Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! (10961 Views)

Life Is Hard. Where is God? Theists And Atheist Help, Anything. I Am Desperate! / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:
Lol. Nothing 'almighty' about being an ex-supermod cheesy
EX!!! wachu mean by that?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

EX!!!
wachu mean by that?
It means I've moved on. I've got much bigger fish to fry. wink
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

so that means, i can decide to insult you, break the laws with you and go scot free, meaning that i won't be seeing anymore scolding and "last warning" from you, no more "don't worry, your ban is doing press up", no more one-hour ban for derailers on an intertiview thread.
uhhhhnnnn, so gonna miss all those.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by McEwen(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Fry me baby grin grin
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

PREACH!!! cheesy

Although I don't know why you even bother.

You see, they are lost but do not know it. They are dead but never suspect it. They are blind but think they see clearly. I can't help but tell them, at least to save some, by God's grace, from walking blindly into the pit of hell. That's why I bother. smiley
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by dalaman: 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
CaptainJune:
So let me break my silence concerning my earlier post.

@ weah96, Plaetton, wordcat, iamtewwy, and keenn.

After reading Keenn's comment where he quoted me, it suddenly dawned on me why my post has been grossly misunderstood and this is what I want to address.

You guys misunderstood my post to mean that the people whose stories I advised the Op to read died because they were atheists. That idea, if one ever had it, is not only laughable but also shocking and absurd altogether. Dalaman was the only person who seemed to understand my post but he quoted me only to refute the claims of Dr Eben Alexander.

Everybody dies whether atheist, Christian, Muslim...oh please, I don't even want to dwell on that. It is only common sense.

As regards my post where I quoted atheists who died, you guys hastily overlooked an additional sentence in which I said they gave their lives to Christ. Their 'stories' means their testimonies. They died and came back to life. Their experience of death changed their former opinion of the existence of God - forever. That is why they serve God faithfully today because they have SEEN for themselves that God truly exists and science cannot explain His existence.

Most of them are simply lying. Dr Eben Alexander was never an atheist and he has been debunked and shown to be a fraud. He was a doctor that was out of work before he came up with the idea. He has been shown to be a fraud and a liar. I don't know of the rest but I believe they are all liars like him.

If you seek evidence of the existence of God, it has always been there, staring at you. I will tell you why.

You say testimonies cannot be verified yet you know millions of people saying the same thing have no ulterior motive. By reason of their great and swelling number, which cannot be said of any religion on earth, the argument of 'joint collaboration to spread the Gospel with false stories' has been abolished by time, space, distance and age. It is utterly impossible to conceive such notion given these extremely limiting or hindering factors.

About 1.8 billion muslims testify to the existence of Allah. Alot of them all say the same thing. over 1.2 billion Hindus also testify to the existence of Brahma. All the billions of muslims and Hindus also have no ulterior motive. the internet is filled with stories and documentaries of Hindus that died and reincarnated, the Dai Lama is an example of a person that claims to have reincarnated. People have changed and accepted Hinduism because others close to them have claimed to have reincarnated, the internet is filled with such stories and testimonies. There is no religious experienced that you have experienced as a Christian that people of other religions haven't experienced. It might be different but they also have their own powerful religious experience that you dismiss off hand. Once you have been indoctrinated and taught how to reason and behave the way religion does, you are bound to see things and experience things in a certain way. that is why muslims cast out muslim demons, hindus do same, they perform exorcism and cast out their own hindu demons while christians cast out their own christian demons. It is all about the systematic indoctrination. Religion will always make you see thing that are aren't there.

Secondly, the argument of hallucination, that is, a huge population of people all suffering the same hallucination throughout the ages, particularly Christians, is impossible to hold and ridiculously illogical. First, it would have to be attributed to an agent responsible for such hallucination. Till today, the said agent of hallucination has remained obscure or unknown. In addition to that, the agents causing such hallucination would be so widespread that they would have to circulate the whole world. Then, the agents would have to strictly select Christians - man, woman, boy, girl, child - as their hosts, and finally, they must have been in existence for 2000 years now. Merely reading this shows tons of error behind this reasoning. That is not all. What about the selection of 'Christians' who were but atheists and pagans or idol worshipers when they witnessed Christ? The hallucination argument is a futile attempt to discredit the testimonies of people who have witnessed God.

There are many christians that converted to Islam some of which are pastors and evangelist, listen to their testimonies, many of them claim divine encounter as the reason for their conversion. Famous celebrities left their lavish life styles and embraced Islam, some have also claimed divine revelation. Why do you dismiss all their claims? Are all of them lying or is it all part of a great conspiracy?

If there is true conviction in the deities of the various religions of the world, why are their adherents not witnessing to the whole world of the reality of their gods in the various geographical locations of the world as the existence of God is witnessed today by countless number of people or Christians of different races, ages, and backgrounds? Islam is the most widely practiced religion in the world yet you can never find one among them who claims to have seen Allah or had conversation with him as hundreds of thousands of Christians have done and do with the Father or Jesus or the Holy spirit.

You know nothing about other religions apart from the crazy propaganda you read about them mostly from christian sources who are just out to discredit them. As for the christians claiming to hear or talk to Jesus why are all of them receiving different messages from Jesus? Some will tell you that Jesus appeared to them and told them that only members of their sects will go to heaven, others will say Jesus appeared to them and told them that people must tithe because it is linked to their salvation, and on and on. Different people receiving different contradictory messages from this Jesus. It seems this Jesus must be a mad man if he exist.

It remains that if you refuse to believe the existence of God, it is not because there is no evidence of God; it is because you detest the idea of a God to whom you will give an account of how you spent your life on earth, and who punishes or rewards you accordingly. In that case, God is just and righteous in His judgment because it is what you want that He gives you.

It remains that if you refuse to believe the existence of Allah and Brhama, it is not because there is no evidence of Allah and Brahma; it is because you detest the idea of a these Gods to whom you will give an account of how you spent your life on earth, and who punishes or rewards you accordingly. In that case, Allah and Brahma are just and righteous in their judgment because it is what you want that they give you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
CaptainJune:

You see, they are lost but do not know it. They are dead but never suspect it. They are blind but think they see clearly. I can't help but tell them, at least to save some, by God's grace, from walking blindly into the pit of hell. That's why I bother. smiley
How sweet of you smiley
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

so that means, i can decide to insult, break the laws with and go scot free, meaning that i won't be seeing anymore scolding and "last warning" from you, no more "don't worry, your ban is doing press up", no more one-hour ban for derailers on an intertiview thread.
uhhhhnnnn, so gonna miss all those.
*shrugs*
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by waldigit: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
ifeness:
You can't fight the truth. If there were a god,it will be obvious.

Like you said,your academic grades will suffer if you quit your intelligent friends. Do you wanna choose the non existing sky monster over your good future?

Get behind me Satan
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by waldigit: 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
4 years now i've been sorrounded by friends that are atheist.Almost everyday we argue If actually there's God or not.I've always believed there's God,tho i've not seen him.But jst recently d points made by my atheist frnds keep ringging a strong bell in my mind and now i've missed Sunday service 4 about 4straight sundays and stil counting..now i'm begining to think there's no God up there.How do i get back on track?? i've received advices to quit d frndship with my atheist frnds,but that will not be healthy for my accademic life. Guys help!

# Rivers

Psalm 19 says heavens declare glory of God, day unto day utters speach. Night unto night showeth knowledge...
If nobody could stop the earth from spinning, then the guy who kickstarted the spin must be God and He is Almighty.
To know with brain power think post e riori that is from effect to cause. And remember he is Infinite Intelligence, and not a college prof.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Stconvict(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
What a pity, now he's back to square one.
Arguments and opinions shouldn't be your major influent. You have to figure it out yourself. I can only give you my little opinion here. It's eventually up to you to decide.
Yeah, Nigeria is full of religious people and that's because it has a religious foundation. Atheists and agnostics have only learnt to reason for themselves.
I was born into Christian family, brought up the Christian way. As I grew up, however, I was questioning things I was not meant to think about cos they were considered devilish. And surrounded by 100% religious ppl, I hid away my curiousity. Eventually, this didn't stop me from reasoning myself. But then I feared if I was being used by the devil and questioned why some prophets still see things they don't know about, why miracles happen to some people. To tell you the truth I've not fully figured that part out, but the fulfilling thing is I'm free to think and reason beyond the boundaries of the bible.
If the reason you are going back to religion is because so many ppl around you are religious and you still have the implicit fear that god will punish you if he does exist, then you are making a big mistake. In fact, fear is something you shouldn't allow. It is the reason why so many people are still religious. Follow your logic. Learn about other people, other religions. Don't be gullible and follow everything you are told.
Anyway, if god does exist there are still some holes left to be filled. If god created us, then how did he come to be, he couldn't have created himself? can the bible pass through 2000+ years without any edits? Adam and Eve were the first couple yet their children married from another community? The fact is, the bible is flawed and you shouldn't rely on it for any reasoning. Mind you quran copied some part of the bible and edited it, how are you sure the bible ,as it is, is not another copy of some ancient scriptures?
It is up to you to decide bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
The OP is obviously back to square one. what a shame! But he who run from a fight lives to fight another day. He let those dunce and hopeless rags drag him back into their pit holes sad
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by UyiIredia(m): 11:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
4 years now i've been sorrounded by friends that are atheist.Almost everyday we argue If actually there's God or not.I've always believed there's God,tho i've not seen him.But jst recently d points made by my atheist frnds keep ringging a strong bell in my mind and now i've missed Sunday service 4 about 4straight sundays and stil counting..now i'm begining to think there's no God up there.How do i get back on track?? i've received advices to quit d frndship with my atheist frnds,but that will not be healthy for my accademic life. Guys help!

# Rivers

youngpol:
Me too! Help!! I've always revered atheists comment here on nairaland. But then I just enjoyed their arguements for the fun of it, nothing more. Now, it's different. I now question a lot of things. God, I really need help!
There has to be God. There are way too many evil in this world for there not to be. Something must be sane amidst this chaos. Lord, help us know you!!

Una don dey think like atheist ba ! No froblem ! Just pack una sef go my joint for here

https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence

If you can rebut the arguments there, you can start thinling like an atheist, in fact you can be an atheist. If not, the least u can do is no that there is a God. Just know that a number of atheists have tried and failed at making their case on that thread including johndonny22 and ifeness, these 2 in particular ran away and never came back after replies I made.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by UyiIredia(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Are your never-to-be-completed stories part of that fish, if u don't mind me asking ?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by dalaman: 6:24am On Aug 25, 2015
UyiIredia:

Una don dey think like atheist ba ! No froblem ! Just pack una sef go my joint for here

https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence

If you can rebut the arguments there, you can start thinling like an atheist, in fact you can be an atheist. If not, the least u can do is no that there is a God. Just know that a number of atheists have tried and failed at making their case on that thread including johndonny22 and ifeness, these 2 in particular ran away and never came back after replies I made.

This video completely debunks your three arguments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo

Here is another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LPwA7FRZ4
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2015
macof:
faith = delusions
reason doesn't result into delusions
How does faith equate delusions?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by macof(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2015
Reyginus:
How does faith equate delusions?
I've explained this many times on NL already

faith, –noun
"belief that is not based on facts or evidence"

de·lu·sion, –noun
"a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact"

you see faith is just a fancy, less aggressive and precise term for Delusion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2015
macof:

I've explained this many times on NL already

faith, –noun
"belief that is not based on facts or evidence"

de·lu·sion, –noun
"a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact"

you see faith is just a fancy, less aggressive and precise term for Delusion
So in essence, whatever is not based on evidence or fact is delusion?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Stconvict(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2015
Reyginus:
So in essence, whatever is not based on evidence or fact is delusion?
Chikena! What do you think we've been trying to say since?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2015
Stconvict:

Chikena! What do you think we've been trying to say since?
That mean every scientific speculation and every thought yet to be made factual is delusion?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Stconvict(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2015
Reyginus:
That mean every scientific speculation is delusion?
OOOOOH! You people have come again. Science is obviously based on facts and evidence. Religion is not. Where are you going with this?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2015
Stconvict:

OOOOOH! You people have come again. Science is obviously based on facts and evidence. Religion is not. Where are you going with this?
Stop it please. I am not that kind of debater. My question again is:

Does that mean every scientific speculation and every thought yet to be made factual is delusion?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Stconvict(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2015
Reyginus:
Stop it please. I am not that kind of debater. My question again is:
Does that mean every scientific speculation and every thought yet to be made factual is delusion?
Speculation is there for speculation sake. That's the reason why it is called hypothesis in Science. It is nothing until it gets proven with facts, evidence, empirical studies that can be tested again and again and still give the same result. Mind you speculations are based on observations of physical phenomena. You guys are not speculating, you are claiming god exists without any physical evidence. That's delusional!
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
Stconvict:

Speculation is there for speculation sake. That's the reason why it is called hypothesis in Science. It is nothing until it gets proven with facts, evidence, empirical studies that can be tested again and again and still give the same result. Mind you speculations are based on observations of physical phenomena. You guys are not speculating, you are claiming god exists without any physical evidence. That's delusional!
Your words:
' It is nothing until it gets proven with facts..'

Why is it now 'nothing' rather than 'delusion' even though there are no facts? Or by 'nothing' do you mean delusion?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
dalaman:

This video completely debunks your three arguments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo

Here is another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LPwA7FRZ4

Don't mind him he argues blindly a lot
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by An2elect2(f): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
Oh no the last people you need now are atheists..and to think they have flooded this place with their 'speculation,evidence, fact' bull shitt.

I believe you still have your simple logical sense intact, follow it and you will know there is an intelligent and Wholesome creator behind the scene.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
boboLIL:
Religion is what u bliv in....... I bliv u no wen u r hungry and u find sumtin to eat....so bliv what u think its right..... Nonsense.....

For me,,, even if I'm the only one in world wo bliv in God,,, people around me can't influence me to bliv odawise..

i usually tell people... I better die believing there is a God that dey believe is not in existance dan die and realise dere is A God
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Fruit4you: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
youngpol:
Me too! Help!! I've always revered atheists comment here on nairaland. But then I just enjoyed their arguements for the fun of it, nothing more. Now, it's different. I now question a lot of things. God, I really need help!
There has to be God. There are way too many evil in this world for there not to be. Something must be sane amidst this chaos. Lord, help us know you!!

Why does there have to be a god?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Fruit4you: 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
CaptainJune:
BRIGHTRIVERS and Youngpol,
have you read the stories of the following former atheists who died and why they gave their lives to Christ?

Thomas Welch. He fell from a great height and died instantly.

Howard Storm. Had a fatal disease and died after a nurse told him that a surgeon could not be found that day to treat him even though she expressed hope that one would be found the next day.

Ian McCormack. He went swimming with some friends in Mauritius, was stung by a box-jellyfish and died later.

Dr Eben Alexander. A neurosurgeon and atheist. Went into three weeks of coma when he succumbed to meningitis. All that time in coma, his brain was dead, yet he had consciousness.

These are just a few but are eye openers to let you know that atheists bask in ignorance, that is, until they come face to face with reality, especially through death, and all their argument against God's existence crumble into pieces.

Of course, there are former atheists who didn't need death to convince them of the truth in the Bible, but who can win an argument against death?

A) Where is the evidence these guys accepted a god? B)If you are brain dead then your brain is dead. It is not working and cannot pump blood make you breathe let alone contain conscience. He was probably just unconscious.C) How did a guy who died instantly let others know he accepted god? And I've had my own near death experience. Essentially my brain released DMT and I thought I was riding a butterfly then I was revived. None of that proves a god or that dying atheists are idiots. Your argument is utterly useless and lacks logic.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Fruit4you: 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
i usually tell people... I better die believing there is a God that dey believe is not in existance dan die and realise dere is A God
u

But using that logic then there are nearly 2,999 other gods you need to pray to and worship to ensure you don't end up in a hell.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Fruit4you: 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
CaptainJune:
BRIGHTRIVERS and Youngpol,
have you read the stories of the following former atheists who died and why they gave their lives to Christ?

Thomas Welch. He fell from a great height and died instantly.

Howard Storm. Had a fatal disease and died after a nurse told him that a surgeon could not be found that day to treat him even though she expressed hope that one would be found the next day.

Ian McCormack. He went swimming with some friends in Mauritius, was stung by a box-jellyfish and died later.

Dr Eben Alexander. A neurosurgeon and atheist. Went into three weeks of coma when he succumbed to meningitis. All that time in coma, his brain was dead, yet he had consciousness.

These are just a few but are eye openers to let you know that atheists bask in ignorance, that is, until they come face to face with reality, especially through death, and all their argument against God's existence crumble into pieces.

Of course, there are former atheists who didn't need death to convince them of the truth in the Bible, but who can win an argument against death?

A) Where is the evidence these guys accepted a god? B)If you are brain dead then your brain is dead. It is not working and cannot pump blood make you breathe let alone contain conscience. He was probably just unconscious.C) How did a guy who died instantly let others know he accepted god? And I've had my own near death experience. Essentially my brain released DMT and I thought I was riding a butterfly then I was revived. None of that proves a god or that dying atheists are idiots. Your argument is utterly useless and lacks logic.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by wordcat(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2015
Reyginus:
Your words:
' It is nothing until it gets proven with facts..'

Why is it now 'nothing' rather than 'delusion' even though there are no facts?

It is nobody's fault if u don't knw the meaning of speculation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis / Pastafarians, Let's Meet Here / Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.