Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,206 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? (19576 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
titipeters:
# rained cat and dog through the nyt, so I got up late, n calculated I can't meet up with sunday school # and I knw my sunday service isn't complete without sunday school #
grin
titipeters:
# rained cat and dog through the nyt, so I got up late, n calculated I can't meet up with sunday school # and I knw my sunday service isn't complete without sunday school #

lazy bone
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
lolaxavier:
I don't do religion, hence I'm currently eating noodles and plantain with a bottle of orijin at home.

Na sacrifice U dey eat oooo

which kind combo be dat
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
islandmoon:

Because he told us convenat university will be for the poor church members, and my cousin demola contributed his lunch money, he was given form to raise fund for the project , poor demola was going around raising fund, saying it was his scholarship and they still put the school fee at 350k which he couldn't afford
That was a scam

Oyedepo probably had not grasped the difficulty of running a private university....that it won't be like that of private school....when he made that comment.

Private unis in Nigeria receive no kobo from government. As a result....they have to raise their funds. One can get away with paying primary school teacher N80000 monthly.....but a Professor......needs at least N400000 monthly. Where is a private uni operator going to find the cash to pay the prof?

A University is much more than ordinary school.....it does research, training, etc. And all that needs cash.Lots of cash. In brief...something around the region of $100 million annually. I doubt Oyedepo rakes up to half of that annually.(And he still has a church to run, pastors to pay, enterprises to run, etc).

Try setting up a private university for the poor. Unless you have the wealth of a Bill Gates.....you won't get anywhere. Education costs money....and unfortunately....that is something you Nigerians must grasp.(Especially as fees in public unis may soon shoot up thanks to the drp in oil kudi).

I am not a fan of Oyedepo ,by the way.

(And why didn't Demola look for other scholarships? Why weren't his parents saving something? You know...that is a habit we Nigerians are going to have to follow....now that education might become more expensive.).

He also went to UK , telling his church member to sow seed with credit facilities using their bank cards, the UK governnment frown at the development , said you can't put people in debt in the name of sowing seed promising them that God will reward them with double portion

Another scam

Now that's not scripture.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
jayzon:
because i wanted to bleep my gf wen my parents are out

Ur hell fire ehn !!!!
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by youngwarlocks: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
menxer:

...But we are here gathered.
NL no b church na
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by stonecoldcafe: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
No outing clothes on me at the moment
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
exlink10:
my wife oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
she said am not goin ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

U be lesbian?
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by sketcherJ(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Because God it's not necessary to go
wat do u mean?
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by ladyF(f): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
RexTramadol1:

We didn't go to church

We've been filled with the annointing of...............

Odeku and Burukutu! grin grin my FirstLady
Lol so u sef no go church shocked

Fear God o grin
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
because no virgin in church
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by teekay213(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
because there is nothing like early sunday morning sex which after i will sleep.and it raining here like mad.#cool weather 4 2.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
sketcherJ:
wat do u mean?
It means what it means.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Went for night class. Roommate locked me outside and my key was in the room.
Hasn't come back still.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Esdb3: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
themejiwalker:
I used to be a regular at winners chapel. But since the election period when religion started mixing with politics and money. It's really given me a second thought about the whole thing.

Right now it's just based on impulse

Don't let churches throw away your faith man. You just know God worship Jesus in any church that preaches making heaven over making money.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by obiak4(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngwarlocks:
watever reason u have not to be in church this morning doesn't count anymore, just try to b there nxt time. Or beta still u can visit any place where there is evening fellowship or service today.

Remember, do not forget d gathering of the brethren. HEBREWS 10:25

I'M OUTIE
abeg who church don help? Raise your hand
religion and christianity breeds more hates than love
the moral of my story is serve the lord and keep his commandments
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by blackjack21(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
hertz9te:
if you are not in church right now.......what's your best excuse?

My sister's friend's mother's grandpa's brother's grandson's uncle fish died today.

.......And yes, it was tragic.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by kendrick9(m): 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Joebest404:
I went to church and our pastor was so funny today
Some church members went on evangelism and preached to some prostitutes & invited them to church. On arrival these prostitutes met there customers who happens to be members of the church and out of excitement they shouted 'customer so you worship here too' you can imagine the looks on these members faces because some of them happen to be workers in the church
haha.. lol
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by niceguy7(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
After the grace of God upon u, that u got free of charge.....some people will nw sit comfortably at home on Sundays and won't go to church....
*wickedness of the highest order * angry undecided
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Hawlahscho(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:
What's the need of going to church to contribute my money to lazy people who suppose find something doing rather than rely on interpreting one book that is very easy to read and understand.

Also, tell me your reasons for not adhering to our local rituals.

Ah! shocked
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by menxer: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngwarlocks:

NL no b church na

Na wa to you ooo
Where is it written you must gather in church?

"Where two or three are gathered...."
"Don't forsake the gathering of brethren"
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Luckymay(f): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Acidosis:
in the hospital
get well soon
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Vock(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
naijathings:

Bro. I made up my mind to enter church anyhow I am.
I can enter the church wearing Gucci or Just white T-Shirt and shorts and slippers.
I enter there with ONLY GOD on my mind and I enter wearing whatever my hand reaches
because I am not going there to impress anyone or meet chics or look for business deals.

some people go to church and cant even put their kneels down or use their head to touch
the ground for a GOD they say they worship and adore, just because they are wearing
a new lace or expensive jeans or because THAT BABE is looking.

well, na everybody sabi how dem dey follow their spiritual life and relation with dem maker.

Bro, no be my own church ooo...ba turn up with suit and Italian shoes, me just dey lowkey dey listen to adeboye' sermons for my phone
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by hertz9te(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
Wizzyblack3:
No excuse but am seriously sick... Battling malaria..

Did anyone here knw what medicine to take, my throat really hurts, i can hardly drink water.
try artesunate
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by 2tangle123(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
Since I realise that Churches are business centres I quit, am a Christian now, I stopped practicing Churchianity, I also stopped listening to sermons that begins from the Bible and end in your wallet.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by simplisity(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:
What's the need of going to church to contribute my money to lazy people who suppose find something doing rather than rely on interpreting one book that is very easy to read and understand.

Also, tell me your reasons for not adhering to our local rituals.
U think u have said it all or that u have arrived or u can say watever u want to say, in any way u want to say it. Na u get ur mouth. Even if u get one million likes, it does not remove d fact that Holy Bible is not an ordinary book. It is the word of God gotten throu d inspiration of d Holy Spirit. U cant jst read it and understnd it, bcs it is not a novel. It is only d Holy Spirit that can help u to understnd wen u read it. Please, be careful d way u talk ill of Sacred things. Every sin can be forgiven, but d sin against d Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven and that is blasphemy against God. Dont allow satan to use u as an intrument against God's work, satan would deny u at d last day and u will pay for ur sins.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Iwonimi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Our church is on strike
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
embarassedNight duty
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by Joniboi(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

good to know that my countrymen are now being caring.

Thumbs up bro

I wish Her speedy recovery.
Thanks bro.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by harristo(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
MadCow1:
This is the 7th day.. I rested. cool

This is the first day, and I bet you didn't rest yesterday the 7th day.
Re: Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? by simplisity(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
If u have no reason not to breath, bcs u will die or not to eat wen u r hungry and drink wen ur thirsty. Y shld u have a reason not to attend church on sunday, d only day made specialy to worship God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? / My Daughter, Deedee, Got Baptised This Morning. / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.