Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

God Was WITH God - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Was WITH God (10805 Views)

If Jesus Was God, How Could He Pray To God? Was Jesus Praying To Himself?” / HAITI DISASTER: God Was Aware, Yet God Didn't Prevent It! / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2015
JMAN05:
U should have left him in the dark cos he doesn't value the truth.
I think ill do that. I've tried enough .
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 07, 2015
johnw74:

Who is in the dark, who doesn't value the truth, but those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses,
those who change what bible scriptures say, which is of satan.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses, but are Jehovah's Witnesses in name only, do not believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh
as Christians believe, and change scripture to have it in line with their false doctrine of the devil

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God(theos), and the Word was God(theos).

They leave the word "God" as God where it relates to the Father
and they change the word "God" to "a god" where it relates to the Word of God
the Greek word that God comes from in both instances is "theos"

U see the bold. Good, that's another darkness I will live u in until u grow up. Maybe u ll carry dat ur meager knowledge into a standard discussion, and thus expose ur sorry condition.
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

I think ill do that. I've tried enough .

Sometimes i don't add to wot they know since dey are not sincere. Better still I put it in form of question and send them to research it, if dey come back still with error, and especially if dey are not humble, I won't tell dem d answer. So dat dey can continue jumping dat dey know when dey are celebrating error. Give those things to those who are honest hearted, they would value it. Don't give wot is holy to dogs.

When Jesus meet obstinate pharisees, he atimes ask them question to silence them or even shorten his reply, because they aren't sincere. Time is better spent with one who is sincere. Ask him how many times I ve ask for a calm discussion with him. That's how u know a sincere person, he didn't accept a calm discussion, but he keep replying to our write-ups. Meaning that he wants to attack u, but he is not sincere to know what d bible has to say on d matter. A sincere person will even pray to have a calm discussion with u. I limit my comments to such people, they are better left in d dark.

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2015
JMAN05:

Sometimes i don't add to wot they know since dey are not sincere. Better still I put it in form of question and send them to research it, if dey come back still with error, and especially if dey are not humble, I won't tell dem d answer. So dat dey can continue jumping dat dey know when dey are celebrating error. Give those things to those who are honest hearted, they would value it. Don't give wot is holy to dogs.

When Jesus meet obstinate pharisees, he atimes ask them question to silence them or even shorten his reply, because they aren't sincere. Time is better spent with one who is sincere. Ask him how many times I ve ask for a calm discussion with him. That's how u know a sincere person, he didn't accept a calm discussion, but he keep replying to our write-ups. Meaning that he wants to attack u, but he is not sincere to know what d bible has to say on d matter. A sincere person will even pray to have a calm discussion with u. I limit my comments to such people, they are better left in d dark.

Thanks
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:19am On Sep 08, 2015
JMAN05:

U see the bold. Good, [size=14pt]that's another darkness[/size] I will live u in until u grow up. Maybe u ll carry dat ur meager knowledge into a standard discussion, and thus expose ur sorry condition.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, support one another in anything, and they call light(truth), darkness

They leave the word "God" as God where it relates to the Father
and they change the word "God" to "a god" where it relates to the Word of God
the Greek word that God comes from in both instances is "theos
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Those who call themselves Jehovah's witnesses but do lie say, Jehovah God arranged for Michael to cease to exist and be recreated as Jesus, a human. However it is the Word of God who became Jesus Christ, and the Word never ceased to exist:

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Incidentally Michael never ceased to exist either.
Concerning the endtime tribulation-wrath:

Dan_12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:32am On Sep 08, 2015
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am(eimi, I exist).

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM(hayah, I exist) hath sent me unto you.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 2:14am On Sep 08, 2015
[size=14pt]Failed prophecies[/size]

The Watchtower Society has a long history of making prophecies and then changing them after they proved false. Dozens of references could be quoted and documented, but a few will suffice to prove the point.

Continue http://www.cftf.com/booklets/jwslisten/prophecies.htm
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnw74:

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, support one another in anything, and they call light(truth), darkness

Enjoy ur error man.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:09am On Sep 09, 2015
JMAN05:

Enjoy ur error man.

Truly, the Word is God
you don't believe the Holy Bible, but change what it say's

Truly the word God in John 1:1 comes from the greek "theos"

Truly it is not error

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God(theos), and the Word was God(theos).

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, change what the Bible says
that it is of the devil

Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but do lie
are the church of satan
are the modern day pharacees
Truly, not error.
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:25am On Sep 09, 2015
From http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Bible.show/sVerseID/29748/eVerseID/29748/opt/parallel/version/ylt

American Standard Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Amplified® Bible
And great {and} important {and} weighty, we confess, is the hidden truth (the mystic secret) of godliness. He [God] was made visible in human flesh, justified {and} vindicated in the [Holy] Spirit, was seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, [and] taken up in glory.

Contemporary English Version
Here is the great mystery of our religion: Christ came as a human. The Spirit proved that he pleased God, and he was seen by angels. Christ was preached to the nations. People in this world put their faith in him, and he was taken up to glory.

Darby English Version
And confessedly the mystery of piety is great. God has been manifested in flesh, has been justified in [the] Spirit, has appeared to angels, has been preached among [the] nations, has been believed on in [the] world, has been received up in glory.

Good News Bible
No one can deny how great is the secret of our religion: He appeared in human form, was shown to be right by the Spirit, and was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, and was taken up to heaven.

International Standard Version
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, Kept righteous by the Spirit's might, Adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, Believing souls found peace and rest, Our Lord in heaven reigning!

King James Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

New American Standard Bible
By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,

was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

New King James Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

N.A.S.B. in E-Prime
By common confession, great we regard the mystery of godliness: He who revealed Himself in the flesh, Received vindication in the Spirit, Viewed by angels,Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Young's Literal Translation
and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety -- God was manifested in flesh, declared righteous in spirit, seen by messengers, preached among nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory!

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
certinally go all evil when shown the truth
and change what scriptures say.
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2015
johnw74:

Truly, the Word is God
you don't believe the Holy Bible, but change what it say's

Truly it is not error

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses but do lie, change what the Bible says
that it is of the devil

Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but do lie
are the church of satan
are the modern day pharacees
Truly, not error.

Funny guy. Ur little knowledge can't figure it out. Just enjoy d petty knowledge.

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
(1) New International Version
"Beyond all question, the
mystery from which true
godliness springs is great: He
appeared in the flesh, was
vindicated by the Spirit, was
seen by angels, was preached
among the nations, was
believed on in the world, was
taken up in glory."
(1973, 1978, 1984, 2011)
* the Greek word "theos"(god) is not found here.

(2)New American Standard
Bible
By common confession, great
is the mystery of godliness: He
who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit,
Seen by angels, Proclaimed
among the nations, Believed
on in the world, Taken up in
glory."

(3)Common English Bible (CEB)
Without question, the mystery
of godliness is great: he was
revealed as a human, declared
righteous by the Spirit, seen by
angels, preached throughout the
nations, believed in around the
world, and taken up in glory.
(2011)

(4)Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
"Great beyond all question is
the formerly hidden truth
underlying our faith:
He was manifested physically
and proved righteous
spiritually, seen by angels
and proclaimed among the nations, trusted throughout the world and raised up in glory to heaven.
(1998)

(5) Douay-Rheims Bible
"And evidently great is the
mystery of godliness, which
was manifested in the flesh,
was justified in the spirit,
appeared unto angels, hath
been preached unto the
Gentiles, is believed in the
world, is taken up in glory."

* the Greek word "theos"(god) is not used here.

(6)Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Christ was shown to us in human form;[a] the Spirit proved that he was right; he was seen by angels. The message about him was told to
the nations; people in the world believed in him; he was taken up to heaven in glory.
( 2006 )

(7)English Standard Version
(ESV)
"Great indeed, we confess, is
the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh,[a]vindicated by the Spirit, [b][c]seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world,taken up in glory."
(2001)

(coolExpanded Bible (EXB)
"Without doubt [or And we all
agree], ·the secret of our life of
worship [or the truth revealed in our faith/worship; L the mystery of godliness; v. 9] is great [C what follows may be from an early Christian hymn]:
He ·was shown to u [appeared; was revealed] in ·a human body [T the flesh], [a] ·proved right [vindicated] ·in spirit [or by the Spirit], and seen by angels. He was proclaimed ·to
[among] the ·nations [Gentiles], believed in ·by [or in; throughout] the world, and taken up in glory.
(2011)

(9)Good News Translation (GNT)
"No one can deny how great is
the secret of our religion: He appeared in human form, was shown to be right by the Spirit,[a] and was seen by angels.
He was preached among the
nations, was believed in
throughout the world, and was taken up to heaven.

(10) Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
"And most certainly, the
mystery of godliness is great:
He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.(1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009)

(11)International Children’s Bible (ICB)
"Without doubt, the secret of
our life of worship is great: He was shown to us in a human body,[a] proved right by the Spirit, and seen by angels. He was preached to the nations,
believed in by the world, and taken to heaven in glory.
(1986, 1988, 1999, 2015 )

(13) J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
"No one can deny that this
religion of ours is a tremendous mystery, resting as it does on the one who showed himself as a human being, and met, as such, every demand of the Spirit in the
sight of angels as well as of men. Then, after his restoration to the Heaven from whence he came, he has been proclaimed among men of different nationalities and
believed in all parts of the world."

(14) Lexham English Bible (LEB)
"And most certainly, great is
the mystery of godliness: Who was revealed in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, [a] was seen by angels, was proclaimed among the Gentiles , [b] was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.(2012)

(15)Living Bible (TLB)
"It is quite true that the way to
live a godly life is not an easy
matter. But the answer lies in
Christ, who came to earth as a
man, was proved spotless and
pure in his Spirit, was served by angels, was preached among the nations, was accepted by men everywhere, and was received up again to his glory in heaven.
(1971)

(16) New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
"Undeniably great is the
mystery of devotion,

Who was manifested
in the flesh, [a] vindicated in the spirit, seen by angels,
proclaimed to the Gentiles,
believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.
(2010, 1991, 1986,
1970)

(17) New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition (NRSVACE)
"Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, [a] vindicated in spirit, [b] [c] seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles,
believed in throughout the
world, taken up in glory.
(1989, 1993, 1995 )
* even this version does not have the word "God " in the verse.

(18)New Living Translation
Without question, this is the
great mystery of our faith:
Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by
the Spirit. He was seen by
angels and announced to the
nations. He was believed in
throughout the world and
taken to heaven in glory.

(19) English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is
the mystery of godliness: He
was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit, seen
by angels, proclaimed among
the nations, believed on in the
world, taken up in glory.

(20) Berean Study Bible
By common confession, the
mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in the flesh, was
vindicated by the Spirit, was
seen by angels, was
proclaimed among the nations,
was believed in throughout the
world, was taken up in glory.

Still many more ,but 20 versions quoted so far have not included or have removed the word "god" in 1 timothy 3:16.

Why is this?
Some versions stated that some manuscripts has the word "god "(theos)" in that verse. but why are they not putting it , why do they refuse to put "God" there like some few translations do?.
Any one who is humble and searches for truth will try to find answers to these questions

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by CAPTIVATOR: 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

I'm cool Bro, how ur side?

Fine o , how is the family and congregation ? Lets thank Jehovah that regional convention will now kick off in Nigeria this month .

Have read alot of beautiful things regarding that convention from our fellow brothers and sisters in Europe . Its great
Re: God Was WITH God by CAPTIVATOR: 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

I'm cool Bro, how ur side?

Fine o , how is the family and congregation ? Lets thank Jehovah that regional convention will now kick off in Nigeria this month .

Have read alot of beautiful things regarding that convention from my fellow bros and sisters in Europe . Its great , are you on jwtalk (a Jehovah witnesses forum) ?
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Have read alot of beautiful things regarding that convention from my fellow bros and sisters in Europe . Its great , are you on jwtalk (a Jehovah witnesses forum) ?

Family is cool Bro.
Will be missing the convention again this year.
No I'm not on jwtalk.
Re: God Was WITH God by CAPTIVATOR: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

Family is cool Bro.
Will be missing the convention again this year.
No I'm not on jwtalk.

Eeyah , I know thats due to somtin personal , but there are many brothers that missed the conventions too but enjoyed reading the notes from those who have attend theirs , on that forum . You can try it .

But I think the convention release will be updated on jw.org for the benefit of our brothers and sisters that couldnt attend .
Re: God Was WITH God by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
johnw74:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am(eimi, I exist).

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM(hayah, I exist) hath sent me unto you.

If you can't differentiate between the two, something is wrong somewhere.

Look closely at the context, @John,"I am" is just a statement while @Exodus "I am" is a name. HA(YAH)--- did is see a part of the Divine name @John?

@Daniel chapter 7: Who is the Ancient of Days seated on the throne and Who is the Son of Man who WAS GRANTED ASSESS to him?

Do you see how God was with a god.

According to you:
God gave Jesus (God) a revelation @ Revelation 1:1; How many God is there? A:One B:Two
Re: God Was WITH God by dolphinheart(m): 12:18am On Sep 10, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Eeyah , I know thats due to somtin personal , but there are many brothers that missed the conventions too but enjoyed reading the notes from those who have attend theirs , on that forum . You can try it .

But I think the convention release will be updated on jw.org for the benefit of our brothers and sisters that couldnt attend .

Yep. There is a reason Bro.
Ill get someone to go along with a cam .
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:43am On Sep 10, 2015
JMAN05:

Funny guy. Ur little knowledge can't figure it out. Just enjoy d petty knowledge.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
go to great lengths in another thread to try and prove that Jesus Christ should not be worshipped, even against the scriptures posted showing He is to be worshipped.

And those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
are going to great lengths in this thread to try and prove that Jesus Christ is not God
they fail miserably except in their own minds.

@ mano, dolphi, riko, vato, and others who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:56am On Sep 10, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

If you can't differentiate between the two, something is wrong somewhere.

Look closely at the context, @John,"I am" is just a statement while @Exodus "I am" is a name. HA(YAH)--- did is see a part of the Divine name @John?

hayah and eimi are words that mean "I exist" God told Moses that His name is "I Am"

Jesus said before Abraham was "I am"

but those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie, are blinded

@Daniel chapter 7: Who is the Ancient of Days seated on the throne and Who is the Son of Man who WAS GRANTED ASSESS to him?

Do you see how God was with a god.

That's nonsense, the Word was with God, and the word was God
the church of satan do not believe scriptures and change what it say's.

According to you:
God gave Jesus (God) a revelation @ Revelation 1:1; How many God is there? A:One B:Two

Yes the Father gave the Son a revelation,
you have seen where the Father called the Son "God"

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of

There is one God, but those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie, will never understand it.

@ mano, dolphi, riko, vato and others who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:12am On Sep 10, 2015
[size=14pt]Salvation by Grace[/size]

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast," (Eph. 2:8-9, NIV).
"You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace," (Gal. 5:4).
This verse and its context plainly teach that if you believe that you are saved by faith and works, then you are not saved at all. This is a common error in the cults. Because they have a false Jesus, they have a false doctrine of salvation. (Read Rom. 3-5 and Gal. 3-5).
You cannot add to the work of God. Gal. 2:21 says, "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" (NIV)
"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin," (Rom. 3:20).
"However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness," (Rom. 4:5).
"Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law," (Gal. 3:21).
Salvation is not universal resurrection as Mormonism would declare. Rather, it is the saving from God's righteous judgment. Furthermore, salvation, which is the forgiveness of sins, is accomplished by faith alone (Rom. 4:1-11).
Roman Catholicism denies salvation by grace through faith alone in Christ alone. Therefore, Roman Catholicism is outside of Christianity.

https://carm.org/essential-doctrines-of-christianity
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 3:05am On Sep 10, 2015
JMAN05:

I have little knowledge, but

I know that Jesus Christ is God
I know that Jesus Christ the Saviour is to be worshipped
I know that Christians are saved by Grace
I know that Jesus Christ was resurrected bodily
I know so much more that those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie, and who will never know until it is to late, until they are about to be thrown into the Lake of fire.

johnw74:

Truly, the Word is God

JMANO5, who calls himself Jehovahs Witnesses, but is not, and does lie,
say's the quoted verse is "petty knowledge" and dismisses "theos" being for both God and the Word
and in fact his church of satan changes that verse to say "theos" means "a god" when referring to the Word Jesus Christ, and 'theos" means God when referring to the Father.

Who is antichrist, but he who denies the Lord.

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

John has shown that the Father(theos) and the Son(theos) is God, antichrist denies the Father and the Son.

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie,
are in fact
antichrist
the church of satan
the modern day pharisee hypocrites

Mar_12:14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

Those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie, have a lot of knowlwdge-false knowledge of things they have been told to believe, instead of studying the bible for themselves without any pre taught false doctrines.
Their false knowledge benefits them nothing at all.

JMAN05:

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:22am On Sep 11, 2015
[size=14pt]The Resurrection of Christ[/size]

"And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith," (1 Cor. 15:14). "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins," (1 Cor. 15:17).
To deny the physical resurrection is to deny that Jesus' work was a satisfactory offering to God the Father. It would mean that Jesus was corrupt and needed to stay in the grave. But, he did not stay because His sacrifice was perfect.
These verses clearly state that if you say that Jesus did not rise from the dead (in the same body He died in--John 2:19-21), then your faith is useless.
The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Muslims deny Jesus' physical resurrection. Therefore, they are outside of Christianity.

Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:13am On Sep 12, 2015
[size=14pt]The Gospel[/size]

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" (Gal. 1:8-9, NIV)
Verses 8 and 9 here in Galatians are a self-declarative statement that you must believe the gospel. The gospel message which in its entirety is that Jesus is God in flesh, who died for sins, rose from the dead, and freely gives the gift of eternal life to those who believe.
Furthermore, it would not be possible to present the gospel properly without declaring that Jesus is God in flesh per John 1:1, 14, 10:30-33, 20:28, Col. 2:9, Phil. 2:5-8, Heb. 1:8.
1 Cor. 15:1-4 defines what the gospel is: "Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," (NIV).
Within these verses are the essentials: Christ is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14, 10:30-33, 20:28, Col. 2:9), Salvation is received by faith (John 1:12, Rom. 10:9-10), therefore, it is by grace, and the resurrection is mentioned in verse 4. Therefore, this gospel message automatically includes the essentials.

Re: God Was WITH God by RikoduoSennin(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
johnw74:

hayah and eimi are words that mean "I exist" God told Moses that His name is "I Am"

Jesus said before Abraham was "I am"

but those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie, are blinded

@bold section, Hayah refers to A NAME just as you yourself have stated. Please tell me the hebrew root words for Yahweh- The Divine Name of God. Loo closely @ haYAH (YAHweh or HalleluYAH)

Was Jesus talking about his personal Name when he said "I am".

Do you mean, every individual who said 'I am' in the bible is God?

johnw74:

That's nonsense, the Word was with God, and the word was God
the church of satan do not believe scriptures and change what it say's.

Yet you can't clearly answer how God was with God.

Every vision of Heaven pictures Jesus as different, seperate and inferior to God. See Daniel chapter 7, Acts chapter 7, Revelation chapter 4 etc

johnw74:

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of

There is one God, but those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie, will never understand it.

@ mano, dolphi, riko, vato and others who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not, and do lie

See how you like twisting Bible scriptures: Revelation 1:1a "The revelation of Jesus Christ, WHICH GOD GAVE HIM to show to his servants the things that must soon take place....."

I did not see the God the Father or God the Son in that verse. I only saw that the Entity we call God (not part of it) gave Jesus Christ (full name spelt in that verse) the revelation: Jesus is not the SOURCE, GOD is!

@Hebrew 1:8, you are so quick to forget verse 9 or you hope it should be erased from the Bible. Did you see how Jesus' Godship is inferior? Jesus although being a god himself has a God!

Hebrew 1:9: "You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness, therefore God, YOUR GOD has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions"

Don't forget that Jesus has a God before, during and After he left earth! (Note: According to you, even while he was on earth as a man he considered himself to be God- So no excuse accepted)
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:59am On Sep 14, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Do you mean, every individual who said 'I am' in the bible is God?

Those who have been blinded cannot understand

See how you like twisting Bible scriptures: Revelation 1:1a "The revelation of Jesus Christ, WHICH GOD GAVE HIM to show to his servants the things that must soon take place....."

I didn't twist Bible scripture but copy and paste it direct from the Bible
when I talk off Bible scripture in my own words I talk acurately,
God in that verse is the Father and Jesus is the Son----Duh

johnw74:

Don't forget that Jesus has a God before, during and After he left earth! (Note: According to you, even while he was on earth as a man he considered himself to be God- So no excuse accepted)

Php_2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:08am On Sep 14, 2015
However those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but are not , and do lie,
do twist the Bible scriptures.

[size=18pt]Bad Translations of the Jehovah's Witness Bible, the New World Translation (NWT).[/size]

Gen. 1:1-2--"In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters," (New World Translation, emphasis added).
The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society denies that the Holy Spirit is alive--the third person of the Trinity. Therefore, they have changed the correct translation of " . . . the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters" to say " . . . and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters."
Zech. 12:10--In this verse God is speaking and says, "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son," (Zech. 12:10, NASB).
The Jehovah's Witnesses change the word "me" to "the one" so that it says in their Bible, " . . . they will look upon the one whom they have pierced . . . "
Since the Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus is God in flesh, then Zech. 12:10 would present obvious problems--so they changed it.
John 1:1--They mistranslate the verse as "a god." Again, it is because they deny who Jesus is and must change the Bible to make it agree with their theology. The Jehovah's Witness version is this: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."
Col. 1:15-17--The word "other" is inserted 4 times. It is not in the original Greek--nor is it implied. This is a section where Jesus is described as being the creator of all things. Since the Jehovah's Witness organization believes that Jesus is created, they have inserted the word "other" to show that Jesus was before all "other" things and implying that He is created.
There are two Greek words for "other": heteros and allos. The first means another of a different kind, and the second means another of the same kind. Neither is used at all in this section of Scripture. The Jehovah's Witness have changed the Bible to make it fit their aberrant theology.
Heb. 1:6--In this verse they translate the Greek word for worship, proskuneo, as "obeisance." Obeisance is a word that means to honor, show respect--even bow down before someone. Since Jesus, to them, is created, then He cannot be worshiped. They have also done this in other verses concerning Jesus, i.e., Matt. 2:2, 11, 14:33, 28:9.
Heb. 1:8--This is a verse where God the Father is calling Jesus God: "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.'" Since the Jehovah's Witnesses don't agree with that, they have changed the Bible, yet again, to agree with their theology. They have translated the verse as " . . . God is your throne . . . " The problem with the Jehovah's Witness translation is that this verse is a quote from Psalm 45:6 which, from the Hebrew, can only be translated as " . . . Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom." To justify their New Testament translation, they actually changed the OT verse to agree with their theology, too!

The NWT translation is not a good translation. It has changed the text to suit its own theological bias in many places.

https://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/bad-translations-jehovahs-witness-bible-new-world-translation
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 12:02am On Sep 15, 2015
[size=16pt]Terminology of Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses[/size]

by Matt Slick

Words are the tools of evangelism. With Cults, definitions are the tools you need to sharpen. It is vitally important, especially with Mormons, to know the meanings of the words they use. A Mormon can say he believes in the Trinity and salvation by grace but what he means is that he believes in the godhead, which is an office held by three separate gods, and that resurrection is a free gift to everyone. With J.W.'s, for example, the Holy Spirit is not a person but a force like radar. So, if you don't know their definitions you'll only be talking in circles.

Know their definitions and you will be a much more effective witness for Christ.

LDS = Latter-day Saints or Mormons. JW = Jehovah's Witnesses.

BIBLE

LDS - The Bible is correct only as far as it is correctly translated. It is basically trustworthy. It is the only one of the four standard works (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price) that is not considered infallible.
JW - The Bible is the inerrant word of God. (Be careful. Though the J.W. organization believes in the inspired Word of God it has changed the Bible to support its own theological bias.)
Bible - the Bible is the inspired inerrant word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).

SALVATION

LDS - Simple bodily resurrection. It does not simply mean forgiveness of sins. Jesus died for universal resurrection.
JW - Earned by good works in cooperation with Jesus' sacrifice.
Bible - Forgiveness of sins with the result of a present new life and in the future eternal life with God (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Rom. 6:23; Rom. 10:9-10).

HEAVEN

LDS - Divided into three Kingdoms: Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial. The Celestial is for perfect Mormons, the Terrestrial is for moral people and lukewarm LDS, and the Telestial Kingdom is for everyone else.
JW - The place that God dwells. Christians do not go to heaven except for 144,000 elite JW's.
Bible - The dwelling place of God (1 Kings 8:30). Christians go to heaven.

KINGDOM OF GOD

LDS - Celestial heaven.
JW - God's "theocratic" rule on earth, his "system of things."
Bible - All the believers of Christ (Matt. 13:41-43).

HOLY GHOST

LDS - "A spirit man. He can only be at one place at one time... " (Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, p. 359.) The Holy Ghost is contrasted with the Spirit of God which is the influence of the Godhead that fills the immensity of space which enables God to know what is going on. It is likened to electricity."
JW - God's active force. He is not alive, but a force like radar.
Bible - Third person of the Trinity. Same as Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4).

ETERNAL LIFE

LDS - Exaltation (exaltation to a Mormon means obtaining Godhood) in the Celestial Kingdom.
JW - Eternal life on paradise earth - for JW's only.
Bible - Forgiveness of sins and life eternal with God (John 17:3; Rom. 6:23).

GODHEAD

LDS - An office held by three separate Gods: the Father who is a god; Jesus who is a god; and the Holy Ghost who is a god.
JW - Consists of only one person: the Father.
Bible - God Himself, not an office. Three persons in one God. A Trinity: The Father; the Son; and the Holy Spirit.

JESUS

LDS - Spirit brother of Satan. A god in the Godhead. He is Jehovah of the O.T. compared to Elohim being the Father. He was the first spirit child to be born to the Father and Mother gods.
JW - Jesus is not God, but Michael the Archangel who became a man and then stopped being a man and became an angel again.
Bible - Jesus is God, second person of the Trinity (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9).

ATONEMENT

LDS - The sacrifice of Christ that made resurrection possible along with the possibility of our earning forgiveness of sins.
JW - The atonement makes possible our earning salvation.
Bible - The substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf. He died for our sins (1 Pet. 2:24; 1 John 2:2).

PRE-EXISTENCE

LDS - We existed in heaven with God our (literal) Father before we became human.
JW - No pre-existence.
Bible - We did not exist before we came to earth (1 Cor. 15:46).

GOSPEL

LDS - The laws and the ordinances of the Mormon church.
JW - The teachings of Jesus, the kingdom and kingdom work (it is general and vague).
Bible - The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for our sins (1 Cor. 15:1-4).

As you can see, some definitions are quite different. Some are very similar. The better you know them the better able you will be prepared to "give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have" (1 Pet. 3:15).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer / Paula White: Without Walls Or Without God? / Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.