Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 (20559 Views)

FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand / Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Buhari Raises Alarm, Says Terrorists Returning To Embarrass Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by nateevs(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
FreeGlobe:

As long as the dictator is running the nation with SS/SE oil I must post.. I'm not a slave like you. I don't expect anything from a bigot and his lack of action so far has vindicated me.

I see you don't understand exactly who a bigot is. You need to look at yourself to understand one.

You think a President instituting a probe into possible financial misappropriation is lack of action. You need to re-arrange your priorities.

You want a country that works but at the same time are intolerant to strong decisions that start the work.

You are comfused.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by Jowonloju(m): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This president is super clueless. Instead of finding how to fulfill his campaign promises to the northerners and yorubas that voted him, he is busy chasing shadows
You don de KOLO and the same time some truth dey weting you talk.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by tolustx(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
AnanseK:

If he does only that and Nigerians realize the dangers of corruption to a developing nation and stop it. He will still be a hero.
Hmmm...Well said. The fight against corruption will actually not put food on the table of the masses in d country. The rich will continue to gather more wealth, either he is probed or not. I'm not condemning d probes tho, don't get me wrong.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by dantewest: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Slowly but surely, I'm starting to believe in the president
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by ismyheal75: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This president is super clueless. Instead of finding how to fulfill his campaign promises to the northerners and yorubas that voted him, he is busy chasing shadows

What will you ever appreciate in your life? PMB is not here to impress anyone.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by drnoel: 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
FreeGlobe:

[size=28pt]lol[/size]
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by leanalyst: 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
I don't know if its me, but I am getting tired of this probe here, investigation there. Sack this and that. Honestly its time I think PMB should start facing the nations issues and stop all these noise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by PublicAssurance: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
The global economy is tanking, Oil prices are dropping, which means there could be more hardship in our country and all PMB is doing is PROBE PROBE PROBE!!.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by 989900: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
baralatie:
which of the aikhomu is there.the one under IBB regime?

'AVM' should be same Aikhomu (2nd in command).

It's a baffling one.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by 989900: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
PublicAssurance:
The global economy is tanking, Oil prices are dropping, which means there could be more hardship in our country and all PMB is doing is PROBE PROBE PROBE!!.

Further reason why we could use the recovered loots.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by 989900: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
tolustx:
Hmmm...Well said. [s]The fight against corruption will actually not put food on the table of the masses in d country. The rich will continue to gather more wealth, either he is probed or not[/s]. I'm not condemning d probes tho, don't get me wrong.

You just didn't say that.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by sage2(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
And there continues an unending seasons of panels and committees.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by sage2(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
989900:

'AVM' should be same Aikhomu (2nd in command).

It's a baffling one.

Wrong! The Aikhomu(Augustus) of IBB era is long gone. This is his nephew, Joe. He was the flag officer of western naval command in as recent as 2014.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by M4gunners: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yes yes yes i know somebody may go to jail.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by merry02(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
I think he should start from 1999!
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by 989900: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
sage2:

Wrong! The Aikhomu(Augustus) of IBB era is long gone. This is his nephew, Joe. He was the flag officer of western naval command in as recent as 2014.

Oh, yes!

Thanks.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by koife(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
Mean while oshomole urges pmb to probe Pedro sale
Report reaching our desk have it that Edo state governor Adams oshomole have asked PMB to as a matter of urgency probe the sale of Pedro to Chelsea fc. According to source who pleaded anonymity with our correspondence decried that the actual amount paid was way above what was on paper...infact he also accused platini sleaziness where over 200 million pounds was discovered to have been expended unofficially via kick backs in the transfer deal.
The governor who led the delegation to aso villa however didn't show any evidence to backup his claims.
Meanwhile eFCC/icpc/DSS early this morning detained José morinho and sealed off Standford bridge pending the outcome of the probe.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
DickDastardly:
The President with PROBOSCIS probing organ. Housefly mentality. Oga declare your ASSETs and stop behaving like an Idiot cool
Chinekeee! My presido an idiat? To bad!!
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by thehomer: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Won't stamping out corruption and recovering looted funds be one way of fulfilling his campaign promises to Nigerians? Or do you think only Northerners and Yorubas are the Nigerians who voted him in?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by tolustx(m): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
989900:

You just didn't say that.
Yes I did. But instead of just faulting my statement, I tot u wld correct it. Enlighten me (or us).
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by babafirst(m): 5:18am On Aug 25, 2015
Why are some people so bitter about the probe?Una follow share the blood money?A lot of military men died because some vampires without conscience mis-used money appropriated for weapons and you are criticising PMB for this most important probe?May the blood of those innocent soldiers who died innocently pursue those condemning this probe.Nigerians are really their own problem.Read the terms of reference for the probe again and you will see it is to right all the messy thievery deals of the past that destroyed the military. “The committee will specifically investigate allegations of non-adherence to correct equipment procurement procedures and the exclusion of relevant logistics branches from arms procurement under past administrations, which, very often resulted in the acquisition of sub-standard and unserviceable equipment.” Even if no other probe takes place this probe on arms procurement is vital or the blood of those innocent men of the armed forces wasted by corrupt people without conscience will be on our head.Go ahead PMB the facts are there,ignore these sour election losers and 'naggers', save our country, save our armed forces.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by babafirst(m): 5:27am On Aug 25, 2015
leanalyst:
I don't know if its me, but I am getting tired of this probe here, investigation there. Sack this and that. Honestly its time I think PMB should start facing the nations issues and stop all these noise.
it is no more noise oh,this is the actual probe,the committee has been set up,action is in progress,this is the koko probe to retrieve the trillions stolen from arms procurement.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by babafirst(m): 5:37am On Aug 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:
no shadow in this ohhh.Catching the thieves is all part of the campaign promises, probes and nation building can go on concurrently.Afterall GEJ had more irrelevant actionless commitees without reports.The outcome of this probe will be shocking.Wailers,swallow your pride and allow this Baba to probe ,and be patient for the outcome.Afterall the probe will not indict you for voting for a regime which almost ruined Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by ModiKen(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

One question, should he let all those who made the Nigerian armed forces a mess today, walk free
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by Kevodi2015: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2015
TO MY IGBO FRIENDS:
The public are surprised and disgusted that some Igbo elements have taken to the social platforms in recent time agitating for an utopian state of Biafra. No doubts every tribe is entitle to chart its path for freedom and development. it is now astonishing that in the name of actualising biafra state the only known style igbo know is to be so hateful of the Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani nations.
One is surprised that the so call Igbo elders sit down watching the madness to continue un-abaited. war cannot solve anything, Syria and Sudan are on-going examples that will preach to Ibos that they will fail in their ignoble course. When the world is fastly becoming a global village the Igbo who is vastly a land lock region is preparing to wage another war against the rest of nigeria. I ve discussed with some of my South South friends who said that they can never trust Ibos to the extent of entrusting their destiny in their hands.
South south believe that Ibos are very selfish, self centered, proud and in a matter of 3 years they will ibonize them. Infact SS believe the only reason Ibo want them is because they want their oil.
Re: Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 by ChinoJeff: 5:24am On Feb 01, 2016
God save us from the hands of this clueless Buhari.

Person wey him house dey burn, he dey busy dey chase rats. Height of foolishness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Industrialization Grandplan, Akeredolu’s Remarkable Strides In Ondo State / Anambra Guber: INEC publishes List Of Candidates, Soludo, Ozigbo Absent / Lagos At 50 - Ikorodu To Get New Stadium, Shopping Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.