But you couldn't resist skin to skin abi? Now it has happened. Now time to deal wit it. You married her cos of her sad past? That's not good enough. You be captain save a ho?

Now it has happened, forget the ex. He is in the past, no big deal. And hopefully he will still surface for the kid in future. Cos the kid needs the both of you. His biological father, and his real dad, you - hoping you become what he needs. You will be his role model in life.

Kids can sense when they are not loved. They can sense when they do not belong. This kid will grow up with you kids and be a brother to them. He will be there to help and guide them, and in your absence, be a father figure to them. You really want to make sure that your substitute father figure is up to the standard for your kids. If you did, you would not regret it. My step father has never regretted it, he's made me the man I am today.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
U better watch ur self man, before u start committing child abuse or murder. From the look of it ur mind is rapidly running to the Devils.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ladys We Not Here (pics Inside) / Ex Bauchi State Governor's Son, Umar Yuguda & Adorable Wife Share Romantic Photo / Men Can You Do This To Your Woman And How Many Ladies Can Pass This Exam ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.