Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,616 members, 7,770,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigerian Recipes - Food (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Recipes (347398 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Recipes by ronkebp(f): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2011
So!!! Labalaba, i used that website you gave honeycity for the ofada rice stew, and it came out PERFECT, My hubby is living in the pot now, till the stew finishes then he will relocate. grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by titloxe: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
Please, could anybody give the recipes for AGEGE or Nigeria bread.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by deasy(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hi everyone in here
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I love you all for all you've done on this page.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by avena: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2012
Nice to see all that recipe which you have shared in this book,
Its really very good for all of us,
Re: Nigerian Recipes by AnjelS222: 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
thank you!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by demmykay: 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
Hello amaka, ur recipe re great. Pls can u kindly email me a copy of maggie ebook my email id is demykay@yahoo.com. I will appreciate if i can get one. I also need a recipe for efo riro urgently as i will be hosting some guest on sunday. Tanks nd remain bless
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2012
demmykay:

Hello amaka, ur recipe re great. Pls can u kindly email me a copy of maggie ebook my email id is demykay@yahoo.com. I will appreciate if i can get one. I also need a recipe for efo riro urgently as i will be hosting some guest on sunday. Tanks nd remain bless
Sent
Re: Nigerian Recipes by detunde: 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2012
Hello amaka, Pls can u kindly email me a copy of maggie ebook

my email id is detunde12@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2012
detunde:

Hello amaka, Pls can u kindly email me a copy of maggie ebook

my email id is detunde12@yahoo.com
Sent!

Let's not derail this thread, please. Ask to be sent the maggi e-book on this thread- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-546559.0.html
Re: Nigerian Recipes by amasha(f): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2012
please can u send a copy of d maggie ebook please please please
Re: Nigerian Recipes by amasha(f): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2012
Ooops forgot to put my email

ama_okoli@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dewittjoyce: 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2012

The cuisine of Nigeria is an ancient art that reflects the history and formes of our country; surviving the, arrivals of the first Europeans (Portuguese) in 1472, the British invasion of Lagos Island in 1861, subsequent colonization in 1914 through to the independence in 1960. Although no strong foreign influence, can be seen in any of the traditional dishes, exotic, food crops and spices introduced by these settlers.

The Nigerian cuisine is infinitely variable and adaptable. Although fiery and hot with a devotion to chilli, the chilli content in most recipes can be, reduced or omitted altogether according to taste.

Recipes are passed from mothers to daughters and are rarely written down hence making each dish a new experience, since every cook has his or her own taste. Please feel free to adapt and experiment to make these recipes part of your per manent collection
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
amasha:

Ooops forgot to put my email

ama_okoli@yahoo.com
Requests are to be made on this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-546559.0.html
Anyone who requests the e-book on this thread will not be attended to. smiley

Anyway, you've been sent the e-book, Amasha.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Bubi: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hi, This is a cool site designed for mobile devices as well, it's worth checking out www.foodnetworkafrica.com join the forum and chat all about food.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dokunbam(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2012
FOOD! FOOD!! FOOD!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by jennann(f): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2012
Pls, i need the recipe for white rice and sauce, ie the sauce contains cabbage, carrots and other ingredients in a broth thickened with flour. I m not exactly sure of all the ingredients, and how exactly to make it. Can anybody help?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tjskii(f): 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2012
White rice and sauce(tjskii style)
Ingredients
Green pepper
Onions
Carrots
Garlic
Ginger
Cabbages
Soy sauce(optional)
Pepper(atarodo,this is optional)
Curry and thyme
Flour or cornstarch(thickner)
Beef
Preparation;
Chop your beef in to small cubes then cook with onions,ginger,maggi cubes,curry and thyme.chop your greenpepper,cabbage,atarodo pepper,carrots,garlic,soysauce,then sautee(fry for bout 1min in little oil) in a smallpan.Once the beef is cooked add in a little flour/cornstarch to thicken the stock(meatwater)keep stirring till soup texture is smooth and dosnt ave lumps from the flour,add in your sauteed ingredients and your sauce is ready to be eaten with rice

Hope that helped,please I need help preparing buns,anyone with recipe
Re: Nigerian Recipes by jennann(f): 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
tjskii: White rice and sauce(tjskii style)
Ingredients
Green pepper
Onions
Carrots
Garlic
Ginger
Cabbages
Soy sauce(optional)
Curry and thyme
Beef
Preparation;
Chop your beef in to small cubes then cook with onions,ginger,maggi cubes,curry and thyme.chop your greenpepper,cabbage,atarodo pepper,carrots,garlic,soysauce,then sautee(fry for bout 1min in little oil) in a smallpan.Once the beef is cooked add in a little flour/cornstarch to thicken the stock(meatwater)keep stirring till soup texture is smooth and dosnt ave lumps from the flour,add in your sauteed ingredients and your sauce is ready to be eaten with rice

. thanks so much for the recipe. Will be trying it out ASAP. Guess it ll really turn out well.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tiebe: 7:20am On May 01, 2012
Amaka! how are you doing? please I'd like to know how to prepare an igbo dish i tasted once. i really dont know how to spell it, but it sounds like ukpogede. its something made from ripe plantain and it looks like it was wrapped like moi moi. can you (or anyone else who knows it) help me with the recipe? thanks in advance. . .
Re: Nigerian Recipes by obidia(f): 2:57pm On May 07, 2012
If i may pls amaka am a youruba lady married to an ibo man,pleaseeee could you send me a copy of the magi cook book too so there would be variety in my meals i dont want my husband to tire quickly of my food. Email add is adun_folami@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tiebe: 4:52pm On May 13, 2012
Amaka o!
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 9:36pm On May 13, 2012
ti-ebe:
Amaka! how are you doing? please I'd like to know how to prepare an igbo dish i tasted once. i really dont know how to spell it, but it sounds like ukpogede. its something made from ripe plantain and it looks like it was wrapped like moi moi. can you (or anyone else who knows it) help me with the recipe? thanks in advance. . .

obidia: If i may pls amaka am a youruba lady married to an ibo man,pleaseeee could you send me a copy of the magi cook book too so there would be variety in my meals i dont want my husband to tire quickly of my food. Email add is adun_folami@yahoo.com
While it's absolutely fine for you to ask Amaka for help, I'd like to kindly point out that Amaka hasn't been active on NL for a long while, and by directing your questions/requests to her specifically, especially on a thread like this that has nothing to do with your request (for those requesting the e-book), you personally discourage others from coming to your aid.

That said, Obidia, the e-book has been sent to you. Ti-ebe, this thread should be of help - https://www.nairaland.com/308820/pls-help-ukpo-ogede-recipe

Let's endeavor to post on the right thread so as to get a quick response.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tiebe: 2:32pm On May 14, 2012
Missy_B:

That said, Obidia, the e-book has been sent to you. Ti-ebe, this thread should be of help - https://www.nairaland.com/308820/pls-help-ukpo-ogede-recipe

very many thanks! didnt even check to see when last she was on nairaland. shame on me for not checking! wink grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by demmykay: 8:41am On May 17, 2012
Pls anyone with an idea on where to get pupmkin leaves in abuja nd its local name if any?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by HoTeToSe: 10:45pm On May 17, 2012
tjskii: White rice and sauce(tjskii style)
Ingredients
Green pepper
Onions
Carrots
Garlic
Ginger
Cabbages
Soy sauce(optional)
Curry and thyme
Beef
Preparation;

good one thanks smiley
Re: Nigerian Recipes by jidesp(m): 12:39am On May 18, 2012
hello amaka,

We'd like to introduce something to you. We want to create a section on our blog where nigerians can visits for updates on Nigerian recipes. If audience request for a particular recipe, you can always manage that. please contact us on onpointnaija@yahoo.com, you can visit onpointnaija..com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by tiebe: 12:28pm On May 22, 2012
Re: Nigerian Recipes by obidia(f): 3:27pm On May 22, 2012
Missy_B:

While it's absolutely fine for you to ask Amaka for help, I'd like to kindly point out that Amaka hasn't been active on NL for a long while, and by directing your questions/requests to her specifically, especially on a thread like this that has nothing to do with your request (for those requesting the e-book), you personally discourage others from coming to your aid.

Thanks for the correction thou i didn't see the said e book and i will appreciate if another copy is sent. i have checked inbox and spam but its not there. The mail address once again is adun_folami@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Nigerian Recipes by obidia(f): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ Missy_B i didnt see no maggi ebook could you pretty please send another thanks babe

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.