Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerian Recipes - Food (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Recipes (348383 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 3:55am On Oct 20, 2007
Dolly, please remove my name in there, i was the one that just sent it to you.

cheers + enjoy.
g'night.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 20, 2007
Omoge na igbo girl?? shocked Nnene i don catch you! grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by debosky(m): 4:00am On Oct 20, 2007
haba yarinya. . . . . menene? Ba na son surutu/gajiya.

Ina gidan malam mai Nama? Ina jin yunwa sosai, ina son suya falafala! grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dollyshow(f): 4:09am On Oct 20, 2007
sorry about that omoge, never knew, nice meeting you and thanks again, but how di remove ur name?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 4:14am On Oct 20, 2007
i just emailed the process to u already.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 4:16am On Oct 20, 2007
debo,
ba za yi a fada komi ana ba walahi. na hutu!!

oti re mi gan.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 4:18am On Oct 20, 2007
blimey! @ david

deb, david and dolly

you all sleep tight.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by debosky(m): 4:21am On Oct 20, 2007
Too, baa komi wink

sannu yarinya, sai da safe kiss
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 20, 2007
gnite omo igbo . . . grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2007
na wa
did I say something?
I am utterly confused
Re: Nigerian Recipes by CoolMrsT(f): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2007
[b][/b]Amaka1 I confess myself greatly in your debt! As a newlywed US woman married to a Yoruba man, it is my earnest desire to please my husband by learning to cook his favourite naija dishes (and some of my own!). I learnt how to make eja aro from my sister-in-law (whew my very best favourite!) but am indebted to you eternally for your recipe for suya. I tried to bring some back to the US with me when I was last home, but ended up leaving it last minute with my sister-in-law at the airport as I was afraid they would confiscate it. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I SO MISSED THAT WONDERFUL TASTE! Now am turning on my family here in the US to the joys of naija cooking and all the wonderful flavours! (and am I reading that right that you are in CT? me too, almost finished with my husband's immigration visa, then we go back & forth!)
Re: Nigerian Recipes by yetibabe: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2007
Check out www.afrofoodtv.com for African food shows, recipe database and general info about African food.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2007
@cool mrs t

good to know this thread could help you out

More happy meals to you
Re: Nigerian Recipes by CoolMrsT(f): 3:29am On Oct 26, 2007
@ salsera, thanks! Made the suya over the weekend, OMG I miss LAGOS! WHEW! With God I should be home again soon to get hubby then we both come back to the US for awhile. Praying in time for Christmas, but will be celebrating no matter WHEN! Can't wait to try some of the other recipes I got here. Now I have two Nigerian foods I can make, LOL, suya and eja aro (both of which are MY favourites, so I am not complaining!) As for my husband he is an awesome good cook too (addin to the Naija men CAN cook bit of the thread)
God Bless all,
Re: Nigerian Recipes by simibrazil(f): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2007
My babe oga is here with me reading the thread and he said you are making fun of me embarassed

I just found out what abunna/kini means tongue

You people use blible English, very sophisticated. I ll buy a dictionery to participaded better

hugs
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
simibrazil:

My babe oga is here with me reading the thread and he said you are making fun of me embarassed

I just found out what abunna/kini me[/b]ans tongue

[b]You people use blible English, very sophisticated. I ll buy a dictionery to participaded better

hugs

You'll still be searching for "abunna" in the dictionary for the next 40yrs! grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2007
LOL

davidylan:

You'll still be searching for "abunna" in the dictionary for the next 40yrs! grin

Simi,

it's all just a tease nothing serious. for sure, some add abunna to pepper soup  grin and eat it.

Dictionary? for Abunna?  grin that's funny  wink. But good you are learning nigerian words.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by eiete(f): 12:29am On Nov 04, 2007
Could someone help me out with a cake recipe please.

The ones I tend to bake here taste different from the once

baked in nigeria. Come to think of it I miss tantalizers. cry
Re: Nigerian Recipes by simibrazil(f): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90869.0.html

Knowlodge is always welcome, take a look the topic I made about this subject tongue

Thank you people
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2007
simibrazil eh eh

this na food joint o, a place for food/recipes grin. i thought it was food you were asking us to look at grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by ikamefa(f): 3:28am On Nov 09, 2007
since this is a Nigerian recipe thingy

can anybody hook me up with correct recipe for[b] ofe nsala?[/b] undecided

omoge? grin anybody? undecided
Re: Nigerian Recipes by akeye(f): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2007
amaka1 pls dont kill us oh
i wont eat tonight cos am full already
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dellynash(f): 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2007
i really must appreciate your efforts for taking time to write out long recipes of the various types of dishes. i would want to contribute.

Achu and yellow soup.

a) Achu
-cocoyams
- unripe banana

wash cocoyams well and boil without peeling, after 30minutes add banana and leave to cook for about 45 to 60minutes.
peel banana and pound in a mortar, pound well for it to be smooth, peel cocoyams and pound well too, mix it with the banana until u have a smooth misture, add water and mix well to be soft, put in a dish or roll in leaves to serve.
b[b]) yellow soup[/b]
-meat and fish
-palm oil
-potasium
-maggi
-salt
-pepper/achu spices
boil meat and fish, heat the palm oil a bit and allow to cold,put in potasium bit by bit until it has a yellow colour, pour in water from meat and fish and mix well add ground pepper and spices. it is serve with soup in the same plate, a hole is made in the middle of the plate and soup is poured in. im sorry i don't have any picture of the dish now
Re: Nigerian Recipes by chika98: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2007
Amaka 1, What is your name on Naijaryders? I see you've put up pics and recipes from there on here. So fess up with immediate effect!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge25(f): 7:48am On Nov 21, 2007
chika98:

Amaka 1, What is your name on Naijaryders? I see you've put up pics and recipes from there on here. So fess up with immediate effect!

Na today? dem don yab dat girl tay tay, go back some pages.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by chika98: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2007
Omoge25, But she disappeared! Where the hell is she? Why not put a disclaimer up that she did NOT make ANY of those dishes ? I have a huge problem with plagrism. And to think some of my friends made those and put them up on Naijaryders .
Re: Nigerian Recipes by anansewill: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2007
Hey People.
Check out http://www.ghanagrocery.com where you can buy most of these ingredients
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge(f): 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2007
LOL grin grin

omoge25:

Na today? them don yab that girl tay tay, go back some pages.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by ennygil(f): 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
hello amaka1,
those receipes are mouth watering. i just joined the forum today and i cant get away fom those receipes. Please can you send me the receipe for ice-cream and yoghurt.
Will really appreciate it.
Thank you.
ennygirl
www.wisdomfordailyliving.com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 22, 2007
i just dont like most of our recipes, they are simply appauling
Re: Nigerian Recipes by omoge25(f): 8:24am On Jan 02, 2008
olrotimi:

i just don't like most of our recipes, they are simply appauling

ok, would you like to elaborate?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by blackoasis(f): 4:48am On Jan 08, 2008
hallo everybody, i am greek and married to an igbo man, thanks very much for the recipes i have tried most of of them with little variation cause i cannot find bushmeat here,but they are tasty my husband is amazed and all of his friends.there are some new recipes at onlinenigeria for dodo and akara so check it out.
i need help with banga soup,if i buy the palm nut that is in tin, have i still to prepare the palm nuts the same way or is it ready in the tin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.