Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala (3147 Views)

2019: Buhari’s Men In Dilemma / "Buhari's Men Kidnapped Chibok Girls" - Fani Kayode / Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Paul Nwabuikwu, media adviser to Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,
says the former finance minister has been an object of
vilification because she blocked some “corrupt people” who
are now in President Muhammadu Buhari’s government
from stealing.
Nwabuikwu was reacting to reports that the Okonjo-Iweala
family established a multi-million dollar hospital in Abuja.
“Why is Okonjo-Iweala the object of this ceaseless
campaign of falsehoods and distortions? The answer is
simple: because she refused to steal and share and because
she blocked many powerful people, some of whom are now
in power, from stealing. That is why they would go to any
lengths to tarnish her name,” he said.
“Okonjo-Iweala has a clean record of two terms in office. As
we have consistently maintained, she is not afraid of a
transparent investigation of her two terms in office. She
supports the anti-corruption drive in Nigeria.
“No one who has had the privilege of serving his or her
country should feel too big to be investigated. It is this very
issue of fighting corruption that brought her back in the first
place and she has a track record of blocking corruption. It is
ironic that it is those same corrupt people who are trying to
tarnish her image using corrupt media.
“People should recall that it was her fight against subsidy
scammers that led to her mother being kidnapped in 2012
with the demand by the scammers that she should resign
and leave the country.
“Nigerians should prepare for more attacks because these
people are desperate and drunk with power. But they will
keep failing because the truth will ultimately prevail.”

https://www.thecable.ng/okonjo-iweala-attack-stopping-buharis-men-stealing-says-aide

lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
YES! Oshiomh-OLE a case study..

12 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Happiness87(f): 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
hahaha
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
very plausible

3 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Your correct Ma. And I know one of them...his name is OSHIOMOLE.
I heard he promised to fund Iara's account with $75m, as part of the agreement to marry him. And he used ur name to cajole Dullard Buhari to facilitate it.

Now that he's has got it, he has totally forgotten the meaning of NNPC. Its Iara everyday and night!

10 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by lolaxavier(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ngozi, you watch too much of SpongeBob squarepant

3 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by dunkem21(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ngozika, Anu ana agba egbe, O na aracha oroma nkirisi grin

11 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by winniz: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
We know you are right, same way that Oshiomole or whatever kept attacking you cos you refused granting him his loan request.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Firefire(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
you see, Nigeria is an interesting country.

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by BishopMagic: 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
The media and Journalists are the most corrupt people in our polity.

They have no single conscience and are willing tools and hypocrites.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by saintopus(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
To me this woman, indeed is a good woman. For her to maintain an integrity to the extent that the International Community find her worthy of holding very sensitive post in World Bank means that at least she must be better than most of our politicians that we all know have not worked in any other establishment other than in politics and yet amassed so much wealth. Let us take for instance. Where has Amaechi worked to have so much money? What about those other politicians? I mentioned my state governor here. I don't know of others. You can add yours.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Stephansmily(f): 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by fejikudz(m): 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
osho baba comes to my mind

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by owobokiri(m): 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
BishopMagic:
The media and Journalists are the most corrupt people in our polity.

They have no single conscience and are willing tools and hypocrites.

The Lagos-Ibadan press is despicable. Those are not media houses. Those are messy rooms fabricating junk news at the speed of light. . Mercenery press turning devils into gods and gods into devils just to serve percuniary interests. . The Nigerian press is in a dire need of total revamping. .

5 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by BishopMagic: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
owobokiri:

The Lagos-Ibadan press is despicable. Those are not media houses. Those messy rooms fabricating junk news at the speed of light. . Mercenery press turning devils into goods and gods into devils just to serve percuniary interests. . The Nigerian press is in a dire need of total revamping. .

That is why social media is very important.

They have sent their urchins here as opinion crafting shills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by anyinso: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Until Oshom-ole tells us what he wants from her. Ngozi wins

2 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by FreeGlobe(f): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ngozi refused to sponsor oshiom-ole's wedding to lara

5 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by FreePath(m): 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
It's still not fair enough. You allowed some thieves in GEJ cabinet but blocked the ones now in PMB goverment. You would've been Nigerians hero if you blocked them all.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by ziky2010(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dis woman sef
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by KINGSNEEZE(m): 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
Our politicians are illiterates but we that claim that we re learned are so myopic....have u ever ask urself why haven't dis people come out with any concrete evidence against dis woman or any other person, they keep accusing and counter accusing. And some of us re busy singing their praises

4 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by omolami: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
That is why I said that money is missing in Nigeria, its all about victimization and vendetta. It's all about premeditated plan to rope few individuals for corruption under GEJ BY ALL means .

2 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Atlantian: 12:29am On Aug 24, 2015
Until Rochas inserts his dicck into that trophy wife of his, the ugly parrot would not sharrap.
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by personal59: 12:36am On Aug 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
YES! Oshiomh-OLE a case study..
Editor1:
Your correct Ma. And I know one of them...his name is OSHIOMOLE.
I heard he promised to fund Iara's account with $75m, as part of the agreement to marry him. And he used ur name to cajole Dullard Buhari to facilitate it.
Now that he's has got it, he has totally forgotten the meaning of NNPC. Its Iara everyday and night!
anyinso:
Until Oshom-ole tells us what he wants from her. Ngozi wins
FreeGlobe:
Ngozi refused to sponsor oshiom-ole's wedding to lara
omolami:
That is why I said that money is missing in Nigeria, its all about victimization and vendetta. It's all about premeditated plan to rope few individuals for corruption under GEJ BY ALL means .
Atlantian:
Until Rochas inserts his dicck into that trophy wife of his, the ugly parrot would not sharrap.

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by baralatie(m): 12:45am On Aug 24, 2015
oshiomole is a classic example
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by mikolo80: 3:51am On Aug 24, 2015
saintopus:
To me this woman, indeed is a good woman. For her to maintain an integrity to the extent that the International Community find her worthy of holding very sensitive post in World Bank means that at least she must be better than most of our politicians that we all know have not worked in any other establishment other than in politics and yet amassed so much wealth. Let us take for instance. Where has Amaechi worked to have so much money? What about those other politicians? I mentioned my state governor here. I don't know of others. You can add yours.
SMHv
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by LongPennis(m): 3:57am On Aug 24, 2015
Aunty Ngoo, if you are referring to Amaechi, Rochas or Oshiomole, please don't bother.

They are PhD holders in looting and are therefore chronic in the act, we need names of freshers to start curbing the menace quickly. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by segebobo: 5:03am On Aug 24, 2015
GEJ's tenure was regarded to be corrupt. She is getting the attacks because she was the manager of the economy at the time and so much was looted under her watch. I only hope PMB's govt will probe & prosecute the alleged looters but the problem is this: if he decides to probe, some will cry victimisation & witch hunting. If he decides not to probe, the govt will be like the previous one that was always making empty accusations without any concrete evidence.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by Vicadonis(m): 5:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Yes, especially Amechi and Oshiomole
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by funstufz: 5:29am On Aug 24, 2015
I don't think that is the real issue here

She should rather be nailed for 'selective permissiveness grin grin' i.e. allowing some people while you denied 'others' because they were not too loyal...
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by drey076(m): 5:33am On Aug 24, 2015
u don't need to praise her she will soon face trial and provide evidence in front of a fearless judge.
Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by kenedy175(m): 5:37am On Aug 24, 2015
Ride on ma! They will keep shooting at you but will never hit you. You will keep putting them to shame.

When we talk about Integrity, Ngo comes to mind unlike some people that used it to win election undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Attack For Stopping Buhari's Men From Stealing, Says Okonjo-iweala by biafranqueen: 5:39am On Aug 24, 2015
It has been over 1 month since they claimed America gave them a list of looters but not one single person has been brought to court. Let them bring the accused to court and televise for all to see, since they claim to be a anti corruption party the burden of proof is on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Faces Of Bankers (pics) / Breaking news another militant group emerged / Check Out This Trending APC Team Formation - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.