Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? (13566 Views)

The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / The Aftermath Of Rapture / Can Anyone Explain Partial Rapture Fully ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Young03(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2016
nothing like Rapture

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Horlufemi(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2016
Nothing like rapture. look for it in the Bible then call me.
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Zenlife: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Age old unfulfilling story.

Nobody is going no where!!!

5 Likes

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by buchilino(m): 10:09am On Nov 20, 2016
jiggaz:
My brother, Rapture is real oo.
I PRAY HE WITNESSES IT
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2016
There is rapture allright

We will all turn to superman and start flying through endless space forever grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by joeace2020(m): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2016
Africans....SMH

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2016
Rapture koh rapture nih grin

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2016
MetaHuman:
There is rapture allright

We will all turn to superman and start flying through endless space forever grin
Lmao grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by lifezone247(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2016
Christians go up? To go and do what? Nothing is up der abeg, na sky dey up.

4 Likes

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by CXLVII: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2016
Rapture is just a Middle-East storybook fiction

With the Sophisticated high precision armory with countries like Russia, America and China, Any Earth invasion will be totally exterminated.

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Immorttal: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2016
jiggaz:
My brother, Rapture is real oo.
do research before defending this s.hit. It wont cost you a dime
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by olumite1234(m): 10:15am On Nov 20, 2016
Zenlife:

Kindly share your experience of rapture...

Lol. I can't laugh o. Where will the exprerience come from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by CXLVII: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2016
PastorAIO:
I have a rapture problem. Every time I make a little money and I stash it away somewhere, it seems as if the Money would just suddenly rapture from my pocket or wherever I stashed it. It is very puzzling to me.

Please how can I stop Rapture?

Go to your village and apologize to all the Flying eagles there
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Lovine: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2016
Resurrection is what Jesus taught not rapture,Luke 20:35-36, John 6:39, 1 Corinthians 15:20-23, 2 Corinthians 4:14, 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Immorttal: 10:17am On Nov 20, 2016
PastorAIO:
I have a rapture problem. Every time I make a little money and I stash it away somewhere, it seems as if the Money would just suddenly rapture from my pocket or wherever I stashed it. It is very puzzling to me.

Please how can I stop Rapture?
money its the only thing that raptures. Sad but true. embarassed
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 20, 2016
Rapture? You mean like putting fish in a plastic bag and wrapping it? Or rapping like tupac
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by ramalot(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2016
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by shotster50(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2016
There is no dark, darker than the distorted great light
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Maj196(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2016
Op 1000 years from now pple go still dey around

4 Likes

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by tosyne2much(m): 10:27am On Nov 20, 2016
Horlufemi:
Nothing like rapture. look for it in the Bible then call me.
Haba! Egbon calm down ooooo cool

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by sorextee(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2016
I just hate all these talk on Rapture... We will all die, nothing will happen.. Our children will continue the story... Nothing go still happen.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by sorextee(m): 10:31am On Nov 20, 2016
Even buhari and osinbajo grin

ramalot:

If anything delusion like that was real, rest assured that Nigeria would not notice.

They, their pastors, imams, gateman and everyone else would be fully on ground.
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by tosyne2much(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Rapture koh rapture nih grin
Don't tell me you're an atheist?
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Don't tell me you're an atheist?
I'm not oh shocked undecided
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by castiello(m): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2016
Rapture is the transformation from the fiscal body which is flesh to becoming a spiritual being just like death when someone die the body is left behind to decay and become dust but the difference Btwn rapture and death is that ppl involved are massive mean mass transformation into the spiritual bring and unexplainable dissapairance of ppl
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by derakpom: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2016
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by lankieman: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2016
Lies

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by eplanning: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2016
Only those Christians who remain in the faith and are ready.
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by sixtus3606(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2016
Rapture kor....capture ni undecided
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by zanogo(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2016
Maj196:
Op 1000 years from now pple go still dey around
you are very right, the greatest threat to humanity is humanity itself, when there are thousands of nuclear warheads that can turn the earth into pre historic ages,moreover you are as good as what you believe,there are some religions that does not believe in rapture, would those people be included in the rapture or be left on earth to follow their belief?

2 Likes

Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by babyfaceafrica: 11:18am On Nov 20, 2016
lonelydora:
Why so much hidden comments? Seun, I will keep saying it,

Do unto Christians as you have done to Muslims.

Put a creed on Christian threads.
why were those comments hidden?...did they slay the other faith?.....I am not so concerned with creeds...but christains need to behave like true christains..even when muslim and islamic bigots say trash can't we keep quiet?!!!
Re: Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? by cyrilamx(m): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2016
Rapture-the doctrine of the left behind. Does it has scriptural /magisterium teaching?

When many people, Protestants and Catholics alike, think of the end times, they automatically think of the rapture, a type of “Left Behind” event.

In this event, those who are right with God are mysteriously taken up into heaven, and those who are living in sin, remain on Earth during a time of tribulation and chaos. The Catholic (early church) teaching on the end times however, does not support this type of event.
The word “rapture” comes from the Latin word meaning “to be caught up” or “taken up”. This refers to the passage in St. Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians 4:17 which states, “then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.”

With respect to the rapture, the Catholic Church teaches (though she does not generally use the word "rapture"wink that those Christians who are alive during Christ’s second coming will not experience death, but rather, will be gloriously transformed and join the saints already with Christ.

Catholics,Orthodox Christians, Lutherans, and Reformed Christians believe in a rapture only in the sense of a general final resurrection, when Christ returns in his Second Coming. They do not believe that a group of people is left behind on earth for an extended Tribulation period after the events of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Nowhere in 1 Thessalonians does St. Paul teach a secret coming of Christ. Furthermore, St. Paul states that Christ’s coming will be announced by the cry of an archangel and by a trumpet blast. St. Paul is describing the resurrection of the dead that will take place at Christ’s second coming.

It appears, when reading 1 Thessalonians that Christians at the time were worried that those who died before Christ’s second coming would not share in His triumphant return.

Paul assures them that when the time comes, they will join the resurrected to meet the Lord and will share in Christ’s triumphant descent from heaven to earth. Also Matthew's gospel taught that the tribulation will be experienced by both the good and sinners, hence the plea that it should be shortened because of the elect.

Historians are in agreement that the pre-tribulation Rapture doctrine originated in the eighteenth century, with the Puritan preachers Increase and Cotton Mather, and was then popularized in the 1830s by John Darby.

Others, including Grant Jeffrey, maintain that an earlier document called Ephraem or Pseudo-Ephraem already supported a pre-tribulation rapture.

Pre-tribulation rapture theology was popularized extensively in the 1830s by John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren, and further popularized in the United States in the early 20th century by the wide circulation of the Scofield Reference Bible.

Up till the 1830s, there was no pre-tribulation doctrine of 'left behind' (rapture) in any of the patristic writings nor taught by the church fathers nor among the doctors. I hope Catholics will allow the Church guide them through the scripture and not falsely arrogate to themselves the ability to interpret scripture thereby distorting it. 2 Pet. 3:16

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.