Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? (19584 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by islandmoon: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2015
Damalex4luv:

Why mention Oyedepo is he the only pastor on earth. May God forgive you

Because he told us convenat university will be for the poor church members, and my cousin demola contributed his lunch money, he was given form to raise fund for the project , poor demola was going around raising fund, saying it was his scholarship and they still put the school fee at 350k which he couldn't afford
That was a scam

He also went to UK , telling his church member to sow seed with credit facilities using their bank cards, the UK governnment frown at the development , said you can't put people in debt in the name of sowing seed promising them that God will reward them with double portion

Another scam

3 Likes

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by millionaireman: 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:
What's the need of going to church to contribute my money to lazy people who suppose find something doing rather than rely on interpreting one book that is very easy to read and understand.

Also, tell me your reasons for not adhering to our local rituals.

Lol. But to interpret the Book, it takes Catholic Priests about 7 years of training in a Seminary.

This is to prevent misinterpretation of the Book, like some of the road side preachers misinterpret it; same way some Mullahs misinterpret the Quaran here and there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by tonimenia: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
My Dear,

no excuse, at all!

Some days are like that!

I hope, you understand the drift?

Meanwhile,

Just Rush Now & Get Your Own 100

Hottest Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance And Latest

Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000

Other Nigerians Who Are Already

Millionaires With These Immediately

Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Because it is a place of robbery where the pastor and his henchmen steal your money through hypnotism and motivational speech.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by adedayourt(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
I
C
A
N CLASS
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by pek(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
eleojo23:
Being at home by this time doesn't mean someone didn't go to church.
Some churches run two to three services and that means that the first service starts as early as 7am, so people who went for the first service would have been back by now.
In trying to sound intelligent, you ended up sounding dumb, very dumb. FYI, the question is why didn't you go to church today and not why you are at home at this time.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Wizzyblack3(m): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
No excuse but am seriously sick... Battling malaria..

Did anyone here knw what medicine to take, my throat really hurts, i can hardly drink water.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by ichommy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
Bad bo! grin
jayzon:
because i wanted to bleep my gf wen my parents are out
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
church habit doesnt count in the life of people who call themselves christians. Bible is readable and understandable, i read at home carefully and follow it. Thieves, harlots, 419ers, bribe collectors and other evil stuffs are the people found in church. Jesus said he who do all i command is like he who built his house on rock.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Damalex4luv(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
islandmoon:

Because he told us convenat university will be for the poor church members, and my cousin demola contributed his lunch money, he was given form to raise fund for the project , poor demola was going around raising fund, saying it was his scholarship and they still put the school fee at 350k which he couldn't afford
That was a scam
I understand your plight, am a member of the church too since 1997 though am not always happy with the church disposition towards so many things, but the judgement should be left to God not to us. Nobody is perfect and as a matter of fact we're all sinner irrespective of the level of our sins, we only needs to continually pray for the grace of God. Please forget everything and move on, painting the man of God in a bad manner will not add anything to you neither will it take something away from you. Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
didn't go and I have no excuse.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by beright: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
I worshipped yesterday and work for me begins today
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by eleojo23: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
pek:
In trying to sound intelligent, you ended up sounding dumb, very dumb. FYI, the question is why didn't you go to church today and not why you are at home at this time.

I guess you answered the question based on the thread's title just like most people.
I answered based on the poster's question.
He said 'if you are not in church right now what is your best excuse?‘
Go back and read the OP's question again.

And don't be quick to use the word 'dumb' on someone, Mr. Intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by seankay(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Head count undecided I'm really pained cos I had thought I was going to block one babe in church but I now have to wait till next Sunday angry
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by jezuzboi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
ladman:
It rained lions and tigers.
guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by marshalcarter: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
titipeters:
# rained cat and dog through the nyt, so I got up late, n calculated I can't meet up with sunday school # and I knw my sunday service isn't complete without sunday school #

Gr8 excuse......but not gr8er enuf
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Celenawora: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
MrPresident:
cos i can stay in my house and pray, sing, clap, read my bible, and keep 10% of my salary to myself.
The 10 percent belongs to God

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
A lot of these pastors have a way of brainwashing their followers to do stu.pid things... some pastors encourage their members to borrow money to sow seeds or make donations to their churches... similar to what oyedepo tells his UK members to do by using credit card to sow seeds and make donations to his scam group of churches.

islandmoon:

That was a scam

He also went to UK , telling his church member to sow seed with credit facilities using their bank cards, the UK governnment frown at the development , said you can't put people in debt in the name of sowing seed promising them that God will reward them with double portion

Another scam

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
so if ARABS and MISSIONARIES never brought ISLAM & CHRISTANITY respectively to AFRICA, EVERYBODY ON AFRICAN SOIL WOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN AUTOMATIC TICKET TO HELLFIRE??
WHAT WOULD'A HAPPENED IF INDIANS AND CHINEESE HAD BROUGHT HINDUISIM AND BUHDAISM TO AFRICA TOO

SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by menxer: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngwarlocks:
watever reason u have not to be in church this morning doesn't count anymore, just try to b there nxt time. Or beta still u can visit any place where there is evening fellowship or service today.

Remember, do not forget d gathering of the brethren. HEBREWS 10:25

I'M OUTIE

...But we are here gathered.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by youngwarlocks: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
Okaakoko:
se nairaland no be gathering of brethren ni?
Physical gathering of christians...dats what the text is saying na..... bros wetin i do una??, to comment don b wahala again
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
I dnt give a f**k about church, i only care about love "to humanity" which is GOD
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Celenawora:

what is an invisible almighty spirit being doing with money?

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by cupidora(f): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
Parce que je suis en route Abia to get my head counted. NYSC Head-count palavar!
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Spidermon: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
1.) Heaven or Hell won't be decided by church attendance

2.) Gat 2 churches on my street and both have loudspeakers. The sermon reaches me in my room....only that I won't pay offering.

3.) I read my bible and pray everyday. God's blessings and punishment is for him to decide which one I deserve.

Reality hurts.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Celenawora:

WCH GOD
MONEY THT WILL B CONSUMED BY THOSE LAZY PASTORS
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by daniel56(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Money
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Joniboi:
Taking care of my sick wifey.
good to know that my countrymen are now being caring.
Thumbs up bro
I wish Her speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Jalinco: 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Because I am easily arouse by women dancing steps but I don't want to commit sin today
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
MrPresident:

what is an invisible almighty spirit being doing with money?
I WONDER OOO cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Gurgle(f): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
1Dray:

Really? You like occultic men rather.

Lol! where is that from

Yeah I don't like church, I know its good for me and Im always glad I attended. But on a basic level I don't like it. Its like eating vegetables rather than junk- you know its good for you and you feel better afterwards but still avoid it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stop Boko Haram: Tawiah To TB Joshua / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Who Are These Jehovah's Witnesses? Misconceptions, Likes & Dislikes About Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.