Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Crazy Love Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Crazy Love Story (4051 Views)

"He Saw My Picture And Slid Into My DM” – Instagram User Shares Love Story / MUST READ: Crazy Love Making Ways For Pregnancy Women (photos) / The never ending crazy love triangle and How To avoid It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hello. I want to preface this by saying this is not one of those silly stories where the writer asks what to do at the end like some dullard. I know what to do and I've done it already. Just doing this to get some closure. I'm also going to change a few details to remain anonymous. Here goes

I met a young lady back when I was in school some five six years ago. She was really pretty and intelligent and we both played the same sport. I really liked her. We hung out from time to time. Nothing serious. I had a girlfriend then and I did some major playing. Had a few bucks and not too bad looks.
I always fantasized about this girl but for some reason I never asked her out. Initially I told myself it's because I was saving her for something much more serious but eventually I guess it was due to fear of rejection. I never asked her out till I graduated. But we still hung out a few times. Then I went for service. She was on bbm and we would chat quite frequently. I even hinted somehow that I was coming back to where she was basically because I wanted us to be together but she would just laugh. Subconsciously I never believed she would accept if I asked her out.

Now let me take you a few years back to understand the rest of the story. I've been in love once before. Never worked out. Wrecked me emotionally. But when it comes to flings, my friends come to me for advice. I know how to play the game to a perfection. But it's all a mental game. Not an emotional one.

Okay now I'm back from service, got a job shortly afterwards and a decent apartment. She came to my office a few times and we hung out. Up to this point I've not told her explicitly I wanted to date her but I was assuming we'll just blossom into a relationship. Problem was we never saw each other frequently. Maybe once in two months and I didn't call so often. Not because I didn't care.

Now to the beginning of the end. I called her one nonspecific day and we blabbed about nothing and suddenly I don't remember how but I told her I really liked her. I was not prepared for her response. She told me she's been in love with me for five years and what took me so long. She got all emotional and started crying. We rescheduled the call.
Now this is where my demon starts. I become so emotional I couldn't control myself. I would call everyday and send tacky messages. I tried to arrange a meeting but she always refused. Eventually we saw. I told her to her face I was in love with her and bla bla. She looked at me without any affect. It was really cold. Then she said 'did you expect me to say something'
I was befuddled. I couldn't understand what was happening. I would call her everyday afterwards and send messages, despite my tight schedule. She never called back nor replied. I got exasperated and asked her what the problem was. She said she was processing. That was where it ended. She became cold and distant. Not replying my messages and sounding like I was bugging her. On her birthday I offered to take her out. No reply. Send a birthday message, no reply.
That was when I actually realise how crazy I've been. I knew all my moves in reality were against the code of courting but they came from a part of my heart I had never explored. But I had crucified every bit of my self respect and I think I'm done. I deleted her number because the urge to call her was too much(luckily I hadn't memorised it). It's been about a week now. She's not called. I stalk her Facebook page but she's not so active there. I can't see another girl because I found she's everything I want in a lady. I know it'll take 3 months to heal but everyday is so painful. Perhaps I was a coward for not letting her know sooner I don't know. But every night I dream that she calls me and tells me she loves me too. I know this isn't going to happen and I'll probably never find someone I'll love that much. But I'll find someone.
I'm pretty sure no one would read this this typing it out actually feels a little good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Love Story by horexy(f): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
An emotional story cry

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by yemstok(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
She is hurt @ o.p

she said she had loved you for 5years?

I wouldn't want to push blames here but all that happened was your fault.

why didn't you tell her how you felt before now? you were keeping her? is she a pet?

I think you should find a way to see her and talk things out. she might have fallen for someone else when she don wait taya.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Love Story by RichDad1(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
HEre. Perusing continue.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by donholy28(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
Now that's something everyone would live with...there's always someone out there ur cool with but u can't ask d person out even though ur good friends

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by misspicy(f): 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Crazy Love Story by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
Love sucks ryt? embarassed
Will always be...
Re: Crazy Love Story by Samfigo1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op Nawa oo! You acted like a snail! Did you develop any feelings for her during the five years?
The reason why she cried when u finally spoke your mind is that it was late when you asked her out, she's in love with another man... Look4 another person! You really fumbled!
Re: Crazy Love Story by Phikom(m): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Tales by moonlight...
Re: Crazy Love Story by Unibentested(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Urbino:
Hello. I want to preface this by saying this is not one of those silly stories where the writer asks what to do at the end like some Dillard. I know what to do and I've done it already. Just doing this to get some closure. I'm also going to change a few details to remain anonymous. Here goes

I met a young lady back when I was in school some five six years ago. She was really pretty and intelligent and we both played the same sport. I really liked her. We hung out from time to time. Nothing serious. I had a girlfriend then and I did some major playing. Had a few bucks and not too bad looks.
I always fantasized about this girl but for some reason I never asked her out. Initially I told myself it's because I was saving her for something much more serious but eventually I guess it was due to fear of rejection. I never asked her out till I graduated. But we still hung out a few times. Then I went for service. She was on bbm and we would chat quite frequently. I even hinted somehow that I was coming back to where she was basically because I wanted us to be together but she would just laugh. Subconsciously I never believed she would accept if I asked her out.

Now let me take you a few years back to understand the rest of the story. I've been in love e. Never worked out. Wrecked me emotionallyBut when it comes to flings, my friends come to me for advice. I know how to play the game to a perfection. But it's all a mental game. Not an emotional one.

Okay now I'm back from service, got a job shortly afterwards and a decent apartment. She came to my office a few times and we hung out. Up to this point I've not told her explicitly I wanted to date her but I was assuming we'll just blossom into a relationship. Problem was we never saw each other frequently. Maybe once in two months and I didn't call so often. Not because I didn't care.

Now to the beginning of the end. I called her one nonspecific day and we blabbed about nothing and suddenly I don't remember how but I told her I really liked her. I was not prepared for her response. She told me she's been in love with me for five years and what took me so long. She got all emotional and started crying. We rescheduled the call.
Now this is where my demon starts. I become so emotional I couldn't control myself. I would call everyday and send tacky messages. I tried to arrange a meeting but she always refused. Eventually we saw. I told her to her face I was in love with her and bla bla. She looked at me without any affect. It was really cold. Then she said 'did you expect me to say something'
I was befuddled. I couldn't understand what was happening. I would call her everyday and send messages, despite my tight schedule. She never called back nor replied. I got exasperated and asked her what the problem was she said she was processing. That was where it ended. She became cold and distant. Not replying my messages and sounding like I was bugging her. On her birthday I offered to take her out. No reply. Send a birthday message, no reply.
That was when I actually realise how crazy I've been. I knew all my moves in reality were against the code of courting but they came from a part of my heart I had never explored. But I had crucified every bit of my self respect and I think I'm done. I deleted her number because the urge to call her was too much(luckily I hadn't memorised it). It's been about a week now. She's not called. I stalk her Facebook page but she's not so active there. I can't see another girl because I found she's everything I want in a lady. I know it'll take 3 months to heal but everyday is so painful. Perhaps I was a coward for not letting her know sooner I don't know. But every night I dream that she calls me and tells me she loves me too. I know this isn't going to happen and I'll probably never find someone I'll love that much. But I'll find someone.
I'm pretty sure no one would read this this typing it out actually feels a little good

I feel your pain and understand the you being a master of flings part but when it comes to love..u get it wrong.

Now progress further without calling her again or sending any messages. If she's into you, she would come back. Trust me. Meanwhile use the time to meet other people and remember, love is different, we act all nice and scare the girl away, If only you could act just 50 percent of the way you act to the flings and not get too emotional in the beginning..love will not run away.

These tips might help...even for this girl you are about to forget, especially Number 10...

https://www.nairaland.com/2525657/10-tips-escape-friendzone-get

Mind you, one of the reasons she loved you back then in school was because you were unavailable and had a GF.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Love Story by tpiander: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
if you like don't move on.
Re: Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yeah I guess I did fumble. But sadly the extent of how much I love her was only evident when it was too late. Why I never said something earlier still bugs me day and night. Even when I explained that it was a bit scared to ask her because I really liked her she said 'how can I go out with someone who's scared to ask me out'. And that is a crazy irony because when I'm not emotionally invested I'm a smooth criminal.
Samfigo1:
Op Nawa oo! You acted like a snail! Did you develop any feelings for her during the five years?
The reason why she cried when u finally spoke your mind is that it was late when you asked her out, she's in love with another man... Look4 another person! You really fumbled!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
I like the 50% part. Only problem was when she looked at me or when I heard her voice I lose all me mental faculty. I begin to act and feel like a teenage girl on her first crush. But I like your article though
Unibentested:

I feel your pain and understand the you being a master of flings part but when it comes to love..u get it wrong.

Now progress further without calling her again or sending any messages. If she's into you, she would come back. Trust me. Meanwhile use the time to meet other people and remember, love is different, we act all nice and scare the girl away, If only you could act just 50 percent of the way you act to the flings and not get too emotional in the beginning..love will not run away.

These tips might help...even for this girl you are about to forget, especially Number 10...

https://www.nairaland.com/2525657/10-tips-escape-friendzone-get

Mind you, one of the reasons she loved you back then in school was because you were unavailable and had a GF.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Love Story by prettysassygirl(f): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
I cant promise u DAT u wld ever forget her,u wouldn't but in case she doesn't ever come back,I'll have u know that u wld find someone special someday,I know wat u going tru cos i ve bin there

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Love Story by focus7: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op sorry, I could have given an opinion but at the opening of your post you sounded above board, you sounded even wiser than King Solomon that others opinion would be nothing but silly to you. You know what to do so go ahead to do it.
Re: Crazy Love Story by datyrone(m): 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
O.p I feel ur pain..we r in the same shoes...mine dumped my sorry ass July ending.I can't wait for November to reach to get her out of my system

#girlscanbemean
Re: Crazy Love Story by uche92(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
dude are you kidding me? you took a page out of the book of my life word for word. met in college played the same sport.. played the same game.. same confession.. same reaction but mine happened within a period of 2 years lol
Urbino:
Hello. I want to preface this by saying this is not one of those silly stories where the writer asks what to do at the end like some dullard. I know what to do and I've done it already. Just doing this to get some closure. I'm also going to change a few details to remain anonymous. Here goes

Now let me take you a few years back to understand the rest of the story. I've been in love once before. Never worked out. Wrecked me emotionally. But when it comes to flings, my friends come to me for advice. I know how to play the game to a perfection. But it's all a mental game. Not an emotional one.

I was befuddled. I couldn't understand what was happening. I would call her everyday afterwards and send messages, despite my tight schedule. She never called back nor replied. I got exasperated and asked her what the problem was. She said she was processing. That was where it ended. She became cold and distant. Not replying my messages and sounding like I was bugging her. On her birthday I offered to take her out. No reply. Send a birthday message, no reply.
Re: Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
Thanks, I hope so
prettysassygirl:
I cant promise u DAT u wld ever forget her,u wouldn't but in case she doesn't ever come back,I'll have u know that u wld find someone special someday,I know wat u going tru cos i ve bin there
Re: Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Well if I was so wise I wouldn't have messed up my chance to be truly happy, or I wouldn't be this miserable afterwards would I?
focus7:
Op sorry, I could have given an opinion but at the opening of your post you sounded above board, you sounded even wiser than King Solomon that others opinion would be nothing but silly to you. You know what to do so go ahead to do it.
Re: Crazy Love Story by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op boo gat a boo grin
Lee boo lee boo

Give her time there is always a time for love

Mayb d time for u guys love is not now

Set her free just kno dat wenever u set sumone or sumtin free nd it later comes bck to u den it was meant to be

To u it myt b d perfect love bt God might av oda plans for u guys sumtimes wat we feel is ryt for us myt nt be ryt for us cos u dont kno how all wud end
Or do u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2015
Yeah that's what I'm doing now, but I have this nightmare that one day she'll say if I had fought for her now a little bit more she would have had me. And there's also the fact that any move I make now would be borderline psychotic. Add that to the fact that whenever I listen to any sad song, and I always listen to sad songs I feel the loss over again. It's like a wound that won't go away. I used to have her picture on my desk at the office and my laptop background. Deleted it. Too much sadness.
The saddest part is that she would just move on like I didn't exist
halfrica post=37300230, :
Op boo gat a boo grin
Lee boo lee boo

Give her time there is always a time for love

Mayb d time for u guys love is not now

Set her free just kno dat wenever u set sumone or sumtin free nd it later comes bck to u den it was meant to be

To u it myt b d perfect love bt God might av oda plans for u guys sumtimes wat we feel is ryt for us myt nt be ryt for us cos u dont kno how all wud end
Or do u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Love Story by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
Urbino:
Yeah that's what I'm doing now, but I have this nightmare that one day she'll say if I had fought for her now a little bit more she would have had me. And there's also the fact that any move I make now would be borderline psychotic. Add that to the fact that whenever I listen to any sad song, and I always listen to sad songs I feel the loss over again. It's like a wound that won't go away. I used to have her picture on my desk at the office and my laptop background. Deleted it. Too much sadness.
The saddest part is that she would just move on like I didn't exist

Time is d key here
Time heals all wounds its a matter of time
with time u will get over it trust me
Live ur life u av tried for her wat more does she want from u again ?
all wat u av done for her is wat most girls are prayin for deir bf nd husband to do nd cant do to dem

Fight wat?
Like u own black belt bah?
She wants u to fyt her conscience for her bah?

Be happy its ur life not hers sumone special needs all ur love please if u can giv a common frnd cum lust lover dis kind of love
Hope u remain small love for ur future wifey

go out meet people change lives abeg d girl is probably knackin one nigga dat gat anoda boo ryt now sef angry
And u here cryin like pikin wiv pampers

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by Johnnoah1st: 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
Urbino:

I always fantasized about this girl but for some reason I never asked her out. Initially I told myself it's because I was saving her for something much more serious but eventually I guess it was due to fear of rejection. I never asked her
nonsense! then wat do u want us to derive from dis crap?
Re: Crazy Love Story by Kunlexic(m): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
cry cry

Sad

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by Empressbecky(f): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
i recently had a terrible breakup too. i'm a hopeless romantic...and i think you are too. where are you maybe we could meet up and talk about it? send me a message cheers, becky x_o
Re: Crazy Love Story by clemz85(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op she is angry with you, she loved you for 5years hoping you would pop out the word but you didn't, so she though you were never gonnu do it and decided to
choose a path, now she felt guilty of impatient, she felt the pain of probably making a choice she never cherished, now you just did the worst by telling her at same time giving up, she waited you too should have waited,
now you better grab your touch and binoculars let's go search for her,

the best spouse is a best friend and not lover, this is where we miss it.

my 1 pound

1 Like

Re: Crazy Love Story by Urbino: 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thanks. That made a lot of sense.
clemz85:
Op she is angry with you, she loved you for 5years hoping you would pop out the word but you didn't, so she though you were never gonnu do it and decided to
choose a path, now she felt guilty of impatient, she felt the pain of probably making a choice she never cherished, now you just did the worst by telling her at same time giving up, she waited you too should have waited,
now you better grab your touch and binoculars let's go search for her,

the best spouse is a best friend and not lover, this is where we miss it.

my 1 pound
Re: Crazy Love Story by Empressbecky(f): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Still makes me sad...

(1) (Reply)

She Stays At My Place Till He Cums Back And He Says Nothing About It, Am I Safe? / Man Marries His Own Mother After Impregnating Her / Checkout This Cute Nairalander's And His Fiancee Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.